Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will earn the Iron Throne
Jon Snow / Stark (Targaryen)
Daenerys Stormborn Targaryen, Breaker of Chains, Mother of dragons, etc. etc. etc.
Cersei Lannister
Cersei's corpse after getting backstabbed by Jamie
Hodo...wait, nevermind.
Zombie Mountain
Arya / Hound spinoff series
Checkbox
View Results

• Locked thread
Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

i was really impressed with the dragons reacting to visereon getting iced. Like those were screams of a sentient being that just lost it's brother.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Part of the problem is everyone wants to get this show over with so they can move on with their careers. In hindsight we could have saved like 8 episodes worth of buildup bullshit and used that to make the final seasons less compressed

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Part of the problem is season 5 was full of garbage. Like that high school-caliber fight scene between Jamie and the sand snakes.

Basically all of Dorne was garbage.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Well they did have books 4 and 5 to work with which are far loving worse than Season 5. It took them 4 seasons to work through 90% of the first three books, and they plowed through 4 and 5 in under a season because they're that loving bad.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

cowboy elvis posted:

Part of the problem is season 5 was full of garbage. Like that high school-caliber fight scene between Jamie and the sand snakes.

Basically all of Dorne was garbage.

Proud Christian Mom posted:

yeah but them titties

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
yea sorry but the entire dorne plotline being subpar was redeemed by that one scene

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Bronn singing was p good too
Dudes got a good voice

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?
God, the banter is gold.

"Beautiful, eh? I can breathe again. Down south the air smells like pig poo poo."
"You've never been down South."
"I've been to Winterfell."
"That's the North."
"Pffft."

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
https://twitter.com/ThePixelFactor/status/897422382473891841

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Watching season 5 again.

We get the Sand Snakes (I mean, yeah, dem titties), with one of the most awkward and cringe-worthy introductions, no less, and lose Ser Barristan to a disagreement with the show's producers.

Bleh

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Watching season 5 again.

We get the Sand Snakes (I mean, yeah, dem titties), with one of the most awkward and cringe-worthy introductions, no less, and lose Ser Barristan to a disagreement with the show's producers.

Bleh

yeah but hardhome

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Still on episode 6, but yeah, that owns, I guess.

Also, when Tyrion and Jorah sail towards the ruins of Valeria, you can see stone men crouching on the ruins in the distance the entire loving time if you look closely, never noticed that. It's pretty creepy.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

I just had a look because of your post, and yeah it owns. You'd think they're statues, but nope. Just horribly wasted once-men come to make you just like them.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Uh, the slaver that buys Jorah and Tyrion off the market for the fighting pits is the same guy that comes back to negotiate with Daenerys as part of the ruler-trio in slavers bay?

The guy that Grey Worm doesn't kill, I mean.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Finally caught up through episode 5 of the current season.

I read the books back in 2009, back when it was still nerdy and shameful.

Eight years later, EIGHT GODDAMN YEARS LATER, I finally get to see dragon napalm all over masses of troops.

Also I loved the part where Bronn leans way over in his saddle and chops off the Dothraki horse's leg. That's probably the closest we'll get to the section in book 4 about him lancing a horse in a joust duel.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

The Rat posted:

Finally caught up through episode 5 of the current season.

I read the books back in 2009, back when it was still nerdy and shameful.

Eight years later, EIGHT GODDAMN YEARS LATER, I finally get to see dragon napalm all over masses of troops.

Also I loved the part where Bronn leans way over in his saddle and chops off the Dothraki horse's leg. That's probably the closest we'll get to the section in book 4 about him lancing a horse in a joust duel.

I started reading these loving books in 1998

... Also I kinda think you have something backwards there

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Eh? No, the horse joust kill was in book 4.

quote:

It took the rest of the flagon before the queen was finally able to coax the whole sad tale out of Lady Falyse. Once she had, she did not know whether to laugh or rage. “Single combat,” she repeated. Is there no one in the Seven Kingdoms that I can rely upon? Am I the only one in Westeros with a pinch of wits? “You are telling me Ser Balman challenged Bronn to single combat?”
“He said it would be s-s-simple. The lance is a kn-knight’s weapon, he said, and B-Bronn was no true knight. Balman said he would unhorse him and finish him as he lay st-st-stunned.”
Bronn was no knight, that was true. Bronn was a battle-hardened killer. Your cretin of a husband wrote his own death warrant. “A splendid plan. Dare I ask how it went awry?”
“B-Bronn drove his lance through the chest of Balman’s poor h-h-h-horse. Balman, he... his legs were crushed when the beast fell. He screamed so piteously...”
Sellswords have no pity, Cersei might have said. “I asked you to arrange a hunting mishap. An arrow gone astray, a fall from a horse, an angry boar... there are so many ways a man can die in the woods. None of them involving lances.”

