Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will earn the Iron Throne
Jon Snow / Stark (Targaryen)
Daenerys Stormborn Targaryen, Breaker of Chains, Mother of dragons, etc. etc. etc.
Cersei Lannister
Cersei's corpse after getting backstabbed by Jamie
Hodo...wait, nevermind.
Zombie Mountain
Arya / Hound spinoff series
Checkbox
View Results

• Locked thread
Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
lol hes got a loving dragon, theyre going through that goddamned wall

poor viserion, i knew we'd lose one of them

jon cooly owning the gently caress out of wights and then turning to the NIght King owned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
night king set a trap and they fell for it hook, line, and sinker. There's some real fuckery going on there. TIC to baller fire dragon CAS owned though. Dragons need to figure out more effective gun run patterns. Can't be falling to anti-air like that in a loiter.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

well at least we know who rides the third dragon now. guess jon will ride his the dragon named after his dad. also fitting that viserion is the one to bite it considering his namesake

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

cowboy elvis posted:

night king set a trap and they fell for it hook, line, and sinker. There's some real fuckery going on there. TIC to baller fire dragon CAS owned though. Dragons need to figure out more effective gun run patterns. Can't be falling to anti-air like that in a loiter.

There's subtle commentary there about the threat from seemingly antiquated MANPADS even in an environment where one party has air superiority.

This post brought to you by the F-35

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I feel like a lot of justified negativity towards this season is due to the crazy loving pace as they showrunners have to close out the story and we're getting to the point where the twists and turns are all meeting conclusions.

We're just driving towards an ending with no feeling that maybe things are going to shift.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Its also funny that Dorne has mattered for all of like 3 episodes in 7 seasons.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Dorne blows

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Also where the gently caress is Euron? They're gonna pull some bullshit magical teleporting thing with him. He's been a ghost since episode 3 or whatever.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

cowboy elvis posted:

Also where the gently caress is Euron? They're gonna pull some bullshit magical teleporting thing with him. He's been a ghost since episode 3 or whatever.

Probably off raping yara.

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

Mr. Nice! posted:

well, how he gets over the wall anyways, unless they have the dragon fly back and forth ferrying them over.

The Night King isn't going to use the dragon to fly over the wall. He's going to use the dragon to melt the wall. :ssh:

Edit, looks like I was beaten to it

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Nuclear Tourist posted:

The Night King isn't going to use the dragon to fly over the wall. He's going to use the dragon to melt the wall. :ssh:

can ice zombie dragons breathe fire? I think that wouldn't work since fire is one of the ice zombie's only weaknesses.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Good episode started out slow as hell

not sure why the dragons didn't just melt the knight king, or was hoping Snow or someone would have ran and cut him down or some poo poo, but w/e. We all knew one of the dragons at the very least had to go

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

Mr. Nice! posted:

can ice zombie dragons breathe fire? I think that wouldn't work since fire is one of the ice zombie's only weaknesses.

Apparently yes, only it's blue fire.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
I'd be alright with Dragon freeze ray breath

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Has Game of Thrones ever gotten an Emmy in the category costume design? Do Emmys in that category even exist?

Game of Thrones needs one.

Why yes. there is an award for that.

Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Costumes for a Period/Fantasy Series, Limited Series, or Movie

GoT won it in 2016.

Award was created in 2015 after modifying Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Costumes for a Miniseries, Movie, or Special and Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Costumes for a Series.

GoT won the latter in 2012 and 2014

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
you know we're totally doing to get Drogon/Rhaegal fighting Viserion in the sky and I bet someone flying one of them probably doesnt make it either

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

cowboy elvis posted:

Yeah pretty much this. Since I can't see any other way the Night King could possibly know what's going on below the wall, I'm blaming Bran.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Not spoilers really. There's a fan theory that Bran is the Night King

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

cowboy elvis posted:

They are definitely linked in some way. Oh man I can't believe how drat good that loving episode was. All you others waiting for sunday are in for a goddamned treat.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

cowboy elvis posted:

He looks nothing like the guy they showed getting turned into him, though. Like bran was showed how the night king was made while he was hanging with tree-bird.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Mr. Nice! posted:

He looks nothing like the guy they showed getting turned into him, though. Like bran was showed how the night king was made while he was hanging with tree-bird.

Right. But let's not pretend Game Of Thrones has depicted scenes that weren't deceptive.

