Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
oH. Nice. Time to keep my quartz for Golden Boy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
The writing feels like it's starting to get better, the storyline is actually enjoyable (although that might be just because they're going for light comedy rather than high drama).

Tired Moritz posted:

oH. Nice. Time to keep my quartz for Golden Boy.
I see you and I share an impossible dream.

Is Orion limited to the event gatcha or does she enter general rotation? I like her, she's goofy and weird.

edit: Fuckin' sweet a dude on my friendlist already has one of the good dango CEs.

Pierson fucked around with this message at 09:51 on Aug 17, 2017

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
People are saying that the 3* CE is dropping from the FP gacha, so if you want some extra bonuses, you can try your luck there.

Orion gets added to the regular gacha. She isn't a limited servant.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Well this makes my third Gold Archer. :psyduck:

Plus with a Event CE from a Summoning ticket I think Dango won't be that much a problem.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
This event's writing owns and I'm hopeful that what comes next is going to be as good.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
why the hell did she wassup as we're leaving? goddamn the french

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Pierson posted:

Is Orion limited to the event gatcha or does she enter general rotation? I like her, she's goofy and weird.

I believe she's added to the normal gatcha when Okeanos comes out.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
So Summer Mom seems pretty busted for a 4* Lancer.

A 1 turn star weight and crit damage boost (50% damage, 5 turn cooldown at max). A 3 turn, targetable Buster boost that also clears debuffs from the target (40%, 6 turn cooldown at max). Summer Charisma, but with a star gen boost that isn't restricted to males (30% stars, 5 turn cooldown at max). Her NP generates stars in addition to whatever pop out of the enemy. And then her rather high NP and star gen on her attacks.

Buster teams just got another member.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
dumpling drops by 100% is good, right?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Tired Moritz posted:

dumpling drops by 100% is good, right?

It doubles the base drop amount, so it's much more useful for the harder fights.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Freak Futanari posted:

Welcome to the George Gang

can't loving believe you went with this and not summer of george

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Trihugger posted:

Orion gets added to the regular gacha. She isn't a limited servant.

NRVNQSR posted:

I believe she's added to the normal gatcha when Okeanos comes out.
Alright good poo poo thanks guys, I'll hold off then because I'll probably get like four of her when rolling for Gil.

Also yeah if the writing from here on stays at least as good as this I'm reinvigorated for this dumb stupid anime game.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Word of advice for the event.

Beat George first because he can easily spam his Def up Skill and become invincible for multiple turns otherwise

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Decided to do a 10 pull in hope of maybe grabbing an event CE and got probably the best single pull I've ever done. Orion, Moony Jewel, two Moon Cell things, an extra Robin to get him up to NP5, and an extra Imaginary Element to limit break that to basically make a second Kaleidoscope.

Don't forget to set your dango-boosting CEs to your support servants!

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Pierson posted:

Alright good poo poo thanks guys, I'll hold off then because I'll probably get like four of her when rolling for Gil.

Also yeah if the writing from here on stays at least as good as this I'm reinvigorated for this dumb stupid anime game.

The comedy events are the best part of this dumb stupid anime game.

Look forward to being Santa's reindeer and Liz learning the meaning of nobility

E:I just realized Halloween had a more christmassy resolution than christmas itself.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Burned a couple of golden apples and my lvl70 EMIYA has his +3 dango CE. Cleared some friendslist slots if anyone needs him: 337,880,627

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Got Bath out of 10 roll and nothing else of note. Oh well.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Two 10-rolls got me 3 baths, a Steno, and Orion. I haven't played in earnest since the last event ended so I guess they're trying to drag me back in with giant anime tits.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Pierson posted:

Burned a couple of golden apples and my lvl70 EMIYA has his +3 dango CE. Cleared some friendslist slots if anyone needs him: 337,880,627

Noice. Send you a friend request with a mooncell Lancelot.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
Oh sparkly golden orbs on my first 10-roll, could I be this lucky? Turns out it was a second Waver. Which I greatly appreciate, but not what I'm looking for, game!

...it took more than half my quartz and all my tickets, but I got Orion, a Bath... and more Jewels than I know what to do with. Is a single Moon Bath CE worth using with Moony Jewels, or am I better off using nothing but Moony Jewels?

Ruby Prism fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Aug 17, 2017

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Two ten-rolls. First is jack poo poo. Second is like three(?!) moony jewels and... Artoria Altria? Sure whatever, I'll take it.

