Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

LawfulWaffle posted:

there's an easier word than "antiantifa", and it ain't "fa"

No you see there's these dudes called fa, and then there's those dudes that don't like them, and then there's these other dudes completely separate from the first dudes that don't like these other dudes. Time works the same way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

Steakandchips posted:

Why were you even talking to such idiots in the first place?

I grew up in a racist suburb where my mom, brother and I were (and they still are) the only black people. I was extremely ostracized and learned to hate my blackness. But then I went to a "boarding school" that was extremely left leaning and made a bunch of friends who were the first people to say that what I had been told my entire life were my flaws were actually the things that made me beautiful. It turns out that 16-20 year old left leaning Danish people can feel entitled to say racist poo poo too. I let sooo much poo poo fly because I didn't want to gently caress up what I thought was the best I could get.

Has anyone posted the Fox news interview with the right leaning, black dude they thought would argue against the left leaning black chick but he ends up denouncing the whole thing in tears over the whole thing?

Sarcopenia has a new favorite as of 17:24 on Aug 17, 2017

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

Sarcopenia posted:

Has anyone posted the Fox news interview with the right leaning,8 black dude they thought would argue against the left leaning black chick but he ends up denouncing the whole thing in tears over the whole thing?

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

Good. I thought it would have been a good answer to the crying Fox lady clip.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

I love this clip so much, it's pretty amazing.

Also that host was a poo poo

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Sarcopenia posted:

I grew up in a racist suburb where my mom, brother and me were (and they still are) the only black people. I was extremely ostracized and learned to hate my blackness. But then I went to a "boarding school" that was extremely left leaning and made a bunch of friends who were the first people to say that what I had been told my entire life were my flaws were actually the things that made me beautiful. It turns out that 16-20 year old left leaning Danish people can feel entitled to say racist poo poo too. I let sooo much poo poo fly because I didn't want to gently caress up what I thought was the best I could get.

Has anyone posted the Fox news interview with the right leaning, black dude they thought would argue against the left leaning black chick but he ends up denouncing the whole thing in tears over the whole thing?

drat man, that's harsh. You're in a better place now right, i.e. you live somewhere that isn't super racist?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Saint Freak posted:

2016: Killer clowns are on the loose in your town
2017: We've harnessed the power of killer clowns to fight nazis

:perfect:

Elkyrie
Mar 18, 2014

Steakandchips posted:

You're in a better place now right, i.e. you live somewhere that isn't super racist?

If he's still in Denmark, I've got bad news for you.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Karate Bastard posted:

No you see there's these dudes called fa, and then there's those dudes that don't like them, and then there's these other dudes completely separate from the first dudes that don't like these other dudes. Time works the same way.

Imagine four Nazis on the edge of a cliff. Someone pushes the first Nazi off the cliff, so the second Nazi takes the place of the first. Then the new first is pushed off the cliff.

This doesn't help explain anything, it's just a pleasant thought.

EvenWorseOpinions
Jun 10, 2017

LawfulWaffle posted:

there's an easier word than "antiantifa", and it ain't "fa"

Yeah, neonazi is the word I'd normally use, but their specific purpose in assembling was apparently to be antiantifa

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

Steakandchips posted:

drat man, that's harsh. You're in a better place now right, i.e. you live somewhere that isn't super racist?

Oh yeah for sure! I live in the same city I moved to, to be near my former friends. Turns out the city is really great and the friends I have now are awesome. The places I frequent have no tolerance for that kind of stuff so I only have to deal with it once in a while but at least it always ends with the other person getting thrown out. Denmark can be awful and weird when it comes to racism but when it's good it's really good.

Elkyrie posted:

If he's still in Denmark, I've got bad news for you.

She. :)

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://i.imgur.com/pIJU8vb.mp4

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

How not to curry favor with the repair dude.

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

iospace posted:

How not to curry favor with the repair dude.
:golfclap:

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

What has one post about her not wearing makeup got to do with a picture of curry?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Steakandchips posted:

What has one post about her not wearing makeup got to do with a picture of curry?

Read the first part primarily.

they included the instructions

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

don't iphones have rear facing cameras?

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

Elizabethan Error posted:

don't iphones have rear facing cameras?

Yes but if you drop your phone you'll probably fumble it around a bit on it's way down :shrug:

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
That's a hell of a find in your curry otherwise.

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

Karate Bastard posted:

That's a hell of a find in your curry otherwise.

Bad Korma

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

Sarcopenia posted:

Yes but if you drop your phone you'll probably fumble it around a bit on it's way down :shrug:
probably, but from where the curry is stuck to the screen and how it's upside down, i'm envisioning the lady of the photo holding it backwards, and dropping it while awkwardly trying to press the snapshot button.

