Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
How likely is it to get dvc reservations at the poly w/ the 11 month window?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
I was able to get a spot to watch Rivers of Light in the Asia viewing area. Is this any good? We've never seen RoL before.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

I shouldn't need to worry about this multiple-month-out dinner reservation thing if I plan to only eat quick service..... right?

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

Funkmaster General posted:

I shouldn't need to worry about this multiple-month-out dinner reservation thing if I plan to only eat quick service..... right?

Correct. Even better for you, a lot of quick services are rolling out ordering via the app so you can order your food in advance.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

Dren posted:

I assume as long as it's not on a major holiday, not too difficult. I think they only guarantee 65% of the DVC villas during major holidays for members

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Reinanigans posted:

I was able to get a spot to watch Rivers of Light in the Asia viewing area. Is this any good? We've never seen RoL before.

I like it. It's not as "exciting" as the other night spectaculars because it has no fireworks but the music is great and the effects are really cool.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Dren posted:

You shouldn't have a problem at all with Poly at the 11 month mark. Generally most folks get what they want with their home resort advantage. There are a couple exceptions like the Value studios at AKL (people are insane about these) and some other standard view rooms at other resorts, but Poly shouldn't be a problem. Poly does fill up pretty quick at the 7 month mark, just like all the monorail resorts do.

I would be shocked if you didn't get exactly what you wanted though.

We're planning a trip Thanksgiving 2018, and I need a 2BD and a studio at BLT for our family that week. I might not get standard view, but lake view shouldn't be a problem.

skipdogg fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Aug 13, 2017

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
How do I view my AP photopass photos online?

I can only see them in the MDE app :-/

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

BlueBayou posted:

How do I view my AP photopass photos online?

I can only see them in the MDE app :-/

I've always just logged onto https://mydisneyphotopass.disney.go.com and they are there. The site isn't amazing though, hard to sort through and download specific trips worth of stuff.

Old Man Pants
Nov 22, 2010

Strippers are people too!

Hitting up universal today and tomorrow! I'm so excited to be back!

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Universal is fun. I wanna lose weight and be able to go on forbidden journey and geingotta again tho :qq:

River adventure and hulk still fun

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Just closed on our DVC purchase. We now own 0.45% of a unit at BLT lol. That's like 3 sq ft of a 1 bedroom unit.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
30k well spent lol. But congrats :D

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse

couldcareless posted:

I've always just logged onto https://mydisneyphotopass.disney.go.com and they are there. The site isn't amazing though, hard to sort through and download specific trips worth of stuff.

That is so weird, my pictures don't show up at all when I login using Chrome, but do if I use Safari.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
That's worth reporting to someone. If an entire browser (or even just some versions of it) isn't supported, Disney needs to know about it and fix it.

nimper
Jun 19, 2003

livin' in a hopium den

BlueBayou posted:

That is so weird, my pictures don't show up at all when I login using Chrome, but do if I use Safari.

Check your adblock maybe?

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

skipdogg posted:

Just closed on our DVC purchase. We now own 0.45% of a unit at BLT lol. That's like 3 sq ft of a 1 bedroom unit.

Congratulations!

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Quick question here. I booked through Orbitz, so I didn't get tickets, only vouchers which I have to redeem at will-call for peoper tickets. Apparently I can link these to the disney website, but have to jump through some hoops to do so. If I do go through the process and get the tickets linked, then prebuy a magic band and link that to my account, will I still need to go to will-call to get my tickets "activated" or will I be able to walk right up to the parks' gates with my magic band?

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

If you can link them, you wouldn't need to pick them up.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Funkmaster General posted:

Quick question here. I booked through Orbitz, so I didn't get tickets, only vouchers which I have to redeem at will-call for peoper tickets. Apparently I can link these to the disney website, but have to jump through some hoops to do so. If I do go through the process and get the tickets linked, then prebuy a magic band and link that to my account, will I still need to go to will-call to get my tickets "activated" or will I be able to walk right up to the parks' gates with my magic band?

Disney policy was "tell them because it was bought third party you can't link them". You'll still have to go to Will Call if they even let you link them. Disney hates third party tickets.

Cais
Jul 10, 2006
unicycler

Grundulum posted:

That's worth reporting to someone. If an entire browser (or even just some versions of it) isn't supported, Disney needs to know about it and fix it.

