Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Szyznyk posted:

Because Nick Dipaulo was just too goddamned liberal.

Nick has his own show on sirius/XM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Kelly posted:

JFC that apartment is the size of a closet. What must it smell like?

Jizz and piss?

mrhappytongue
Oct 13, 2003

by Lowtax

wesleywillis posted:

Jizz and piss?

bleach and piss

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Animal waste, oysters, and yeast.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Laughing my rear end off at Howard getting pissed at his employees this week and callers rightfully calling him out. Stern was being an rear end in a top hat because people who work for him have opportunities to do other things sometimes.

Geekslinger
Jan 30, 2005

BiggerBoat posted:

Laughing my rear end off at Howard getting pissed at his employees this week and callers rightfully calling him out. Stern was being an rear end in a top hat because people who work for him have opportunities to do other things sometimes.

The Ronnie thing is dumb because he has no lines and is just a background extra, but I still get irritated with him being such a dick over Richard's cameo in Guardians 2.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
Doesn't HPE live in a flop house with a shared dorm-style bathroom? In that case I imagine they are piss bottles since he's probably too loving lazy to walk down to the bathroom.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

an adult beverage posted:

Doesn't HPE live in a flop house with a shared dorm-style bathroom? In that case I imagine they are piss bottles since he's probably too loving lazy to walk down to the bathroom.

I think that's right. He lived in the same building as Joey Boots, right?

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

This should have been Artie and Gilbert.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

BiggerBoat posted:

I think that's right. He lived in the same building as Joey Boots, right?

Yeah, Boots had a high roller room that had it's own bathroom.

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012

Geekslinger posted:

The Ronnie thing is dumb because he has no lines and is just a background extra, but I still get irritated with him being such a dick over Richard's cameo in Guardians 2.

when howard gets on a tear about how people only got things because theyre on the howard stern show i disagree with him a lot. maybe thats why they got heard, but people liked what they were hearing. isnt that why howard put them on the first place?

if i had some kind of magical opportunity id love to hire richard for it. hes such a sweet boy

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world

Geekslinger posted:

Its funny because I think he said he would make more money if he was actually driving limos for the movie instead of being in it....
But yah, its the sale old rap Howard has always had.
He forgets that during private parts the studio built him an apartment at silvercup and filmed around his schedule.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Don't forget him guilt tripping Artie into oblivion for taking a few weeks off to make Beer League.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Crotch Bat posted:

Don't forget him guilt tripping Artie into oblivion for taking a few weeks off to make Beer League.

Lol wasn't his schedule hosed because he was driving 4 hours per day to pick up heroin though?

Geekslinger
Jan 30, 2005

Well the Richard thing irritates me because you could hear how hurt Richard was just in his voice. He even says at one point can't you just be happy for me? For him it wasn't about the money it was all about getting to dress up and being on set, he was legitimately stoked.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Wasn't it literally one goddamned day of work?

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

haljordan posted:

Wasn't it literally one goddamned day of work?

And he did it on his own time, with no interference with his duties to the show.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

I think the most damning thing is that Richard was in one of the biggest movies of the year, and Howard's first response wasn't to promote it but rather to piss all over it because the world has passed him by.

Nothing is sadder than the inflated ego of a shockjock that nobody really cares for anymore. Richard really deserves better.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I kind of hate Howard now. If not hate, then I just flat out really dislike him. I haven't even listened to any clips in probably months. I'm... I'm all show'd out, goons :negative:

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I'm... I'm all show'd out, goons :negative:

You're not missing much. There's still all of the old material that we can always go back and listen to.

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

I kind of hate Howard now. If not hate, then I just flat out really dislike him. I haven't even listened to any clips in probably months. I'm... I'm all show'd out, goons :negative:

I just wish there was a popular, up and coming voice that would call him out on his poo poo, like he used to do to Imus (which he's essentially become).
I mean, I get that people change, but just wish he could taste what he used to dish out, and I'd like to see his reaction.
sorry I sound so jaded, but the whole shooting down Richard thing really bothers me.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Kragger99 posted:

I just wish there was a popular, up and coming voice that would call him out on his poo poo, like he used to do to Imus (which he's essentially become).
I mean, I get that people change, but just wish he could taste what he used to dish out, and I'd like to see his reaction.
sorry I sound so jaded, but the whole shooting down Richard thing really bothers me.

