Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
slouch
Mar 10, 2009

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

Well yeah I mean like he's obviously racist a. f. But the lines about needing the statues to learn from history and we will lose their beauty are boiler plate whiye supremacist pablum but usually it's with the wink nudge inner narrative of keeping them to uphold the white state and values, and that requires at least some awareness and guile. So I guess is it feels like Trump would be too stupid to see through the laughable veneer of the arguments he's repeating and just thinks they are correct on their face.

he believes the false narrative because he is stupid. he is not willing to challenge or think critically about the narrative because it supports his world view (that the war of southern secession wasnt a big deal and wasnt about slavery.) he is defensive about the statue because he feels camaraderie with the statue of robert e lee and anybody/anything that is ever called racist by anybody. like its a personal attack on him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Alan Smithee posted:

where deez cheap guns at

this is uh... problematic

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

cargo cult posted:

i think its just hard to believe trump has any actual convictions or sincerely held beliefs because his brain is mush and he pathologically fucks over everyone. like i get that fascism is above all else syncretic and malleable gibberish in and of itself but clearly it has sincere adherents

i think he has three

1. trump best
2. blacks? gross
3. liberals are fags

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
nice

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

owned

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

cumshitter posted:

"one art please." *inserts $100,000*

*giant cube plops out of a chute*

you want a really lovely bookshelf you aren't supposed to put books on?

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

nice

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

Admiral Ray posted:

modern art includes things like art deco so it is necessarily good.

:yeah:

im bein' willfully dense, i mean, this is postmodern but i just ughu

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

I await more of this

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
is donald judd like a slow country person or something and youre just supposed to be impressed that he can do simple masonry and iron working?

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

The filthiest part of the toilet is often not the seat or bowl. It's the top of the tank lid Donny. THE TANK LID

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

contemporaneous art

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

Unperson_47 posted:

The filthiest part of the toilet is often not the seat or bowl. It's the top of the tank lid Donny. THE TANK LID

gently caress you for ruining my life with this probably fact

n........nice :(

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Guy Goodbody posted:

Original Donald Judd piece worth a $250,000, or Ikea wall shelves, $8 a piece?

i kinda like that :kiddo:

not enough to drop 250k on it tho

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
im going to buy the entire ikea catalog, assemble something out of all the parts and have the entire world congratulate me on making a masterpiece

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
lol trump is bad and so are nazis lmao. lmbo

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Guy Goodbody posted:

you want a really lovely bookshelf you aren't supposed to put books on?

That is just bad design the books don't go in the front and can just fall out the sides.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Guy Goodbody posted:

be fair, this is what Donald Judd's art looks like

its a cool, multipurpose shape

a cube

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

Unperson_47 posted:

ya have you ever peed with the rays of the morning sun beaming down on your toilet

don't

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

eonwe posted:

Ban this sick filth

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I sometimes have weird dreams of peeing badly when I am sleeping and need to pee.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Origami Dali posted:

trump legit thought vince died in the limo explosion

NEVER 4GET

obama will pay for that

D1Sergo
May 5, 2006

Be sure to take a 15-minute break every hour.

Guy Goodbody posted:

be fair, this is what Donald Judd's art looks like

I'm with Trump on this one, I see that poo poo I'm putting my stuff on it.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Proud Christian Mom posted:

im going to buy the entire ikea catalog, assemble something out of all the parts and have the entire world congratulate me on making a masterpiece

[Power Rangers gif]

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Elephanthead posted:

That is just bad design the books don't go in the front and can just fall out the sides.

gently caress books im putting my action figures figurines there

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

but anime,

that is, for you gaijin, nihon-no art stlye that values emoting and reproducibility in animation,

anime, and its lesser known sibling, manga, carry emotional resonance that some of history's great masters cannot hope to reach; it is, in its truest sense, art

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

brugroffil posted:

ACLU continuing to honey pot morons

lemme take y'all up to Galaxy brain levels

The ACLU litigates cases not defendants. They don't give a good God drat who's at their table if it helps set precedence for future cases because the United States legal system is super dumb

I'm a huge prick

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Elephanthead posted:

maybe its a cat playground you racist

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

hey eonwe i've been playing the new no mans bear patch do u want a trip report

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

juche avocado posted:

but anime,

that is, for you gaijin, nihon-no art stlye that values emoting and reproducibility in animation,

anime, and its lesser known sibling, manga, carry emotional resonance that some of history's great masters cannot hope to reach; it is, in its truest sense, art

anime is good

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

it took someone in a dodge to run down people to realize that nazis are no good

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

juche avocado posted:

but anime,

can it be stacked into a cube cause if not it's hobo trash poo poo

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

eonwe posted:

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Epic High Five posted:

Gonna side with Trump here

If you don't want people using your art as a table then don't make it look like an art deco table and then put it in the middle of a room

that's kinda the point though, right?

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

i kinda like that :kiddo:

not enough to drop 250k on it tho

so you too like megaman

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Schnorkles posted:

hey eonwe i've been playing the new no mans bear patch do u want a trip report

sure tell me how it is, i was kinda curious. I own the drat POS so if its better I might as well know so I can play it

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
*unveils stone rectangle*

behold my masterpiece, the elongated cube

The_Raven
Jul 2, 2004

Upon this a question arises: whether it be better to be loved than feared or feared than loved?

Third World Reggin posted:

aclu still a good litmus test of peoples opinions

People who did this bad thing couldn't be held accountable. Now they can. The government can't go "State Secrets!" and be immune, nor can the people that they hire. This is good for future cases.

Sorry if I'm being obtuse, but what am I missing? They denied responsibility, just like every lawsuit against the rich and powerful that ends up with a settlement and no admission of guilt. A future case would end the same way, no?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm playing wolfenstein the new order, and its pretty loving good. especially for $20

• Locked thread