Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
hahaha goddamn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

163 characters :argh:

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Foo Diddley posted:

:sandance: :sadpeanut: :pgabz:

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Foo Diddley posted:

I still have faith.

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

"last year's yet AMAZING demo"?

:smith:

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

well HECK Phil posted:

I like Kayak because I think, "what a cool dog," but then look at my pupper and realize she's way cooler in my heart. If you don't think your own dog is the best dog ever, you're doing something wrong.

Still would give him belly rubs.

Not empty quoting.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

boviscopophobic posted:

Yeah uh sort of the joke but yeah we understand why some might not get it sort of thing...

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Why can't I catch a worm-sign and hook up on to one?

Where fidelity?

Where immersion?

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

Thank you kindly for this, I needed a good laugh after exposing nazis apologists in GBS

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Mr.Tophat posted:

Thank you kindly for this, I needed a good laugh after exposing nazis apologists in GBS

Please don't tell me there's nazi apologists here in SA.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

TheAgent posted:

Sent out a few copies of NMS. I went in the order I got the requests in. If you haven't accepted my Steam friend invite yet, please do and I'll send you copy along.

Thanks!

I missed the opportunity, but appreciate the thought. Thank you friend! :glomp:

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

boviscopophobic posted:

I can't believe you turbonerds are nitpicking my trash post! :argh:

Exceeding character count for the medium, leaving an extra word because I didn't bother to proof it.

OKAY FINE I'LL FIX IT!

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Beet Wagon posted:

Awesome! You're a thread hero. I'm commissioning a statue in your honor but I need to gather a bunch more legs before I can start it.

Good news, sir! The lighting and pamphlets to market your statue have just arrived! We only spend $50k on it, so it's small beans. The pamphlet is inviting 1 million people to the showing next week!

All you need to do now is layer in the statue!

What could possibly go wrong, sir!

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

toanoradian posted:

Please don't tell me there's nazi apologists here in SA.

Don't worry. They're getting dogpiled, and regardless, you'll know them when you see them. I'm making sure sure of that.

Roflan
Nov 25, 2007

Corn Nuts posted:

Stream star citizen with kayak grabby hands:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0Fb8qV44hU

This thread would be far worse if it weren't successfully convincing me to get a dog.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Berious posted:

Also what sort of sad man is looking forward to being a space journalist when they can be a space waiter?

Waiter? My my, somebody must think they are special!

I plan to work in the ship loading and unloading industry. Nothing makes me more excited after a long day of work to sit down and start manually unloading thousands and thousands of boxes from a mile long ship.

If I play hard enough, some day I will earn the right to be a waitress aboard a cruise liner!

I would suggest being a criminal, but for some reason in the Star Citizen universe that seems to lead into being a noble and loyal military soldier of high rank and regality. I'm not sure what the connection is, but there it is.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Sappo569 posted:

Who the hell buys gaming mags anymore ?

And why is cig all proud of having a (2nd) front page ad for a dead marketing form ?

It's another marketing misfire, lead by Chris Roberts' vision of a schedule. I bet if you get the article, it will talk about things that should have been in the game right now but aren't.

Usually these marketing things are planned months/years in advance, so it's a hilarious reminder for CR to be reminded of how poo poo he is with forecasting a project.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Foo Diddley posted:

It's someone trying to do the impossible! Just like this bloated corpse of a game

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
Just in case you missed my blog, I think CIG is going to "demo" jumping to a different star system at their little con.

It's literally the only thing that might work. I can't imagine FPS gameplay is going to appeal to his crowd, at least not without heavy sexual overtones like a sci fi Second Life.

But then I've been wrong before so...

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

well HECK Phil posted:

I like Kayak because I think, "what a cool dog," but then look at my pupper and realize she's way cooler in my heart. If you don't think your own dog is the best dog ever, you're doing something wrong.

Still would give him belly rubs.

Lladre posted:

Not empty quoting.

This is the way it should be. It's fine to like my dog, but only if you love your own dog more. All dogges are the best dogges.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

quote:

Im not a fanatic. Im just interested in the Software, like i said i dont even own a comptuer capable of running it. I just watch the ATVs, maybe you should too. You arent very well researched.

The truth of SC can only be gleaned from careful study of the Holy Scripture.

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer

:newlol: Had a good chuckle.

Gradis
Feb 27, 2016

GAPE APE
added some music to a vid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TlviSj3eCE

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

WHAT THE gently caress ARE THOSE FACIAL EXPRESSIONS

Gradis
Feb 27, 2016

GAPE APE

doingitwrong posted:

WHAT THE gently caress ARE THOSE FACIAL EXPRESSIONS

Completionist joy levels

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

In 2012, Google reported having over 7,100 employees and contractors directly working in mapping.

I have no idea why even the most brainwashed backers think that CIG is going to 'touch' anything except the immediate surroundings of hero locations (which will be less than 1% by area). Even manually flying over each planet to check for flaws in the proc-gen is probably beyond their ability. Each planet will have AAA games worth of content, but you start to compare that content to NMS or Elite and they get super defensive.

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.
this game is loving retarded

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

3.0 Jesus Patch posted:

:newlol: Had a good chuckle.

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008
The whole handcraft thing was just a Chris trying to back away from "procedural generation" after NMS copped a beating.

Go back 18 months just before NMS and it was procedural everything everywhere

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
The level of delusion in believing that they're capable of pulling of multiple historic milestones in computing while failing to deliver anything tangible at all is incredible. It reminds me of the "MMO" Dawn from the early 2000's and it's promise of fetus catapults.

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

Wow.

Currently being stomped by the original Dragon Warrior which has 87 viewers.

Edit: Catte tax:

Viscous Soda fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Aug 17, 2017

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

A Neurotic Corncob posted:

this game is loving retarded

agereed

Experimental Skin
Apr 16, 2016

Wise Learned Man posted:

The truth of SC can only be gleaned from careful study of the Holy Scripture.

Star Citizen: My God, it's Full of Idiots

Experimental Skin
Apr 16, 2016

Rudager posted:

The whole handcraft thing was just a Chris trying to back away from "procedural generation" after NMS copped a beating.

Go back 18 months just before NMS and it was procedural everything everywhere

...and before that again it was '100 systems all individually hand crafted by artisans down to the last blade of grass' rather than 'a boring repetitive procedural universe of 400 billion systems' which Elite Dangerous used...

Mne nravitsya
Jul 14, 2017

Berious posted:

Also what sort of sad man is looking forward to being a space journalist when they can be a space waiter?

Space waiter? How can you start at the top of your career tree? You need to stop by the Something Offal part of the boards and see that "dish pit monkey" is your starting area.

I'm persoanlly hoping to sign on as a bar back, and after hours alcoholic grease trap cleaner on Lethality's Capital ship. My mom would be so proud.

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I'm applying for my liquor license so when 3.0 drops i can legally serve liquor on spaceships via the beverage mixing mini game.

gonna be a pro at making and serving:>

Fuzzy Navel's, Between the Sheets, Broken Down Golf Cart's, and Croberts all time fav a RedHeaded Slut. :cheers:

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
3.0 is going to be so good.

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.

no_recall posted:

3.0 is going to be so good 2 years from now

fixt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU