Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Number 1 Nerd Tear Farmer 2022.

Keep it up, champ.

Also you're a skeleton warrior now. Kree.
Unlockable Ben

corn in the bible posted:

There's a lot of people like that in STEM programs at least, yeah.

Yea, there's professors like that in STEM programs (although of course by that age they don't so much "stare slack-jawed at women" as simply never consider their sexual desires in a real world context, which I guess is what "incels" ought to do rather than yelling about it). Oh, and that applies to both genders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

LanceHunter posted:

A lot of them seem to be more along the lines of "I'm too smart for school and that's why I'm a B- student".

i wonder if any of these people are also rick and morty fans

OhAreThey
Oct 12, 2012

I like your nurse's uniform, guy.
I'd rather be Chad's whore than Incel's waifu.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqlYJqsm2Rg

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Somebody should explain to incels that dating/courtship is an actual thing like any other complex human domain with its own abilities and quirks. People actually enjoy it not being easy and straightforward, the challenge is a big part of it. I don't know, somebody spell it out using comparisons to video games or something so that they can relate.

What I'm saying is that just because Chad makes it look effortless it doesn't mean it is especially when the observer is a some social outcast that misses 90% of what's actually going on.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

They're like that guy in a pool hall bitching that his opponent only ever has to make easy shots.

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

Just how do these normie clit-talkers manage it???

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Keep it up, champ.

Unlockable Ben

Palpek posted:

Somebody should explain to incels that dating/courtship is an actual thing like any other complex human domain with its own abilities and quirks. People actually enjoy it not being easy and straightforward, the challenge is a big part of it. I don't know, somebody spell it out using comparisons to video games or something so that they can relate.

Well, that ties into the one of the few claims made by legitimate incels (yes, they exist, they're both genders and they sure as hell aren't on that subreddit) - that if it is a difficult challenge, then failing at it should be seen as something that can just happen to people in the normal run, not as making the person involved somehow subhuman.

(Of course, this differs from seeing the kind of people who refer to women as "femoids" as subhuman, which is probably correct.)

hyphz fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Aug 16, 2017

Uncle Spriggly
Jan 29, 2009
https://youtu.be/L7y9yChV478

This song would be a good intro to an incel documentary

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Shanghaied posted:

But then again, I'm not in STEM.

So then why are you talking about academic success? :smuggo:

(Jk, I have a worthless humanities degree too)

Actually, I have a friend of a friend who fits this mold pretty well. Pretty smart guy, 6-figure salary in programming or something similar. He's not even that stereotypically nerdy when you see him: in reasonably good shape, clean, short hair and while he's hardly particularly fashionable his dress sense is at least inoffensive. Regardless, he's clueless with women to the point of saying to a mutual friend that he accepts that he'll die alone. As far as I know he's not even bitter about his life.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Benny Harvey posted:

Actually, I have a friend of a friend who fits this mold pretty well. Pretty smart guy, 6-figure salary in programming or something similar. He's not even that stereotypically nerdy when you see him: in reasonably good shape, clean, short hair and while he's hardly particularly fashionable his dress sense is at least inoffensive. Regardless, he's clueless with women to the point of saying to a mutual friend that he accepts that he'll die alone. As far as I know he's not even bitter about his life.

That's fine! If he's not a raging rear end in a top hat he's doing it right.

The most awkward guy I ever knew is married now. Turns out if you aren't a twisted ball of hate for self and others there's always a chance of meeting a lady compatible with your weirdness. And even if you don't there's a ton of other fun things to do in life, and not having a girlfriend means a lot of free time.

HazCat
May 4, 2009

hyphz posted:

Well, that ties into the one of the few claims made by legitimate incels (yes, they exist, they're both genders and they sure as hell aren't on that subreddit) - that if it is a difficult challenge, then failing at it should be seen as something that can just happen to people in the normal run, not as making the person involved somehow subhuman.

