Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/jk_rowling/status/747527349525176321

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

Breakfast All Day posted:

bougie centrists alt left status: appropriated

https://twitter.com/MollyJongFast/status/897949174142046213

bonus @brands

anime was right posted:

thius is the stupidest, most 2017 twitter storyline to date

libs are breaking my brain :shepface:

idont think ill make it to 2020 if they keep pulling stunts like this

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

i should start a Mad Online Billionaire tournament like the poo poo account tourney but only for billionaires who have more money than god but spend all their time posting stupid poo poo online

rowling and minecraft guy are gonna be top seeds for sure

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

i would probably get tired of all the supermodel blowjobs and just start shitposting online too tbh

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Terror Sweat posted:

i would probably get tired of all the supermodel blowjobs and just start shitposting online too tbh

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

also we can only accomplish this by endorsing an unelectable third party

on the other hand, imagine having your vote influenced by the pee ghost writer

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

I decided to get money out of politics by not donating to Democrats tbqh

I got money into politics by becoming a dues paying member of DSA

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Shear Modulus posted:

its likely this plus talking about saving money with some minutiae nobody cares about lets them sound """wonky"""

Kamala 2020: Trump is the party of BIG DATA CENTER! i want to shrink BIG DATA enough to drown it in a liquid-cooled hard drive!

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

2020 iowa primary ad

Mark Zuckerberg says he can make government more effective. But as CEO of Facebook, Zuckerberg has spent billions on data centers with hundreds of thousands of servers. And he plans to build even more. Former employees say Zuckerberg refuses to invest in compression technologies to reduce the need for data centers. Mark Zuckerberg: wrong on data centers, wrong for America.

I'm Corey Booker, and I approve this message.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

fascists of the left aaaaaa AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
money is a disease

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

anime was right posted:

money is a disease

destroy the welfare state before it creates another jk rowling

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
ya gr8, have the harry potter kids come at the black bloc with plastic wands nbd

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

dont u need to be like, a consultant or something to actually get any money outta politics? :thunk:

hillary clinton did more to attack wall street profits than bernie ever did

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

:thejoke:

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

is that some strange type of arrangement like a sin eater, only with money and instead of eating it she put it right into her pocket?

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

is that some strange type of arrangement like a sin eater, only with money and instead of eating it she put it right into her pocket?

she mostly set it on fire or gave it to inbred "data" "experts" which is barely better

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

Dreddout posted:

Why the gently caress are you taking phone calls from strangers in the shower?

You never know when your next sugar daddy will call you up. Weird old men like phone sex. Look at O'Reilly.

Willa Rogers posted:

* bad dems decide to focus the dccc on electing blue dogs

* bad dems complain that they can't be progressive bc of blue dogs

* rinse and repeat

We have reached the suck zone.

Choo...choo. :shillary:

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

I decided to get money out of politics by not donating to Democrats tbqh

My only donations is buying election paraphernalia for my family's collection. We have a pretty extensive collection going back to JFK, which is pretty neat. I got something from Bernie, Hillary, and Trump. Nothing spectacular.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

My Face When posted:

My only donations is buying election paraphernalia for my family's collection. We have a pretty extensive collection going back to JFK, which is pretty neat. I got something from Bernie, Hillary, and Trump. Nothing spectacular.

No Jeb! guacamole bowl? :gonk:

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
I bought paraphernalia but the store said it was for democratic use only

I still used it to Bern
:bernin:

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 215 days!

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

this is where jeb! was a true hero, refusing to stop until he had given his all to the cause

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P54sP0Nlngg

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

anime was right posted:

fascists of the left aaaaaa AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

We have definitions of things for a reason.

Wikipedia posted:

Fascism /ˈfæʃɪzəm/ is a form of radical authoritarian nationalism,[1][2] characterized by dictatorial power, forcible suppression of opposition, and control of industry and commerce,[3] that came to prominence in early 20th-century Europe. The first fascist movements emerged in Italy during World War I, before it spread to other European countries. Opposed to liberalism, Marxism, and anarchism, fascism is usually placed on the far-right within the traditional left–right spectrum.[4][5]

People are saying "maybe she means fiscally left-wing authoritarian". There are no fiscally liberal authoritarians on a Mussolini-type scale until you go all the way left to communism, so it would have been clearer to have just said "fascists and communists". If she had said "fascists and communists", though, maybe she'd have thought to take a look around and see that there are no mass protests for communism happening like there are for Nazism right now. Equivocating centrists, who look down on politics as beneath them from atop their high horse, don't need statistical data or even anecdotes anymore. They just see "both sides" as a law like gravity.

For me, this will be "the J.K. Rowling tweet" that I will refer to if I ever need to explain why her rhetoric is problematic

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

im deeply trouble by the opinions of this one-hit wonder author of a children's boo kseries

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
As a millennial, I can say that JK Rowling has had more influence on my generation than, uh, whoever the gently caress influence you other generations, Bob Dylan or Kevin Smith or whatever.

All for the bad, those books suck.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Calibanibal posted:

im deeply trouble by the opinions of this one-hit wonder author of a children's boo kseries

as u should b

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

who would win, JK Rowling or KA Applegate

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Animorphs says that war is hell and basically fucks with your head forever, is therefore incredibly woke.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
if you lose jk rowling you lose the war

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

gently caress your mom
gently caress your mom's momma
gently caress the beastie boys and the dalai lama

also lyle lovett

whoever the gently caress that is

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

JK Rowling's political beliefs can eat my entire rear end

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

owns.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/petercoffin/status/898007665946898433

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...m=.a93d0354cab5

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

the Finder comics were incredibly loving good

You should read them if you're at all interested in comics

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Probably Magic posted:

Animorphs says that war is hell and basically fucks with your head forever, is therefore incredibly woke.

Animorphs was one of the most surprisingly subversive children's book series I've read

I reread the entire series last year and was honestly taken aback at how brutally honest it was in so many ways. I'm shocked (but happy) Scholastic published it

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

:lol: Eisenhower was garbage.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

lol

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Al! posted:

ok lets get back down to this because how can anyone possibly be aware of the data center issue, let alone so many people the dems think its top priority. is there some prankster administering the surveys who checks "consolidate data centers" every time someone mentions single payer

creative interpretations of extremely leading questions

if they're asked "do you love it when the government inefficiently wastes your tax dollars on redundant, unnecessary, outdated computer systems" a pretty high percentage of people are gonna say no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
how come the GOP can be like "the sky is green" and every republican agrees that the sky is green, but the dems can't put single-payer on the platform because the base just doesn't support it

oh wait i know the answer

• Locked thread