Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

tastefully arranged labia posted:

Getting a quarter chub here

only worthwhile to see how republicans vote

it does nothing to trump, just a nastygram

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

lol if paul ryan allows it to be introduced

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

My fever is acting up again

https://youtu.be/KsH8fCtwmRk

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

house dems are introducing a motion to censure

What does that mean

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Two Finger posted:

What does that mean

Nothing really.

If it actually gets traction (it won't) Trump would have to admit he was wrong. :lol:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Two Finger posted:

What does that mean

Nothing. A motion to censure is basically a notice to the President that the Legislative branch thinks he sucks.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

a censure is basically a bill that sends the president a letter saying you hosed up

nothing else

if it gets to the floor there needs to be 24 republican votes to pass

if they vote no they're supporting a nazi.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

He might be starting to realize that his pet monkey isn't signing everything put in front of him as hoped, and just became a poo poo flinging liability.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

BUT TAX REFORM

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Thwomp posted:

So much winning.

Fake edit: at time the story was published, it had 2.7 million likes. It's currently at 3.7 million.

The tweet in question:

https://twitter.com/BarackObama/status/896523232098078720

:wrong: 4 Million!

Victor Vermis posted:

We are the bread and
We are the circus.
Everybody is just
Here for the violence.

Agreeing with VV fffffffffffffff

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Censure Paul Ryan! Or better still, replace him with an american congresswoman.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

The people in Ryan's district are stupid enough that he'll probably be around forever. He get 65% of the vote last time.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
Not sure if this was already posted, but it's a pretty fantastic rebuttal of the whole BOTH SIDES BAD-nonsense:

https://twitter.com/make_ready/status/897899970501541888

:unsmith:

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Yeah but what about her emails???

Good job to anyone who stands up to those calling for ethnic cleansing and racial supremacy.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

LingcodKilla posted:

Yeah but what about her emails???

Good job to anyone who stands up to those calling for ethnic cleansing and racial supremacy.

But you're just brainwashed by the MSM! Both sides are bad and there are racists on both sides! George Washington owned slaves! More races than blacks were slaves! BLM was there and they are anti-white!

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

GoGoGadget posted:

But you're just brainwashed by the MSM! Both sides are bad and there are racists on both sides! George Washington owned slaves! More races than blacks were slaves! BLM was there and they are anti-white!

Actually, there wasn't even a Southern Strategy, nor was there a switch of Democrat and Republican ideals / party affiliation between the era of slavery and today. Democrats are the real racists, everything else is a myth.

Please find enclosed this video of makebelieve university "PragerU" by a black (former) professor at Vanderbilt:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiprVX4os2Y

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Actually, there wasn't even a Southern Strategy, nor was there a switch of Democrat and Republican ideals / party affiliation between the era of slavery and today. Democrats are the real racists, everything else is a myth.

Please find enclosed this video of makebelieve university "PragerU" by a black (former) professor at Vanderbilt:

Ahahaha, oh PragerU, what a joke.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

Duzzy Funlop posted:

My boss loving loves PragerU and can't tossing around stuff from it and Liberty University.

He's also the sort of guy that would casually use lugubrious in a sentence and expect everyone to understand it.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
This is how you don't start a two part tweet

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/898127175525728256

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
He tried to gaslight everyone earlier, now he's just making GBS threads on the senators he needs, for some reason.

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/898140656450908160

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

facialimpediment posted:

He tried to gaslight everyone earlier, now he's just making GBS threads on the senators he needs, for some reason.

"The Art of the Deal"

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Goddamn, it really is like the 'goon in a hole' analogy.

Except Trump's gonna love the piss.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

facialimpediment posted:

He's just dropping some sweet negs on them. They'll come around. If not, he'll just grab 'em by the caucus.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
Gore, But No Glory For Russia's Ukraine War 'Veterans'

quote:

MOSCOW/ST. PETERSBURG -- Russian volunteer Andrei Kamayev arrived in war-torn eastern Ukraine in late September 2014, bursting with patriotic bravado and convinced that he was following in the footsteps of his grandfather -- a Soviet intelligence officer in World War II -- by fighting against "fascists and Nazis."

Using terms propagated by the Kremlin to describe Ukrainian government forces fighting Russia-backed separatists, the 49-year-old Kamayev admits to other motives for joining up: he also wanted to help restore the "Russky Mir," or Russian World, and stave off the perceived encroachment of NATO.

But his dream of military glory came to a quick and devastating end on February 1, 2015. As Kamayev followed a convoy of tanks during an assault near the strategic town of Debaltseve -- then Ukrainian-controlled -- a mortar shell exploded beside him, shredding part of his left leg. He was evacuated to a nearby hospital, but without the proper medicine to treat him, gangrene set in and doctors were forced to amputate the rest of his leg up to his hip.

