Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

Mariana Horchata posted:

i think my fav civil war battle would have 2 be Antietam

the second civil war won't be like that though, it'll be like syria, where the rebels are everywhere and nowhere, and bombs fall equally on the just and the unjust

e: quick poll, would your civil war 2 faction accept russian weapons and intelligence, just wanna get the feel of c-spam tonight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rubber Tucky
Oct 14, 2004

Next time I will pay attention while choosing my thread tags.

thank you!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

for a long time defending the kkk and nazis helped everyone

times change

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Yinlock posted:

except that time they enabled nazis
:rolleyes:

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

Yinlock posted:

wait did he seriously do this

i mean im going to immediately believe it either way but id like to know if im wrong or not first this time

yeah so i'm recalling other instances

it's hard for me to link onomatopoetic names to content in my head w/o a 'tar or a really distinctive[ly good] posting style

zakkro
May 29, 2015

https://twitter.com/RedState/status/897822136051666944

:thunk:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

adl

well... ok

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Jazerus posted:

many sides, many sides, many sides!!!!

Where is this from?

I, er, may have made a terrible error by engaging some people on FB and this would be helpful to disabuse their "both sides" bullshit

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:

and then fires Hannity," my daydream brain says

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

FactsAreUseless posted:

Weirdly enough, social media fuckup doesn't equal SECRET NAZI ENABLER. The ACLU are one of the best allies we have against these groups, because they work to protect minorities from the kinds of laws actual Nazi enablers, like Donald Trump, try to pass.

I mean, they're not secret about it, they overtly constantly support the rights for hate groups to show up places and shout "BLOOD AND SOIL" at people hiding from them in temples. You can agree with them that those groups should have that right but don't pretend that's not literally enabling them. They think that's a fair cost for unfettered* free speech, I disagree.

*they've never fought too hard about certain speech restrictions like jails censoring inmate correspondence and all but hey

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

like they'll boot cucks like hannity

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

It's the liberal version of blaming counter-protestors. Either way you're trying to deflect blame, even partial, onto a group other than Nazis. I'd say you should know better, but it's Yinlock.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

if you don't think only of Gettysburg all day every day your no civil war fan

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

i think the argument is along the lines of "the original, falsifiable claim spreads like wildfire and the later retraction barely hits a fraction of the original audience"

but that's as far as i'm willing to agree w/ op on that

eta: so the person responsible for the false claim, esp when reporting isn't their job, should be ridiculed which... you aren't arguing against either

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Yinlock posted:

except that time they enabled nazis

They didn't say "yes we support Nazis beating up people with pipes and running over/killing people with their cars" and if a Trump presidency/majority Republican congress is the time you think we need to crack down on free speech in America you're pretty loving dumb.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

S O R O S
O
R
O
S

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/898346335694315520

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Someone needs to tell Ronna Romney McDaniel she's not helping.

https://twitter.com/GOPChairwoman/status/898314178032799744

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

gently caress you

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Yinlock posted:

also the aclu tried to argue that the driver felt "scared" at first

so yeah gently caress them

I'm torn. If I put you on ignore my read through this thread will be so much easier. But if I don't, I get to continue to listen to your ignorant Canadian centric rants that are absolutely irrelevant to my life. :thunk:

Putting people on ignore is stupid.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

euphronius posted:

if you don't think only of Gettysburg all day every day your no civil war fan
i'm more partial to sherman burning and destroying southern infrastructure myself

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

It's the liberal version of blaming counter-protestors. Either way you're trying to deflect blame, even partial, onto a group other than Nazis. I'd say you should know better, but it's Yinlock.

i'm not deflecting poo poo, nazis and anyone who helps nazis can go straight to hell

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

the only good statue is still in progress

:awesomelon:

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Every Republican is going to fall in line with "many sides" by the end of September, once there's one or two more ambiguous clashes at "free speech" protests to point to. If anything the Nazis quickly rebranding along Alt-Lite lines looks like a defensive tactic to give them some ammunition that their opposition is just as violent. We're going to normalize Nazi and anti-Nazi marches as a regular thing by 2018.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

gab getting shut down on google play owns so much

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Office Pig posted:

S O R O S
O
R
O
S

evil billionaire soros is bribing cool and good billionaire murdoch

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

James is less politically visible because he's keeping a low profile after he hacked a dead girl's phone for profit.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

they're throwing a hissy fit right now because they literally don't understand that google has every loving right to determine what content goes on their app store

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Nope, trump is the Mule, unpredictable.
Also why Pence loves riding the trump train

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Okay, I'm not having this argument again. I will stand by the organization that fights private prison organizations, fights against de-facto debtors prisons, fights against racial discrimination in the law and the workplace, etc., etc. Y'all have fun.

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

lol i forgot about this

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

Yinlock posted:

i'm not deflecting poo poo, nazis and anyone who helps nazis can go straight to hell

agreeing with and helping aclu bad takes is a purity test

people who do that dont need to go to hell tho imo, taht can be for nazis

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Launching my Ironside over here

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

i'm more partial to sherman burning and destroying southern infrastructure myself

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

ok that was cool

and vicksburg also

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

GobiasIndustries posted:

They didn't say "yes we support Nazis beating up people with pipes and running over/killing people with their cars" and if a Trump presidency/majority Republican congress is the time you think we need to crack down on free speech in America you're pretty loving dumb.

why are ppl still defending a choice the aclu decided no longer to make.

is it because they argued about it before and still want to be right

shouldnt ppl be mad that the aclu is derelict in its duty

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

juche avocado posted:

i need some hot portland tips/oregon-to-even-idaho area eclipse viewing area tips :ohdear:

save me cspam

what if we had an eclipse thread???

as someone who's been doing a ton of research on this subject (trying to figure out where to drive from CA), they're saying locals should plan on getting there sunday and staying at Hotel Nissan or the Honda Inn until late at night monday

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Dolash posted:

Every Republican is going to fall in line with "many sides" by the end of September, once there's one or two more ambiguous clashes at "free speech" protests to point to. If anything the Nazis quickly rebranding along Alt-Lite lines looks like a defensive tactic to give them some ammunition that their opposition is just as violent. We're going to normalize Nazi and anti-Nazi marches as a regular thing by 2018.

yeah, I'm leaning towards exactly this poo poo happening

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

FactsAreUseless posted:

Okay, I'm not having this argument again. I will stand by the organization that fights private prison organizations, fights against de-facto debtors prisons, fights against racial discrimination in the law and the workplace, etc., etc. Y'all have fun.

Agreed, the National Lawyers Guild owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Zeroisanumber posted:

James is less politically visible because he's keeping a low profile after he hacked a dead girl's phone for profit.

sounds like a dipsy doodle

• Locked thread