Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

I was wondering why you were spending so much time on EHM the last little while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
If we're going to sim, those of us who took prospects over scratches should throw a few names post draft (and completion of these crap abandoned teams) because there's still guys out there I want so don't take them so I can sign them to PTOs!!! tia!!!

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
My team is kinda poo poo but I bet will still sim well because good goalies absolutely carry you in EHM

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black

Teemu Pokemon posted:

If we're going to sim, those of us who took prospects over scratches should throw a few names post draft (and completion of these crap abandoned teams) because there's still guys out there I want so don't take them so I can sign them to PTOs!!! tia!!!

I'm 100% for a Free Agency frenzy and PTO list

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

All right I finish things up by taking Anton Khudobin as my backup.

That means my team is:

Evander Kane - Leon Draisaitl (A) - Josh Anderson
Taylor Hall - Sam Bennett - Sven Baertschi
Marcus Foligno - Brandon Sutter - Jannik Hansen
Lawson Crouse - Sam Gagner - Tom Wilson

Extras: Spencer Foo, Christian Fischer, Alex DeBrincat

I'll probably have Hall and Draisaitl together at times, but on paper I'm not sure they're the best fit due to their separate attacking zone philosophies. I'm not really sold on Kane with Drai either as he's more of a north/south guy as well and might pair better with Hall. The first line wings are essentially up for grabs, and I expect Baertschi, Hansen, Gagner or even Crouse could find themselves there at times. Fischer and DeBrincat are my real long term top six wingers. I'm going to start them in the AHL, but if they have any success at all they'll get called up quickly (especially Fischer who has done all he can in the minors).

My bottom six is going to be focused on playing lighter minutes than with a standard team (probably 13-15 for the 3rd line) as I expect to ride my top six a bit more than usual due to a dearth of real possession players in the lower lines. If Sutter can learn to play more conservatively (and he won't be relied upon to contribute anything in the way of offence here) that third line might work. Really though, I'm just expecting players to rotate around a bunch and find their groove. Gagner is going to take the same role he had in Columbus: 4th liner with PP time. I might also deploy him as a playmaking RW if the team struggles to score.

Ryan Suter (A) - Michael Stone
Dmitri Kulikov - Shea Weber (C)
Ben Hutton - Kyle Wood

Suter is the linchpin here. I'm hoping his stamina doesn't drop at all and I can count on him continuing to play 24-26 minutes a night without fail. He's going to be first unit PP, PK and top pairing so a lot is expected of him. I'll start with Stone as his partner, but I'll rotate through players until I find someone who can compliment his puck moving. I'm not adverse to putting Hutton with him and giving him the green light to join the attack if Stone falters with big minutes. Weber is going to be relied upon primarily to run the PP, I imagine he'll end up around the 22 minute a night mark. I want him socking dingers and teaching Wood to do the same. I have Kulikov with him to basically work as a nanny and letter Weber make mistakes and play physical. My bottom pairing is entirely for decorative purposes.

Andrei Vasilevskiy
Anton Khudobin

I probably should've got a more experience backup for Vasilevsky, but what are you gonna do. I'm expecting him to play 55-60 games and I am putting a lot of expectations on him as Khudobin really hasn't show himself to be even close to starter quality.

Coach: Kevin Dineen

Basically I want to emulate the Hawks style here with a strong puck possession defence and some quick, zone rushing forwards. It's not the most complicated system, but it works.

PP1:

Hall - Draisaitl - Hansen
Suter - Weber

PP2:

Kane - Gagner - Baertschi
Hutton - Wood

PK1:

Sutter - Hansen
Suter - Stone

PK2:

Draisaitl - Anderson
Kulikov - Weber

And that's my team and how I envision it. Mock away!

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Also I am a huge nerd and would totally be involved in a group EHM sim here.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I'm going to take Jake Oettinger who isn't signed because he's still playing NCAA, but his rights are owned by Dallas.

So that makes my team:

Skinner-Scheifele-Aho
Vanek-Krejci-Buchnevich
Henrique-Spooner-Ryan
Bjork-Beagle-Malgin
Extra: Forsbacka-Karlsson

Fowler-McAvoy
Chara-Hunwick
Emelin-Zadorov
Extra: Folin

Gibson
Quick
Extra/NCAA: Oettinger

Coach: Claude Julien

I really hate the defense so hopefully that group of forwards can score 4 goals a game. There's a lot of poo poo contracts on this team and young players who need deals by 2020, but that's not my problem.

Jamwad Hilder fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Aug 17, 2017

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

ThinkTank posted:

Also I am a huge nerd and would totally be involved in a group EHM sim here.

