Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
Really wish this game had a kill cam. Getting SUPER tired of looting for 10 minutes and then getting shot in the head while running and absolutely no more information. Sometimes I have time to go prone and frantically look around before I die!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat
Stolen from REddit:

A Korean streamre finds a 7+ men Chinese teamer group identified with red tshirts. After wearing a red shirt, streamer goes undercover in a group, kills everyone with a grenade later, finishing off the last stray that came for revenge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3FXKoIsJyk

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go
That might be the most glorious thing I've seen from the game

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Bhodi posted:

Really wish this game had a kill cam. Getting SUPER tired of looting for 10 minutes and then getting shot in the head while running and absolutely no more information. Sometimes I have time to go prone and frantically look around before I die!

One of the best things in this game is shooting at people who decide its a good idea to lay down after taking fire, so thank you

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

accipter posted:

I would say that jumping and most of the physics just seem rather awkward. I don't know if that is because the game is in development, or that the developers don't have experience with this type of game play. I haven't experienced such strange physics in many years.

Yeah it feels like you're piloting a big rectangular prism that can vaguely move around but has no idea what its environment is like. Vaulting will help a ton though I want other stuff like pressing against walls, climbing out windows, etc as well.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

One of the best things in this game is shooting at people who decide its a good idea to lay down after taking fire, so thank you
I'm just so tired...

Tried FPP and it's ok so far. I seem to be doing a little bit better than 3rd, but vehicles, man.

I should start dropping in hot areas because the last few games I've played it's just nothing for 10 minutes, then maybe I shoot someone, then I die with 10-20 left.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Bhodi posted:

Protip: if you have to loot for ten minutes, you've already lost.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

odiv posted:

I'm just so tired...

Tried FPP and it's ok so far. I seem to be doing a little bit better than 3rd, but vehicles, man.

I should start dropping in hot areas because the last few games I've played it's just nothing for 10 minutes, then maybe I shoot someone, then I die with 10-20 left.

Well there aren't stats yet for FPP so the theory is that people aren't playing it how they normally would, ie less mid game action. Maybe just take a break? Get a bike and create your own action?

If you just loot all game then die to a random person 20 minutes later the game isn't fun so... don't do that. Also don't play with boring people

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Oh yeah, definitely not looting for long. Mostly looting for the first couple mins where I drop then trying to get ahead of people to the circle. I think trying to start at out of the way places is probably what's causing it. Because then if I don't find a vehicle it's a long slog with no action, which is fine for maybe sneaking into the top 10, but is pretty bad for actually improving and such. Again I should probably just drop at higher density places.

Also, the amount I'm playing is pretty small and is nowhere near enough to gauge anything. Either way, fun game.

Confer
Feb 28, 2017

Bhodi posted:

If this game had a kill-cam it would ruin a core part of the gameplay. I wouldn't want to kill someone only for them to sell their teammates where they got shot from.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Confer posted:

If this game had a kill-cam it would ruin a core part of the gameplay. I wouldn't want to kill someone only for them to sell their teammates where they got shot from.
Kill cam would be fine in solo mode, that's what I've seen proposed.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

Confer posted:

so put it only in solo or the 3rd person mode that casuals like me play

Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

DrNutt posted:

Protip: if you have to loot for ten minutes, you've already lost.

Wish everyone I played with would realize this. Like how often do people shoot more then 30 bullets without getting a kill or dieing? Once I have a helmet, armor, and a rifle, anything else is just a bonus.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

I can't wait to see an end of game birds eye view of the map with a little video family circus style of every players route

Confer
Feb 28, 2017

Stealthgerbil posted:

Wish everyone I played with would realize this. Like how often do people shoot more then 30 bullets without getting a kill or dieing? Once I have a helmet, armor, and a rifle, anything else is just a bonus.

I play with some people that will land and then drive halfway across the map to get somewhere that hasn't been looted and then spend the rest of the game going from building to building looting even though they have a full loadout. It drives me NUTS.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

HolaMundo posted:

How the hell do you crouch jump out of windows?
I've seen people do it on the second floor of the barn for example but I just can't. I've no trouble crouch jumping fences or over barrels and other stuff but those drat windows are driving me crazy.

Soon as you spawn in the island before take off run to the lower buildings and practice. You can usually get 15-20 seconds of practice time.

Also I find that if you switch to first person view (temporarily) it is easier to time it.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Stealthgerbil posted:

Especially in squads. Like, I used to get salty when the rest of my time was finding rifles and poo poo and I got stuck with a shotgun and a pistol, but now I just roll with it and go when they go. Because come on, the rest of your team is gonna murk some dudes and then you'll get gear. It's a little rougher getting stuck with no range when you're solo but them's the breaks for playing alone.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

DrNutt posted:

Especially in squads. Like, I used to get salty when the rest of my time was finding rifles and poo poo and I got stuck with a shotgun and a pistol, but now I just roll with it and go when they go. Because come on, the rest of your team is gonna murk some dudes and then you'll get gear. It's a little rougher getting stuck with no range when you're solo but them's the breaks for playing alone.

