Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Foo Diddley posted:

So of course you repost the messed-up one instead of the corrected one Gorf put up after our nitpicking :cripes:

No take backs, man :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

SC_White_Knight, still too chickenshit to take me up on my invitation to come post in /r/starcitizen_refunds or here lol

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

How come Derek never credits the people who create all his content? It's a pretty lovely thing to do tbqh

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer

big nipples big life posted:

How come Derek never credits the people who create all his content? It's a pretty lovely thing to do tbqh

He's gonna dox you if you keep calling him out like this

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/RobertsSpaceInd/status/898201580452941824

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

I somewhat feel like Derek Smart's participation here has stopped being amusing
The noise is getting tiresome, and I say that as a completely useless whitenoise poster

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Hahaha are they really reminding people that they haven't delivered on this poo poo yet?

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

E: stupid post deleted

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

And how did you react when you saw the same footage passed off as new a year later?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Variable 5 posted:

He's gonna dox you if you keep calling him out like this

I'll go ahead and warn my dad about the call.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

put the pinocchio back :colbert:

:colbert:

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

So pineapple pizza is the ELE...I knew it all along!

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Paramemetic posted:

Elite's biggest, most critical flaw is not letting players interact in any way except to shoot one another, more or less. If Elite implemented the ability to trade money, goods, or ships directly from player to player, or even indirectly somehow, in a way that wasn't "dump cargo and scoop it up," it would change the game in huge ways and would stop being such a boring snoozefest.

This is where Star Citizen excels! You can serve drinks to other peoples, and you can report news to them! Such joys and diverse experiences are to be had in this most marvelous of galaxy-faring programmed simulacra.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

I know what's going to happen

They will show off just enough cool new footage to bring backer faith to an all time high

They may even let a few people play whatever 3.0 consists of now

It's painful because it just extends their license to shill for another year

Of course it won't be released for public consumption until Christmas or after , but the flashy pre rendered video presentation will be a success again .... sigh

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Variable 5 posted:

At least you gave proper credit to its creator

Nah. Derek knows I don't care. It was like a 30 second photoshop gag, so hastily done it needed multiple corrections. Kill me the day I start trying to chase down throwaway jokes on the internet. "I wrote that!!"

You know what does hurt, though? My Swofford follow-up joke took 5 whole minutes... but nobody laughed.

But I did. :sadpeanut:

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Sappo569 posted:

They will show off just enough cool new footage to bring backer faith to an all time high

Of course it won't be released for public consumption until Christmas or after , but the flashy pre rendered video presentation will be a success again .... sigh

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Foo Diddley posted:

So of course you repost the messed-up one instead of the corrected one Gorf put up after our nitpicking :cripes:

Botched at the inside joke stage and the outside Troll stage.

LOL we suck at this!

Foo Diddley posted:

Hahaha are they really reminding people that they haven't delivered on this poo poo yet?

When it comes to Star Citizen, the trolls and satirists are in a heart-pounding sprint just to stay ahead of the self-parodists.

G0RF fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Aug 17, 2017

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.

Someone add "by Ryan Archer" please.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

G0RF posted:

Nah. Derek knows I don't care. It was like a 30 second photoshop gag, so hastily done it needed multiple corrections. Kill me the day I start trying to chase down throwaway jokes on the internet. "I wrote that!!"

You know what does hurt, though? My Swofford follow-up joke took 5 whole minutes... but nobody laughed.

I did, but I did not post.

Please consider :justpost:ing people, it helps those in need.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Mr Fronts posted:

Someone add "by Ryan Archer" please.

Ok.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

G0RF posted:

Botched at the inside joke stage and the outside Troll stage.

LOL we suck at this!

Good thing CIG spends so much time and money making themselves look bad, because we'd never manage it on our own

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Also this

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

Sandweed posted:

Red text the fash.

I didn't go with red text, I went with this

Edit: Just read Beet Wagon's post. I'm just shooting the poo poo, I'm not trying to cause a derail from the topic.