Same

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

Phoneposting, but I think think Linus Ullmark is still available, yeah?

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Vincent Van Goat posted:

Phoneposting, but I think think Linus Ullmark is still available, yeah?

Yeah, he is.

Up next:
Good Soldier Svejk (until 12:05 PM EST)
Kilza
Teemu Pokemon
take me you ANIMAL
T-Bone

Skipped + Picks remaining:
code:
Verviticus	10 picks
Iodised QQ	10 picks
JoelJoel	6 picks

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

The Toronto Maple Leaves:

Evgeny Svechnikov - Steven Stamkos - Nino Niederreiter
Viktor Arvidsson - Henrik Zetterberg - Travis Konecny
Colin Wilson - Tyson Jost - Anton Rodin
Zack Smith - Brian Boyle - Scott Wilson
(Jeremy Bracco)

Torey Krug - Jeff Petry
Brady Skjei - Troy Stecher
Brenden Dillon - Paul LaDue
Brandon Manning

Frederik Andersen
Louis Domingue
(Anthony Stolarz)

Coach Pete DeBoer

I think it's probably the best team I've drafted doing this assuming my young guys stick in the NHL this year and Stamkos doesn't spontaneously combust at center ice during preseason. Based on what I know of DeBoer and these players they should be an ok fit, I think my wingers are feisty enough to forecheck along the boards pretty aggressively and win some battles. They're a good possession team that should score enough goals to to put them into playoff position as long as Andersen maintains his play. They're also pretty successful at drawing more penalties than they take.

I also wouldn't mind picking up a couple extra guys since Bracco probably isn't making the jump next year and Rodin and Stamkos might implode two games into the year.

e: They're also in moderately decent cap position

The 2020 and 2021 offseasons would be fun but there'll also be lockouts and all that. Assuming Jost/Svechnikov/Bracco might take a one year bridge until Zetterberg/Petry/Smith come off the books and Zack Smith/Brian Boyle will be long gone it might work fine.

Technetium fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Aug 17, 2017

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
(((Anthony DeAngelo)))

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I'll take David Desharnais as an extra forward.
Look on my works, ye mighty... Your Arizona Coyotes:

Landeskog - Tavares - Rantanen
Jenner - Kopitar - Craig Smith
Perlini - Rask - Aberg
Carr - Nick Shore - Watson
Scratched: Haapala, Desharnais

Provorov - Jones
Maatta - Hamonic
Enstrom - Bortuzzo
Scratched: Fleury

Lehner / Markstrom
Coached by Jeff Blashill

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

I'm taking Rasmus Dahlin and you can't stop me

I don't know why, but I struggled coming up with a definitive choice for my last pick. It was going to be a defensive prospect, but instead I'm going with another forward. I'm going to homer it up for the final pick and select Anton Slepyshev, who'll get top 9 minutes on the Oilers this season. He should top out at 30 points and hopefully improve on his less than ideal possession stats last year.

MacArthur - Couturier - Pominville
Vatrano - Lindholm - Puljujarvi
Jokinen - Eller - Noesen
Comeau - Ryan - Weise
Hannikainen, Slepyshev, (Glass)

Hedman - Klingberg
Klefbom - Pesce
Kempny - Pysyk

Talbot
Jarry

Coach: Bill Peters

I'll have a write-up of my team soon.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I'm gonna take a shot and hope that someone signs him because he's proven to be a pretty decent bottom 6 forward, whose last team did him dirty after he came back from a pretty nasty injury. Plus he's another Holland mistake:

Perds finish off their roster with Andrej Nestrasil

D. Sedin - H. Sedin - Tarasenko
Pacioretty - Larkin - Miller
Beleskey - Barzal - B. Ritchie
Nestrasil - Jarnkrok - Donskoi
XXXX/XXXX
(Roslovic)

Chychrun - Petrovic
Koekkoek - Coburn
Olofsson - Santini
XXXX
(Liljegren)

Mrazek
Hutchinson
(Sorokin)

Coached by: Todd Nelson

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

Batch 2
Arizona Coyotes

Columbus Blue Jackets

Edmonton Oilers

New Jersey Devils

Nashville Predators

San Jose Sharks

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I think it's my pick so I'll go with AHL MVP Kenneth Agostino -- signed a one way deal with Boston and hopefully he'll break in to their third line.

Meier - Seguin - Forsberg
Connor - Sobotka - Radulov
Jaskin - R.Strome - Jagr
O'Regan - Sedlak - Compher
Agostino

Hjalmarsson - Letang
A.Greene - Stralman
Djoos - Honka
Heed

Schneider
Dell

Prospects:
Miro Heiskanen

Head Coach Jon Cooper

I mean I probably should have taken more prospects over Agostino/Heed but they're ready now. This team rules and is in fact awesome today and tomorrow.

