Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

GaussianCopula posted:

All while Jon pokes Dany's hole.

oh yeah. don't care, they can't have kids. and bran watches while narrating about incest, the sole thing he got jojen bloodraven and Hodor killed for

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

mastershakeman posted:

like three things happen

cersei sets up a betrayal with Eurons help after seeing the zombie
LF dies but no one cares and arya continues to suck
NK pokes a hole in the wall with blue flame dragon proving Jon and dany ruined everything

Deakul posted:

So, I read the leak for ep7 and I'm no longer as pissy about the show now.

Everyone, including me, needs to calm the gently caress down.

These posts seem totally mutually exclusive

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

These posts seem totally mutually exclusive

if you're super into incest it's great

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

mastershakeman posted:

like three things happen

cersei sets up a betrayal with Eurons help after seeing the zombie
LF dies but no one cares and arya continues to suck
NK pokes a hole in the wall with blue flame dragon proving Jon and dany ruined everything

Also boatsex!

And Cersei miscarries.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Blue eyes wight dragon

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Oh, I mostly meant in regards to the Arya arc.

Something happens and she ends up personally executing LF, the leak wasn't too detailed about it.
But, I'm going to assume Arya's just been playing dumb and lovely.

Cersei's predictably a oval office about the whole WW invasion and decides she wants them to wipe out her enemies and then she's going to swoop in and take over the rest of the world or some dumb poo poo... Jaimie doesn't like this and finally decides to leave.(I guess going full Mad King by blowing up the Sept wasn't that bad to him)

And yet the show's going to play like Dany and Jon were genuinely expecting the Lannisters to help, lol.

Deakul fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Aug 17, 2017

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

https://www.reddit.com/r/freefolk/comments/6q7mn1/frikidoctors_season_7_episode_7_review_and_qa/

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Deakul posted:

Oh, I mostly meant in regards to the Arya arc.

Something happens and she ends up personally executing LF, the leak wasn't too detailed about it.
But, I'm going to assume Arya's just been playing dumb and lovely.

Was she pretending to be dumb when she was alone with Sansa in Ep5 being the world's biggest childish rear end in a top hat to her? This reminds me of Arya Durden from last year.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
Arya and Sansa are both dumb - it's Dr. Branhattan in an act that reminds one of the great wise man in a Sorkin show that tells them "shut up bitches. Littlefinger is evil and betrayed dad. No go kill him with the dagger I gave you specifically for that purpose."

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Decius posted:

Also boatsex!

And Cersei miscarries.

the most meaningless miscarriage. her fetus might as well be named benjen

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

quote:

no Clegane bowl this episode but that they do see each other and that the hound gives him the “one day I will finish you off”

GOD loving DAMMIT!

My fantasy GoT team is ruined! I was banking on Cleganebowl.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Sansa's big GOTCHA moment looks stupid as hell, like something a small child would write in grade school thinking it's the cleverest thing.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
lol @ spoilers.

so now they have sex after, i believe, twice in episode 6, mentioning dany cant have kids. (why is this again? i forget)

so that means season 8 dany will get pregnant with jons kid and that will be the magic prince who was promised, ushering in a long line of peace and spin off shows. the kid will be A SONG OF ICE AND FIRE. or basically, only good people in love with have died and come back to life can make incest work without miscarriage or joffery.

thanks for letting us know, GRRM. (yeah i'm intentionally ignoring tommen and myrcella.)

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
I've never sperged even a little bit about the time and distance stuff, part because I don't care and part because I'm not paying enough attention, and you can look at my post history to see I'm telling the truth, but it gets so bad in episode 6 that even I started scratching my head.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

wait wait wait

Did Jon Snow and his buddies really go north of the wall without any dragonglass weapons?
No, they ALL had dragonglass weapons. I at first was wondering why Jorah was fighting with what looked like two busted machetes, and Tormund's axe blade was obsidian as well as the spear tips, the Hound's hatchet, etc. I think Renly's hammer was the only normal weapon tbh.

esperterra posted:

Weird, I didn't even notice them, but good to know.

More importantly: why did the show decide dragonglass works on wights? When Sam tries to kill one in the books with some it shatters like normal glass.
The bear went down from a single stab to the head from a 'glass dagger.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Jeb! Repetition posted:

I've never sperged even a little bit about the time and distance stuff, part because I don't care and part because I'm not paying enough attention, and you can look at my post history to see I'm telling the truth, but it gets so bad in episode 6 that even I started scratching my head.

I'm not one to freak out over it either, but the Gendry running -> raven sent -> dragon rescue stuff was really insane. I get what they're going for, but it doesn't match up with anything we know about how the world works.

aka "How loving fast are ravens?"

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Vikar Jerome posted:

lol @ spoilers.

so now they have sex after, i believe, twice in episode 6, mentioning dany cant have kids. (why is this again? i forget)

I think the witch cursed her in season 1 or something? Also, I'd have sex with Dany even if it meant no kids. Especially because it meant no kids.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Decius posted:

Also boatsex!