Mr.Tophat fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Aug 17, 2017

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Jobbo_Fett posted:

I may not say it, but I appreciate posts made by these people:
peter gabriel
G0RF
Derek Sm-I mean, Beet Wagon
Beer4TheBeerGod
people who explained IT and game development concepts

You made this thread a worthy read, thank you

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Jobbo_Fett posted:

:thumbsup:

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer

G0RF posted:

I've brought it up before and you've said the same thing before. But am I misremembering where Derek got all butt hurt on twitter because someone on Reddit linked something without giving credit and turns out he just didn't see it or something?

Dude is a massive hypocrite, is my point.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

MoMA, you can't post in the thread anymore

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Variable 5 posted:

I've brought it up before and you've said the same thing before. But am I misremembering where Derek got all butt hurt on twitter because someone on Reddit linked something without giving credit and turns out he just didn't see it or something?

Dude is a massive hypocrite, is my point.

Yes, exactly this. Derek cries day and night when someone calls something "BUT IT WAS MEEEEEEEEE :reddit:" and then does the exact same thing to everyone else.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Also, I'm glad I'm dead after attempting the Lesnick Triple Threat Challenge. I'd call my parents but cellphone reception is poo poo in hell.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Also, I'm glad I'm dead after attempting the Lesnick Triple Threat Challenge. I'd call my parents but cellphone reception is poo poo in hell.

You gotta wait until your parents break out the ouija board to communicate with them, they should have covered that in orientation

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Sappo569 posted:

Serious question: If the star citizen fans and believers feel fulfilled during this entire process, doesn't the communal star citizen open development experience have intrinsic value?

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Yes, exactly this. Derek cries day and night when someone calls something "BUT IT WAS MEEEEEEEEE :reddit:" and then does the exact same thing to everyone else.

imo, Derek is the icing on the cake of this whole CIG shitshow. I don't think it would be as funny as it is without him constantly loving up while stealing goon valor and following it up with a puppetmaster-tweet.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Mr.Tophat posted:

You gotta wait until your parents break out the ouija board to communicate with them, they should have covered that in orientation

:angel:

:smith:

xXAdmiralBekHarXx
Jul 11, 2017

by zen death robot

Jobbo_Fett posted:

I legit tried the lesnick challenge because I was drunk and wanted to see how far I'd get. I actually managed to consume the pizzas and then promptly collapsed.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

Mr.Tophat posted:

My orientation didn't cover that at all.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

tuo posted:

imo, Derek is the icing on the cake of this whole CIG shitshow. I don't think it would be as funny as it is without him constantly loving up while stealing goon valor and following it up with a puppetmaster-tweet.

The funniest thing is Derek loves his double-inverse. Its like dumb Xbox thing years ago

"Q: Why do they call it the Xbox 360?
A: Because when you see it, you turn 360 degrees and walk away."

Good job, Derek, you've double negatived.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Mr.Tophat posted:

Edit: Just read Beet Wagon's post. I'm just shooting the poo poo, I'm not trying to cause a derail from the topic.

It's okay friend, I also find all this stuff addictively funny/horrible, but putting the kibosh on politics chat is the easiest/best way to keep the subforum from devolving into an even bigger shitshow than it already is lol.

Let's stick to high-brow topics like wondering exactly how fat ben is or what the best way to own a wheelchair kid is.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

xXAdmiralBekHarXx posted:

I legit tried the lesnick challenge because I was drunk and wanted to see how far I'd get. I actually managed to consume the pizzas and then promptly collapsed.

:same: Except it was my will to live that did so.

xXAdmiralBekHarXx
Jul 11, 2017

by zen death robot

Beet Wagon posted:

It's okay friend, I also find all this stuff addictively funny/horrible, but putting the kibosh on politics chat is the easiest/best way to keep the subforum from devolving into an even bigger shitshow than it already is lol.

Let's stick to high-brow topics like wondering exactly how fat ben is or what the best way to own a wheelchair kid is.

We need to stick to the high road like getting borderline autistic people in a podcast stream to earnestly answer stupid questions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Beet Wagon posted:

Ben is the anchor of our comedy, in that we go overboard and sink to the bottom really loving quickly.