I think realistically this draft should be at least 30 picks (prospects, etc) but not everyone is a true nerd so I get it

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Aug 17, 2017

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Aye Doc selects Frederik Gauthier with his final pick.

Final picks:
Boomer The Cannon (until 3:12 PM EST)
Thufir
Laderhan
mentholmoose
FBS
Infidel Castro
glyynenstein
corn on the cop

Missing picks:
code:
Verviticus		10 picks
Iodised QQ		10 picks
JoelJoel		6 picks
take me you ANIMAL	1 pick

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Kilza posted:

Aye Doc selects Frederik Gauthier with his final pick.

Woof.

Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."
With my last pick, I'll bolster my bottom 6 with Eric Fehr, who is not as old as I thought he was.

So I've got:

Tatar - Johansen - Kane
Roussel - Stastny - Voracek
Hartnell - Lowry - Wood
Martinook - Tierney - Fehr
extra: Sissons, Senyshyn

Yandle - Ellis
Goligoski - Demers
Barberio - Irwin
Girard

Saros
Budaj

IMO I have one of the best top-sixes and a real good top 4. Depth and goaltending are maybe question marks. This is for sure a win-now team

Thufir fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Aug 17, 2017

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black
I wish we could set up a fantasy league with these teams but there's too many prospects not in the league to make it really work

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

lazerwolf posted:

I wish we could set up a fantasy league with these teams but there's too many prospects not in the league to make it really work

If these fools didn't pick enough NHLers that's on them I say as if there's not a solid chance I don't have enough.

Really though if someone's missing a player or two they could delve into the wonderful world of...Derek Mackenzie and...Klas Dahlbeck?

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Erik Condra is still available. Dude is a good NHLer who passes the eye test, has good fancies, and is too good to be an AHLer. It's criminal that Tampa buried him.

Laderhan
Oct 2, 2013
I'll take Mike McLeod as last pick since has a somewhat decent of making the Devils this year.

Final Roster:

Steen - Monahan - Laine
Dvorak - Turris- Palmieri
Namestnikov - Haula - White
McGinn - Dowd - Kassian

Extras: Abramov, McLeod

McDonagh - Manson
Smith - Dumba
Garrison - McQuaid

Extra: Larsson

Bishop
Kinkaid

Coach: Dave Hakstol

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
Alright, I'm finish off my team with Patrik Nemeth.

I'll post more about it later.

Nash-Eichel-Sheary
Cogliano-Koivu-Faksa
Patrick-Bozak-Karlsson
Winnik-McCann-Bennett
Boucher
(Rubtsov)

Gardiner-Faulk
Edler-Spurgeon
Marincin-Pelech
Nemeth

Holtby
Howard

Coach: Boudreau

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Final five!

Final picks:
FBS (until 6:04 PM EST)
Infidel Castro
glyynenstein
corn on the cop
Jimothy Benning

Missing picks:
code:
Verviticus		10 picks
Iodised QQ		10 picks
JoelJoel		6 picks
Boomer The Cannon	1 pick

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Jordan7hm posted:

Erik Condra is still available. Dude is a good NHLer who passes the eye test, has good fancies, and is too good to be an AHLer. It's criminal that Tampa buried him.

On the other hand he was unimpressive in what games he did play last year and is 31 now. Cory Conacher outplayed him in both the AHL and NHL last year and barely got a chance, what chance does old man Condra have.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I didn't realize how much size my team has. One player at 5'11 and 5 at 6', everyone else 6'1 or bigger. Roslovic, Chychrun, Liljegren, and Barzal also still have plenty of time to put on a little more weight. I suddenly feel even a little bit better about my scrapheap defense

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

I know I said I'd probably take a veteran RW but gently caress that, Philadelphia's final pick is RW Klim Kostin.

Schwartz - Trocheck - Stone
Nelson - Coyle - Hayes
Weal - Bonino - Labanc
Carrier - Lehtera - Gurianov
(Kamenev/Kostin)

Ekholm - Karlsson
Morrissey - van Riemsdyk
Hägg - Clendening
(Hickey)

Grubauer
Nilsson

Infidel Castro fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Aug 17, 2017

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

I've waited 742 picks hoping I would be able to do this.

The Capitals select, with their 24th round pick, BROOKS ORPIK. Yesssssssssssssss.

Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."

glynnenstein posted:

I've waited 742 picks hoping I would be able to do this.

The Capitals select, with their 24th round pick, BROOKS ORPIK. Yesssssssssssssss.

