Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mermaid Autopsy
Jun 9, 2001

LanceHunter posted:

Remember when he was upset that his comics were getting repurposed with nazi images? Oh how far we've come...

they were only "repurposed" because they were so loaded with every conceivable dog-whistle that they needed to be cracked open like an Advent calendar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
The Alt-Left-Alt-Left? Okay, this ride is getting too fast for me; I can't keep up anymore.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
That people were saying the real Nazis were those counter protesting those flying the goddamn swastika is going to be something I'll have trouble explaining to my descendents.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Oh wow. SA has a front page full of articles? Who knew?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Kopijeger
Feb 14, 2010
Today Zelda is actually mildly amusing:

Fun fact: Riche is a trendy restaurant in Stockholm, and Fabrique appears to be a trendy bakery chain. Historical references include the battle of Lützen, Plague Doctors and the mummy from the Ötztal Alps.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Flavius Belisarius posted:

ok so put a nazi armband on the second free speech guy and it's agc bing bing bong

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

BallerBallerDillz
Jun 11, 2009

Cock, Rules, Everything, Around, Me
Scratchmo

Gum posted:

For those not following British politics, yes, turning off a 13 ton bell so it doesn't literally deafen the people working on the tower is a controversial issue

I liked all the headlines that said something along the lines of "Only A Few More Bongs Before Big Ben Falls Silent for Four Years"

:2bong:

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Gotta keep going! (I'm sorry about my garbage art)

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Kopijeger posted:

Today Zelda is actually mildly amusing:

Fun fact: Riche is a trendy restaurant in Stockholm, and Fabrique appears to be a trendy bakery chain. Historical references include the battle of Lützen, Plague Doctors and the mummy from the Ötztal Alps.
HEY GAIL looks at that second panel and thinks "way ahead of you" and "poser doesn't even have a pike".

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Apes-Ma posted:

Can't wait for Garrison firing back with a cartoon.

Something like this I imagine

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

That guy on the right is Lester in blackface, btw

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Pants Donkey posted:

I was searching for something, and I found this old Cagle. Enjoy your new fetish.

Speaking of finding your new fetish, I discovered breadface today.

Oh, and don't fret, everyone. Adam4d knows what will help

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.
That's actually a decent Ford, he'd probably be better off doing Christian themed motivational comics like that.

As for that Garrison, wasn't his whole thing that he was a libertarian who thought that private companies should run things, not the government? Isn't Google a private company, or does that only apply when it doesn't hurt his own arguement.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Wow you must not read the bible at all if you can't remember a simple passage like that and have to open up your bible every time.

Also I think I like his Trump, help me.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

OldMemes posted:

As for that Garrison, wasn't his whole thing that he was a libertarian who thought that private companies should run things, not the government? Isn't Google a private company, or does that only apply when it doesn't hurt his own arguement.
This isn't unique to Garrison. Pay attention for long enough, and you notice that all libertarians suddenly stop believing in the rights of corporations when the said corporations do things they don't like.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Gum posted:

For those not following British politics, yes, turning off a 13 ton bell so it doesn't literally deafen the people working on the tower is a controversial issue

Big Ben never had this problem before, must be all those complaining millennials with their weak ear drums and sensitive tympanic membranes! Back in my day I wake up to the symphony of bombs and gunfire, but today's youth much prefer their pop "music". If you take away Big Ben's sound, what other great British things are you going to remove next? The buses' colour? The organ in Westminster Abbey? Cockfosters station? The House of Lords?

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

‘Fox & Friends’: Trump on Charlottesville Is Same as Obama Was on Dallas Attack

They really do just draw whatever they see on morning TV, don't they?

TIME posted:

We still don't know all the facts. What we do know is that there has been a vicious, calculated and despicable attack on law enforcement. Police in Dallas were on duty, doing their jobs, keeping people safe during peaceful protests. These law enforcement officers were targeted, and nearly a dozen officers were shot. Five were killed. Other officers and at least one civilian were wounded -- some are in serious condition, and we are praying for their recovery.

As I told Mayor Rawlings, I believe that I speak for every single American when I say that we are horrified over these events, and that we stand united with the people and the police department in Dallas. According to police, there are multiple suspects. We will learn more, undoubtedly, about their twisted motivations. But let's be clear: There is no possible justification for these kinds of attacks or any violence against law enforcement. The FBI is already in touch with the Dallas police, and anyone involved in these senseless murders will be held fully accountable. Justice will be done.

I will have more to say about this as the facts become more clear. For now, let me just say that even as yesterday I spoke about our need to be concerned, as all Americans, about racial disparities in our criminal justice system, I also said yesterday that our police have an extraordinarily difficult job and the vast majority of them do their job in outstanding fashion. I also indicated the degree to which we need to be supportive of those officers who do their job each and every day, protecting us and protecting our communities.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

Has Bad Reporter been on break? This is so good.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

What exactly are "both sides" of cop killings? The police and their victims share responsibility when the police kill someone? Or is he referring to the cops who were killed in Dallas, and imagining that Obama said they brought it on themselves?

Credit where credit is due, this one made me laugh.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

TheBigAristotle posted:

Speaking of finding your new fetish, I discovered breadface today.

Oh, and don't fret, everyone. Adam4d knows what will help

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I still don't know what they mean by "Both sides caused cop killings" because from what I've seen it's the cops doing the killing?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

eviltastic posted:

Don't destroy the confederate statues please, melt them down into this.

Not into the statue itself, the platform it's standing on.

this would rule

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Ularg posted:

I still don't know what they mean by "Both sides caused cop killings" because from what I've seen it's the cops doing the killing?

There was a sniper. It was a whole thing. Racists and shitheads gleefully blamed it, and continue to blame it, on BLM as a whole, and also all black people/liberals/Shadow Obama by association. Even though BLM spokespeople and Obama immediately condemned it.

Anyway let's talk about how EVIL ANTIFA AND GEORGE SOROS provoked that nazi into running people over.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Young Orc

Mantis42 posted:

Oh wow. SA has a front page full of articles? Who knew?

mods!

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

So who's Yensid in this metaphor? Who's the true master of hate who will save Trump from his own incompetence?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Lots of people seem to forget about that verse.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Ularg posted:

As tempted as they are to do so, Fox and Friends know they can't quite come out in favor of the Klan and in cops murdering minorities, so they instead find the one black person on YouTube who said a cop should die, and hammer the narrative that this one person is the face of BLM and 100% mirrors their views whether they're actually affiliated with the group or not, that way, they can take the slightly more defensible position of "There is violence on both sides."
That way they can Tsk-tsk black people and give a wink-nudge to the people they actually do support.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Didn't you know that while every other verse in the bible is to be interpreted in a strictly literal sense, that one specifically is a metaphor?

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Pants Donkey posted:

This isn't unique to Garrison. Pay attention for long enough, and you notice that all libertarians suddenly stop believing in the rights of corporations when the said corporations do things they don't like.
Well you see it only works if the market is truly free and ours is just not free enough. Once the market is completely free, consumers will correct corporate bad behavior because magic.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXxyDZRUTDQ

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

drat, Blackadder has their number.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Apple Pie Hubbub fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Aug 17, 2017

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

"Oh woe is me, how did the Republican party end up abandoning its principles and losing its way and - oh is that Hillary I hate her so much hate hate Hate Hate HATE HATE HATE wait where was I"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Maybe if I blame Hillary enough I will forget about the gaping and festering hole where my morals used to be.

Gary why are you so bad at this?

• Locked thread