Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

ikanreed posted:

Israel is lovely, but they don't really have death-to-arab groups who get state sanction.

Except the settlers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Sandpuppy posted:

B-But...drones?
Dammit, Ted! You got me to give you some praise yesterday and you thank me by going back to ~DRONES~. :mad:

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

ikanreed posted:

I don't often say this, but gently caress you Latuff. Israel is lovely, but they don't really have death-to-arab groups who get state sanction.
Not a Latuff fan (to say the least) but in this case the analogy is fairly exact.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Xander77 posted:

Not a Latuff fan (to say the least) but in this case the analogy is fairly exact.

It's pretty pointless Rall-style whataboutism though.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Xander77 posted:

Comparing Israel to Nazi Germany is a great way to get your message ignored.

Sam Kriss having a broken clock moment posted:

At no point in a conversation about Israel or anti-Semitism is it a good idea to start talking about interesting facts about the Holocaust that not many people know. This isn't just a matter of looking bad in front of the cameras: the Holocaust was a monstrous, shattering cataclysm, a memory that's still incredibly painful for millions of people, an evil far, far greater than anything Israel has done since, and it should not be instrumentalised to score an argumentative point. Yes, there are supporters of Israeli policy who like to sift through the cemeteries in the hope of silencing any opposition. Be better than them. Don't talk about Hitler. Don't talk about the Holocaust.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
But it's comparing them with American alt-right groups, not with Nazi Germany. There are differences. Like, the country is not the same.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Xander77 posted:

Thanks for letting us know?

It's a thing. They're weird, strange folk.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2017/08/what_the_alt_left_was_actually_doing_in_charlottesville.html

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

It's nice to see Bell's come around on this.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Xander77 posted:

To be more precise: If you were to chart the relationship between the Trump administration and the alt-right (and more specifically, Nazis and the KKK) you would find an exact parallel with the Netanyahu administration and pretty much group that would chant "death to Arabs" in public.

One of the major differences is that while Bibi is (at the very least) vaguely competent enough to quickly and decisively condemn "racism" whenever the question is posed while (obviously) implementing incredibly racist policy, he would never condemn any of the actual groups by name, no matter how pressured he was.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Ragnar34 posted:

There's got to be a closet furry goon around here who knows more than they're telling re: Garrison's furry alter-ego. To that goon I want to say you can snitch on Garrison without hesitation here. It's been established that juggalos are cool if they're making GBS threads on neo-nazis, so I don't see why furries can't get in on that.

You have no clue how wide the furry market is, do you? This is roughly equivalent to "Oh, you're from Ireland? Did you know my grandma?"

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the prime minister's visit to HMS Queen Elizabeth – Theresa May spoke of ‘a positive, confident role on the world stage’ for the UK during a visit to the new aircraft carrier"

Telegraph:

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

A-level results show rise in top grades despite tougher exams

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I'm honestly confused by all the "both sides" comics. Even if you want to have the delusion that the antifa/BLM are violent/as violent as Nazis, they're not really making convincing arguments of how violent anti-fascists are worse or no better then violent fascists.

Would these people have been condemning the Allies for their violence in WWII?

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

I suggest one small change;

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Holy poo poo a good Gosse.

Although, come to think of it, it's usually hard to divine his opinion through the thick layers of labels. But I have a distinct impression of him being a shitheel.

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

King Possum III posted:

I suggest one small change;

Honestly was expecting to see Pence underneath that horse.

Luxury Tent Carpet
Feb 13, 2005

I hunted the Orphan of Kos and all I got was this stupid t-shirt

Interesting, something to think about.

Removed the linked video anyway.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009
Ah yes, the GOP, always in staunch opposition to white supremacists and neo-nazis.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

So there is hate, racism, and intolerance, but simultaneously everyone is just too sensitive these days.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Wow he took that Trump talking point and ran with it.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Naturally, some dolt already publicly said "George Washington statues should come down too!", so the right has their "See! The left want to remove history!" line already laid out. Had a former coworker trot it out on Facebook yesterday.

Doesn't matter it was one guy, that's enough to show "how lefties really work".