(Of course, this differs from seeing the kind of people who refer to women as "femoids" as subhuman, which is probably correct.)

No one thinks anyone is subhuman for not being able to have sex. Even the literal boogiemen who are arseholes about male virgins do not think about incels the way incels think about women. That is what it looks like to think someone is subhuman, and I challenge you to find any notable number of people anywhere who treat virgins like that.

It's a bunch of privileged men squalling about how bad they have it, with zero perspective of their actual placement in the real scheme of things.

These men sit around discussing how good it would feel to rape women and you want to tell me anyone anywhere puts them on that sort of level? That anyone sits around with their social group and talks about how they wish they could torture virgins, wish they could dehumanise them, wish they could murder them? Really?

Get some loving perspective. If you want to say "it sucks when people say mean things about male virgins", just loving say that.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

HazCat posted:

Get some loving perspective.

:goonsay:

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Keep it up, champ.

Unlockable Ben

HazCat posted:

Get some loving perspective. If you want to say "it sucks when people say mean things about male virgins", just loving say that.

You make a very good point. I guess my argument was more that looking down on male virgins is far more widespread and accepted by society. Obviously stupid opinions held by idiots on the lunatic fringe of the internet, that aren't accepted by society and thank God for that, don't really compare.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
kill all incels

it's the onyl way to be sure

HazCat
May 4, 2009

hyphz posted:

You make a very good point. I guess my argument was more that looking down on male virgins is far more widespread and accepted by society. Obviously stupid opinions held by idiots on the lunatic fringe of the internet, that aren't accepted by society and thank God for that, don't really compare.

People who poo poo on male virgins are arseholes.

But you know, even in the realm of "being shat on for their sexual activity", it's 2017 and women still have to deal with rape trials where the defence's argument basically boils down to "your honour, the so-called 'victim' in this case has had sex before, and we all know Stacies can't be raped".

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
no one even knows ur a virgin unless you tell them

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
R/incels is people, of their own volition, following that old e/n rule on darfur war orphans. And sincerely coming to the conclusion that their e/n problems are actually worse.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Benny Harvey posted:

Well poo poo that's almost me, except I don't know your friend and have long hair. Eventually you hit the age where you're too old to start or you know suspect the odds of finding someone are low enough (mainly from having a job that eats up time and you putting in minimal effort) that you live with it and find something else to do. Incels just use misogyny as that something else.

Like there's people who are bad at relationships, romantic or otherwise, who will spend the bulk of their lives alone, but they don't become incels without huge amounts of misogyny.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
most of these clowns don't even try. They just expect women to fall into their lives (but they don't even really have lives, they spend most of their time infront of computers)

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Keep it up, champ.

Unlockable Ben

chumbler posted:

Well poo poo that's almost me, except I don't know your friend and have long hair. Eventually you hit the age where you're too old to start or you know suspect the odds of finding someone are low enough (mainly from having a job that eats up time and you putting in minimal effort) that you live with it and find something else to do. Incels just use misogyny as that something else.

Like there's people who are bad at relationships, romantic or otherwise, who will spend the bulk of their lives alone, but they don't become incels without huge amounts of misogyny.

I doubt they're that old, because of all the claims about sex and "beta bux". Once you're old enough you realise that a relationship can be about just having reliably someone there to call 911 when you keel over. No one ever points out that by their screwed-up narratives, "betas" all have this and "Chad" doesn't.

As for not trying, that's the "don't try, just succeed in life" old saw..

green chicken feet
Nov 5, 2015

spray-paint the vegetables
dog food stalls
with the beefcake pantyhose
Grimey Drawer

ikanreed posted:

R/incels is people, of their own volition, following that old e/n rule on darfur war orphans. And sincerely coming to the conclusion that their e/n problems are actually worse.

Yeah, some of those war orphans are CHADS! If any of them has had sex even once, then by default their life is infinitely better and they can never know the truly worst pain in the world, the pain of being an incel!

