Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
Oh wow, Colossus Smash Varian is really fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Wow, moonfire Malfurion is really fun.

Lunar Shower's real power is really not obvious. They need to add a "(this increases moonfire's DPS by 200%)" to the tooltip.

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

FORUMS NO.1 SLEEPY DAWGS MEMESTER

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

The worst heroic is absolutely Twin Blades of Fury and it's not even close

While I don't like twin blades either, a fried and I have been duo-queueing as twin blades and Johnana, and I just enable his dives. The amount of abuse you can take and the brazenness of moving to the enemy and forcing them to back off is hilarious.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Olaf The Stout posted:

While I don't like twin blades either, a fried and I have been duo-queueing as twin blades and Johnana, and I just enable his dives. The amount of abuse you can take and the brazenness of moving to the enemy and forcing them to back off is hilarious.

the problem is varians as the only warrior who go twin blades vs a team with a real tank, or stuns or blinds or roots, or really anything at all

that talent is so loving bad. my guess is of all heroics it has the biggest negative delta of victory

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

the problem is varians as the only warrior who go twin blades vs a team with a real tank, or stuns or blinds or roots, or really anything at all

that talent is so loving bad. my guess is of all heroics it has the biggest negative delta of victory

It's bad, but Void Prison to Shadow Assault is like 2 different games got mixed up.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Shadow Prison has it's uses.

BMing in pub games..

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
there was this racist piece of shit in your av so I fixed it
you're welcome
pay it forward~

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

Actually it has the highest, in both QM and HL, compared to Varian's other heroics, in at least Diamond and below. In organized PvP (TL), it is the lowest and Taunt is the highest. Pretty no one picks TB Var in TL because there are much better options.

The problem with most tanks in general in QM / disorganized PvP is that they are reliant on the rest of your team following through, and also healing you. Taunt doesn't do much if the rest of the team isn't there blowing up the taunted target. And Twin Blades is self-sufficient with Second Wind, which is very helpful in QM where you don't always have a healer.

In general, those who do best in QM are the ones who aren't reliant on cooperating. And even though HL is drafted, the lack of voice chat really hurts keeping everyone on the same page. So those that can contribute a lot of exp (like Xul, Probius) or can easily get kills without the rest of their team helping out (like Nova) or enemy team cooperating against (like Butcher) do very well. It's the same reason that even Colossus Smash isn't as effective as Twin Blades, lowering armor is great but only shines if the team is jumping on that target.

I will say that there is no reason to go Twin Blades Varian when Sonya exists though, which also gives you a higher chance of getting a real tank on your team since she is considered a Bruiser not a tank.

If I pick Varian in QM and get a team with no healer, I always go Twin Blades. If we have a healer and the other team are squishy assassins, I go Taunt.

Dire Human
Feb 1, 2013

AH-HA! That's right...

Who's laughing now?

Who's laughing now?

Is there a dedicated place to post half-baked hero concepts or should I do it right here on the floor

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Dire Human posted:

Is there a dedicated place to post half-baked hero concepts or should I do it right here on the floor

Reddit

T. Bombastus
Feb 18, 2013

beejay posted:

How would that work
They bumped the free rotation up to 14 heroes

Dire Human posted:

no we're almost out of posts don't waste one on that crap

jk just post that poo poo, even dumb concepts usually have a few interesting ideas

EdRush
Dec 13, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Dire Human posted:

hell put it up on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2gAhrbz_jQ

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I have been playing dotalikes since 2005 and playing them "seriously" since about 2009 (holy Christ that's so many years) and I have never seen a community contribution hero idea that I remotely cared about

Your best shot, and I say this genuinely and sincerely, is to post them on the official forums. At least there the official design team will actually see them and maybe draw some ideas from them

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

SKULL.GIF posted:

I have been playing dotalikes since 2005 and playing them "seriously" since about 2009 (holy Christ that's so many years) and I have never seen a community contribution hero idea that I remotely cared about

Try this on for size loser: Mimiron. 5 players one hero.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Everything Garrosh does feels like a wet noodle. If someone said morales had higher damage than he did, I might believe them.

He doesn't have the mobility or CC or Anub'Arak or anything, either.

EdRush
Dec 13, 2005

by R. Guyovich

SKULL.GIF posted:

Your best shot, and I say this genuinely and sincerely, is to post them on the official forums. At least there the official design team will actually see them and maybe draw some ideas from them

BLIZZ WHERE IS MY JANITOR LEORIC SKIN :argh:

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Also Li Li-dan.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

Cuntellectual posted:

Everything Garrosh does feels like a wet noodle. If someone said morales had higher damage than he did, I might believe them.

He doesn't have the mobility or CC or Anub'Arak or anything, either.
Well if Heroesfire is to be believed, he's among the top for warriors in terms of straight basic auto-attack damage, and Bloodthirst hits respectably hard. Sooooo I dunno.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

bio347 posted:

Well if Heroesfire is to be believed, he's among the top for warriors in terms of straight basic auto-attack damage, and Bloodthirst hits respectably hard. Sooooo I dunno.

Garrosh doesn't deal all that much damage mostly because his entire gimmick is throwing someone wildly out of position. If your team can't collapse on and kill the person you just threw, then they're hopeless.

