Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
why do people bag on kap for not voting? it's not like cali was going red, nor would writing in 'BLM' matter either :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Byolante posted:

There is a new Barcelona drama brewing as well that the president of the club is using club money to pay bribes to Chinese business men as a way of smoothing out deals over there

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/us/news/barcelona-threaten-legal-action-over-paulinho-deal-allegations
bartomeu also allowed the Qatar Foundation, the chartiable-ish arm of the absolutist royal family there with numerous human rights violations to their name, to be Barca's front shirt sponsor. before that, their front sponsor was UNICEF (they were then relegated to the bottom of the shirt's back), and before that, there weren't any shirt sponsors because they were one of the last holdouts among big-name clubs. their front sponsor is now Qatar Airlines

many people would read these kinds of articles, and well-written sports analysis in general. These Football Times is a great site, but it only focuses on soccer. Grantland did a good job of writing fascinating sports articles, but it's defunct and The Ringer is a poor substitute. you'd think someone would step up to the plate (appropriate pun) for sports. ditto pop culture and music (goons have already mentioned a couple of video game sites)

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

get that OUT of my face posted:

bartomeu also allowed the Qatar Foundation, the chartiable-ish arm of the absolutist royal family there with numerous human rights violations to their name, to be Barca's front shirt sponsor. before that, their front sponsor was UNICEF (they were then relegated to the bottom of the shirt's back), and before that, there weren't any shirt sponsors because they were one of the last holdouts among big-name clubs. their front sponsor is now Qatar Airlines

many people would read these kinds of articles, and well-written sports analysis in general. These Football Times is a great site, but it only focuses on soccer. Grantland did a good job of writing fascinating sports articles, but it's defunct and The Ringer is a poor substitute. you'd think someone would step up to the plate (appropriate pun) for sports. ditto pop culture and music (goons have already mentioned a couple of video game sites)

The Blizzard is this sort of thing for soccer, unfortunately its a quarterly.

https://www.theblizzard.co.uk/article/left-wing

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

got any sevens posted:

why do people bag on kap for not voting? it's not like cali was going red, nor would writing in 'BLM' matter either :shrug:

because they're dumb as gently caress and largely looking for a reason to insult him

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

got any sevens posted:

There's a lot more on the ballot than the Presidential races, do you not think local politics are important? I don't give a poo poo about Kaepernick but the idea that it's not important to vote just because you're in a blue state is dumb.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

https://twitter.com/MMFlint/status/897831679217336320

https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/896927643425136640

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Moore was one of the Hollywood left actually saying Trump would win before the election and outlining what Hillary had to do to stop him. He was right, she didn't do what she needed and now we have a cheeto pope to go with dorito pope

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep
polivis wilde looking rough these days

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

My favorite part about Vox sites are how literally each one of them have a Game of Thrones article every week.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Byolante posted:

Moore was one of the Hollywood left actually saying Trump would win before the election and outlining what Hillary had to do to stop him. He was right, she didn't do what she needed and now we have a cheeto pope to go with dorito pope

There was so many people that were calling their shots before it was going to happen.

Jimmy Dore was calling it. TYT as a whole was as well. I've seen the Alt Light mock them over their "Election day" meltdown...but Cenk (to his credit) was making videos going into that weekend going ("UH. RED-loving-ALERT. WAKE UP GUYS").

Moore as well. He even had articles dating back to 2009-2010 talking about how the Dems could have "harvested the grapes of wrath" of the recession, and they missed their chance. He described how he was worried that it would be coming from the right, not the left.

I think the Chapo guys were also scared shitless (like we all kinda were) that the Dems were clearly out of loving touch this election cycle and were gonna blow it.

It's really weird. My anger has mainly been towards Centrist Dems leading to this moment, not so much the Republicans that have taken advantage of the aforementioned being complete poo poo.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Chieves posted:

My favorite part about Vox sites are how literally each one of them have a Game of Thrones article every week.

YAAASS KHALEESI

SLAY THOSE PRISONERS KWEEN

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

What is suppose to be happen here? They stare at Trump Tower until something happens? Why would Trump give a gently caress?

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

BexGu posted:

What is suppose to be happen here? They stare at Trump Tower until something happens? Why would Trump give a gently caress?

because they have this bizarre obsession with "owning" trump and crowing that he's upset at their actions which is ridiculously unlikely and moreover doesn't do poo poo even if he did notice

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
"b-b-baka, it's not like I want Trump to notice me or anything"

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

BexGu posted:

About the only celebrity I respect right now would be Susan Saradon. Mainly because she pantsed Chris Hayes live on air and MADE MSNBC have to put Josh Fox on the air after they refused to have him on during the 2016 election cycle.

sword_man.gif posted:

because they have this bizarre obsession with "owning" trump and crowing that he's upset at their actions which is ridiculously unlikely and moreover doesn't do poo poo even if he did notice

GUYS IF WE PUT THIS INFLATABLE CHICKEN THAT LOOKS LIKE HIM IN FRONT OF THE WHITE HOUSE HE'LL RELEASE HIS TAX RETURNS FOR SURE :downs:

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

https://twitter.com/VICE/status/898238033748795396

e: Holy poo poo! It got deleted.

