Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Carolla just comes off like a whiny dick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geekslinger
Jan 30, 2005

Carolloa's best years were they heyday of Loveline with Dr Drew before the celebrity really took over. They had an amazing chemistry together and put out some fantastic comedy based around a radio show that was never supposed to be comedic. Now he is just a blowhard trying to recapture that magic.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Maybe he could brag more about how he worked construction, that definitely never gets old

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

I used to love the news because it always went off the rails and stuff came up very organically. They were all on fire back then. :(

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Bonzo posted:

I need to know more about this.

Same here. I love how Bubba's entire career has just gone to poo poo over the last decade. So I'm guessing he's no longer on FM? I know Spiceboy has ditched him, but is Manson still about doing anything? I'm downright baffled that Bubba couldn't make his gig work anywhere else, his time during the Stern show was at least interesting with 'Bubba Saw' and all of those weird stuntboy poo poo. I think the only clip I have is the Moonshine Miller one where Brent lost his mind and threw poo poo and then started crying in the green room about his demons.

I gotta hear more about Bubba's downfall.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

The Letterman interview yesterday was pretty good. It also shows how quick Howard still is. When they were making fun of Jack Paar naming his house "Longbarn," Letterman asked Howard what name he would give his mansion, and Howard immediately came back with "Fart Manor."

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

SHOCKING: there is actually some good content on HowardStern.com

https://www.howardstern.com/show/2017/8/11/how-well-do-you-know-gary-dellabate/

I did OK:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Squashy Nipples posted:

SHOCKING: there is actually some good content on HowardStern.com

https://www.howardstern.com/show/2017/8/11/how-well-do-you-know-gary-dellabate/

I did OK:

You were one over, boff.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
I was 12/14, I didn't get the dog or "Stump the Booey" one because those are super recent and I haven't listened.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
My quiz life is at a noine and mah personal life is at a two

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
You got 4 of 14 correct.

You Ba-Ba Blew It!

You did worse on this quiz than Gary does at throwing a baseball.

And I got those 4 right by guessing.

If it was Gilbert or Artie, I'd probably get a perfect score. I don't know Baba Booey at all.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Same here. I love how Bubba's entire career has just gone to poo poo over the last decade. So I'm guessing he's no longer on FM? I know Spiceboy has ditched him, but is Manson still about doing anything? I'm downright baffled that Bubba couldn't make his gig work anywhere else, his time during the Stern show was at least interesting with 'Bubba Saw' and all of those weird stuntboy poo poo. I think the only clip I have is the Moonshine Miller one where Brent lost his mind and threw poo poo and then started crying in the green room about his demons.

Bubba is featured very prominently in the Gawker/Hulk Hogan documentary Nobody Speaks. Howard is too, actually since Bubba talked about the tape on the show.

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

some guy on the bus posted:

You got 4 of 14 correct.

You Ba-Ba Blew It!

You did worse on this quiz than Gary does at throwing a baseball.

And I got those 4 right by guessing.

If it was Gilbert or Artie, I'd probably get a perfect score. I don't know Baba Booey at all.

I gave up after going 1 for 6. I even read his book!
But like you, if it was Artie, I'd have done like a noine out of ten at least.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Spice not only ditched him but was the one that sold the Hogan sex tape to Gawker.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world

Bonzo posted:

Spice not only ditched him but was the one that sold the Hogan sex tape to Gawker.

Spice was actually fired then Bubba got him fired from his next job somehow.

But yah Spice then sold the tape to Gawker...he also apparently has tapes of other people with Heather

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

Spice was actually fired then Bubba got him fired from his next job somehow.

But yah Spice then sold the tape to Gawker...he also apparently has tapes of other people with Heather

I kinda feel bad for Tyler and Bubba's step daughter. Tyler has to be near teenage years now right? Just wonder how Bubba's downfall would effect him.

Viktor
Nov 12, 2005

Wow http://www.tampabay.com/news/business/irs-pursuing-bubba-the-love-sponge-for-202000-in-federal-taxes/2333071

Bubba owes $202k in back taxes + $22k for BRN and defaulted on $75k credit loan.

He's going to end up in jail in the end I bet.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Bonzo posted:

Someone finally threw worse than Gary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2SaHkU2aZ0

oh my god it hit that guy right in the cock

also Shuli getting told he wasn't funny might have been the best Stern show bit (even though it wasn't really a bit) I've heard in a long time. desperately needed Shuli-related owning.

haljordan posted:

Carolla just comes off like a whiny dick

This is, in essence, the Adam Carolla experience. He sucks now.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Looks like Beet lost some weight.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Me? I weigh 459 pounds!

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Viktor posted:

Yeah his former lawyer was disbarred so this might happen.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Viktor posted:

Wow http://www.tampabay.com/news/business/irs-pursuing-bubba-the-love-sponge-for-202000-in-federal-taxes/2333071

Bubba owes $202k in back taxes + $22k for BRN and defaulted on $75k credit loan.

Nah I don't think so. If he's in jail, he won't ever be able to pay back the IRS. They'll just garnish the gently caress out of his wages for the rest of his life and probably after he dies.

