Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

If it was just the one side of his face we saw it would at least be excusable as Superman growing some lovely teenager facial hair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Good Superman, you look kind of cool

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Look, Lois was hogging the mirror that morning and he was in a rush shaving... give the man some slack.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Gaz-L posted:

Look, Lois was hogging the mirror that morning and he was in a rush shaving... give the man some slack.
Does Supes still have to shave by bouncing his heat vision off a shiny shard of the rocket that carried him to earth and incinerating each follicle individually, like he did in the Byrne run?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

FMguru posted:

Does Supes still have to shave by bouncing his heat vision off a shiny shard of the rocket that carried him to earth and incinerating each follicle individually, like he did in the Byrne run?

Now he has tactile telekinesis so that anything he holds will keep its structural integrity while he's lifting it or holding it up, whether it's a cruise liner or the blades of a razor.

Actually that's not true, but hey, why not. Could also just give him a superpower to control his own facial hair. "Hm, Clark Kent could never be Superman. One minute Clark has a handlebar moustache and the next Superman is clean shaven, then Clark shows back up again with his rockin' `stache."

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

FMguru posted:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

You know that it's easier for Karen to shave her legs that way than for Clark (or her, to be fair) to do the face, right?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Gaz-L posted:

You know that it's easier for Karen to shave her legs that way than for Clark (or her, to be fair) to do the face, right?

Until she slips up and suddenly there's two burned holes in her downstairs neighbor.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Push El Burrito posted:

Until she slips up and suddenly there's two burned holes in her downstairs neighbor.

Upstairs, surely?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

"Her downstairs neighbour" is a good euphemism for another place she might have trouble shaving.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Is everyone really distracted enough by chin shading to miss the lazy eye?

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Teenage Fansub posted:

No, I caught that first. :( Guess I'm just too used to bad artists putting unnecessary shading/definition lines where they ain't oughtta be, I didn't even register that as stubble.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Teenage Fansub posted:

No, I just wasn't sure which one is the lazy eye. Depends on where he's looking!

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I'm more interested if kryptonians actually get tooth decay. I guess she could brush her teeth so she doesn't have bad breath and yellow teeth?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Monaghan posted:

I'm more interested if kryptonians actually get tooth decay. I guess she could brush her teeth so she doesn't have bad breath and yellow teeth?

Superman has a statue. Would stand to reason he gets plaque.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Lobok posted:

Oh my goddddddddddddd

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
They should give Superman a lazy eye when he comes back in the Justice League movie. Even better if none of the characters comment on it.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Gaunab posted:

They should give Superman a lazy eye when he comes back in the Justice League movie. Even better if none of the characters comment on it.

Krypton Eye For The Super Guy

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lobok posted:

You're a monster

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Monaghan posted:

I doubt they'd get tooth decay under the effects of Earth's yellow sun but they wouldn't want to have chum bucket breath. Kryptonian hair remains invulnerable even after it falls off Superman's dome, right?

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

Ygolonac posted:

Obligatory Greg Land panel

(Ultimate Fantastic Four #2)8

I can't find the original source, but someone posted this Marvel Legacy preview on Twitter.

Notice what they used to represent the talents of Greg Land.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That panel of Ben and Johnny just makes me so annoyed. I want my goddamned heroes back!

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

The only panel on there that matters is Ribic drawing Arishem's thumb.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
Ed McGuinness sticking with his hard-boiled crime theme there.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Rochallor posted:

I can't find the original source, but someone posted this Marvel Legacy preview on Twitter.

Notice what they used to represent the talents of Greg Land.

Not only can he take it but he can also dish it out!

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

X-O posted:

The only panel on there that matters is Ribic drawing Arishem's thumb.

Best thumb in comics right there.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

What do you guys think of David Mack? Personally, I'm not a fan of collage work but I think he's great on covers. Love his use of watercolors here. Not so much on interiors, the Echo issues of the Bendis/Mack DD run were a chore to read.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I love his work and have a print of his hanging on my wall.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

I loved the Daredevil echo issues. The two dogs thing with wolverine was an old story but very well implemented I thought.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

https://www.instagram.com/p/BYHjI-xBJ-i/?taken-by=robliefeld

Wolverine modeled from John Byrne by a 15 year old Robbie Liefeld :)

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Ah it set in early.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Teenage Fansub posted:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BYHjI-xBJ-i/?taken-by=robliefeld

Wolverine modeled from John Byrne by a 15 year old Robbie Liefeld :)

I notice that he's already got his Cool Artist Signature down pat.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

That's the first thing every teen artist does.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Was huge into the image guys when I was in middle school, can definitely confirm you work on the signature first.

Once you learn to draw a decent scroll with like, aging details, little rips and holes, you can just write your name on that.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

purple death ray posted:

Was huge into the image guys when I was in middle school, can definitely confirm you work on the signature first.

Once you learn to draw a decent scroll with like, aging details, little rips and holes, you can just write your name on that.

Haha, ridiculous. Who would ever do such a thing...
:ninja::sweatdrop:

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

purple death ray posted:

I immediately thought of The Darkness. Had a friend who was obsessed with all the goblins and guns.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I'm Jack Kirby and I'm tired of these jokes about my giant hands. The first such incident occurred in 1956

(Today's his 100th birthday)

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Giant hands are a +4 in Nazi punching.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Kirby's not usually a guy to re-use panels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

This interesting, I'm always looking for ways to improve my critical eye and through chance I stumbled on this dude's youtube channel about Magic: The Gathering

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqz-MyUAdV8

I never played MTG growing up (due to Satanism) but I always enjoyed looking through peoples' sets because the art is so cool. This series on his channel goes through some of the game's more prolific artists and discusses style and technique. Many of these guys draw comics too.