Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

:allears: Aw how cute it's playing in the....... oh............ ooohhhhhhhhh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Aww man, and hell bury it so someone might only realize their flour came with cat nuggets only after they get home.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Ahahah grooooosssss

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLt7RA4FSu8&t=76s

minato
Jun 7, 2004

cutty cain't hang, say 7-up.
Taco Defender
http://nypost.com/2017/08/16/court-worker-butt-dials-reporter-admits-he-barely-shows-up-for-166k-job/

quote:

A longtime spokesman for the state court system accidentally butt-dialed a Post reporter — yukking it up about how “I barely show up to work” while pocketing a $166,000-plus salary and boosting his taxpayer-funded pension.

After speaking by cellphone with the reporter about a planned exposé on his cushy schedule, David Bookstaver butt-dialed back, and unwittingly left a four-minute voicemail while chatting with at least two other people.

On the voicemail, Bookstaver admitted lying to The Post about how he spent his weekdays and confirmed the accounts of court-system sources who said he’s been working as few as two days a week.

‘Look, the bottom line is, I’ll suffer through a terribly embarrassing story and then go get my f–king pension and retire.’
“I spoke to [the reporter] on the record for awhile. I said, ‘I’m in a much less visible position; that doesn’t mean I’m not doing anything,’ ” Bookstaver said.

“But, frankly, look, the bottom line: the story’s true. I’m not doing anything. I barely show up to work and I’ve been caught.”

The remark promoted laughter, after which Bookstaver explained that he didn’t need to show up “because they took away all my responsibilities and left my pay.”

At one point, he lamented over having bragged about his ability to play hooky. “They left me alone and look, I have a big mouth. I told people I’m not doing much. I do take a lot of time off,” he said.

“I kind of asked for it. You know, if you have a big mouth, you know it catches up with you.”

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ultimate Shrek Fan posted:

yea but then you have to buy one of those flags. take one off of a nazi and burn that one.

Don't forget: to properly burn a flag you usually need some accelerant like lighter fluid, otherwise you'll look lame trying to slowly melt it.

Here's a Turkish nationalist burning a Kurdish flag and setting himself on fire

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Baronjutter posted:

Basements have nothing to do with earthquakes and everything to do with frost lines. A foundation for a house has to be below the frost line. If you live somewhere warm, like california, that might be just a few inches down. If you live somewhere with severe winters, that might be 7' down.

Also, having grown up in at least Southern California, and having been a state trained brushfire and flood fighter, the earth there tends to be rocky and dense as all hell. As such, I imagine it would get very expensive very quickly.

EDIT: Still agitated as hell about that Vice video and how much I want to introduce Caldwell to a particle cannon.

Samizdata has a new favorite as of 03:57 on Aug 17, 2017

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
This schadenfreude hasn't quite matured but is very close

http://globalnews.ca/news/3669279/investigation-into-proud-boys-incident-in-halifax-concluded-military-official/

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/LahartJack/status/897897698933710849

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

:perfect:

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
"And he disrespected the Wu-Tang Clan" is the best

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Sagebrush posted:

I was just standing around outside and the parking ticket tricycle scooter guy came by and gave this brodozer a ticket for blocking the sidewalk. (You can see it in the door handle)

The schadenfreude is of course on the guy who thought he could have a truck like that in San loving Francisco

Haha is that near Lakeshore high school/Lake Merced? I see plenty of those trucks around.

Koobes
Nov 6, 2012

Shaudenfreude Thread: And he disrespected the Wu-Tang Clan.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Honestly, though, if you'd been selected for jury duty that week, tell me you wouldn't have just said "NO YOUR HONOR I HAVE NEVER HEARD OF THIS MAN" with as straight a face as you could.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Besesoth posted:

Honestly, though, if you'd been selected for jury duty that week, tell me you wouldn't have just said "NO YOUR HONOR I HAVE NEVER HEARD OF THIS MAN" with as straight a face as you could.