MarxCarl
Jul 18, 2003

haljordan posted:

Nah I don't think so. If he's in jail, he won't ever be able to pay back the IRS. They'll just garnish the gently caress out of his wages for the rest of his life and probably after he dies.

or make him sell his house http://www.realtor.com/news/celebrity-real-estate/bubba-the-love-sponge-florida-mansion/

then early next year he's in court with Neilson over the ratings scandal thing.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

haljordan posted:

The feds only put in you in jail a couple months to make a point when it's taxed related.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

haljordan posted:

Hah, wishful thinking. If it comes to that he'll do a small amount of time in jail then work off the debt when he comes out. It's not debtor's prison but the IRS doesn't care if you have to go to jail before you pay them, ask Wesley Snipes.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

He'll live in his lovely Ocala race track. Since his Ocala affiliate dropped him, he won't be bothered.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Crotch Bat posted:

Hah, wishful thinking. If it comes to that he'll do a small amount of time in jail then work off the debt when he comes out. It's not debtor's prison but the IRS doesn't care if you have to go to jail before you pay them, ask Wesley Snipes.

Same thing with Lauryn Hill. She did like 90 days and started touring again soon as she got out.

Agent Burt Macklin fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Aug 19, 2017

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Bonzo posted:

Someone finally threw worse than Gary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2SaHkU2aZ0

Holy poo poo that's hilarious in like 5 ways, and keeps getting better the more you rewatch it.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Bubba's personal decline from the start of Sirius to today is pretty remarkable. Not a good decade for that man.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Am I alone that I never was a Bubba fan? He had some good Stern appearances/crossovers, but I always felt like he was going for the Stern shock value without adding the wit...

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Here's the deal

Bubba was pretty funny in the mid 90's when he was on terrestrial radio in some markets that didn't get Stern, or replayed Stern at a different time of day (Orlando, looking at you)

Then he let Hulk Hogan have the sex with his wife and that was fine up until Gawker put it on the internet and then we got Trump because of it because it turns out if you're a billionaire you can literally do anything you want to people if you're evil enough

Thanks, Bubba

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Ether Frenzy posted:

Here's the deal

Bubba was pretty funny in the mid 90's when he was on terrestrial radio in some markets that didn't get Stern, or replayed Stern at a different time of day (Orlando, looking at you)

Then he let Hulk Hogan have the sex with his wife and that was fine up until Gawker put it on the internet and then we got Trump because of it because it turns out if you're a billionaire you can literally do anything you want to people if you're evil enough

Thanks, Bubba

Bit of a stretch dont ya think?

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
No, I truly blame Bubba the Love Sponge for the downfall of western civilization?

But he was at the center of the Gawker decision, which was pretty shameful that a billionaire was literally allowed to silence his critics with money.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

I'm still amused that Hizz-eather let every big-dicked celebrity Bubba knew rail her and she still made Bubba go to church on Sundays.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004
I haven't seen anyone mention the Letterman interview from this week. It was a really good interview. I highly suggest checking it out.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
The only funny thing about Bubba was Artie's impression of him.

"Here's the deal, Lasker and Spice Boy wanna shack that puss"

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Ether Frenzy posted:

No, I truly blame Bubba the Love Sponge for the downfall of western civilization?

But he was at the center of the Gawker decision, which was pretty shameful that a billionaire was literally allowed to silence his critics with money.

Nah, gently caress Gawker.

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Aug 19, 2017

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Moniker posted:

I haven't seen anyone mention the Letterman interview from this week.

What about right on this page above you?

edit: ok sorry that sounded harsh

Former Human fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Aug 19, 2017

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Crotch Bat posted:

Nah, gently caress Gawker.

It's weird I started watching some documentary about that case and it seemed like it was saying how it was bad that someone was funding the lawsuit against Gawker. Then I fell asleep and never finished it so I don't know. Gawker is pretty terrible though, glad it's gone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

BobbyK posted:

It's weird I started watching some documentary about that case and it seemed like it was saying how it was bad that someone was funding the lawsuit against Gawker. Then I fell asleep and never finished it so I don't know. Gawker is pretty terrible though, glad it's gone.

Some people didn't like it because they saw Thiel as silencing Gawker and this was somehow turned into the haves silencing the have nots. Others, like myself, saw it as comeuppance for a lifetime of lovely, half-assed "journalism". They just happened to pick on a dude with the capital to fund the lawsuits levied against them, lawsuits which had validity and weren't remotely connected to Thiel, which is usually what people miss. Gawker was going to get sued into the ground and Hogan didn't need the legal defense help, he merely accepted it.

At the end of the day, a jury decided Gawker was wrong (because it was) and it would have done so without Thiel's help. They tried to hide behind the First Amendment and failed, poorly. They were given umpteen chances to remove the clips of the tape and the redirects and they failed and their shittiness as a company, which is undeniable, caught up to them in the end. Nick Denton is human garbage and he ran his company poorly, essentially doing and saying whatever they wanted about whomever they wanted with no sense of journalistic integrity or morals, cowering under freedom of the press only when it was convenient for them, and was punished for it.

The world is not lesser for having lost Gawker and the slope is no more slippery than it was before they ceased to exist.

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Aug 20, 2017