Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.

Forever_Peace posted:

The receivers are a pretty huge question mark. I could easily see Pryor-Doctson-Crowder-Reed be one of the best groups in football, but could just easily see a season where every receiver is pedestrian and Reed isn't playing for a dozen games.

Yeah, it really could go either way with regard to the receiving corps. Plus it's totally unclear to me whether losing McVay as play-caller is a huge deal or if it's nothing. That first preseason game gave me no confidence that it's nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
New BeerSheets: https://www.reddit.com/r/fantasyfootball/comments/6u5mn8/beersheets_20170816_cant_we_all_just_get_along/

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
This scoring system favors RBs with your first two picks if you are #8 out of 10 people, right?

Calculations:

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Any league that gives you points per rushing attempt is sure to favor a RB in general.

Those bonuses to receiving yards for WR will probably not even be a factor all season.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Hi I'm not saying to take him over Julio but Evans' YAC wasn't his fault it was Jameis and his poo poo rear end ball placement.

That having been said a lot of his value in fantasy was being the only game in town and he's not anymore.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
*the ghost of vincent jackson rattles his chains and moans* dooooooon't draaaft djaaax ooooutsiiide of bessstttbaaaaaaaalll

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Who the gently caress cares about YAC

Just draft the guy and play PPR leagues like a normal person also never take Evans over Julio the gently caress you thinking

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

you da best

Nice, my weird league beersheet is up. I assume I get preferred treatment because I'm a 4 year user and a goon.

RisqueBarber fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Aug 17, 2017

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Someone please let me see their dynasty auction startup cheat sheet. I can't find any dynasty auction values anywhere. I don't trust my judgement enough to adjust re-draft auction values to dynasty.

PPR
25 man rosters
$200 budget
1QB-2RB-2WR-1TE-3FLEX(RB/WR/TE)-16Bench

I have a custom beersheet made up, but it doesn't take into account all the extra bench slots (meaning you have to save more money than a re-draft leauge to fill those slots out), and the fact that it's a dynasty league.

Someone please help :(

RCarr fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Aug 17, 2017

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

RCarr posted:

Someone please let me see their dynasty auction startup cheat sheet. I can't find any dynasty auction values anywhere. I don't trust my judgement enough to adjust re-draft auction values to dynasty.

You can easily calculate auction values so long as you have rankings that give the relative value of the players. I don't know how accurate this site is, but here's an example of a site with relative values: http://www.dynastyfftools.com/tools/dashboard

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

RCarr posted:

PPR
25 man rosters
$200 budget

idk man, if it were me I'd probably just focus on trying to win this year first. On the whole I'd treat the draft largely the same as if it were a standard redraft auction except maybe I'd skew towards younger guys with bright futures when given the opportunity

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

timp posted:

idk man, if it were me I'd probably just focus on trying to win this year first. On the whole I'd treat the draft largely the same as if it were a standard redraft auction except maybe I'd skew towards younger guys with bright futures when given the opportunity

I so, so wish I had done this in my dynasty league formed in 2016. Allen Robinson is so young and was so good in 2015! Lamar Miller's got nowhere to go but up!

Now all my 1st, 2nd, 3rd round picks are 2nd, 3rd, 4th round picks in redraft. Another $100 down the drain this year :(

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

RCarr posted:

PPR
25 man rosters
$200 budget

I have a custom beersheet made up, but it doesn't take into account all the extra bench slots (meaning you have to save more money than a re-draft leauge to fill those slots out), and the fact that it's a dynasty league.

Someone please help :(

Use http://mizelle.net/mfl/2017/ to get a sense for how dynasty tends to differ from redraft. Just be sure you set it to "all post NFL draft mocks." You can change the year in the url to see past years. You really really should not just treat it as redraft. If you take Lesean McCoy in the 1st or Demarco Murray in the 2nd, you're going to be kicking yourself next year.

Edit: But of course the more that salary increases each year, the more you should treat it like redraft. If you can only keep studs for a year or two before having to dump them for cap reasons, then go get McCoy and Demarco early.

Butter Hole posted:

I so, so wish I had done this in my dynasty league formed in 2016. Allen Robinson is so young and was so good in 2015! Lamar Miller's got nowhere to go but up!