Yea, I mean a lot of people don't realize you're probably better off with a teammate alive than having 30-60 more ammo or the next level of armor or whatever. The longer you loot, the higher your chances of getting picked off are. This is probably due to a number of things like how long its been since you've been able to spot parachutes as well as building confidence or frustration.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
the best part about looters is when they land somewhere where they don't see anyone else and then you come in and kill them because they are always spread out("No one else landed here, we're safe") and they always have lots of fun things to pick up.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Stealthgerbil posted:

For Squads I prefer having more ammo since destroying cars becomes way more viable and fights are generally longer, but I feel like there's tiers to this.

Needed:
Armor, Helmet, Backpack, Rifle (or some weapon combo with mid-range)

Important:
Scopes, Sights, First Aid, Grenades, more than 30 shots (since you can't always loot a kill)

Nice to Have:
Bandages, Boost Items, Smoke Grenades, Attachments, Extra Ammo, Better Armor, Better Helmets, pretty much everything.

Whatever:
Stun Grenades, Gas

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Last night, we ran a couple of fun games by using solo FPP modes on the EU server during non-peak times. Since there is no MMR in FPP right now, we all queued into the same game reliably. Anyway, the goals were pretty simple, get into the same game and fight eachother in a pre-selected area. However, one game, we decided to have a destruction derby. It turned out to be not that amazing... You see the new patch that "optimized" vehicle physics, means that vehicles rarely take damage from collisions with other vehicles and gone are the days of tapping another car to sending it hurtling into space. This is a major disappointment. Game is dead.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
I was thinking that if blue hole wanted to make people not just tank through the first circle or two they could make the blue erode your armor/helmet.
Would suck for the final circles though when you got no helmet.
I guess its a bad idea never mind.

RizieN
May 15, 2004

and it was still hot.
Unless you enjoy pain & misery & boredom looting is supposed to be done for you by the people you kill.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Doorknob Slobber posted:

the best part about looters is when they land somewhere where they don't see anyone else and then you come in and kill them because they are always spread out("No one else landed here, we're safe") and they always have lots of fun things to pick up.

Until they fix fuckin' invisible parachutes nobody should ever assume this and they deserve their death.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Lladre posted:

I was thinking that if blue hole wanted to make people not just tank through the first circle or two they could make the blue erode your armor/helmet.
Would suck for the final circles though when you got no helmet.
I guess its a bad idea never mind.

In Arma 3 Battle Royale, circle damage would hurt your body parts. Once enough damage was dealt, your arms would become super wobbly making it nearly impossible to shoot anyone and your legs would break, so you couldn't even run anymore. You'd be a one shot kill, because Arma had a weird dual health system where either your total HP or individual limb HP could be diminished enough to kill you. You could still drive a car just fine, though, but it meant that you had to enter the circle in a loud fashion and heal right away before you could even consider combat.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

With the amount of screeching I see from people dying to bugs and ~stream sniping~ I don't think people could handle betting on this game. It would definitely end up with someone getting stalked / swatted.

Crell
Nov 4, 2008

Hot Leggy Blonde, you
got it goin' on.
Our very own Linstar teaching Cyanidewolf how to control a motorcycle!

https://clips.twitch.tv/SmellyIronicNigiriGOWSkull

Confer
Feb 28, 2017

Crell posted:

This is the story of my life. And every time, without fail, it happens when I've got a pretty good load-out. gently caress me.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Enigma89 posted:

I think this screenshot really highlights the fact that the rating formula weighs heavily on volume. Compare that with this https://pubg.me/player/Enigma89/squad and see how much lower the rating is.

Not calling you out specifically, but it is interesting to see that rating really favors volume of games. The more you play, the higher your rating will be regardless if your stats are really that decent or not.

I don't know what you guys are debating, but I only have 60 NA Squad games and I was rank 850 last night...

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

Crell posted:

It's not the jumps that will kill you it's the bumps :(

cyanidewolf
Sep 1, 2007

Truly the corgiest of goodposts

Crell posted:

I refuse to feel bad about that!

Linstar
Apr 21, 2010
Please watch, follow, like, subscribe, and donate your life savings for more helpful tips!

cyanidewolf
Sep 1, 2007

Truly the corgiest of goodposts

Linstar posted:

Please watch, follow, like, subscribe, and donate your life savings for more helpful tips!

What needs to be donated to you is an avatar (star with eyes) and also name change to lowercase.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
just donate to me instead im hungry

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Doorknob Slobber posted:

just donate to me instead im hungry

Stop spending all your money on skirts.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
I thought some of you might get a chuckle out of this clip.

https://clips.twitch.tv/LazySparklingChimpanzeeFailFish

SMP
May 5, 2009

If we're sharing our clips...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_YhMfTITGQ

:perfect:

Confer
Feb 28, 2017

That was amazing. 10/10. The music really made it.

RizieN
May 15, 2004

and it was still hot.
That was dope, I wish there was a way to run cars off the bridge INTO the water...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Iv'e had a few matches now in FPP where I chase someone down because i didn't find any long range gun and they never look behind them when they are running.
So when they eventually stop at a tree to survey what's below the next ridge I can finally get to them and hit them with a shotgun.

• Locked thread