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Ularg posted:

Wow he took that Trump talking point and ran with it.
I love that the "extreme" positions he came up with for the signs were "Tear down all racist monuments" and "Wipe out the Confederacy".

Racism...bad? Sounds like another loony leftie! :rolleyes:

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

MrUnderbridge posted:

Naturally, some dolt already publicly said "George Washington statues should come down too!", so the right has their "See! The left want to remove history!" line already laid out. Had a former coworker trot it out on Facebook yesterday.

As a kid I learned that George said he didn't want monuments etc to him anyway. I can't find a quote like that now though.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

MrUnderbridge posted:

The world is incapable of seeing shades of grey.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

It's not like evidence matters at all. Some dweeb on twitter got "official antifa" as his account and tweeted a couple of EVIL STRAWMAN LEFTY stuff and the screenshots are still being passed around as Solid Evidence of Antifa being a terror organization even though the tweets had 2 likes and the account had no followers.

When BLM was just starting, one of those ISIS recruit bots that just posts propaganda on any trending hashtag posted something followed by #BlackLivesMatter and that was also used as Definitive Evidence that BLM and ISIS are allies.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

And also, statues isn't how we record or teach history.

Lurdiak posted:

It's not like evidence matters at all. Some dweeb on twitter got "official antifa" as his account and tweeted a couple of EVIL STRAWMAN LEFTY stuff and the screenshots are still being passed around as Solid Evidence of Antifa being a terror organization even though the tweets had 2 likes and the account had no followers.

When BLM was just starting, one of those ISIS recruit bots that just posts propaganda on any trending hashtag posted something followed by #BlackLivesMatter and that was also used as Definitive Evidence that BLM and ISIS are allies.

Or the time the daily mail ran a photo of someone taking a poo poo on a police car and said it happened at OWS.

duz fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Aug 18, 2017

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Lurdiak posted:

ahh yes, the official antifa twitter, as doubtless assigned by the Official Central Office Of Any Sort Of Not Liking Fascists, not sure where exactly that's based these days

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

duz posted:

Or the time the daily mail ran a photo of someone taking a poo poo on a police car and said it happened at OWS.

Let's not even get started on the daily mail.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Oxyclean posted:

I'm honestly confused by all the "both sides" comics. Even if you want to have the delusion that the antifa/BLM are violent/as violent as Nazis, they're not really making convincing arguments of how violent anti-fascists are worse or no better then violent fascists.

Would these people have been condemning the Allies for their violence in WWII?

They have no consistent values or principles, Trump said march so they started goose stepping.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Always need more rope when dealing with nazis/Nazi sympathizers.

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis

ikanreed posted:

I don't often say this, but gently caress you Latuff. Israel is lovely, but they don't really have death-to-arab groups who get state sanction.

Actually it's Israel's military that's the death to arab group with state sanction

Tha_Joker_GAmer
Aug 16, 2006

It's a dickless nazi crying his loving eyes out not the empire strikes back, lmao, the hero is at his low point!!

what a loving joke, whoever wrote that is a dumbshit

Team_q
Jul 30, 2007

Liu posted:

It's a dickless nazi crying his loving eyes out not the empire strikes back, lmao, the hero is at his low point!!

He saw how the wind was blowing and did a "help we, law abiders, are being oppressed by the illegal left"

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

i take issue with joe schmuckatelli from twitter dot com trying to claim any authority on the matter

sobbing his eyes out doesn't make him look good from a pr or a legal perspective and i'm not going to uncritically follow some random text i see on social media

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

I agree.

Speaking of structures of USA's racist past, I wonder if eventually they're going to rename things named after Confederacy as well. I don't see street names being changed, but maybe some important buildings?

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

D.N. Nation posted:

do these people not know what the FA in antifa stands for
I mean, Antifascist is literally in the cartoon, so yeah.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

MrUnderbridge posted:

Someone defaced a Christopher Columbus statue in Boston yesterday, as a very direct way of saying "hey everybody I think this statue should come down as well"

and on the one hand it's like, he wasn't a Confederate, and on the other hand it's like, yes it should come down anyway though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Liu posted:

what a loving joke, whoever wrote that is a dumbshit

Seriously. That dipshit wasn't thinking of anything like that when he made that video.

• Locked thread