Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dragomorph
Aug 21, 2007

HE'S NOT A REAL GOON, SAM!

Can I keep his head as a souvenir?

Say, why is it ticking?
:toot: Ace is one step away from full enhancement and all his cool moves are fully enhanced. Would he be useful in any of the trials?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Dragomorph posted:

:toot: Ace is one step away from full enhancement and all his cool moves are fully enhanced. Would he be useful in any of the trials?

Short answer: yes

Long Answer: He's now an amazing mana battery (currently our best), has the best imperil for multiple elements (including Light, for all them orlandus and other excalibur toters) and can even dish out respectable to unholy amounts of damage depending on your RNG.

Dragonturtle
Feb 23, 2017

InequalityGodzilla posted:

Yo, I just want to take a minute to personally thank you for this. I only started playing this like a week ago and I have been shamelessly abusing both my constant rank up raid refreshes, and the "quit the app and reopen to refresh the friends list" bug to use your 2B and level up....well basically everything. You putting that character up has probably saved me what would otherwise be dozens of hours of gameplay, so thanks.

No problem! Hit me up if you ever need specific units or anything put up for future events or anything like that.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Yeah, seconding a nice big thanks to the folks who put up dodge carries.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Yeah, after maint tomorrow, the 100% Dodge characters will be the best way through ELT.

The BotMurder was fun while it lasted!

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

20k lapis plus whatever for daily half-off pulls and virtually nothing to show for it. Gau, while new to me, does not count. :negative:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

I've put Algernon's Fist, along with Equip Fists, Martial Arts Mastery, and Apocalypse on my second Orlandeu for now. Still leveling him up, but he's at around 600 ATK. What else could I put on him, bearing in mind I've got my first Orlandeu at as near as I can get to BIS with the same materia, weapons and accessories everyone else has on theirs.

A second Excalibur has just started cooking, so it's going to be a while on that.

Replace the Apocalypse with the Rune Edge(?), Durandal if you have it, or some other holy weapon. The loss in ATK will easily be worth having him deal holy damage, thus making him elemental chain with your main Orlandu. That'll build the multiplier faster and he'll benefit from DR's holy debuff.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Kheldarn posted:

Yeah, after maint tomorrow, the 100% Dodge characters will be the best way through ELT.

The BotMurder was fun while it lasted!

They're also fixing A2's LB to self damage so even with 100% Dodge she might not be able to auto battle ELT. It's gonna suck when those fixes go live.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

BGrifter posted:

They're also fixing A2's LB to self damage so even with 100% Dodge she might not be able to auto battle ELT. It's gonna suck when those fixes go live.

It depends on how much damage she takes. If it's not enough to kill her, you just Offensive Heal Combo the next round. Or just skip her Limit, and do nothing but Dash Attack > Finisher. Nothing really changes for her.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Kheldarn posted:

It depends on how much damage she takes. If it's not enough to kill her, you just Offensive Heal Combo the next round. Or just skip her Limit, and do nothing but Dash Attack > Finisher. Nothing really changes for her.

You have to press buttons, that's what changes.

I suppose we could disable auto-Limit Break and still auto attack the boss that way. Just annoying having to flip that switch back and forth for TMR farming. It's convenient being able to start the fight then shove my phone in my pocket while at work.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

BGrifter posted:

You have to press buttons, that's what changes.

I suppose we could disable auto-Limit Break and still auto attack the boss that way. Just annoying having to flip that switch back and forth for TMR farming. It's convenient being able to start the fight then shove my phone in my pocket while at work.

Oh. I didn't know you were running it on Auto. That will make a difference for you.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Don't forget King Mog store closes tonight.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
will you still be able to get the moogle login reward toonman

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
So is the consensus that the Spear bug is based on device? Is there a list of devices that consistently cause it?

Friendly Lurker
Apr 7, 2012

IOIOIOIOIOIOIO

Cobalt60 posted:

So is the consensus that the Spear bug is based on device? Is there a list of devices that consistently cause it?
From what I've been seeing, it seems like it is 32 bit OS related.

I've been trying to figure out how to get an emulator on an older android version so I can at least use my own drat B2 to kill Aigaion before the bug goes away.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

I haven't seen a list compiled, all I can contribute is that it works on my Galaxy S3 but not on my Zenfone 2 w/o any force app closing or anything like that.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

I can't speak for all devices but uhh... I'm basically getting that spear bug constantly when I use Dragonturtle's 2B. It happens like...3/5 times on the very first try, and if that fails it almost always works on the second attack. I'm running the game on an iPhone 5.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

PaybackJack posted:

While I'm excited that I have a chance to roll a 2nd Trance Terra I'm not down with them taking the Daily away from Nier.

The last time they gave us a garbage banner vs. an event banner like this they kept the event banner as the daily and used the garbage banner as a secondary thing. So it's probably just going to replace the veritas banner.

EDIT: also is there anywhere to buy body boost or whatever? Every god drat exploration I send my dudes on demands like 3 of them now.