What do you do for a living??

Seaside Loafer
Feb 7, 2012

Waiting for a train, I needed a shit. You won't bee-lieve what happened next

I packed it in finally in 2012. But have to say thats 20 loving solid years of good almost every day. Cant say the same for my programming :)

Im just hosed off I cant find a replacement with the same level of output. There are some radio shows and people I find funny but I dont want any loving music and I dont want hour long podcasts to download and faff around with. Just want 4-5 straight hours goofy rapping where it can act as white noise when you arent interested in whats going on, it makes the day go by which I just cant find a replacement for.

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.

Geekslinger posted:

Well the Richard thing irritates me because you could hear how hurt Richard was just in his voice. He even says at one point can't you just be happy for me? For him it wasn't about the money it was all about getting to dress up and being on set, he was legitimately stoked.

Link to audio?

Geekslinger
Jan 30, 2005

Transmodiar posted:

Link to audio?

The Richard part was from a show about 3 months back.

EDIT: Found it - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bB61AslWPo&t=2050s

quote:

Marks Friggin Said:
Howard said he hard Richard is in the new Guardians of the Galaxy. Richard said he has a line in it. He said he says ''Down there!'' Howard asked why they let him do that. Richard said he's been friends with James the director for a long time. Howard asked how long he had to be on set. Richard said it was for the day. He said it was so cool. He said he sat next to Kurt Russell in the make up trailer. He said the movie is hilarious. Robin said she wants to see it.

Howard said it's a big deal to be in a movie like that. He said it is a waste of a day though. Robin asked what else he's going to do, look for more poo poo to sit in? Richard said it was an awesome day for him. Howard asked if he talked to Kurt Russell. Richard said he didn't want to bother him. He said the wrestler Batista is great in the movie. Howard said he's so sick of wrestlers becoming actors. Richard said it's kind of acting when they wrestle. Howard said it's not good acting. Howard said that John Cena wasn't good in the Amy Schumer movie. Howard said that The rock has that dumb tattoo on him too. Richard said he thinks it's cool. Howard said Richard should get some pride and ask for a full part. He said it's like what Stan Lee does in every Marvel movie. Howard said he looks like a senile old man in what they do with him. Richard said he wanted to be in the movie. Howard said of course he did. He told him to get out. Howard said they make a billion dollar movie and they have Richard in it as a goof. Howard said they're goofing on Richard. Richard said no.

Howard said this happens with the directors who listen to the show. Richard said Howard can't be happy for him. Howard said he can be happy for him having a baby and stooping drinking. He said seeing him pop up for half a second in Guardians of the Galaxy he can't. He said he's just being goofed on. Richard said he doesn't think so. Howard told him to get out.

Howard took a call from a guy who said he sounds extra whiny this morning. He said everyone wants to be in the movies. Howard asked the guy what he does for a living. the guy said he works in the oil fields. Howard asked the guy if they put him in the movie as a goof would he like it. Howard ended up hanging up on the guy. Howard said that what this guy does is important. He said if the boss wanted to replace him with another guy who had no experience he'd be upset.

Howard said that he believes in Richard and gave him a real job. Howard said if this guy believes in Richard then give him the Bradley Cooper part or the Kurt Russell part. Howard said you put him in for a second it's a goof. Howard said it's like having a guy come in and hold a scalpel for a doctor for a second.

Geekslinger fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Aug 17, 2017

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

So was Howard in men in black 3 a goof? He didn't even have a line

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
The last role Howard was offered (if you believe him) was a Robin Williams movie nobody saw.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Sand Monster posted:

You're not missing much. There's still all of the old material that we can always go back and listen to.