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
I think he meant the dothraki cut Bronn's horse not the other way around

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

Aw dang it, I just rewatched it and you're right :suicide:

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Bronn also lost his bitchin' knife

Proud Christian Mom fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Aug 20, 2017

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Kind of excited to read everyone's response later tonight :allears:

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

What happened to the 3rd dragon?

This will bother me more than it should.

Also.. Their concept of 7 verses what I understand 7 to be is apparently different because I'm pretty sure like.. 15 dudes got smoked by the army of the dead.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
The third one got turned into a white walker dragon.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Three heads of the dragon: Night King, Jon, Dany

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Genocide Tendency posted:

Also.. Their concept of 7 verses what I understand 7 to be is apparently different because I'm pretty sure like.. 15 dudes got smoked by the army of the dead.

They brought wildlings with them.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Genocide Tendency posted:

there were a handful of wildling redshirts with em

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
They definitely showed the handful of red shirts when the left the wall and on the establishing shots.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
A couple died to the polar bear, atleast 2 are shown getting mulched during the last stand

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

cowboy elvis posted:

The third one got turned into a white walker dragon.

No. I mean Dany flew off on Drogon with the Magnificent Slightly Less Than 7, and one was turned into Sindragosa. There is a 3rd that I missed flying off. Kept thinking it was going to land and pick up Jon when he climbed out of the water.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
It flew off. That one was shown circling.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Dragon CAS owned.

Also that's the second time Tormund's faked everyone out. I'm guessing the third time will be the charm :(

Still, he owns and that banter was hilarious.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Tormund is going to be one of like 4 characters to survive.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
"What are those?"
"My faces."
"Tell me what they are!"

Lady, which part of "it's a bag of severed faces" wasn't self explanatory?

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
How the gently caress do y'all nerds know which dragon is which besides Drogon? anway I'm hype as gently caress for ICE ZOMBIE DRAGON! FIRE VS ICE DRAGON SHOWDOWN!! it's gonna be like the perfect lovely metal album art come to life :allears:
Man I was legit worried when I thought they were gonna let Tormund eat it in the most lovely and drawn out way possible too.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Man I was legit worried when I thought they were gonna let Tormund eat it in the most lovely and drawn out way possible too.
I'm disappointed that they didn't, frankly. I get that Jon, Cerisi and Dany have plot armor until the end, but the rest of these fuckers need to get put back in play. What happens of Tormund bites the dust? We don't get to see whether or not he convinces Brienne to let him show her how they keep warm north of the wall?

Eh, they're probably gonna kill Arya.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

I hope game of thrones ends the same way the departed does except its Arya instead of Wahlberg

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Hopefully they kill Sansa and Littlefinger because gently caress those two

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

I hope game of thrones ends the same way the departed does except its Arya instead of Wahlberg
I hope it ends the same way The Sopranos does:

Jon, Dany, Bronn and Tyrion are sitting around the corner table of Hot Pie's inn. Jon walks over and has an inaudible conversation with the minstrels. It's the same ones from the Red Wedding, and they start to play an anachronistic, instrumental Journey cover. Jon rejoins the others. A man walks in. Is it Jaqen H'ghar? We can't tell. The camera frames Jon's face. Slam cut to black and silence.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Dead Reckoning posted:

I'm disappointed that they didn't, frankly. I get that Jon, Cerisi and Dany have plot armor until the end, but the rest of these fuckers need to get put back in play. What happens of Tormund bites the dust? We don't get to see whether or not he convinces Brienne to let him show her how they keep warm north of the wall?

Eh, they're probably gonna kill Arya.

I agree that this season has been kind of toothless, but Arya is probably safe until next season.

I can't find the source, but I recall that in an interview George R. R. Martin said Arya is his wife's favorite character, and she made him promise to let Arya live until the last book. The show has long since outpaced the books, but Arya's probably important enough to the overall plot that the showrunners won't knock her off until Martin does.

But Arya goddamn better kill Littlefinger. Been waiting for him to bite it for more than a decade now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Arc Light posted:

But Arya goddamn better kill Littlefinger. Been waiting for him to bite it for more than a decade now.

Well, according to the script leak (Which has proven to be true so far) She does

• Locked thread