Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

bornbytheriver posted:

Can someone please layout in simple terms, for us the common people, what tape/horses and poo poo you guys are chatting about?

Pence tweeted a Reagan quote that could be interpreted by sardonic internet weirdos to be endorsing having sex with horses, so of course it immediately was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

bornbytheriver posted:

Can someone please layout in simple terms, for us the common people, what tape/horses and poo poo you guys are chatting about?

Trump had two hookers piss on a bed that Obama slept in (possibly true)

Pence hosed a horse (probably not true)

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

Wubalubadubdub should be an anti-fascist chant.

bornbytheriver posted:

Mike pence let a horse piss on him while Trump filmed it. It's what Putin did to him, so now he does it to all of his underlings. Trump offered to let hookers do it, but Pence chose the horse instead since he isn't comfortable with women other than his Mother(wife)

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
I found stroopwafels in the kitchen so I am personally going to eliminate them! :patriot:

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
The President has pivoted from defense of Nazis to upholding an apocryphal war crime as a model for US military conduct.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

bornbytheriver posted:

https://twitter.com/VP/status/863182608552906755

bornbytheriver
Apr 23, 2010

evilweasel posted:

mike pence hosed a horse

oh well. that's all right. david cameron molested a pig. the story lasted one day.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

bornbytheriver posted:

piss tape = it is widely alleged the russians have blackmail on trump, including a video of hookers pissing on trump. almost certainly doesn't exist but it's still funny

horse tape = tweet which implies mike pence had sex with a horse

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://mobile.twitter.com/profmusgrave/status/898250369184280580

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009
RE: Jon St John (aka Duke Nukem)

https://twitter.com/JSJisDuke/status/838942640448000000

I think he would be down for recording some kind of rebuttal or something :)

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

haveblue posted:

Pence tweeted a Reagan quote that could be interpreted by sardonic internet weirdos to be endorsing having sex with horses, so of course it immediately was.

Tbf, for some reason a horse cartoon got super popular and suddenly parts of the worst parts of the internet now want to gently caress horses.

edit: Reminder, after the RNC, some regressive talking head said that Donnie's wife was not plagiarizing Ms. Obama, but a line from a pony episode.

PhazonLink fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Aug 17, 2017

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

So basically life sucks after fourty

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Mahoning posted:

And it allowed them to pull the classic argument (that I've seen a lot over the last few days):

"Wasn't it the DEMOCRATS that formed the KKK and are the real racists??? :smug:"

https://twitter.com/Xenos_RIFS/status/898051332929605634

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Yes but since I turned 10 in 1992 it's actually correct for me.

Randbrick
Sep 28, 2002

hanales posted:

So I'll pay 100 bucks and then lose the card in my car and forget to ever go there for the entire year?
Also, there is less food, but the food is free.

One chapter a buddy of mine goes to has these Vietnamese monks who bring in spring rolls and they're really good.

There is also no promise of food, and no promise of Buddhist chefs. Not since Leonard Cohen passed.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.
thread, I'm European so I'm not following Charlottesville's new stuff as closely as you are: has McCain been deeply disturbed yet or is the disturbing slowly developing as we speak

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Kawabata posted:

thread, I'm European so I'm not following Charlottesville's new stuff as closely as you are: has McCain been deeply disturbed yet or is the disturbing slowly developing as we speak

McCain is largely out of the picture now, Trump has disowned him after the healthcare vote and he is off in cancer treatment and vacationing.

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Oh poo poo. I am 30 now. This is pretty accurate. America much worse this year than last year.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Kawabata posted:

Unless I'm mistaken he was one of the first prominent Republicans to make a clear and condemning statement about white supremacy and one of the few to criticize Trump by name.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Kawabata posted:

mccain made a statement that went out of its way to remind people confederates were traitors

it was a pretty good statement

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://mobile.twitter.com/carney/status/898297365706178560

"Corporate Antifa"

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

opposing trump is apparently opposing facism according to brietbart

well, ok

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Kawabata posted:

I think he may actually be approaching "alarmed and disturbed"

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

evilweasel posted:

I hadn't heard that, that's really interesting. What do you mean by that - feeling out a party switch, feeling out how hard Dems would run against them if they did so and see if they'd get some cover to deal with the loss from their base, or what? I don't quite get what they'd be discussing.

