Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Use "faction" dice with lovely colors that are impossible to read from more than a foot away

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Make sure some of your lovely faction dice have the faction icon on the 1 and others on the 6. Mix them. Combine this with the previous pass/fail switch up to make large dice rolls count for literally anything you need.

Cainer
May 8, 2008
Why bother rolling dice? Just gaslight your opponent into thinking you won.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Don't try to run before you can walk.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.
Physically consume your opponents models when their back is turned.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

a cock shaped fruit posted:

Physically consume your opponents models when their back is turned.

Wait you're the poop mini guy?

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Cainer posted:

Why bother rolling dice? Just gaslight your opponent into thinking you won.

Panascope alt account

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
If you don't play you can never lose :ssh:

Cainer
May 8, 2008

BULBASAUR posted:

Panascope alt account

I'm not sure who that is, I have a feeling... bad dude?

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Panascope is a bad enough dude to save the Emperor.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
He's a talented Black Library writer.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Pana "Warmaster" Scope

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.
He once cheated so hard, he put the Emperor in a 10,000 year coma.

Killer_Bees!
Dec 25, 2005

I, for one, welcome
our new insect overlords.
Buglord
I finished a thing ... he was getting game time with my 30k Admech but I feel he is dodgy enough to go renegade for my 40k Deathguard on occasion :cthulhu:

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat
So played the konor mission this week against a nidzilla-ish list at 75 power fully expecting to get crushed after i kind of put myself too far forwards in deployment.

Instead i'd all but tabled him at the end of round 2, fancy that.:toot:

My list was
  • Gravis Captain
  • Primaris Chaplain
  • 2x5 intercessors
  • Hellblasters
  • Primaris apothecary
  • 1x3 dakka aggressors
  • Redemptor
  • Contemptor
  • Repulsor
against
  • CC flyrant
  • Broodlord
  • 2 Tervigons
  • Old one eye
  • The red terror
  • 3x3 rippers
  • 10 gargoyles
  • 2x5(?) genestealers
Built my repulsor to be ludicrously shooty with las talon, twin las, stubber, pintle onslaught and 5x fragstorm launchers and I'm pretty satisfied with how it performed.

I only really did as well as i did because he was playing a borrowed army and not 100% on how to make it work, hence the stealers being 2 squads instead of a 10 strong for the extra attack, but besides that he wasted the genestealers and broodlords charge on murking one of my intercessor squads while old one eye and a tervigon murdered my aggressors, which i couldn't mind too much because this time around i was able to use their double shoot ability and get off a power fist charge in the same turn. After that i finished off one of the tervigons and both the squads of stealers with fire from the repulsor dreads and hellblasters then charged the lone broodlord with the chaplain and redemptor and killed it with the only wounding hit dealing 6 damage.

I was actually kind of disappointed since I was expecting to fight the local cheeselord and have to deal with stuff like celestine and a chaplain dreadnought with the armour indomitus(loving forgeworld rules writing) and a spartan but instead he was off having a sulk.

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

Cainer posted:

I'm not sure who that is, I have a feeling... bad dude?

You don't know who panascope is? Have you been living under a rock you autist?

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
That Nid list is terrible. OOE with no Carnifexes? Two Tervigons and no gaunts?

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.

TKIY posted:

It's definitely not a well put together list. Big monsters with no support is a great way to get wrecked.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

TTerrible posted:

Make sure some of your lovely faction dice have the faction icon on the 1 and others on the 6.
:what:

Is this an actual thing?

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Pierzak posted:

:what:

Is this an actual thing?

Not usually the same design, but the various manufacturers haven't standardised on it so its pretty maddening. Getting two that match your faction ( say an aquilla on one set and a chapter badge on the other) with different icon positioning is 100% possible.

The Sisko
Jan 9, 2009

"Whenever there's injustice, wrongs to be righted, innocents to be defended, The Sisko will be there, delivering ass-whooppings."
:siren: Cawl in dah houuuuuussse!!! :siren:

Sharks Dont Sleep
Mar 4, 2009

In pairing luxury automobiles with large predatory felines we have achieved reality ahead of schedule.
That is a very lovely Heretek Arch-Magos!

Are all your AdMech in white? Post more of them!

Luebbi
Jul 28, 2000

The Sisko posted:

:siren: Cawl in dah houuuuuussse!!! :siren:

That is excellent.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

TTerrible posted:

Not usually the same design, but the various manufacturers haven't standardised on it so its pretty maddening. Getting two that match your faction ( say an aquilla on one set and a chapter badge on the other) with different icon positioning is 100% possible.

My club wanted to get custom club dice made up and to 'stand out' some idiot suggested putting the club symbol on the 5 (it's a stylised V). They couldn't understand when a bunch of us protested.

E: wow that Cawl is excellent.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
How do people get that cracking effect with the texture paint? I finished up all my Skitarii and none of the bases showed any signs of it. Do I have to really slap it on there? Was the base not big enough?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

The Deleter posted:

How do people get that cracking effect with the texture paint? I finished up all my Skitarii and none of the bases showed any signs of it. Do I have to really slap it on there? Was the base not big enough?

Yeah, it's gotta be pretty thick. Like, significantly thicker than how you'd apply paint.

Texmo
Jun 12, 2002

'Time fer a waaagh from above!
man this micro sol stuff really is magic; amazing GW don't sell something like it. Thanks to everyone who recommended it!

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Yeah, it's gotta be pretty thick. Like, significantly thicker than how you'd apply paint.

Jeez, alright. I've been doing it thin cos I don't want to get it on my model's feet (and screwing that up anyway). Guess I better get good.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

TKIY posted:

Well yeah, I tabled him when most other games ive played have lead to my army being worn down to a few models. I advised him at the time to bring a poo poo tonne of gaunts since he was pulling units out of a box but he didnt go for it.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
8e nids really want you to run numbers. Gaunts, Genestealers, Carnifex. All cheap for what they do, easy to field in great numbers. I wouldn't make a list without first starting from a healthy core plenty of small bodies, and then adding big critters to taste.

Thanqol
Feb 15, 2012

because our character has the 'poet' trait, this update shall be told in the format of a rap battle.
Oh, are we posting Cawls?

Hey guys! I started painting for the first time ever two months ago - I've done some digital art but never worked with physical brushes or paints before. I absolutely ADORE it and have been having more fun than I've had with art for years. Warhammer owns, 8th ed owns, adeptus mechanicus owns, everything owns.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Blue AdMech is a cawl choice. I like it.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.

Killer_Bees! posted:

I finished a thing ... he was getting game time with my 30k Admech but I feel he is dodgy enough to go renegade for my 40k Deathguard on occasion :cthulhu:

Excellent green, really offsets the copper carapace. Good job!

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce

The Deleter posted:

If you put down a layer of PVA glue first the cracks also become much more dramatic.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

PantsOptional posted:

If you put down a layer of PVA glue first the cracks also become much more dramatic.

Interesting. I hadn't tried that, but making it thicker does wonders.

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man
Painting it over another texture works well too, thicker paint makes larger cracks.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

richyp posted:

Painting it over another texture works well too, thicker paint makes larger cracks.

I definitely got that effect when I painted something, hated it, and painted over it again. I might try to play with the effect a bit and make patches of big cracks.

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

Killer_Bees! posted:

Wow dude, this is super impressive and the copper/bronze is really nice. What's your recipe for that color?

Frobbe
Jan 19, 2007

Calm Down
These are too adorbs to go in the unspiration thread

Some comparisons

the polar opposites of bigmars, it's scruntmars!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Hemulen
Jan 25, 2003

Those are adorable!