On that note, throwing people wildly out of position is SO MUCH FUN.

Shadowlyger fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Aug 17, 2017

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
alright, so the hero is named Kloctus, right?

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Shadowlyger posted:

Garrosh doesn't deal all that much damage mostly because his entire gimmick is throwing someone wildly out of position. If your team can't collapse on and kill the person you just threw, then they're hopeless.

On that note, throwing people wildly out of position is SO MUCH FUN.

I feel like Stitches is better at that. :shrug:

Or Muradin with Haymaker.

It's weird that he just does so little damage, though.

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
there was this racist piece of shit in your av so I fixed it
you're welcome
pay it forward~
I do feel that Stitches is just a better Garrosh. Even their kits are similar if you think of Hook as an inverted throw. Devour/Bloodthirst, and Groundbreaker/Slam. Except Stitches has more effective health, and more damage.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
and a bikini

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
Bikini Stitches gives me nightmares.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

bikini garrosh when

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Garrosh is just a worse Diablo.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Alpha Mayo posted:

I do feel that Stitches is just a better Garrosh. Even their kits are similar if you think of Hook as an inverted throw. Devour/Bloodthirst, and Groundbreaker/Slam. Except Stitches has more effective health, and more damage.

Stitches requires skill to land the skillshot, though. You can also dodge the hook if you're far out and really quick on the reflexes. Garrosh you just need to be close enough that the person is the nearest target and bam, instant guaranteed throw.

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

Wave of Force isn't that useful other than to try to boop someone into your team or off the boss circle or mess up their skill shots or knock them away from your squishy/yourself.

Wave of Force with the level 20 upgrade is incredible and sends people all the way across the screen.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

MMAgCh posted:

Also Li Li-dan.

If it's not called Gul'Li (Ghoulie :v:) I'm gonna be very upset

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Spudd posted:

If it's not called Gul'Li (Ghoulie :v:) I'm gonna be very upset

Oops I assumed it was Li-Li but Illidan themed. "You were totally not prepared. :3:".

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Ok I used to hate muradin but I've come around a bit. He's like LiLi, feels terrible when your team is bad but when they aren't incompetent he's quite useful.

Still can't make sense of Tyrande or how some people manage to rack up so much damage with her. Is it just hunter's mark?

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

No Wave posted:

Ok I used to hate muradin but I've come around a bit. He's like LiLi, feels terrible when your team is bad but when they aren't incompetent he's quite useful.

Still can't make sense of Tyrande or how some people manage to rack up so much damage with her. Is it just hunter's mark?

The endlessly scaling damage boost quests on several of her talents. An ignored Tyrande is a deadly Tyrande. Her lunar flare can hit like a truck too if you're able to land them consistently with her level 1 talent.

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib
Man, stukov is a hoot to play. I have just enough gems to buy him as well... but maybe it's stupid to start by buying three support heroes?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

stukov seems incredibly fun

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

Stukov is game-breakingly good if you can reliably snipe a single enemy with his pustule for those good good 5 second entire team ancestrals.

Just do us all a favor, and if you're playing Stukov, make sure you actually use your AA when it's safe to do so, he's got the 3rd highest baseline dps in the game, and makes bringing bosses, celestials, garden terrors, grave golems and all that other poo poo down much quicker.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

The two stukov heroic choices is probably the most fun heroic choice in the game. You seriously have to weigh both options.

His level 20 talents are a disaster ofc.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Dietrich posted:

Stukov is game-breakingly good if you can reliably snipe a single enemy with his pustule for those good good 5 second entire team ancestrals.

Just do us all a favor, and if you're playing Stukov, make sure you actually use your AA when it's safe to do so, he's got the 3rd highest baseline dps in the game, and makes bringing bosses, celestials, garden terrors, grave golems and all that other poo poo down much quicker.

A game this week-
Me: Stukov, you will do more damage by auto-lock than channeling.
Stukov: I'm ranged.
Me: A pox upon your entire bloodline.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Stukov apparently has the 4th highest AA dps in the game (below Greymane, Baby D Va, and I think Alarak). Pretty nutty.

Trade Chat Troll
Jan 22, 2010
I lost a QM earlier this week because the Stukov that was with me and one other dps at a boss decided to channel the entire time rather than aa/heal. We died with the boss at 50 health :golfclap:

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I had my worst team mate ever recently in a stukov who wouldn't press D even after everyone explained it to him, repeatedly. He ended the 20 minute game with 25k healing.

I'm convinced stukov's winrate in bronze/silver/gold would rise if lurking arm was just deleted, so irritating seeing stukovs use that and not weighted pustule on a fleeing enemy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Filipino Freakout
Mar 20, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's pretty interesting looking at the numbers.

Stukov is just behind Tychus (who is #3) in AA DPS. Rehgar is tied for #9 with Kerrigan, ahead of Falstad. Morales does about 13% more than Uther. Probius is the worst, worse even than Slapathur (I suspected this but never bothered to check.) Garrosh is pretty middle of the road for the Bruiser tanks, almost the same as Varian and just below Leoric, all below Gazlowe.