And the event is far more entertaining than Nero's. Having a hilariously dumb story to go along with it helps a lot, and the event CEs make the grinding relatively painless.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Did a 10 roll out of pure whim despite my general plan to save quartz. Didn't exactly get a load of stuff but I did get Altera, which is enough to justify it for me. Also got a Moony Jewel.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I got nothing. :smith:

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

MonsieurChoc posted:

I got nothing. :smith:
I consider this my karma for the Absolute Garbage I got during Gil's rateup.

Which means I'm going to be back at square 0 for when I actually need something coming up, probably.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
So I take it Orion is actually pretty decent?

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
Bah, the new update took away the ability to trade rare dangos for normals again, presumably until after the event. Sucks if you didn't get the CE yet.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

NRVNQSR posted:

Bah, the new update took away the ability to trade rare dangos for normals again, presumably until after the event. Sucks if you didn't get the CE yet.
Seems fairly odd thing to do to me. Was the initial run like that? It basically means those rares are dead weight outside of unlocking higher AP events, and that you have to get to 500 via normal drops.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Got gently caress all aside from a shitload of mooncells and getting Robin to NP5. I knew my luck was gonna be poo poo when the first thing to show up was the 40th Jing Ke.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

Seems fairly odd thing to do to me. Was the initial run like that? It basically means those rares are dead weight outside of unlocking higher AP events, and that you have to get to 500 via normal drops.

Yeah, that's how the initial run worked in JP; I think it was a mistake that they allowed it at first on NA.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Nate RFB posted:

You can trade'em for QP afterwards, which can be pretty useful. The conversion rates between event currencies are always terrible, don't bother with that.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!

NRVNQSR posted:

Yeah, that's how the initial run worked in JP; I think it was a mistake that they allowed it at first on NA.

Goddamnit, I had the chance to do it but thought they had just allowed it from the start for our version on purpose. Would have been 100 less dangos to farm.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Kyte posted:

You can trade'em for QP afterwards, which can be pretty useful. The conversion rates between event currencies are always terrible, don't bother with that.
So did the option not open up in the shop at all to get normals after the event? If they're only useful for unlocking battles and QP, then this event got a whole lot shittier because so far I've gotten way more rares than normals.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Sophism posted:

Goddamnit, I had the chance to do it but thought they had just allowed it from the start for our version on purpose. Would have been 100 less dangos to farm.

It's possible that it might open up again after beating the story missions, since that's how the rerun worked? That's probably still worth it if so, since it's only 30AP to beat those. I'm not going to be able to test that for a while, though.

Nate RFB posted:

So did the option not open up in the shop at all to get normals after the event?

It did, and we're definitely getting it at some point because the option's still in the shop - it's just "preparing" now rather than "available".

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Whip, ignore this.

Samba De Amigo
Jun 11, 2014
what the poo poo

:psyduck:

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Samba De Amigo posted:

what the poo poo

:psyduck:

I suspect that person is very sad that they failed to roll Orion.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

Dr Pepper posted:

Well this makes my third Gold Archer. :psyduck:

Plus with a Event CE from a Summoning ticket I think Dango won't be that much a problem.

How do you get so many servants in a single roll?

At most I get 5 and three of them are repeats (In this case Romulus and Boudica AGAIN I already have her NP maxed out jerks :argh: and a second Kiyohime.)

I got Ushi and Marie Antoinette finally though. Other than that it was all meh CEs (Projection and Verdant Sound are welcome, Azure Keys, two of them at that, are not)

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Sophism posted:

...it took more than half my quartz and all my tickets, but I got Orion, a Bath... and more Jewels than I know what to do with. Is a single Moon Bath CE worth using with Moony Jewels, or am I better off using nothing but Moony Jewels?
I could be wrong but I think the math works out to be mostly in favor of using the Jewels in the 5AP.

With two Moony Jewels and a shitload of Mooncells, I have about a +8 advantage at the moment with the 5AP which means around 24 dangos, minimum. So for six 5 AP runs that's 144 dangos.

Since the bath only affects the base amount it's only going to be useful on the harder battles, specifically the 30AP. I haven't run that yet but cirnopedia (why is it running so slow today?) seems to indicate that at most that's going to drop 8 per enemy, for 24 as a base. With the bath that's 48, with maybe 8-10 extra with a lot of Jewels or whatever. Basically maybe if you're charitable you might break 100 dangos? The main advantage in this situation is that you're hopefully getting some hearts to drop.

Little Abigail
Jul 21, 2011

College Slice

NRVNQSR posted:

Did you try scrolling to the bottom of the exchange list, because I'm trading them just fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Little Abigail posted:

Did you try scrolling to the bottom of the exchange list, because I'm trading them just fine.

Yep, they're greyed out and it says "preparing". Have you finished the story quests? If so that might be what unlocks it.

edit: In fact the description now says exactly that; great!