They probably will just close the ticket with a "the account is working". I used to take those calls and HP is useless when it comes to those things.

Ad blocker was definitely a culprit a lot of the time.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also there was a rumor going around the call center that Disney was quietly going to start deleting PhotoPass photos of annual pass holders past 15 days or something silly. You might be one of the unfortunate test subjects.

Cais
Jul 10, 2006
unicycler
I think they get moved to the cloud at that point. I bet that's where that rumor came from.

I swear if I hear "don't activate your memory maker because then you can only download for 30 days! Wait till you're home!" one more time...

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oof yeah even us who sold it would say that like thirty times but the confusing part was they still had to link it 3 or more days before.

Memory Maker is cool and good but poorly done. I don't really understand the point of the three day discount, was there some kind of weird backwork you guys had to do for everyone one?

Also if someone called and said they had no pictures from their trip we'd transfer them to you, but then what would you do, have to go throw a whole days of pics looking for the persona phone description?

Cais
Jul 10, 2006
unicycler
Eh, the idea was to offer a discount for folks purchasing in advance. when it was photopass plus it was 14 days, but a drc res could add it three days before. I think that's why they kept it. They deliberately set it up so the memory maker will never allow photos from that waiting period to work with the prearrival memory maker.

Funnily enough they told us when it launched we didn't need to know anything about memory maker because we wouldn't sell it. Then every department began transferring every call to us.

A lot of those lost photo transfers end up with us figuring out who did what wrong. It's unusual to say the least for a large number of photos to just go missing. Maybe they never claimed their res, maybe someone isn't sharing photos, they never linked their photopass card, maybe grandma has all the photos on her account and never told anyone she had one. Otherwise we were looking at the other photos in your account and searching till we found them.

Honestly as long as you got me the right day and location I could probably find them 99% of the time. Hell I once used the shadows in the photo from their cell phone to find photos on main street 8 hours after the time they told me. I do miss some aspects of that role sometimes.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Huh cool always wondered thanks man.

Yeah some portions of the job I miss but -as I'm sure you can attest also - the call center was garbage job. Which is probably why we were paid so well ($14hr) but turnover was crazy.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

I really wish there was an easier way to add friends and family on the My Disney Experience website and app. I mean, really dumb it down for the masses, Disney.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You'd think you should be able to put in just a email and link up but nope it's some inane process that works about 20% of the time, forcing you to have to call to get it to work (and this is a problem Disney knows of).

PhotoPass day is a long wait of a mess I guess from what Twitter is saying. That's sad, but I don't know what else I expected.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
It's probably convoluted for 2 reasons: to further curb exploiters of the system and because some systems within Disney make no sense

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Does anyone know which restaurants at Disney Springs accept Disney giftcards? Disney's website is all but useless and doesn't specifically say which ones. Looking at either STK or Morimoto for dinner this weekend and wanna use up these giftcards I got from work.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Those both take DDP, so I would assume they take Disney Giftcards. Just an ASSumption on my part though.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

skipdogg posted:

Those both take DDP, so I would assume they take Disney Giftcards. Just an ASSumption on my part though.

That's what I've been reading too that if the place accepts DDP they shouldn't have a problem taking a giftcard.

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

I'm heading down to WDW Sunday for a few days, does anyone know if the Banshees are in stock at AK? I'm hoping to pick one up for my son.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Snagged an Ohana on Halloween night proper at 8pm and I'm fuckin stoked

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

The My Disney Experience app got an update. It keeps track of your dining entitlements.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
IIRC every restaurant on Fosney Property takes Gift card. Give Disney a call to tell for sure, as it says on the hub but I don't have access anymore so can't look

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."

Braksgirl posted:

The My Disney Experience app got an update. It keeps track of your dining entitlements.

It's about drat time they allowed that.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Braksgirl posted:

It also let's you renew your annual pass and finally works with iOS 11 beta.

nimper
Jun 19, 2003

livin' in a hopium den

Braksgirl posted:

And it keeps track of your room charges!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

nimper posted:

And it keeps track of your room charges!

This is pretty awesome. Sometimes Disney emails my client's room charge invoice to me instead of them so I can see what they're buying. Let's just say a running total on their phone wouldn't hurt some people's wallets. ;)