The latter, and that’s directly from a democratic member of the cabinet. The discussion she’s been involved in has been about a unity ticket and what democratic support would look like for it. I’m going to be back in Nashville this weekend so I’ll pump her for more information.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Trump had two hookers piss on a bed that Obama slept in (possibly true)

Wait, wait, wait.

THAT'S what the piss tape is about? I thought it contained footage of Trump getting pissed on by Russian hookers.

If that's not the case, then this alleged tape is even more uncontroversial than I thought. This would energize conservatives more than anything. I'm surprised Trump himself hasn't released it if that's the case.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

What the gently caress is a Corporate Antifa? Is that what they're calling the corporations that pulled out of that council? I know I could answer these questions myself but I really don't want to read Brietbart today.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
https://www.spectator.co.uk/2017/08/forget-charlottesville-russia-is-still-the-true-trump-scandal/

some big tory paper is taring into trump, says mannafort and other dude turned on him and piss tape is real.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Glazier posted:

The latter, and that’s directly from a democratic member of the cabinet. The discussion she’s been involved in has been about a unity ticket and what democratic support would look like for it. I’m going to be back in Nashville this weekend so I’ll pump her for more information.

well that's interesting as all loving hell

the big problem would be making sure that whoever got the governorship would make sure that a republican gerrymander (of both the state legislature and the house) didn't pass and that it was neutral

Randbrick
Sep 28, 2002
I personally believe in the piss tape. I can't prove it but I believe it.

Also that Reagan quote is really poorly worded. It sounds like a sex joke, it's just a terribly awkward way to say, "Riding horses is fun! (Men)" it's a fairly awkward gendered statement that just sounds weirdly over designed. Weird. You'd have to be linguistically tone deaf to say that.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

STAC Goat posted:

What the gently caress is a Corporate Antifa? Is that what they're calling the corporations that pulled out of that council? I know I could answer these questions myself but I really don't want to read Brietbart today.

MAGA morons have been brainwashed into thinking Antifa is an evil violent left organization. So, they are slapping that word onto any opponent they can.

I pointed out to someone that antifa means anti-fascist and they couldn't explain why that was bad.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Dapper_Swindler posted:

https://www.spectator.co.uk/2017/08/forget-charlottesville-russia-is-still-the-true-trump-scandal/

some big tory paper is taring into trump, says mannafort and other dude turned on him and piss tape is real.

not just piss tape it claims that worse than the piss tape is real

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

evilweasel posted:

not just piss tape it claims that worse than the piss tape is real

It paywalled me. Quick summary?

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

evilweasel posted:

opposing trump is apparently opposing facism according to brietbart

well, ok

I mean they aren't wrong

bornbytheriver
Apr 23, 2010

Every time I see this sort of imbecility, I have to remind myself that all the crap both Frump and Pence tweet about is pure distraction. While people are talking about Moscow hotels, hookers and horses, there is almost no coverage of the executive orders and appointments And more depressingly because people are busy speculating about this bullshit, no pressure is being put on the Democrats to mobilize around the candidates that have some resonance with voters.

gently caress Pence. He looks like the burn victim from The English Patient

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

Wubalubadubdub should be an anti-fascist chant.

R&M Season 1 spoilers:

But we want THEM to be "in great pain"!

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

It paywalled me. Quick summary?

you could do a quick ctrl-a, ctrl-c and grab it before the paywall covered it:

quote:

Forget Charlottesville – Russia is still the true Trump scandal
Why has a friendly tabloid exposed a sex scandal in the President’s ranks?

The National Enquirer presented Trump watchers with a mystery last week. Why did it print an attack on Donald Trump’s former campaign manager, Paul Manafort? A headline screamed: ‘Trump advisor sex scandal — Paul Manafort’s sick affair.’ A 68-year-old man’s alleged dalliance with a ‘hottie half his age’ might seem a trivial subject to discuss as the US convulses over the issue of race once again, this time after a white supremacist killed a woman protester in Charlottesville, Virginia. President Trump has electrified supporters and opponents alike by siding with those who want to keep the town’s statue of the Confederate general, Robert E. Lee.