I'd be lying my rear end off to get on that jury and convict.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
"I don't really read the news and I think every deserves a fair trial. Marvin Surly? Never heard of him."

:getin:

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

Memento posted:

"I don't really read the news and I think every deserves a fair trial. Marvin Surly? Never heard of him."

:getin:
congrats, you've just given the defense grounds to vacate.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Yeah I was thinking this earlier. I would be split between saying "he's a fuckwit" and getting out of jury duty easy, or sacrificing my time in order to do my duty to gently caress him over.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007
Wow. Cloudflare's even kicked The Daily Stormer to the curb!

https://blog.cloudflare.com/why-we-terminated-daily-stormer/

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Karate Bastard posted:

I have a suspicion this thread might be the best place to ask. Wtf is kekistan.

a country where the home row nub is the wrong loving place

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

"The only thing I'm impartial about is what prison this guy goes to."
:drat:

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Spectral Debt
Jan 23, 2004
9999 sucka
Those alt-right people really love their pepe

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Sorry but I just gotta ask. Is there any chance that this kekistan stuff is just comedy? I mean like fyad comedy?

E: or maybe lf comedy rather?

Karate Bastard has a new favorite as of 07:43 on Aug 17, 2017

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Karate Bastard posted:

Sorry but I just gotta ask. Is there any chance that this kekistan stuff is just comedy? I mean like fyad comedy?

If it's a joke/comedy, it's over the heads of the people who are un-ironically flying the flag at hate rallies.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Karate Bastard posted:

The true answer is that it doesn't matter. Real fascists are uniting under the flag, so whether it was born out of "ironic" racism and bigotry is beside the point. Also gently caress anyone who pulls that "I was only being [X] ironically" poo poo.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I guess the idea of having white power nazi chucklefucks rallying under the auspices of what one would expect them to perceive as a friend of the family towelhead brownskin mythos that's really spawned from a Korean lolpun of all things leaves me just ???????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????????.

It has all the hallmarks of an Anon invasion that got counterinvaded by something so stupid it didn't realize that it is now totally occupying a used jizzy clown suit, and now the main body of tards can't disown it for their stupidity because appeals to reason may just be what in the end will cause their entire hateful house of cards to topple over. It's pathetic, sad, hilarious, and horrifying.

How's my analysis?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Karate Bastard posted:

It has all the hallmarks of an Anon invasion that got counterinvaded by something so stupid it didn't realize that it is now totally occupying a used jizzy clown suit, and now the main body of tards can't disown it for their stupidity because appeals to reason may just be what in the end will cause their entire hateful house of cards to topple over. It's pathetic, sad, hilarious, and horrifying.

How's my analysis?

Basically yeah

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Karate Bastard posted:

a used jizzy clown suit

Nice new insult for the orange shitgibbon.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Pissgibbon.

SafetyTrain
Nov 26, 2012

Bringing a knife to a bear fight
More Nazi-freude!

Nazis in Sweden get beatdown by Pride goers

This is in swedish but for you non-swedish speakers:
Nazi group Nordic Resistance Movement attended the Pride parade in the town of Trelleborg too protest people being proud. They were surrounded and beat up by anti-fascists and others walking in the Pride parade.

The article asks one Pride-goer why he was laughing at the nazis getting their rear end handed to them
"Well, they think us gays are subhuman and then they come out and get surrounded and beaten up by gays"

På svenska:
"Nämen dom tycker ju vi bögar är undermänniskor och sen går dom ut och blir omringade och får bögstryk"

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Chinese iphone smugglers

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
the worst Kamen Rider knockoff suit, I tell you what

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Mu Zeta posted:

Chinese iphone smugglers

Guyver got lovely and expensive at the same time.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Chinese knock off iron man was only using the materials readily available.

Night Shade
Jan 13, 2013

Old School
https://github.com/Microsoft/vscode/issues/32405

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
No cloud backup? Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
As comical as that is, some good will come of it as there's now a discussion on the ambiguous wording of that dialogue he hit.