Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Plural Abysss posted:

Any choice quotes to share?

Proof I have it.

Some quotes:

quote:

Lead level designer Mike Barclay tells me about Sqaudron 42's design Philosphy. He cites games like Thief and Deus Ex as a big inspiration

quote:

....but Barclay says every level will offer multiple ways to enter, exit, and complete objectives.
If you cause a ruckus, enemies will call in reinforcements, but they won't magically appear from what Barclay calls a 'monster closet'.
They'll be nearby, in ships, and will fly in to help. But if you manage to sneak into the base quietly, you might be able to take over its AA
and blast the backup out of the sky.
This kivd of systematic design is what defines some of the best games on PC, and its encouraging to see Foundry 42 embracing it here.

quote:

Barclay also talks briefly about so-called 'secondary stories' that will populate the open world....
He won't elaborate further on this, and gives no specific examples...

Rest of it is an interview with Mark Hamill and Rhys-Davis (I forgot he was signed up to do mocap).

End is slightly sad:

quote:

Hamill adds "It's still so much fun, but what was cutting edge decades ago looks antiquated today to players"
He gestures over to Roberts "He's right on the edge again with this one".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

:monocle:

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

I love how after the cup is already off its head the built up angular momentum from panic gyrating spins the cat right off the table

crisp roberts
Oct 13, 2016

happyhippy posted:

Proof I have it.

Some quotes:

Rest of it is an interview with Mark Hamill and Rhys-Davis (I forgot he was signed up to do mocap).

End is slightly sad:

No shilling here, no senor.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

happyhippy posted:

Proof I have it.

Some quotes:

End is slightly sad:

SQ42 will be the starcraft missions where you go into the building with marines and a firebat

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

:bravo:
:five::five::five::five:

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

:allears:

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.
A friend in the industry chatted to someone who was in a lead position working on SC/SQ42 in the UK (and who left last year) and the gist was:

quote:

CR is a nightmare to work with.
He will agree a develpment goal, people will work to it and then he will demand it be scrapped and started again.
Constant perfectionist without an abilit to share or moderate his own vision.
They would do 3 months of agreed work and he would work into a meeting and tell them to start again without even looking at it
Impossible to work with

Nothing actually new just another confirmation on what's been said dozens of times before.

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

pubic void nullo posted:

TheAgent just promised, then delivered on, a functional space sim game - more than can be said for some others.
well now we know he doesn't work at CIG :sigh:

Plural Abysss
Feb 25, 2016

happyhippy posted:

Proof I have it.

Some quotes:

End is slightly sad:

Oops, I misread and thought you had the new one on hand.

Thanks for taking us back to 2015 anyway!

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

PST posted:

A friend in the industry chatted to someone who was in a lead position working on SC/SQ42 in the UK (and who left last year) and the gist was:

Nothing actually new just another confirmation on what's been said dozens of times before.

You could read the dread in the reply when he talked about snoopy caps

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
Also what sort of sad man is looking forward to being a space journalist when they can be a space waiter?

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot
lmao beet he banned you from his channel

god drat what a salty bitch

the entirety of that stream is just <message deleted> from tophat, USA, Beet, Magnetron, and a few others

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot
Fargom: [Q] Why is Beet's dog more entertaining than anything in this world?

*wtfoasurus moves mouse to Fargom's name*

Fargom: <message deleted>

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

nawledgelambo posted:

...That monster. Ignore Beet all you want but Kaibo is king goodboy.

So Beet, next stream going to have Dogcam. I'm sure you'd like quadruple WTFO's stream viewers in like 2 minutes.

fargom
Mar 21, 2007

nawledgelambo posted:

This was pretty funny, gotta admit. Who could hate a doggo?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

I found it as some cathartic real time Reddit chat. You posit a dumb rear end question and my god you would get a theory-crafted reply.

xXAdmiralBekHarXx
Jul 11, 2017

by zen death robot
community manager sloth pwning earnest people

quote:

But does the tshirt get insurance? I seriously want to know. If I die wearing it can't someone loot it off me? In that case do I get it replaced?

quote:

That was brought up, and we suggested 3 months insurance. Then we all laughed, and went on with our day.  

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Drunk Theory posted:

...That monster. Ignore Beet all you want but Kaibo is king goodboy.

So Beet, next stream going to have Dogcam. I'm sure you'd like quadruple WTFO's stream viewers in like 2 minutes.

Yeah I'm gonna set up doggo cam Friday afternoon before I stream. Everyone can watch Kayak chill out in the corner of a horrible grey space nightmare lol.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Beet Wagon posted:

Yeah I'm gonna set up doggo cam Friday afternoon before I stream. Everyone can watch Kayak chill out in the corner of a horrible grey space nightmare lol.

Wonderful. I'll be there.

Honestly, I've watched another game streamer who does Dogcam. The dog doesn't have to actually do anything. He can just lie there and people will comment on it while watching you play.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Beet Wagon posted:

Stream kayak with Star citizen in a tiny window in a corner imo

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

Beet Wagon posted:

Star Citizen: The Goodboy Stream :3:

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Drunk Theory posted:

Wonderful. I'll be there.

Honestly, I've watched another game streamer who does Dogcam. The dog doesn't have to actually do anything. He can just lie there and people will comment on it while watching you play.

That's good, cause Kayak mostly chills and naps on my rug if I'm gaming. Although if I bring Biscuit into the room who the hell knows what kind of trouble they'll get into.

Daztek posted:

This is a better solution. I'll make the SC window thumnail sized and hide it behind the graphic that pops up every time someone subscribes lol

kilus aof
Mar 24, 2001

Mr.Tophat posted:

I got timed out for saying, "Thanks commandos, I googled star citizen blog and found a good one"

Wow, Derek's site is the first result for me when searching "star citizen blog". Nice job boosting the PageRank citizens.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

kilus aof posted:

Wow, Derek's site is the first result for me when searching "star citizen blog". Nice job boosting the PageRank citizens.

Amazing things happens when you are on a payroll.

fargom
Mar 21, 2007

kilus aof posted:

drat the self ownage of citizens never ends.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

fargom posted:

This was pretty funny, gotta admit. Who could hate a doggo?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzFaTP6Lk_A

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Who the hell buys gaming mags anymore ?

And why is cig all proud of having a (2nd) front page ad for a dead marketing form ?

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Sappo569 posted:

Who the hell buys gaming mags anymore ?

And why is cig all proud of having a (2nd) front page ad for a dead marketing form ?

Because Chris Roberts still thinks it's the 90s? Doesn't that explain everything he does?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Daztek posted:

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Daztek posted:

Stream kayak gently caress star citizen

Corn Nuts
Jul 16, 2003

Pillbug
Stream star citizen with kayak grabby hands:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0Fb8qV44hU

well HECK Phil
Feb 25, 2010
Toilet Rascal
I like Kayak because I think, "what a cool dog," but then look at my pupper and realize she's way cooler in my heart. If you don't think your own dog is the best dog ever, you're doing something wrong.

Still would give him belly rubs.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

well HECK Phil posted:

I like Kayak because I think, "what a cool dog," but then look at my pupper and realize she's way cooler in my heart. If you don't think your own dog is the best dog ever, you're doing something wrong.

Still would give him belly rubs.

Sounds like something Milton would have written.

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.
Anyone have that gif that shows the Star Citizen schedule being pushed further and further away from it's original date?

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
https://twitter.com/real_lethality/status/897541643263295488

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

The hype's always been real, it's the game that doesn't exist.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Hav posted:

They pulled them from the second row for the photo.
Beet can you probate this dour fact checker for me please.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

G0RF fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Aug 17, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

:eyepop:

Priceless!