Pretty much said "Why it's time to blow up Mount Rushmore".

FuzzySkinner has issued a correction as of 19:30 on Aug 17, 2017

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Already deleted.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

FuzzySkinner posted:

https://twitter.com/VICE/status/898238033748795396

e: Holy poo poo! It got deleted.

Pretty much said "Why it's time to blow up Mount Rushmore".

So "woke"

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

I wonder if Trump, Bannon and Co are paying these guys to come up with lovely takes to help Trump get re-elected.

That's how dumb this is.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

FuzzySkinner posted:

I wonder if Trump, Bannon and Co are paying these guys to come up with lovely takes to help Trump get re-elected.

That's how dumb this is.

Sounds fair to me.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
If you aren't full Iconoclast, you are literally a Nazi.

I'm so woke.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Sounds fair to me.

You'd probably replace it with a statue of Lenin. ;)

(I half kid, I know why you have your perspective).

e: and I'd actually far more respect someone saying that rather than someone going "REPLACE IT WITH WONDER WOMAN" :downs: like what was quoted in the other thread.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Mt. Rushmore, but it's all the members of Rush.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
there were supposedly a few people protesting the Lenin statue in seattle yesterday, dunno who it was though

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Mt. Rushmore, but it's all the members of Rush.

As long as they have one weird pentagram logo at the bottom of it.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

got any sevens posted:

there were supposedly a few people protesting the Lenin statue in seattle yesterday, dunno who it was though

Did you not see the video?

https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/897905672741715968

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012

FuzzySkinner posted:

That's how dumb this is.

I think they come up with this poo poo themselves.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

FuzzySkinner posted:

It's really weird. My anger has mainly been towards Centrist Dems leading to this moment, not so much the Republicans that have taken advantage of the aforementioned being complete poo poo.

Understandable. Who is worse, the people commonly accepted as evil or the people who are supposed to oppose them but are effectively running interference and openly being nearly as corrupt?

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

This statue is on private land, and it was recovered from an old Soviet scrapyard, right? Seems slightly different than a state-sponsored racist statue paid for by domestic racists and living rent free on public property

It also regularly has red paint splashed on it, it's kinda cool

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
do you expect a half dozen dipshits with signs like "lenin is hitler" to have put that much thought into this

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

FuzzySkinner posted:

The republicans are simply acting out their role as the howling void at the end of the universe, get mad at the people who's job it was to stop them.

You don't blame the leopard for eating your face, you blame the zookeeper who got drunk and left the cage open

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Crane Fist posted:

The republicans are simply acting out their role as the howling void at the end of the universe, get mad at the people who's job it was to stop them.

You don't blame the leopard for eating your face, you blame the zookeeper who got drunk and left the cage open

actually, it's your fault for not getting off your rear end and doing hillary's campaign for her

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

sword_man.gif posted:

actually, it's your fault for not getting off your rear end and doing hillary's campaign for her

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/12/michigan-hillary-clinton-trump-232547

quote:

Michigan operatives relay stories like one about an older woman in Flint who showed up at a Clinton campaign office, asking for a lawn sign and offering to canvass, being told these were not “scientifically” significant ways of increasing the vote, and leaving, never to return. A crew of building trade workers showed up at another office looking to canvass, but, confused after being told there was no literature to hand out like in most campaigns, also left and never looked back.

People did show up.

Guess what the reaction was? "gently caress you. We'll win without you". Hell there was people in Wisconsin BEGGING for Hillary to campaign there and they were met with radio silence. They finally were able to get BARNEY loving FRANK to show up on a Wednesday.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
i know dude. it's a joke.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

sword_man.gif posted:

i know dude. it's a joke.

not at you, I know you're joking., and you're cool.

But god, gently caress that rear end in a top hat.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

FuzzySkinner posted:

Moore as well. He even had articles dating back to 2009-2010 talking about how the Dems could have "harvested the grapes of wrath" of the recession, and they missed their chance. He described how he was worried that it would be coming from the right, not the left.
michael moore is a self-aggrandizing loudmouth, and he talked about how his new broadway show would "beat trump with satire," which is explicitly saying what late night TV and lots of entertainment is already doing. nonetheless, he knows his poo poo about the rust belt. if obama proposed a second new deal with some improvements over the one that schumer has recently outlined, he'd have created a decades-long political legacy like FDR did

Chieves posted:

SB Nation has someone who does recaps of The Bachelor(ette) after every episode. the sad part? they're more entertaining to read than most of the articles that have posted there ever since Vox took over and sucked all the fun out of it

sword_man.gif posted:

tell that to the union guys who got told directly by hillary campaign HQ to not go to michigan even though they were already on their way. even bill clinton told them to stop campaigning so stupidly

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
while i'm at it

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

sword_man.gif posted:

while i'm at it

what the gently caress is this insanity?

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Dapper_Swindler posted:

what the gently caress is this insanity?

no loving idea if it's a legitimate loving insane person or a weirdo who acts like a loving insane person in order to make vegans look worse. either is possible.

https://twitter.com/VeganRevoIution/status/898213683012173827

https://twitter.com/VeganRevoIution/status/898006866978111490

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
That honestly reads like a joke but internet vegans are beyond satire so uh yeah

• Locked thread