And sex, politics and celebrity are the Enquirer’s usual stock-in-trade. Recent ‘bombshell world exclusives’ include ‘Supreme court justice Scalia — murdered by a hooker’ (she was ‘hired by the CIA to inject poison into his buttocks’) and ‘Clinton sex romp caught on video!’about Bill being filmed ‘having steamy sex in a pickup truck with a department store clerk’.

But the Enquirer is a Trump ally, owned by a rich friend. It was one of the few national publications to predict his victory in last year’s presidential election. Why now a hit piece on the one man he must surely need to keep onside in the Russia investigation? One answer: Manafort has been ‘flipped’.

Reports in US publications say it was Manafort who told the FBI about a meeting between Trump’s eldest son, Donald Jr, and a Russian lawyer linked to the Kremlin. That would be terrible news for the President if true: the FBI’s investigation into alleged collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia now being assisted by the manager of that campaign.

Manafort’s spokesman denies it, and the evidence as to whether he is trying to save his own skin at Trump’s expense remains ambiguous. The FBI carried out a dawn raid at Manafort’s home in Virginia last week; why was that necessary if he is a cooperating witness? Perhaps he has given up some information, but not all. The Enquirer story could be interpreted as a dead fish left on his doorstep (the traditional Sicilian warning that things could get very bad if you sing).

‘If’, ‘could’, ‘perhaps’, ‘reports’, ‘alleged’ — most stories about the US President and Russia are nailed together with such words. The specifics of the ‘collusion’ allegation are claims that the Trump campaign told Russian intelligence which Democrats to hack, and then worked together with them to make sure that WikiLeaks, Fox, Breitbart and Russia Today all left the resulting dirty laundry flapping in the wind. In fairness to President Trump, it must be pointed out that so far no evidence has emerged to prove such a treasonous conspiracy. The few things we do know are open to wildly different interpretations.

Take Donald Jr’s meeting with the Russian lawyer. He admits its purpose was to get dirt on Hillary from the Russian government. This undid months of denials during which the White House often sounded like a shocked and offended maiden aunt accused of debauchery with the pool boy. (‘Trump denies sick affair with barechested Russian stud!) Other details of the meeting seem to help the White House. A jaunty, vulgar British PR man named Rob Goldstone was the unlikely intermediary. You might think that his help would hardly have been needed if there really were a backchannel to the Kremlin in June last year. On the other hand, such baroque arrangements might be the kind of thing that intelligence services go in for. For years, the intermediary between MI6 and the IRA was the owner of a Londonderry chip shop, Brendan Duddy.

It is the same with the intercepts of Trump’s people talking to the Russians, the subject of so much feverish speculation in Washington. There is no single conversation revealing a grand conspiracy — at least according to two members of the ‘intelligence community’ who have seen the top-secret material. However, a third source told me: ‘There is a conspiracy in the SIGINT [signals intelligence] — just not in one or two intercepts. Hence no literal “smoking gun”. But cumulatively…’ This SIGINT is mostly said to be what is termed ‘reflections’; that is others talking about the relationship between Team Trump and Moscow. Some of the calls are said to involve senior Kremlin officials: ‘By itself, not enough for indictments but a disturbing picture.’ Other sources have told me there have still been a suspiciously large number of direct contacts between Trump’s people and various Russians: ‘Dozens.’

A vague outline of the truth is starting to emerge from the fog. It is that the Russians made continual attempts to get close to Trump and his associates, part of what the US intelligence agencies all agree was a Kremlin plot to subvert the election. Trump’s supporters believe that any such approaches never went anywhere (as Jr says happened with his meeting) or that the tough New York property developer from The Apprentice was playing the Russians without being played himself. Trump’s enemies, believing him to be a man with no moral compass, imagine he was only too eager to take whatever was being offered: information; weird sex in a Moscow hotel room; money, lots of it, for his businesses.

