Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

lol fixing that is my project. it'll be out soon©.

are you the reason why contacts in browser hangouts arent the same as google contacts

Raluek fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Aug 7, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

A Pinball Wizard posted:

what did they do?

I missed weekly call the other day b/c goo randomly changed the hangouts link that we've had for like a year into a meet link, and when I clicked on it goo was like "we can't be hosed to make this work in safari, please install chrome"

lol go gently caress yourself

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

Feisty-Cadaver posted:

I missed weekly call the other day b/c goo randomly changed the hangouts link that we've had for like a year into a meet link, and when I clicked on it goo was like "we can't be hosed to make this work in safari, please install chrome"

lol no you really missed a call cuz you cant be arsed to click a different browser? this poo poo takes like an extra 20 seconds for an average person and you just "sorry the hangouts link was broken" and still join

unless your "weekly call" is like 1 minute long

get hosed

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

Sniep posted:

lol no you really missed a call cuz you cant be arsed to click a different browser? this poo poo takes like an extra 20 seconds for an average person and you just "sorry the hangouts link was broken" and still join

get hosed

loooool

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

Sniep posted:

get hosed

why the gently caress would i have chrome installed on a mac

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
lmao if the first 15 mins of your meetings isnt just people trying and failing to join the bridge, joining other bridges, emailing new bridges to join, or adding a conference room when some attendees are literally 5000+ miles away

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Sniep posted:

godspeed but im getting p good at copy/pasting calendar links into safari at this point

(please fix this)

lol goon projects

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Sniep posted:

get hosed

harsh, when in fact it is everyone using teleconferencing projects that should get hosed

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Feisty-Cadaver posted:

:thunk:

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

Feisty-Cadaver posted:

it takes like less than a minute to install crhome then

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

lol this thread got pissy for no reason

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.
Chome on Mac is cancer

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Millstone posted:

Chome on Mac is cancer

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
i love hangouts for lacking a way to join scheduled meetings from within the app. this shouldn't be a problem but is because calendar still links to plus.google.com and google can't be arsed to fix the url handling, causing it to break if the default browser is anything other than mobile chome.

in non-conference app talk, Safari is cancer for having weird implementations of newer web standards that run into issues chome and firefox never encounter combined with subpar, poorly documented dev tools.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Feisty-Cadaver posted:

just use edge. why would you even have safari installed?

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

:allears:

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Raluek posted:

are you the reason why contacts in browser hangouts arent the same as google contacts

no as i said i'm working on bringing ff support back. also safari support was dropped in meet because we are going with a pure webrtc solution and apple doesn't give a poo poo about supporting web standards.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

no as i said i'm working on bringing ff support back. also safari support was dropped in meet because we are going with a pure webrtc solution and apple doesn't give a poo poo about supporting web standards.

last i checked it was still a draft

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Thanks Ants posted:

hangouts meet is good but it's annoying how integrating things like dial-in into it requires enterprise plans that google won't sell to smaller organisations, or subscribing to a third party service that is poo poo. it's one of the few g suite things that doesn't have apis that anyone can use.

yo i fixed this for u should be buyable by the end of the month

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

:woop:

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry
vendor sets a meeting with our linux based automation team, uses skype which has no linux client, insists on not using phone bridge because they want us to see their deck. meeting abandoned

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Trimson Grondag 3 posted:

vendor sets a meeting with our linux based automation team, uses skype which has no linux client, insists on not using phone bridge because they want us to see their deck. meeting abandoned

lol @ linux janitors willingly using linux on the desktop

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

Asymmetric POSTer posted:

just request a red hat vm from the vsphere cluster, what's the problem?

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

but skype has a linux client, do you mean skype4business?

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Tankakern posted:

but skype has a linux client, do you mean skype4business?

look in your earth

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
also a fun feature of canadian phone bridge services:

"Welcome to the meeting! Bienvenue à la réunion! Pour le français, faites le un, suivit du carré. For English, press nine, followed by pound."
*BEEP*
"Please enter your passcode, followed by pound."

...just loving accept the loving code on the first level you loving shitstain of a phone bridge

FrozenVent fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Aug 17, 2017

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry

Asymmetric POSTer posted:

you can't hire linux people without getting a few true believers

and yeah skype4business

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
Microsoft ♥️Linux

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

why dont you tell them to wine about it

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

lol nah s4b is hot garbage and it barely runs on windows

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
personally I love the cursor lagging behind the characters as you type

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

~Coxy posted:

Microsoft ♥️Linux
I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project. There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use.

Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called “Linux” distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.

Agile Vector posted:

lol nah s4b is hot garbage and it barely runs on windows

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Millstone posted:

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project. There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use.

Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called “Linux” distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

stfu nerd

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

don't quote stymie and don't quote stallman

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

Captain Foo posted:

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Captain Foo posted:

styman was right

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Millstone posted:

somebody is spray paiting their handle, ubuntu, around town and last time I saw it I thought of how I would get this quote into a stencil sprayed next to it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

every time you post i think its me on awful.app and im like 'wow i guess that was good advice'

• Locked thread