Anyway. It's fan theory. Who knows

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

What fan theories have been true besides Jon being the son of Lyana, if you even want to call it a fan theory

Obviously heavily implied and indicated many times over I'm gonna laugh if he wasn't actually the son after all

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Proud Christian Mom posted:

you know we're totally doing to get Drogon/Rhaegal fighting Viserion in the sky and I bet someone flying one of them probably doesnt make it either

Bran is going to warg into Rhaegal with both winding up dead by the end of it.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Bolow posted:

Bran is going to warg into Sansa with both winding up dead by the end of it.

Good

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
if wights can run faster than humans, and they never tire because theyre undead, then why arent they constantly running?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Just lol if you think Cersei on seeing the wight will do anything but ask time to 'study' it, hand it to her weird necro Hand and get King's Landing wiped out by the resultant army of undead that he inevitably makes and loses control of.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Two Finger posted:

Just lol if you think Cersei on seeing the wight will do anything but ask time to 'study' it, hand it to her weird necro Hand and get King's Landing wiped out by the resultant army of undead that he inevitably makes and loses control of.

That would be the greatest thing.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Two Finger posted:

I mean I would laugh really hard

Churchill
Nov 27, 2007
Winston

Nuclear Tourist posted:

My pet theory is that zombie-dragon will be able to breathe ice rather than fire and that it will be used to freeze over the waters east of the wall (whatever it's called, gently caress keeping up with all the place names and characters) as shown in this seasons title sequence.

Also, here's hoping for an in depth documentary on the salvage process of the dragon as a DVD-extra, felt we were sold a bit short on that part

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Yeah what's really needed is a logistical explanation for where those chains came from and how the wights were able to get them set up around the dragon's corpse

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

I'm still confused by the distances involved. gendry ran to the castle, a raven got to dragonstone, and dany flew there in the time they had?

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Pesticide20 posted:

Yeah what's really needed is a logistical explanation for where those chains came from and how the wights were able to get them set up around the dragon's corpse

zombie crabs

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?
Send zombies down to connect the chains. It doesn't matter if they can swim back up, there's always more where you got those ones from.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Two Finger posted:

I'm still confused by the distances involved. gendry ran to the castle, a raven got to dragonstone, and dany flew there in the time they had?

The show doesn't care if the distances and times aren't air tight.

They traded off any semblance of grounded timelines to get the plot moving where it needs to go. It's jarring but a minor thing.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
It is pretty funny to me that they went with the switch. I'm rewatching the series and season three has Brienne and Jaime traveling to King's Landing for most of the season, and now my sense of distance with the show is shot to poo poo

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

cowboy elvis posted:

The show doesn't care if the distances and times aren't air tight.

They traded off any semblance of grounded timelines to get the plot moving where it needs to go. It's jarring but a minor thing.

Am I the only one who is relieved when Jon said he was going to Danerys and in the very next episode yep he's there? I always get worried of something turning into a long drawn out road trip or not happening until the next episode (unless it's at the very end of an episode). Like I was actually very happy with the compression of time in the last episode.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Am I the only one who is relieved when Jon said he was going to Danerys and in the very next episode yep he's there? I always get worried of something turning into a long drawn out road trip or not happening until the next episode (unless it's at the very end of an episode). Like I was actually very happy with the compression of time in the last episode.

I don't mind it either. With only 7 (8 episodes for those who didn't watch the leak) remaining, there isn't time to waste on characters moving.

The show didn't do itself any favors from drastically changing the speed to which events play out or are built up though.

Edit: Mathed wrong

bloops fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Aug 18, 2017

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

Churchill posted:

My pet theory is that zombie-dragon will be able to breathe ice rather than fire and that it will be used to freeze over the waters east of the wall (whatever it's called, gently caress keeping up with all the place names and characters) as shown in this seasons title sequence.

Also, here's hoping for an in depth documentary on the salvage process of the dragon as a DVD-extra, felt we were sold a bit short on that part

You're probably right, I still think they're going to gently caress up the wall big time though.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

cowboy elvis posted:

I don't mind it either. With only 6 (7 episodes for those who didn't watch the leak) remaining, there isn't time to waste on characters moving.

The show didn't do itself any favors from drastically changing the speed to which events play out or are built up though.

I thought the next season had ten episodes, no?

Anyways, actually underwhelmed by this week's episode. Not entirely sure why, though I'd wager it's probably because no Lannisters and because despite reading no spoilers it was incredibly obvious what was going to happen the entire time. Like easily everything we saw was telegraphed super hard five minutes before it actually happened.

Episode 4 was still the best of the season, but so far nothing quite like the season 6 finale. That episode, and the end of episode 4, I had chills all the way through. This one not so much.

The warthog dragon CAS was pretty good though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Nope 6 episodes next season.

• Locked thread