Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Griffin tearing up in the ad zone. ;_;

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I'm so glad the best character returned one final time.

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

Finally, a fight that rewards the boys for their horrible rolls.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

70m in: this mass cure wounds timewarp goof is A-tier

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
https://twitter.com/MBMBaM/status/898238736928002048

we can't keep doing this

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N

Honestly that's kind of a bad implementation of that shirt.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Hargrimm posted:

Honestly that's kind of a bad implementation of that shirt.

Yeah I would have instabought Build-a-bear's design, this I think just makes me want to donate :20bux: direct to SPLC :shrug:

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
aw man

Cran
Mar 23, 2011
Re:TAZ

It was, uh...

Yeah. It was perfect.

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul
Sitting in my office with tears rolling down my face during the Magnus and Julia reunion toward the end

Kojiro
Aug 11, 2003

LET'S GET TO THE TOP!

effervescible posted:

Sitting in my office with tears rolling down my face during the Magnus and Julia reunion toward the end

That and that little bit earlier where Merle's talking to his kid and Griffin says "I love you, Dad" both had me bawling.

Cran
Mar 23, 2011

Kojiro posted:

That and that little bit earlier where Merle's talking to his kid and Griffin says "I love you, Dad" both had me bawling.

Oh man, I somehow completely lost track of the fact that it wasn't just Mavis saying it to Merle, it was Griffin saying it to Clint.

I was on bad terms with my dad when he died. I'm legitimately crying.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I'm loving dead and Griffin has killed me

poparena
Oct 31, 2012

Holy gently caress, that final "Magnus rushes in."

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I almost made it.

I almost got through it without crying.

Then during Magnus' segment I was like wow this is kind of a bummer about the death bed, I hate this...wait...wait a second...

and upon realizing what was about to happen I started bawling.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

"How does Magnus die?" is what got me in the end.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Keeping those spoilers spoilered is very hard for me right now

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

In addition to the one that everyone is going to mention ad nauseam and I don't even need to mention again, the "back soon" and what happens immediately afterwards was the first one to really get to me.

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

My only disappointment is that we didn't get a "You've solved my Balance puzzle" after they killed the Hunger.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

John Dudebro posted:

My only disappointment is that we didn't get a "You've solved my Balance puzzle" after they killed the Hunger.

"I'm so proud of theeeeeeeeeem"

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Democratic Pirate posted:

Keeping those spoilers spoilered is very hard for me right now

I normally just casually mouse over spoilers, because it's never that big of a deal, but man is it hard to keep from doing that this week. It's such an important thing. I've already spoiled one thing for myself, and I'm kind of upset.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
These nerds DnD'd pretty hard and it all turned great. Love it.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Fans posted:

These nerds DnD'd pretty hard and it all turned great. Love it.

that little end bit was REALLY needed and I'm glad this story ended where it began, with goofs.

"Four nerds who played DnD so hard they made themselves cry."

That really is the perfect tagline.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Pretty decent finale! I think I liked the simplicity of the goofs in the first few arcs but it made for some primo callbacks to wrap things up.

Maintaining any sort of organization or cohesive story over a 3 year campaign is extremely impressive after my experience DMing a group of murderhobos in a self-made world for a year.

Looking forward to the next arc. I'm hopeful whoever is the next DM doesn't feel obligated to match the epic tale that Griffin ended up putting together.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Pleads posted:

70m in: this mass cure wounds timewarp goof is A-tier

This was the best part of the entire finale imo which is really saying something because it was all incredible.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Weirdly it was the Angus and Taako bit that hit me hardest, but all of those epilogues had my eyes welling up. Lovely end to the campaign and I'm hyped for TTAZZ and whatever they cook up after it.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

dogsicle posted:

Weirdly it was the Angus and Taako bit that hit me hardest, but all of those epilogues had my eyes welling up. Lovely end to the campaign and I'm hyped for TTAZZ and whatever they cook up after it.

The bit about how many friends Angus made at school hit me a lot harder than I expected.

I got so excited at them talking about doing a few one shot episodes in different systems trading off DMing. I already knew that was the plan, but it made me realize I'm so ready for that and sad it'll be over a month till they start.

JOHNSON COCKSLAP
Apr 2, 2017

by Lowtax
Hopefully they can go back to doing a Roleplaying podcast now this low-quality fiction's done with.

JOHNSON COCKSLAP
Apr 2, 2017

by Lowtax

not some lovely fanart, a good shirt.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Merlegaritaville.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I like that the one time Merle was going to actually use a healing spell, he traveled back in time to tell himself not to do it.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

The last hour was real real real good.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Boy I sure wish these forums had rules against obvious threadshitting.

What a finale. I also cried at Magnus and Julia, even though I knew it was coming from the moment they started getting their epilogues.

Griffin did such a stellar job at tying everything together in a satisfying way.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

it was alright

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
turning the extended cast into summons to fight one winged john kicked rear end

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Man, what a great ending to a great story. I cannot wait to see the fanart for this one.

I want to see the THB facing down the video game-rear end boss Griffin put together for them. I want to see hem charging into the Hunger in one last push for extra time. I want to see I want to see Angus in regular kid clothes. I want to see Barry and Lup with suits and scythes. I want to see Carrey and Killian's wedding. I want to see Magnus' face when he sees Julia again. EDIT: Oh my gosh it's already here.

All that being said, it will be nice go back to regular goofs for a while. That was kind of exhausting, in a good way.

Ariong fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Aug 17, 2017

The Awesomesaurus
Feb 15, 2006

I'm too cool to be extinct.

Welp, I kept it together until I realized where Magnus' epilogue was going. And then dogs.

Also, that upbeat version of Lucretia's theme when they were rushing in to fight back the Hunger was amazing.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

all hail jahandrew

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

God dammit. I cried twice during this thing. And didnt stop for about an hour afterwards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

Welp, my sadbrain meds have kept me from crying for the past year, but this dumb DnD podcast finally did it.

I'm so proud of Griffin and tres horny boys for making something so great.