Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Gonna be hearing a lot of this in the near future.

https://twitter.com/jowrotethis/status/897973445291417600

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Lee was never playable in Civilization last I checked.

Well, maybe the Civil War scenario in V?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Inescapable Duck posted:

Lee was never playable in Civilization last I checked.

Well, maybe the Civil War scenario in V?

The CSA never wins in Victoria 2.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Donald Trump just explicitly sided with the Alt Right.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

my grandfather killed literal nazis in the 1940s but then he voted republican for the rest of his life, I wonder if he'd qualify has an antifa.

is he willing to punch nazis now? he'd absolutely qualify if so. or are you one of those losers who think the alt-right aren't nazis?

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Donald Trump just explicitly sided with the Alt Right.

He knows he can count on racist whites in gerrymandered districts and only needs two states and 10,000 whites to hold on for eight years. He's doubling down on his base.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

some of those apply to hillary too. well one of them at least

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Al-Saqr posted:

He knows he can count on racist whites in gerrymandered districts and only needs two states and 10,000 whites to hold on for eight years. He's doubling down on his base.

There's always a chance that Democrats could run a left winger and increase their voter b-AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Al! posted:

some of those apply to hillary too. well one of them at least

Lock her statue up.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

oh good a "free speech rally" got itself unbanned in Boston. im sure this will end well

http://www.wbur.org/news/2017/08/16/medlar-free-speech-boston-rally

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
:omarcomin:

ptkfvk
Apr 30, 2013

i never noticed the "both saved america" part.

how did lee even do that?

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

didnt know tradcats used twitter. learn something everyday!

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

quote:

Medlar said the rally is meant to be peaceful and productive.

"What we want to do is to try to get the left and the right to exchange words instead of fists again," he said.

We're way past the time for words.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Zikan posted:

oh good a "free speech rally" got itself unbanned in Boston. im sure this will end well

http://www.wbur.org/news/2017/08/16/medlar-free-speech-boston-rally

In a phone interview with WBUR's Newscast Unit on Wednesday morning, Medlar said his coalition is concerned about what he called radical fringe groups from both the left and right. And he said canceling his group's rally now would be unsafe.

lol centrists really are rushing into the collaborator role headlong huh

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

how did lee save america? pretty sure he was part of the rebels trying to divide it.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

ptkfvk posted:

he lost

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

ptkfvk posted:

Lee could have carried on a guerilla campaign against Union occupation, but made it clear that it was time to call it quits. In that case, Lee "saved" America in the same sense that Grand Admiral Doenitz saved Germany.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Al! posted:

In a phone interview with WBUR's Newscast Unit on Wednesday morning, Medlar said his coalition is concerned about what he called radical fringe groups from both the left and right. And he said canceling his group's rally now would be unsafe.

lol centrists really are rushing into the collaborator role headlong huh

like half of his speakers are from the unite the right rally in Charlottesville, he's trying to bullshit the fact it's an alt-light/right rally

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
REPLACE ALL CONFEDERATE STATUES WITH JOHN BROWN, NAT TURNER AND HARRIET TUBMAN STATUES

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Darkman Fanpage posted:

... NAT TURNER.... STATUES

:vince:

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

ptkfvk posted:

according to the email it's by heroically surrendering rather than leading guerrilla fighters
which, jesus

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Darkman Fanpage posted:

REPLACE ALL CONFEDERATE STATUES WITH JOHN BROWN, NAT TURNER AND HARRIET TUBMAN STATUES

JUST MAKE A BIGGER HARRIET TUBMAN STATUE AND HAVE HER FARTING ON THE ORIGINAL STATUE

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
What would the Heritage not Hate types do if some of the generic Unknown Soldier statues were simply relabeled as something like "In Memory of Lost Sons Of [state] Who Fell Victim To The Arrogance Of Those Responsible For Southern Aggression"

steinrokkan has issued a correction as of 15:15 on Aug 17, 2017

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
'The grave of useful idiots & bootlickers, who died fighting for evil, in the war of southern aggression.'

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Relevant Tangent posted:

according to the email it's by heroically surrendering rather than leading guerrilla fighters
which, jesus

by that logic the nazis were also good

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

rudatron posted:

'The grave of useful idiots & bootlickers, who died fighting for evil, in the war of southern aggression.'

Chefok.jaypeegee

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
any thoughts on how this poo poo in boston is gonna play out? i guess any outcome other than a literal massacre is good cause thats where were at

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

rudatron posted:

The plaque should just say " and nothing of value was lost"

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

"readymade latrine trench"

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

Well, I guess Trump successfully reframed the debate. It's now no longer about white supremacists. It's about vandals removing our beautiful statues :rolleyes:

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
once you take down a statue you can't replace it with another. you just can't. laws of physics. einstein explained this.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Darkman Fanpage posted:

didnt know tradcats used twitter. learn something everyday!

https://twitter.com/erlosungen

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

FuzzySkinner posted:

Got curious if Ohio had anything of note

http://www.cleveland19.com/story/36129021/confederate-civil-war-memorials-remain-standing-in-ohio

The Lee plaque should come down. Not sure how you deal with Confederate Veterans burial sites though.

I'm king of surprised at how few confederate monuments there are in Ohio and doubly surprised that almost all of them (only excepetion is the graveyard in Columbus) seem to be waaaayyyy the gently caress out in the middle of nowhere. Johnson Island for example is a tiny little 300 acre island in a particularly desolate stretch of Lake Erie coastline, it probably sees about a couple hundred tourists a year. Dover is a tiny "city" (being real generous here) of less than 13k people. The Robert E Lee plaque (which the city just announced they are going to take down as of 6pm last night) is described thusly:

quote:

If you blink while driving south on Dixie Highway just outside of Franklin, you might miss one of a handful of markers honoring the Confederacy.

The marker is on a rock at the corner of Hamilton Middletown Road and Dixie Highway on a city-owned easement across from Woodhill Cemetery.

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Darkman Fanpage posted:

That still doesn't deal with the original sin of vulgarly representing the human form through artistic expression. That is the real problem here.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
They're sending their best:

https://twitter.com/shaunking/status/898198669031288833

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

cargo cult posted:

any thoughts on how this poo poo in boston is gonna play out? i guess any outcome other than a literal massacre is good cause thats where were at

Boston is racist, but not really Nazi racist. plus I'm sure a lotta southie sullys are looking for some nerds to beat up at any given time

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

shiksa posted:

Boston is racist, but not really Nazi racist. plus I'm sure a lotta southie sullys are looking for some nerds to beat up at any given time

my guess is that the bpd will do everything in its power to keep the groups completely cordoned off and after the demonstration is over will move in to beat up a couple of counterprotesters but ultimately not that much violence.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

cargo cult posted:

MA has zero CHL reciprocity so very few to none of the chucklefuck road crew are going to be able to go strapped and I'm assuming that after CVille they're going to be outnumbered 10 to 1. Maybe dude is hoping the get literally torn to shreds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
if anyone is looking for a nice definition of alt lite
https://twitter.com/dril/status/898206546492100609