Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EvenWorseOpinions
Jun 10, 2017
Re juggalos, I have some juggalo acquaintances, and they are universally slightly off, but also very chill. According to the ones I know, being a juggalo is all about acceptance, caring, and carrying hatchet man bling

If I was forced to pick a weird subculture to join it might be juggalos

Almost forgot the point of that aside; I think they would be totally down for loving up Nazis and not being Nazi sympathisers

EvenWorseOpinions has a new favorite as of 02:48 on Aug 18, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

This is a really interesting timeline, thanks. I'm assuming that all the schools in the 60s that were named after CSA fucklords were exactly what I said in my other post - "Yes you can go to this school now but always remember we consider you to be property".

Eggbeater Jesus
Sep 21, 2008

Add a dab of lavender to milk. Leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it.
Our beautiful statues.

This beautiful statue is on a patch of private land along I-65 just outside of Nashville. Regardless of how you feel about awful Confederate monuments, the schad is on everybody who has to see this eyesore on their daily commute.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Memento posted:

A Murdoch did a.... good thing?

Commending a Murdoch for saying "nazis are bad" is like commending a murderer for not smoking in the police car.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Memento posted:

This is a really interesting timeline, thanks. I'm assuming that all the schools in the 60s that were named after CSA fucklords were exactly what I said in my other post - "Yes you can go to this school now but always remember we consider you to be property".

It was enormously petty. A lot of towns filled in their swimming pools just so black children couldn’t swim in them.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Sagebrush posted:

Commending a Murdoch for saying "nazis are bad" is like commending a murderer for not smoking in the police car.

The schadenfreude is that our president has set such a low bar for doing the right thing that "condemning Nazis" is basically a heroic act in 2017.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
And it's so fantastically out of character for anyone associated with Fox or News Corp at the highest levels to do something that reasonable people wouldn't be reviled by.

This is the organisation that let the parents of a child who had been murdered think she was still alive, because they got the password to her mobile phone voicemail and were checking the messages in case they got a neat scoop.

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Jesus, kid, you're almost a detective. All you need now is a gun, a gut, and three ex-wives.

Memento posted:

Weren't they all erected in the 60s to show "them uppity coloureds" that sure, you might get civil rights but you should always know your place?

They all basically went up after Plessy v. Ferguson and again after Brown v. Board of Education. It's pretty clear when you look at the graphs that they went up specifically to spite African Americans. Similar to how the Stars and Bars really wasn't a "heritage" thing until suddenly Civil Rights was something people were talking about.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib

Memento posted:

A Murdoch did a.... good thing?

It's literally just because they figured out which side is winning, and they have some sense of self-preservation. But still, a good sign.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Memento posted:

This is the organisation that let the parents of a child who had been murdered think she was still alive, because they got the password to her mobile phone voicemail and were checking the messages in case they got a neat scoop.

Wait what :stonk:

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

JOHNSON COCKSLAP posted:

hmm what site's harbouring this alt right speech?
Oh no doubt Twitter can harbour but it's not MADE for it, it wasn't made for that purpose. You can take the Nazis out of Twitter and there'd still be more than enough of users on it.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Scruff McGruff posted:

They all basically went up after Plessy v. Ferguson and again after Brown v. Board of Education. It's pretty clear when you look at the graphs that they went up specifically to spite African Americans. Similar to how the Stars and Bars really wasn't a "heritage" thing until suddenly Civil Rights was something people were talking about.

The red flag with a blue “X” on it isn’t even the the Stars and Bars.

This is the Stars and Bars:

This is the battle flag of the Army of Tennessee (yes, really):

I’m not criticising you for this—who gives a poo poo about the vexillology of a bunch of losers?—but people who are ostensibly all about “heritage, not hate” really ought to know that.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/News_International_phone_hacking_scandal#Milly_Dowler.27s_voicemail

Read the whole page if you feel like getting into a murderous rage

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

E:\FILES>quickfli clown.fli
Or read Flat Earth News and the follow-up after the hacking trial if you have a low blood pressure that needs raising.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Eggbeater Jesus posted:

Our beautiful statues.

This beautiful statue is on a patch of private land along I-65 just outside of Nashville. Regardless of how you feel about awful Confederate monuments, the schad is on everybody who has to see this eyesore on their daily commute.

We should take down every Confederate monument except for this one. "Gather round, children. This is The Confederate. Yes, that is what they looked like!"

whodatwhere
Aug 24, 2013

Eggbeater Jesus posted:

Our beautiful statues.

I didn't know Tom Green was a confederate general.

EvenWorseOpinions
Jun 10, 2017

Platystemon posted:

The red flag with a blue “X” on it isn’t even the the Stars and Bars.

This is the Stars and Bars:

This is the battle flag of the Army of Tennessee (yes, really):

I’m not criticising you for this—who gives a poo poo about the vexillology of a bunch of losers?—but people who are ostensibly all about “heritage, not hate” really ought to know that.

People have gotten wise to this and some now refer to it as an idealized version of Lee's battle flag

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

EvenWorseOpinions posted:

People have gotten wise to this and some now refer to it as an idealized version of Lee's battle flag

That’s even funnier.

They say “idealized”, but they mean “the Chinese factories won’t make a square flag for special snowflakes”.

Their flags are suffering from Tiki syndrome.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

The famous battle flag was actually one of the proposed options for a national flag at the Constitutional Convention in Montgomery.