He was lucky to survive, unlike many fellow Russians who volunteered to fight in Ukraine. But back in his new home, St. Petersburg, Kamayev hobbles around the former imperial capital on crutches and struggles to get by.

He was surprised by the "chaos" he encountered, but was happy to be there and fought undeterred from the trenches for months. For his efforts he says he received only a onetime payment of 15,000 rubles, about $250, for fighting in October 2014. (Other fighters said they received nothing, or amounts far less than that.) He recalls there being no proper command structure, and the way he describes the infantry's role it sounds like volunteers were merely used as artillery fodder. Their sole purpose, he explains, was to grind down their enemy, hold their ground at all costs, and, if possible, to gain some. His unit of 10 men fought in two-hour shifts, allowing them some time to rest.

"You learn to find happiness in the little things," he says of his time at the front. "You're happy that you survived, you're happy that you ate...and got some sleep."

But happiness was a passing feeling. Three out of the 10 men he fought alongside returned home in coffins, while another five, including him, suffered serious injuries. Only two came home physically unscathed. Kamayev and Shchinkorenko say those grim casualty figures are generally in line with the thousands of volunteers who fought in eastern Ukraine.

Can't really find any sympathy for these assholes, so I'll just say :lol: instead. What the gently caress were they expecting?

Knives Amilli
Sep 26, 2014

Terrifying Effigies posted:

There's already a Fort McPherson...in Atlanta.

Edit - personally I'd switch Bragg to Burnside to exchange one side's gently caress-up general for another.

I think macpherson got brac'ced several years ago.

Apparently according to wiki tyler perry has bought it lol

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Missionary Positron posted:

Can't really find any sympathy for these assholes, so I'll just say :lol: instead. What the gently caress were they expecting?

gip.txt

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Saucy magazine covers.

https://twitter.com/ComfortablySmug/status/898153785389928448

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Missionary Positron posted:

Gore, But No Glory For Russia's Ukraine War 'Veterans'

Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori.

Same bullshit they always tell people, though lol a 49-year old man falling for that.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Zeroisanumber posted:

Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori.

Same bullshit they always tell people, though lol a 49-year old man falling for that.

The alternative was depression and vodka. This way, they get a sense of purpose and vodka.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

At least we now know how Trump is going to reorganize the VA.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
hi i am donald trump and i have no idea when to shut up

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump...r%3D6137%23pti7

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
This era is going to be like the Egyptian era with King Tut and his dad: a weird detour that everyone will quickly erase from memory by burying it all in a golden tomb in the middle of nowhere, forgotten about for thousands of years.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
i feel like i can accurately guess when he is taking a morning poo poo

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Thwomp posted:

This era is going to be like the Egyptian era with King Tut and his dad: a weird detour that everyone will quickly erase from memory by burying it all in a golden tomb in the middle of nowhere, forgotten about for thousands of years.

Poor Tut. Kid was lame(literally) as gently caress, and so inbred that his kids (with his half-sister) were all stillborn. But after Akenaten died Tut was at least like "Ok that whole sun disk god Aten thing hasn't really worked out, let's re-open all the temples and let the priests back in"

And the priest class were STILL so pissed off after he died that they tried to erase mention of Akenaten AND Tut from the list of Kings. Thanks, Horemheb for a campaign of damnatio memoriae!

Dwanyelle
Jan 13, 2008

ISRAEL DOESN'T HAVE CIVILIANS THEY'RE ALL VALID TARGETS
I'm a huge dickbag ignore me

Terrifying Effigies posted:

There's already a Fort McPherson...in Atlanta.

Edit - personally I'd switch Bragg to Burnside to exchange one side's gently caress-up general for another.

Yeah, but it's closing down, so the name is opening up again.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Trump just went full retard on Twitter

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/898169407213645824

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

He really doesn't know how to control his inhibitions does he?

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

I feel like he could have condensed that down to 14 words.
:thunk:

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

CommieGIR posted:

He really doesn't know how to control his inhibitions does he?

He doesn't HAVE any inhibitions.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Casimir Radon posted:

He might be starting to realize that his pet monkey isn't signing everything put in front of him as hoped, and just became a poo poo flinging liability.

This is exactly what I'm hoping for, because it's one of the only ways he doesn't get reelected.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

McConnell will crack before Ryan. Ryan is a typical college Republican who can't separate reality from his Randian fantasy of slashing taxes for the wealthy. McConnell is a much more strategic thinker, and also has a much slimmer majority to work with. At this point, I think he realizes that the democrats are easier to work with than Trump.

• Locked thread