And Cersei miscarries.
Honestly what would be best, is if tje witch who helped Daenerys heal Drogo shows up in King's Landing and offers to help Cersei get somethingsomething back.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

WampaLord posted:

I'm not one to freak out over it either, but the Gendry running -> raven sent -> dragon rescue stuff was really insane. I get what they're going for, but it doesn't match up with anything we know about how the world works.

I'm more impressed with Gendry climbing a goddamn mountain in a blizzard with no food or water and still making it in time to even send the raven.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

quote:

Q: Any dialogue before BOATSEX? A: none, Jon knocks on Dany’s door and they go at it

Ah, romance :allears:

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Am I the only one who is bothered more by the fact that they had no way of knowing that they would come upon a tiny island surrounded by thin ice and therefore had absolutely no reason to send Gendry for help? They were minutes away from certain death.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I think that one was fine. You need a survivor to tell the story no matter if you get hosed or not.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I think that one was fine. You need a survivor to tell the story no matter if you get hosed or not.

Why did they choose Gendry, a man who grew up in the warmer climate of the South, trained as a Blacksmith and had never been north of the wall before and not Tormund the wildling raider to take on that task? I get that the writers need Gendry at the wall to forge Valariyan steel, but surely there was a less hackneyed way to get him there?

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"

ThinkTank posted:

Why did they choose Gendry, a man who grew up in the warmer climate of the South, trained as a Blacksmith and had never been north of the wall before and not Tormund the wildling raider to take on that task? I get that the writers need Gendry at the wall to forge Valariyan steel, but surely there was a less hackneyed way to get him there?

Because he's the fastest.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

ThinkTank posted:

I get that the writers need Gendry at the wall to forge Valariyan steel

What?

He does not know how to do that.

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"

WampaLord posted:

My theory is that Bran is able to use his network of ravens to instantaneously write messages. Like, he taught the ravens to write. This is the only thing that makes sense.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

WampaLord posted:

What?

Yet

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

WampaLord posted:

What?

Yet, but cmon.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Raspberry Jam It In Me posted:

Am I the only one who is bothered more by the fact that they had no way of knowing that they would come upon a tiny island surrounded by thin ice and therefore had absolutely no reason to send Gendry for help? They were minutes away from certain death.

Their plot shields were still at 95% and it is known that you can only deplete those over time - that's also why they send Gendry, as he has the weakest plot shields of the crew.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

ThinkTank posted:

Yet, but cmon.

Oh goddamnit, you're both right. gently caress.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

3 DONG HORSE posted:

They send him explicitly to get help from Dany though. Dany would have arrived two days later to find a bunch of corpses and wondered wtf this was all about

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

mastershakeman posted:

oh yeah. don't care, they can't have kids. and bran watches while narrating about incest, the sole thing he got jojen bloodraven and Hodor killed for

I think Jon Snuh's Targaryen super sperm will revive her dead rear end womb and they will have beautiful children

One of which they will name: Eddard

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

WampaLord posted:

Oh goddamnit, you're both right. gently caress.

I figured that was pretty obvious. We just had an entire season where they went on about finding large quantities of dragon glass, brought back the popular master blacksmith character under the flimsiest of pretenses and then immediately sent him somewhere where he has no business going. Either he's about to arm the armies of the wall with a long lost wight killing metal, or the writers are just drawing names and locations from a hat.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Remember when the show was all about subverting viewer expectations?

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

WampaLord posted:

What?

Gendry even apprenticed with a Smith that's been shown to know how to reforge valyrian steel.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Raspberry Jam It In Me posted:

They send him explicitly to get help from Dany though. Dany would have arrived two days later to find a bunch of corpses and wondered wtf this was all about

I was thinking more along the lines of the army of "the dead could be marching on the wall right now so we better warn the others". Maybe I'm crazy but I will gladly make assumptions to make sense of things.

WampaLord posted:

What?

His master is/was the guy who reforged Ice so he probably knows how but doesn't understand the significance.

ThinkTank posted:

He's the fastest, you need to watch TV better.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011

Sydin posted:

Remember when the show was all about subverting viewer expectations?

That nerdy show which didn't even show all the cool battles?

That show made my head hurt with all the houses and talky talk.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Gendry even apprenticed with a Smith that's been shown to know how to reforge valyrian steel.

RE-forge being the key distinction there, not make new Valyrian steel. As far as I know, no one in the world currently knows how to create it from raw materials, only existing swords.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

WampaLord posted:

RE-forge being the key distinction there, not make new Valyrian steel. As far as I know, no one in the world currently knows how to create it from raw materials, only existing swords.

Sure but it kinda works with the whole "show has magic swords, it brought back this guy whose only characterization is that he's a smith after 4 seasons of absence, guy also happened to work for a smith that's been shown on screen working with magic steel making magic swords, good chances this guy is gonna learn how to make magic swords" line of thinking.

I'm putting the odds at 75%.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Gendry just needs to forge enough iron, steel and mithril swords to eventually move to valyrian. Although I guess he needs to unlock the schematic. Sam should have that covered.

• Locked thread