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Aug 17, 2017

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Cry Havoc posted:

will you still be able to get the moogle login reward toonman

Yeah, I can't miss a single day. I was only gone for three logins.

Malboro Marie is back up and I have slots, send me an invite if you need.

MonkeyBench
Apr 3, 2012

Cartoon Man posted:

Yeah, I can't miss a single day. I was only gone for three logins.

Malboro Marie is back up and I have slots, send me an invite if you need.

Request sent player name Rumble
Thank you kindly.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

MonkeyBench posted:

Request sent player name Rumble
Thank you kindly.

Send it again, I cancelled it cause I didn't recognize the signature as being goonish.

MonkeyBench
Apr 3, 2012

Cartoon Man posted:

Send it again, I cancelled it cause I didn't recognize the signature as being goonish.

resent.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Scrublord Prime posted:

Looking at the issues list, it looks like 21O also has a bugged move! R10: Laser, her 3* lv10 attack can also do the 1 or max damage bug too. If you can trigger it make a team of 21O's and just one turn Aigaion with that. As always test with Engels before blowing 50 energy on Aigaon.

21O's skill does indeed do 1 Damage, but I can't get it to ever do anything else, and I think it's because unlike the Spear move, it's not Super Effective agains Machines. I imagine if I had Machine Killer on her, it would work.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

I've put Algernon's Fist, along with Equip Fists, Martial Arts Mastery, and Apocalypse on my second Orlandeu for now. Still leveling him up, but he's at around 600 ATK. What else could I put on him, bearing in mind I've got my first Orlandeu at as near as I can get to BIS with the same materia, weapons and accessories everyone else has on theirs.

A second Excalibur has just started cooking, so it's going to be a while on that.

hi im Algernon Cadwallader the giant robot and i sound kind of like cap'n jazz

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Someone with a device that can do the bug should log on to my account and get me through the trial so I can make my Aileen a good loaner unit :smith:

Oh well

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
I really hope my Nexus 5 can do it. Downloading exvius onto it right now.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
I had it work on a Gen 1 or Gen 2 ipad Mini

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
It works on an Alcatel Onetouch Pop 7, my FRep machine.

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

Anyone had luck with emulating the bug? Maybe I could spin up a VM and then emulate :shepspends:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Well no wonder the game won't give me 2B: I have 12 of his stupid TM Moogles wasting inventory space. And 9 for A2. :mad:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

no emo revival fans in the phone game thread huh, that's too bad i was pretty proud of that reference

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
Managed to do the Aigaion trial legit (well as legit as a 2 Fryevia strategy is), but I forgot about the no magic condition part way through and casted a Raise. Booo.

So I spent the rest of the night trying to do the 2B trick, using a Nexus 7 (2013), Galaxy S4, and eventually I pulled out my old Droid Incredible.

Nexus and Galaxy S4 only pulled 1s on the hit, and I couldn't even get my Droid to update the system, so guess I won't be cheeseballing this one. I'll pick up World Destroyer some other day legit.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Kheldarn posted:

Well no wonder the game won't give me 2B: I have 12 of his stupid TM Moogles wasting inventory space. And 9 for A2. :mad:

15/9/19 moogles for 2B/9S/A2. But I can't clear them out because whatifitdrops?:ohdear:

On the bright side I managed to get through Talk of the Soldiers to get the last piece of gear from there before it goes.

Chasiu
Dec 30, 2007

Khisanth Magus posted:

I really hope my Nexus 5 can do it. Downloading exvius onto it right now.

My 2013 Nexus 5 (running Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow) only gets 1s and not the 9999999999 no matter how many times I force close > restart. I did get the bug one time using Memu (Android 4.4.4 KitKat) but couldn't replicate it after trying for over an hour. Works on a Kindle Fire HD though.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Chasiu posted:

My 2013 Nexus 5 (running Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow) only gets 1s and not the 9999999999 no matter how many times I force close > restart. I did get the bug one time using Memu (Android 4.4.4 KitKat) but couldn't replicate it after trying for over an hour. Works on a Kindle Fire HD though.

I'll need to download it on my Kindle fire real quick then. Completely forgot I even had that thing around.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Chasiu posted:

Thank you so much for mentioning the Kindle fire, finished with all rewards!

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
Gilgamesh at 1% using rainbows fohlen... looked back and it was maintenance

did I get boned if it didn't complete?

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
How hard is Malboro?
Does he open up with statuses Galore?

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

So I got 9S after burning my Google Play credit (and 42 cents, guess I'm not free-to-play anymore) and Cecil, so I figure with Fry that's 3/5 of a good team right there.

Probably going to throw all my lapis/tickets into banner chasing until the Nier banner ends, as I've heard nothing about the girls being available after the 23rd (and that makes me sad).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

SquirrelGrip posted:

Gilgamesh at 1% using rainbows fohlen... looked back and it was maintenance

did I get boned if it didn't complete?

It should put you back in at the beginning of the last round you played, as long as you say yes when it asks if you want to "play mission."

Just like closing the app and restarting.

• Locked thread