This is why it is so important that the FBI investigation, led by a special counsel, Robert Mueller, now appears to be reaching back into Trump’s business past. Mueller’s team of prosecutors includes a number of experts in money-laundering and New York real estate. The US media is speculating that he is trying to build an old-fashioned wire fraud, tax evasion and racketeering case against Trump. This is a neuralgic issue for the President. In a New York Times interview he agreed that any investigation of his finances was a ‘red line’ Mueller should not cross. ‘I would say yeah. I would say yes. By the way, I would say, I don’t — I don’t — I mean, it’s possible there’s a condo or something, so, you know, I sell a lot of condo units, and somebody from Russia buys a condo, who knows?’ Trump’s most recent partner in ‘selling a lot of condos’ was a man called Felix Sater. Sater was once jailed for stabbing a man in the face with the broken stem of a martini glass. He was convicted of a massive stock fraud — a partnership between the Russian and Italian-American mafias — but stayed out of jail by becoming an FBI informant.

For several weeks there have been rumours that Sater is ready to rat again, agreeing to help Mueller. ‘He has told family and friends he knows he and POTUS are going to prison,’ someone talking to Mueller’s investigators informed me. Sater himself added fuel to this fire when he told New York magazine last week: ‘In about the next 30 to 35 days, I will be the most colourful character you have ever talked about. Unfortunately, I can’t talk about it now, before it happens. And believe me, it ain’t anything as small as whether or not they’re gonna call me to the Senate committee.’

Sater and Manafort together would pose a deadly threat to Trump’s presidency if they testify that Russian money in his businesses led to information being exchanged with Russian intelligence. This is exactly the relationship — an ‘exchange running between them for at least eight years’ — that the former MI6 officer Christopher Steele described in his ‘dossier’. At a news conference this week at his New Jersey golf club, the President bizarrely asserted that the Steele dossier had been paid for by Russia in order to damage him. This is the latest twist in Trump’s response to the dossier, which began with flat denials in January that he had been filmed by Russian intelligence with prostitutes in a Moscow hotel room.

That remains unproven. Nevertheless, Steele is not the only source. I heard of Russian kompromat — compromising material — on Trump from two sources months before the Steele dossier came to light. That might be evidence for Trump’s statement that Russian intelligence, as well as the US agencies, are out to get him. There are, though, reports of witnesses in the hotel who corroborate Steele’s reporting. These include an American who’s said to have seen a row with hotel security over whether the (alleged) hookers would be allowed up to Trump’s suite. The dossier’s account of hookers in a Moscow hotel room was the subject of gossip among a select group of journalists, politicians, and intelligence people for months before it was published. Now, claims are circulating of more tapes showing even more extreme behaviour. Expect these allegations to emerge in due course.

Some Republicans in Congress are tiring of the Trump reality show, a mix of The Sopranos and the Kardashians. The Mueller inquiry plods along relentlessly but prosecuting a president is a political decision. Reckless as ever, the President has tweeted criticism of the Senate’s Republican leader, Mitch McConnell, whose help he will need if Mueller finds anything damning. The President’s ordinary supporters don’t care. They fear that they are losing their country — this was an election above all about race; all else is trivia to them, an Enquirer headline.

Even if all the allegations are shown to be true, Trump will simply emerge as the person they supposed him to be when they voted for him.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

evilweasel posted:

well that's interesting as all loving hell

the big problem would be making sure that whoever got the governorship would make sure that a republican gerrymander (of both the state legislature and the house) didn't pass and that it was neutral

Yeah, that’ll be a big sticking point. Last time it worked was Alaska but that’s a single at large district.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

bornbytheriver posted:

Every time I see this sort of imbecility, I have to remind myself that all the crap both Frump and Pence tweet about is pure distraction. While people are talking about Moscow hotels, hookers and horses, there is almost no coverage of the executive orders and appointments And more depressingly because people are busy speculating about this bullshit, no pressure is being put on the Democrats to mobilize around the candidates that have some resonance with voters.

gently caress Pence. He looks like the burn victim from The English Patient

there's tons of coverage of those things. it's people blowing off steam on the internet that talk about mike "horsefucker" pence, admitted horsefucker, tweeting about how he hosed a horse

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

STAC Goat posted:

It doesn't mean anything they've just strung two words together to make ???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Mr Interweb posted:

THAT'S what the piss tape is about? I thought it contained footage of Trump getting pissed on by Russian hookers.

WhyNotBoth.jpg

• Locked thread