No, I mean I don't even feel like going back and listening to any of the old stuff. :smith: That's what I haven't done in months.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

No, I mean I don't even feel like going back and listening to any of the old stuff. :smith: That's what I haven't done in months.

Oh! :rip:

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Someone finally threw worse than Gary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2SaHkU2aZ0

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Howard being pissy about people working for him doing anything outside the show is old news. Yes, Howard has a point that they are mostly using them for free promotion from the show (specially Ronnie, who would ever WANT him in their movie?), but why give into it by being a little bitch about it? Just acknowledge it, be happy for your guys, and move on.

What is REALLY pissing me off is the current events bubble that Howard is moving into. Typical old man behavior.. except that even Imus is more topical.

I'm two hours into Monday's show, and so far not ONE mention of all the poo poo that went down while he was on vacation. Yes, JD camping was fun, but I used to tune in after big news events just to hear Howard's take on it, since he often had something interesting to say. Now it's relegated to Robin's News, when he already has one foot out the door. Maybe he feels guilty for helping to build the cult of Trump? I dunno, he has always raged against people expressing anti-Semitic opinions in public, but he isn't angry about what happened last weekend?

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

I like how little effort Robin puts into the news, her actual job on the show. She must get handed those stories like five seconds before the segment

Two Kings
Nov 1, 2004

Get the scientists working on the tube technology, immediately.

Seaside Loafer posted:

Im just hosed off I cant find a replacement with the same level of output. There are some radio shows and people I find funny but I dont want any loving music and I dont want hour long podcasts to download and faff around with. Just want 4-5 straight hours goofy rapping where it can act as white noise when you arent interested in whats going on, it makes the day go by which I just cant find a replacement for.

I've come to terms with the fact that there will never be anyone that comes close to the level of talent and sheer output that the HSS created over the last 30+ years. For a lot of reasons it will never happen again. Most of the podcasts out are poo poo and the few I like only last an hour for the most part. I've kind of resigned myself to best of complications because there's nothing like the HSS to entertain me for as long and as often.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Two Kings posted:

I've come to terms with the fact that there will never be anyone that comes close to the level of talent and sheer output that the HSS created over the last 30+ years. For a lot of reasons it will never happen again. Most of the podcasts out are poo poo and the few I like only last an hour for the most part. I've kind of resigned myself to best of complications because there's nothing like the HSS to entertain me for as long and as often.

Truth. I enjoy Gilbert's podcast, but it just isn't comparable.

The only other podcasts I like were already 1/2 hour to 1 hour radio shows, like Marketplace.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Bubba's here, not paying his taxes, smoking dope like a madman, and broadcasting over the AM signal like it's 1986. And mooching poo poo from listeners through his Amazon wish list.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

haljordan posted:

I like how little effort Robin puts into the news, her actual job on the show. She must get handed those stories like five seconds before the segment

"Howard. Have you heard about the ... uh... the dead... uh... the terrorist that was killed... or... that killed 3 people in France.... Paris, France?"

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Szyznyk posted:

Bubba's here, not paying his taxes, smoking dope like a madman, and broadcasting over the AM signal like it's 1986. And mooching poo poo from listeners through his Amazon wish list.

I need to know more about this.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Lifespan posted:

"Howard. Have you heard about the ... uh... the dead... uh... the terrorist that was killed... or... that killed 3 people in France.... Paris, France?"

And if its anything remotely interesting at all and Howard asks her a question about it its always
" Well I'm not sure that's just what it says here. "

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Lifespan posted:

*45 seconds of shuffling paper noise*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

After listening to Adam Carolla's podcast for a while it really made me appreciate how good Howard is at doing his show. Never mind his politics, Adam will repeat the same stories and the same rants every other week, and he's repeated them for years. Then he'll play audio from car races. Just engine sounds... on an audio podcast. That's unforgivable.

I'll complain about Howard's current show too, but nobody has ever come close to filling his shoes.