Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
I beat Freedom Planet as Carol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Sonic Mania

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

25.1) Sonic Mania as Knuckles

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

25.2) Sonic Mania as Tails

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

The Witcher 3

Soral
May 30, 2009

sonic mania & knuckles

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga, including all bonus bosses available in the first cycle. Kickass game, can't wait to play 2.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

In Training posted:

Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga, including all bonus bosses available in the first cycle. Kickass game, can't wait to play 2.

did u fight the nocturne mc?

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

That's not available in the first cycle

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

did u fight the nocturne mc?

As eagle said thats NG+ only. Maybe Ill come back to it after finishing 2, since you could just use the Null All passive and annihilate the first 3/4ths of the game but thats a lot of stuff to redo just to try one more boss. Wish he was available without a replay

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i havent fought him either . everyone says its the hardest jrpg boss though so im curious

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

mycophobia posted:

Battle Garegga Premium (1CC)

What do the modes mean any way good job

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

I neat hollow knoght nut only have 99% completion cuz. I mussed a charm and maybe something else. And dark souls 2 scholar of first sin since i never fi ished it.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

What do the modes mean any way good job

In Premium mode the biggest change is that the level of rank is dependent entirely on what stage you're on, and it stays the same the whole stage. You also get autobomb, which is why I was able to clear it so quickly. the hitbox is smaller I believe, and the shot rate is fixed to 15hz. there's also more zako rushes in certain parts. Also you get factory as stage 2 and plateau as stage 3.

As far as scoring goes, interestingly, you can trigger MAX RANK mode by getting your medal chain up to at least 2,000 on stage 1 and some other condition(s) nobody who speaks english really knows yet, where the rank will max out and all medals will home in on you like you're playing a cave game, also enemies drop items more often and it's pretty insane to watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-zj_sIfN2w

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I wanna get garegga but I just spent 6000 yen on UNiel

Soral
May 30, 2009

sonic mania (super tails)

Soral
May 30, 2009

sonic mania (sonic solo)

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

25.3) Sonic Mania as Sonic & Tails

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Hollow Knight - True Ending

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I reached level 11 in Duck Hunt on Virtual Console, which I will declare a win.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Sonic Mania (1CC, Sonic alone, bad ending)

it was good. i wish it had been all original levels though. the ones that were there were fantastic. ill probably do knuckles next weekend or something

Soral
May 30, 2009

knuckles mania & knuckles. the unique ending was a blessing

Cubivore_
Nov 6, 2013

Bloodborne + DLC

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Devil May Cry

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

lets hang out posted:

Devil May Cry

Nice. I just started 3 tonight and it's so much better

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

I was going to start 3 tonight but instead I started and finished Kirby's Adventure

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

lets hang out posted:

I was going to start 3 tonight but instead I started and finished Kirby's Adventure
That kicks rear end, Adventure is still my favorite Kirby game.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Elevator Action Returns (no death)

My first 1CC of this game turned out to be a no death run, surprisingly. Logged about 9 and a half hours of playtime to get to this point. Pretty easy by arcade standards but a drat good game nonetheless.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Sonic Mania as Sonic & Tails

Fiend Matador
Feb 19, 2011

17) Kirby's Blowout Blast - All platinums + secret path
18) FFXII: The Zodiac Age - defeated a bunch of superbosses before fighting the final boss so I ended up defeating him in seconds lol. still need to beat yiazmat and omega before I'll call it finished

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

More than Star Citizen will ever be.

West of Loathing - Didn't quite 100% it, but got close.
Pyre - Got the peaceful revolution ending.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fiend Matador posted:

17) Kirby's Blowout Blast - All platinums + secret path
18) FFXII: The Zodiac Age - defeated a bunch of superbosses before fighting the final boss so I ended up defeating him in seconds lol. still need to beat yiazmat and omega before I'll call it finished

I love this feel in JRPGs when you've bested the bosses many power levels beyond and just annihilate the final boss

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I always try and fight the final boss first because I don't love that feel

Fiend Matador
Feb 19, 2011

In Training posted:

I love this feel in JRPGs when you've bested the bosses many power levels beyond and just annihilate the final boss

It feels epic but yeah, part of me wishes that I would have done the boss sooner so that it was a real fight

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!
1. Jammer Lammy
2. Toejam and Earl
3. Talos Principle
4. Nuclear Throne
5. Hexcells Infinite 100%
6. Bleed 2
7. The Witness (havent done the challenge yet, should get back to this)
8. Specter of Torment (and later on Naked Spected)
9. Burnout Paradise for the fiftieth time
10. N++ solo
11. Dark Souls
12. Vanquish
13. System Shock
14. System Shock 2
15. Sonic CD

16. Crypt of the Necrodancer - Melody mode

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Son of a Vondruke! posted:

West of Loathing - Didn't quite 100% it, but got close.

You should. I went back in and did it, it's fun seeing all the different endings and what changes them.

skull wall
Jul 29, 2012

Persona 4 PS2. Maxed only half the social links. The ability to select the fusion skills that Golden has would've been nice. Pumped to play 5

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

its cool in nocture doing high speedmenuing over andover for an hour to get pierce on you baal or whatever but you go so fast you end up backing out of the menu

skull wall
Jul 29, 2012

mysterious loyall X posted:

its cool in nocture doing high speedmenuing over andover for an hour to get pierce on you baal or whatever but you go so fast you end up backing out of the menu

anti-goomba stomp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

skull wall posted:

Persona 4 PS2. Maxed only half the social links. The ability to select the fusion skills that Golden has would've been nice. Pumped to play 5

rerolling orpheus telos/yoshitsune for multiple hours to get the right skill set ftw. persona 5 felt like cheating

• Locked thread