Now all my 1st, 2nd, 3rd round picks are 2nd, 3rd, 4th round picks in redraft. Another $100 down the drain this year :(

Both of those guys were highly picked in redraft too, so this doesn't really mean anything. If you'd taken like Amari Cooper top 5, or Doctson/Coleman/Treadwell top 40, then you'd have reason to gripe about how you should've treated it like redraft.

sourdough fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Aug 17, 2017

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yea I don't think "treat it like re-draft" or "focus on winning this year" are good tips for a dynasty startup...

I just want a dynasty auction values cheat sheet... how does a thing like this not exist? Every other aspect of fantasy football has a million different resources.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

RCarr posted:

Yea I don't think "treat it like re-draft" or "focus on winning this year" are good tips for a dynasty startup...

I just want a dynasty auction values cheat sheet... how does a thing like this not exist? Every other aspect of fantasy football has a million different resources.

That site I posted actually has an auction values generator: http://www.dynastyfftools.com/tools/aav-generator

But I can't speak to whether or not the generated values are any good. I haven't done any dynasty mock drafts.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

I can't get the site to load on my end. Not reddit, but the link in the post to the actual sheets.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
The year is 2050. America as we know it is gone, the land barren and desolate. Only pockets of humanity survive, hiding in caves dotted across the landscape.

Somewhere deep inside one of these caves, a lonely voice whispers, "should I keep Josh Gordon on my Dynasty bench?"

https://twitter.com/NateUlrichABJ/status/898229736870211584

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
free josh gordon

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

CompeAnansi posted:

You can easily calculate auction values so long as you have rankings that give the relative value of the players. I don't know how accurate this site is, but here's an example of a site with relative values: http://www.dynastyfftools.com/tools/dashboard

This doesn't let you change the roster size to anything but 20. Or am I missing something? I guess another 5 roster spots really shouldn't skew things too much though. I'll mess around with it, thanks.

Edit: I'm looking at the values it gives me, and they seem REALLY low. Like Odell Beckham at $37, Mike Evans $34, Antonio Brown $33. Does that sound right to people who have done a Dynasty Auction Startup before? I figured those guys would be going for $50+. And that's for a 20 person roster. A 25 person roster would lower those values even more, right?

RCarr fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Aug 17, 2017

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
What are everybody's thoughts about fantasy leagues that use an Injured Reserve spot? I'm commishing a league with three newbies this year so I figured an IR spot would help out people who don't quite know what to do with a top pick who gets injured for 4+ weeks. But I got one league mate who is being a real pain in the rear end about wanting it gone and I'm trying to convince him otherwise without having to pull the "I'm the commish. Deal with it." card. Thoughts?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

RCarr posted:

This doesn't let you change the roster size to anything but 20. Or am I missing something? I guess another 5 roster spots really shouldn't skew things too much though. I'll mess around with it, thanks.

Edit: I'm looking at the values it gives me, and they seem REALLY low. Like Odell Beckham at $37, Mike Evans $34, Antonio Brown $33. Does that sound right to people who have done a Dynasty Auction Startup before? I figured those guys would be going for $50+. And that's for a 20 person roster. A 25 person roster would lower those values even more, right?

I have not done an auction dynasty draft, but I agree those sound too low in the sense that I doubt those guys go so cheaply when you actually draft. However, the wire is so much more barren in a 20+ roster dynasty league than a typical redraft that these might be properly valuing depth in some objective way.

If you don't think those are reasonable, you could kind of mash up dynasty adp and beersheets, right? E.g., replace "WR#n" in beersheets with the dynasty "WR#n" from mizelle adp. You still won't be taking account of the extra bench spots, but at least then you'll get another source of auction values to think about.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Tiptoes posted:

What are everybody's thoughts about fantasy leagues that use an Injured Reserve spot? I'm commishing a league with three newbies this year so I figured an IR spot would help out people who don't quite know what to do with a top pick who gets injured for 4+ weeks. But I got one league mate who is being a real pain in the rear end about wanting it gone and I'm trying to convince him otherwise without having to pull the "I'm the commish. Deal with it." card. Thoughts?