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

To me there's a distinction between people who are unsuccessful in finding romantic partners and incels. The first group has my sympathy and I would try to help those people if I could (as a lot of the times there are things that they could actually work on) but the second group is a specific community with one of the most horrific agendas I've seen and this thread is about those guys.

Hobologist
May 4, 2007

We'll have one entire section labelled "for degenerates"

Palpek posted:

What I'm saying is that just because Chad makes it look effortless it doesn't mean it is especially when the observer is a some social outcast that misses 90% of what's actually going on.

Tell them it's like a From Software game. You don't get the full experience if you have too many spoilers going in.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Hobologist posted:

Tell them it's like a From Software game. You don't get the full experience if you have too many spoilers going in.

Also if all you can do is fat roll youll never win.

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

Barudak posted:

Also if all you can do is fat roll youll never win.
:eyepop:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Palpek posted:

A group of blind men heard that a strange creature had been brought to the town, but none were aware of what it was. Out of curiosity they went to inspect it. The first put out his hand and touched the leg and said "this is a gymcel", the second put his hand on its side and said "this is a fatcel", the third put his hand on the ear and said "this is a roastie", and the fourth put his hand on the elephant's trunk and began to cry, "oh great, another Chad".

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Ghostlight posted:

A group of blind men heard that a strange creature had been brought to the town, but none were aware of what it was. Out of curiosity they went to inspect it. The first put out his hand and touched the leg and said "this is a gymcel", the second put his hand on its side and said "this is a fatcel", the third put his hand on the ear and said "this is a roastie", and the fourth put his hand on the elephant's trunk and began to cry, "oh great, another Chad".

:vince:

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Ahahaha perfect

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Ghostlight posted:

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

green chicken feet posted:

Yeah, some of those war orphans are CHADS! If any of them has had sex even once, then by default their life is infinitely better and they can never know the truly worst pain in the world, the pain of being an incel!

Not quite. The chads live next door.

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Zzulu posted:

no one even knows ur a virgin unless you tell them

Strictly speaking yeah but regardless, people will look down on you in the same manner if you're romantically awkward, don't know how to approach in a bar or whatever.

But I do agree with hazcat that it's still a lot better than the way incels view women.

E: I was at a small house party a while back and a woman who was there launched into a spiel about how I should start doing something constructive youth my life which is fair enough I guess even if I didn't ask for her advice. Then out of nowhere she asked me how I expected to get a relationship if I didn't do anything with my life. Like wtf, I never even mentioned I was single. Maybe I just radiate desperation somehow.

Benny Harvey fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Aug 17, 2017

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

chumbler posted:

What an incredibly depressing outlook on life

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

There's nothing wrong with choosing to be alone, but you're never too old to start looking and there is something wrong with just giving up trying to build the life you want because it takes more than a minimal effort.

If anything, things get even easier as you get older as people become more settled into their life and are just happy to tick off a box that says "not a oval office to be around", to the point where if you live into your mid-80s you can just move into a retirement village and essentially pretend you're in an anime harem. The problem most men will run into though is you really do need to just stop being a oval office to be around.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Glenn Quebec posted:

I want to see a million man incel march.

If the pictures are correct, I would much rather see a million Chad march.

More flailing arms.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

BrigadierSensible posted:

More flailing arms.

No, their arms would all be around their neighbors' shoulders, in a show of welcoming camaraderie.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

chumbler posted:

No, their arms would all be around their neighbors' shoulders, in a show of welcoming camaraderie.

You sir/madam, are getting the pictures mixed up. That is when they piss.

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

You sir/madam, are getting the pictures mixed up. That is when they piss.

They can walk when they piss though.

noether
May 1, 2017

some kinda cutesy shoggoth

More flailing arms.

it'll look like they're QWOPing or something

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Benny Harvey posted:

They can walk when they piss though.

Won't they trip?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joylessdivision