I was like, a few hundred k in cap space short or I would have with my last pick.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

:effort: Paul Postma

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Tyler Motte.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
I have Swedes, Suisse, Frogs, and Czechs. My roster is missing a Finn.

With the last and final pick of this year's draft, the Chicago Blackhawks take the hard-hitting but low-scoring Miikka Salomaki.

gently caress Corey Perry. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nV-yYsXMyAo

And that, my friends, concludes the 2017 SAS Fantasy Draft.

(the non-bot portion, anyway)

corn on the cop fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Aug 18, 2017

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

The Kings final pick is a 14th forward. They select UFA PA Parenteau, who should sign with a team for $2 mil or less.

JvR - E. Staal - Kessel
Bailey - Kesler - Grabner
Filppula - Nielsen - Gaborik
Kunitz - Vermette - Parenteau
Chimera, Sceviour

Keith - Martinez
Beaulieu - Seidenberg
Streit - Sustr
Wiercioch

Rinne
Hutton

Coach: Ken Hitchcock

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Remaining picks:
code:
Verviticus		10 picks
Iodised QQ		10 picks
JoelJoel		6 picks
Animal should pick this evening, I'd imagine. Will probably end up picking for all 3 of Verv/QQ/Joel if they don't show up by Monday or so.

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

Good drafting ya'll

Boston Bruins

Calgary Flames

Chicago Blackhawks

Detroit Red Wings

Florida Panthers

Los Angeles Kings

Ottawa Senators

Philadelphia Flyers

Tampa Bay Lightning

Vegas Golden Knights

(I know Cooper should be the head coach, but the editor is being uncooperative for whatever reason. Easy to fix once actually in game)

Washington Capitals

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Did EHM get updated with Vegas or is there a mod you need to download for that?

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

Jordan7hm posted:

Did EHM get updated with Vegas or is there a mod you need to download for that?

No official updates for it, but people on theblueline figured out how to add teams to a league. There's a relatively up-to-date vegas roster here, just download that and stick it in the database folder.

E: the one dev still working on the game says when the 1.5 update rolls around, you'll be able to add teams/leagues to the game without having to wrestle with the editor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Chicago Blackhawks:

Pearson - McDavid (C) - Frolik
Fiala - Staal (A) - Wheeler
Janmark - Dubinsky (A) - Hyman
DeBrusk - Larsson - Stafford
Quenneville - Salomaki

Lindholm - Gudas
Martin - Niskanen
Ouellet - Weber
Auvitu

Anderson
Wedgewood

My roster's strategy is "surround Connor with young, veteran talent and mostly cap-friendly deals", so essentially the opposite of what the Oilers are doing. The team's spine is excellent, featuring the best player in the world and two guys in Jordan Staal and Brandon Dubinsky who are both excellent veteran presences and can both play an excellent 2C in a pinch.

Tanner Pearson and Michael Frolik complement Connor on the first line as very good two-way wingers who can both move the puck and relieve the defensive burden off our superstar center. The second line of Fiala-Staal-Wheeler will give teams absolute nightmares: three guys who dominate the puck and perhaps the game's best two-way winger in Blake Wheeler. Brandon Dubinsky anchors the third line with the speedy, hopefully-not-broken Mattias Janmark. On the right side is Zach Hyman, a tenacious energy forward and penalty killer who is an excellent player when not paired with Auston Matthews on the first line. Johan Larsson rounds out the fourth line with the young Jake DeBrusk and veteran scorer Drew Stafford.

Hampus Lindholm is the crown-jewel of the defense - a do-it-all defenseman who excels in all facets of the game. Joining him on the top-pairing is Radko Gudas, a nasty son-of-a-bitch who can move the puck and impose his will on the opposition. Matt Niskanen and Paul Martin are both adept puck movers, and the latter serves as an excellent mentor. Rounding out the bottom of the defense are a trio of European lads who can all move the puck.

Craig Anderson is the immediate short-term answer in net - who knows how much he still has in the tank but he should still prove serviceable for at least one more year. Scott Wedgewood is by no means the answer in net but he should prove a capable backup for the time being.

The team is set to compete for at least the next three seasons provided they are able to retain competent enough goaltending. The Blackhawks will need to seek out or trade for a stable veteran presence in net next season provided Craig Anderson can no longer be the solution in net. Things start to become tricky in Year 3 as the team will have $49 million locked up in ten players as the young talent hits their RFA years, and elite-possession mans Blake Wheeler heads to free agency. The bright side is that, outside of Wheeler and Fiala, much of the team's top talent is still under contract.

• Locked thread