I have had 2 IR slots in my 10 team league since the beginning and it's never been an issue

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
a key thing with IR slots is making sure everyone understands how they work- is a player eligible only if they're on the actual NFL IR? What if they're just out? If someone loses eligibility do they immediately get pushed back to your roster? Make sure you have all of that figured out and shared with the league beforehand.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

well on ESPN, if a player is marked as Out they can be moved to IR and you can pick up someone else on waivers. If the player's status is no longer Out, then you have to make room again for him on your roster.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Varg posted:

well on ESPN, if a player is marked as Out they can be moved to IR and you can pick up someone else on waivers. If the player's status is no longer Out, then you have to make room again for him on your roster.

Once their status is no longer listed as Out, you cannot make ANY roster moves (trades/free agency/waivers) before taking the player off of IR and moving them back onto your active roster.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

MacheteZombie posted:

I can't get the site to load on my end. Not reddit, but the link in the post to the actual sheets.

Not sure why. Works for me. PM me what sheet you want.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

The reason there are no Dynasty cheat sheets is because there is no standard Dynasty format. Every league is different and the differences multiply across years of ownership. Not just scoring but cost of keeping, acceleration of salaries, use of or not use of contracts, treatment of rookies, rookie drafts, taxi squads, IR slots, maximum numbers of trades, using FAAB vs. some other method to determine free agent salaries, IDP, it just goes on and on and on.

No dynasty cheat sheet you could find would be helpful and most would be actively misleading.

This is actually cool and good. Every owner is on their own and can't get a leg up by having the bestest cheat sheet. You will have to look over your particular league's setup and rules, learn about the players, and then spend what seems right to you based on your own analysis. Just like a real NFL team GM. Congrats, you are now playing Big Boy Fantasy Football.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
1. Melvin Gordon vs. Devonta Freeman.

Go

2. Am I the only one down on Ajayi and Howard? I just can't bring myself to draft a potential one year wonder on the league's worst offense that'll face nothing but stacked boxes, aka Gurley last year (Howard). Then Ajayi, dude only had a few big games that inflated his stats. Granted, they were BIG games. And Gase tends to lean on a lead cowbell back. But, I just can't do it in the 1st or 2nd. Although, I know some people are crowning Ayaji to be the steal that Lamar Miller :barf: was supposed to be last year (that I fell for). I'd rather have DeMarco Murray over Ajayi and Howard.

The only thing about say, drafting Freeman and Murray, is that you're gonna have to burn higher picks for Henry and Coleman. BUT, do that and you're RB1 & 2 spots are set with two RB1's.

89 fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Aug 17, 2017

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
Freeman.

Tevin Coleman has been such a non-factor in terms of taking away fantasy value from freeman for 2 years now.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

89 posted:

1. Melvin Gordon vs. Devonta Freeman.

Go

2. Am I the only one down on Ajayi and Howard? I just can't bring myself to draft a potential one year wonder on the league's worst offense that'll face nothing but stacked boxes, aka Gurley last year (Howard). Then Ajayi, dude only had a few big games that inflated his stats. Granted, they were BIG games. And Gase tends to lean on a lead cowbell back. But, I just can't do it in the 1st or 2nd. Although, I know some people are crowning Ayaji to be the steal that Lamar Miller :barf: was supposed to be last year (that I fell for).

I picked 5th overall, took LeSean and then Ajayi he fell to me in the 2nd. I couldn't pass him up being my RB2 although I feel your concern with him.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

1. Freeman > Gordon.
2. Ajayi >>>>>Howard.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

RisqueBarber posted:

I picked 5th overall, took LeSean and then Ajayi he fell to me in the 2nd. I couldn't pass him up being my RB2 although I feel your concern with him.

I figure if Murray goes before my 2nd pick (#8 out of 10), I'll have to pick Ajayi unless Jordy is still there.

Shady is best case scenario. But since the Zeke stuff, I HIGHLY doubt I end up with Shady at #8.