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost

Measly Twerp posted:

All source control GUIs suck, some quite spectacularly. Just use the command line and git will tell you explicitly what is going on.

100% this. Hell, infinity% this! That isn't to say there isn't any room for visual tools. Diff-tooling, for example, or viewing branch lifetimes and interaction, integrating the historical view in-situ, etc. But when it comes to the fundamentals (stashing, staging, un-staging, pushing, pulling, branch-merges, conflict resolution, etc.), CLI all the way :argh: (And believe me, I'm no 'CLIs-4-evah' grognard)

Edit: Since this is the shadenfreud thread, I guess I should concede my view of the world is increasingly clouded by faster-thinking youngsters with fresh ideas and apparently boundless enthusiasm.

Millennials ruining my chill and and making me run to keep up! :argh: :supaburn:

Edit: Also my hair is going gray, rather than 'executive silver', which is really putting the squeeze on.

magimix has a new favorite as of 18:56 on Aug 17, 2017

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Oh man, I know some Shkreli transcripts got posted earlier but these are just....all so good.

Juror No. 144: I heard through the news of how the defendant changed the price of a pill by up-selling it. I heard he bought an album from the Wu-Tang Clan for a million dollars.
The Court: The question is, have you heard anything that would affect your ability to decide this case with an open mind. Can you do that?
Juror No. 144: I don’t think I can because he kind of looks like a dick.

The Court: Okay. We will excuse you. Juror 28, do you need to be heard?
Juror No. 28: I don’t like this person at all. I just can’t understand why he would be so stupid as to take an antibiotic which H.I.V. people need and jack it up five thousand percent. I would honestly, like, seriously like to go over there —
The Court: Sir, thank you.
Juror No. 28: Is he stupid or greedy? I can’t understand.

Juror no. 25: This is the price-gouging, right, of drugs?
The Court: This case has nothing to do with drugs.
Juror no. 25: My kids use those drugs.
The Court: As I said, the case does not concern anything that you might have read or heard about the pricing of certain pharmaceuticals.
Juror no. 25: It affects my opinion of him.

Juror no. 52: When I walked in here today I looked at him, and in my head, that’s a snake — not knowing who he was. I just walked in and looked right at him and that’s a snake.
Brafman: So much for the presumption of innocence.

Juror no. 70: I have total disdain for the man. When you go back to how he was able to put so many children —
The Court: You have negative feelings?
Juror no. 70: Very.
The Court: Would those feelings prevent you from being fair to both sides in this case?
Juror no. 70: I can be fair to one side but not the other.

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

Elizabethan Error posted:

probably, but from where the curry is stuck to the screen and how it's upside down, i'm envisioning the lady of the photo holding it backwards, and dropping it while awkwardly trying to press the snapshot button.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

From the photographer's perspective:

https://twitter.com/ByChrisMason/status/897959420126257156

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

iospace posted:

Read the first part primarily.

they included the instructions

Also, if that's Ramona, she's wearing makeup in that photo. Attached to a post about going makeup-free.

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

Also, if that's Ramona, she's wearing makeup in that photo. Attached to a post about going makeup-free.

It's Ramona and she is definitely wearing make up. She's also 60 years old and looks good as hell so I get why they would use her as a spokesperson for that kind of stuff

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Who the gently caress is this Ramona chick that we are referring to her by one name like she was loving Vanity?

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Not my great aunt Ramona, who is cool and good.

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

ElGroucho posted:

Who the gently caress is this Ramona chick that we are referring to her by one name like she was loving Vanity?

She's one of the Real Housewives women.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Truly an inspiration we can all aspire to.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Sarcopenia posted:

She's one of the Real Housewives women.

I don't want to sound like one of those "I don't even own a TV :smug: " snobs, but that leaves me none the wiser.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Sunswipe posted:

I don't want to sound like one of those "I don't even own a TV :smug: " snobs, but that leaves me none the wiser.

It's a reality show where they followed rich suburban moms I'm pretty sure. I think she's one of the moms. Maybe they're not all moms but they are all housewives and rich.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

EmmyOk posted:

It's a reality show where they followed rich suburban moms I'm pretty sure. I think she's one of the moms. Maybe they're not all moms but they are all housewives and rich.

Ok, that sounds like my idea of televisual hell. Thanks. I think?

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-
Norwegian Cruise Line Bows to Pressure and Cancels 'Neo Nazi' Conference Booking

http://www.independent.co.uk/travel...a-a7898156.html

Those poor nazis just can't win.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Nazis did not see no sea

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
Aside from U-boats they never did have much of a Navy.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Should have sailed them to the middle of the North Sea and dumped them overboard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I'm waiting with bated-breath for the lawsuit to try to get white supremacy added to the protected class list.