It was rejected because the 'X' reminded delegates of suspenders.

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-
A running list of websites and apps that have banned, blocked, deleted, and otherwise dropped white supremacists

https://qz.com/1055141/what-websites-and-apps-have-banned-neo-nazis-and-white-supremacists/

I look forward to seeing the list grow. My fav is OKCupid banning the sobbing blobfish Cantwell

quote:

We were alerted that white supremacist Chris Cantwell was on OkCupid. Within 10 minutes we banned him for life.
— OkCupid (@okcupid)

Mein dates!

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
https://twitter.com/kittykaraoke/status/898016846460465152

EvenWorseOpinions
Jun 10, 2017

Platystemon posted:

That’s even funnier.

They say “idealized”, but they mean “the Chinese factories won’t make a square flag for special snowflakes”.

Their flags are suffering from Tiki syndrome.

Yeah, the conversation pattern is even better

"Muh confederate flag"
"Nice second confederate navy jack"
"Well it's actually Lee's battle flag but it more broadly represents-"
"Yeah it's definitely squared off like Lee's battle flag"
"Well... it's... uh... idealized..."

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
It symbolizes the incompetency of actual CSA procurement

quote:

The flags that were actually produced by the Richmond Clothing Depot used the 1.5:1 ratio adopted for the Confederate navy's battle ensign, rather than the official 2:1 ratio.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Platystemon posted:

It symbolizes the incompetency of actual CSA procurement

They weren't gonna cotton to some designer's demands.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

dumb. posted:

e: Created a nazi qq smiley but don't have the $30 to make it official

I can't do it from my phone, but PM me Sunday and I'll get it.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

how hard do you think it would be to pass around this flag

And say its one of the confederate flags? You think they are stupid enough to fall for it?

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Staryberry posted:

They tarred and feathered it. :allears:

More Shikreli Schadenfreude:

One potential juror was excused after saying “The only thing I would be impartial about is which prison he goes to” (This person is my hero)

Another mimed wringing his neck.

During his opening arguments, by his own lawyer described him as “strange,” “weird,” “nuts,” “dysfunctional,” “aggravating,”

MY hero is the guy who pretends to be impartial then isnt and 12 angry men's him into prison.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

EvenWorseOpinions posted:

Re juggalos, I have some juggalo acquaintances, and they are universally slightly off, but also very chill. According to the ones I know, being a juggalo is all about acceptance, caring, and carrying hatchet man bling

If I was forced to pick a weird subculture to join it might be juggalos

Almost forgot the point of that aside; I think they would be totally down for loving up Nazis and not being Nazi sympathisers

Considering ICP wrote a song that just says gently caress your rebel flag over and over in the chorus, I'm willing to bet that they really hate White Supremacists.

Holy poo poo, they released that song 25 years ago. I'm so old.

incoherent light
Aug 15, 2014

unnngh yessssssssss

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

I think that the most important question about statues that we, both sides of the argument, should be asking is Why the hell is there still no RoboCop statue in Detroit?! Wth ?

Applesnots has a new favorite as of 05:23 on Aug 18, 2017

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Regrettable posted:

Considering ICP wrote a song that just says gently caress your rebel flag over and over in the chorus, I'm willing to bet that they really hate White Supremacists.

Holy poo poo, they released that song 25 years ago. I'm so old.

This was before their hard right into christiandom. They also have lots of songs about murdering lots of people not just nazis. This is also the band your talking about and not their rabid fans many of whom are edgelords and mad that there is no white entertainment channel

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

EmmyOk posted:

It's a reality show where they followed rich suburban moms I'm pretty sure. I think she's one of the moms. Maybe they're not all moms but they are all housewives and rich.

It's actually the other way around. Most of them are moms but a lot of them aren't married or rich. It turns out that airing your dirty laundry and making the IRS privy to the shady poo poo you spent money on/make money from is a really dumb way to live your life successfully. And hers is set in New York were most of them work so they aren't actually housewives. The only safe thing to say is that they are horrible, out of touch people who are on the show to shill what ever products they own. It's terrible and I could talk about it forever.
Is there a reality tv sub? :

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

I watched the first half of this and thought it would be perfect, literally perfect, if a car came along and drove straight into the giant hole where the entire road used to be. But nah, there's street lights and everything, this is the real world we live in, not some Utopian schadenfreudian fantasy land, that would simply be too good to hope for. And then...........

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

ante posted:

I couldn't understand what was going on in that picture, so have some more:

Before

After

Daughters of the Confederacy, huh

"Yeah so Great Grand Paw-Paw got gutshot and died in some blood tainted cornfield in Georgia while fighting on the wrong side of history. You should come to our meetings after church and hear more!"

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Ariong posted:

We should take down every Confederate monument except for this one. "Gather round, children. This is The Confederate. Yes, that is what they looked like!"
Nah, take down every Confederate monument and replace them with that one.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Eggbeater Jesus posted:

Our beautiful statues.

:lol: behold the glory of the Southron.

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

Eggbeater Jesus posted:

Our beautiful statues.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
The Gun is good, the Penis of another man is bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JOHNSON COCKSLAP
Apr 2, 2017

by Lowtax

Croccers posted:

Oh no doubt Twitter can harbour but it's not MADE for it, it wasn't made for that purpose. You can take the Nazis out of Twitter and there'd still be more than enough of users on it.

lol bullshit.

More than half the users are american, it's majority nazi.