But, seriously, somebody say stuff that convinces me Ajayi is a safe pick. Dude seriously dropped off last year after his big games.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

89 posted:

2. Am I the only one down on Ajayi and Howard? I just can't bring myself to draft a potential one year wonder on the league's worst offense that'll face nothing but stacked boxes, aka Gurley last year (Howard). Then Ajayi, dude only had a few big games that inflated his stats. Granted, they were BIG games. And Gase tends to lean on a lead cowbell back. But, I just can't do it in the 1st or 2nd. Although, I know some people are crowning Ayaji to be the steal that Lamar Miller :barf: was supposed to be last year (that I fell for). I'd rather have DeMarco Murray over Ajayi and Howard.

The only thing about say, drafting Freeman and Murray, is that you're gonna have to burn higher picks for Henry and Coleman. BUT, do that and you're RB1 & 2 spots are set with two RB1's.

Every mock draft I've done has one of these as my pick and I hate both decisions. I somewhat feel better about Howard than I do Ajayi though since Howard at least has a really good line. But I'm also the guy who got burned by Gurley last year sooo I pray both are gone by the time I actually pick.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

RCarr posted:

It would make sense for a $100 budget, might want to double check that

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt
Messing around with a few different online draft analyzers with Mock Drafts.

Which draft would you say went better?

12 Man Standard 6 PATD scoring

Draft 1:
L. Bell
J. Ajayi
D. Baldwin
J. Mixon
M. Bryant
M. Gillislee
W. Snead
D. Martin
J. Graham
M. Mariota
J. Winston
E. Ebron
K. White
R. Anderson
Panthers D/ST
W. Lutz

Draft 2:
L. Bell
J. Howard
D. Bryant
M. Crabtree
B. Powell
M. Mariota
J. Graham
J. Crowder
D. Henry
K. Britt
J. Matthews
P. Rivers
J. White
J. Conner
Panthers D/ST
M. Prater

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

The reason there are no Dynasty cheat sheets is because there is no standard Dynasty format. Every league is different and the differences multiply across years of ownership. Not just scoring but cost of keeping, acceleration of salaries, use of or not use of contracts, treatment of rookies, rookie drafts, taxi squads, IR slots, maximum numbers of trades, using FAAB vs. some other method to determine free agent salaries, IDP, it just goes on and on and on.

No dynasty cheat sheet you could find would be helpful and most would be actively misleading.

This is actually cool and good. Every owner is on their own and can't get a leg up by having the bestest cheat sheet. You will have to look over your particular league's setup and rules, learn about the players, and then spend what seems right to you based on your own analysis. Just like a real NFL team GM. Congrats, you are now playing Big Boy Fantasy Football.

Nothing scares me more than having to depend on myself to assign value to players.

Drunk Nerds posted:

It would make sense for a $100 budget, might want to double check that

Yea I agree with that. I put a $200 budget in the parameters though. Not sure if it's an error on their side?

RCarr fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Aug 17, 2017

mike-
Jul 9, 2004

Phillipians 1:21

Doltos posted:

I need to do my yearly rookie evaluation report to save people from plodders like C.J. Prosise and Devontae Booker. Samaje is in the same spot, Oklahoma only used him because Mixon sucked between the tackles.

C.J. Prosise a plodder? Am I missing the joke here?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Leperflesh posted:

1. Freeman > Gordon.
2. Ajayi >>>>>Howard.

What he said

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Alfalfa posted:

Every mock draft I've done has one of these as my pick and I hate both decisions. I somewhat feel better about Howard than I do Ajayi though since Howard at least has a really good line. But I'm also the guy who got burned by Gurley last year sooo I pray both are gone by the time I actually pick.

Totally honest, I absolutely hate the 2nd round when you get past DeMarco and Jordy. I hate Dez, Howard, Amari, Fournette, Cooks, etc.

Only ones I can see value in the 2nd round are Gurley and TY past that initial turn from the 1st to the 2nd. I would say Gronk, but I think he's too expensive with Kelce, Olsen, & Graham later on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Alfalfa posted:

Messing around with a few different online draft analyzers with Mock Drafts.

Which draft would you say went better?

12 Man Standard 6 PATD scoring

Draft 1:
L. Bell
J. Ajayi
D. Baldwin
J. Mixon
M. Bryant
M. Gillislee
W. Snead
D. Martin
J. Graham