Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Awesome! posted:

if i do the boss and still have more than 50 remaining i usually go back and kill stuff until i am under 50 and call it good

Sorry... 50 what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

go pretty much everywhere on the map then portal out and leave the 20 remaining skeletons to their barren existence in an exploded hellhole

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

the fights with the blue man groups are a lot better but the rewards still feel like a pile of lint that was once in the vicinity of currency

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

enraged_camel posted:

Sorry... 50 what?

50 monsters. hit tab and it tells you in the top right corner (or type /remaining)

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

NecroMonster posted:

the fights with the blue man groups are a lot better but the rewards still feel like a pile of lint that was once in the vicinity of currency

eh getting 8 horizon shards 6 chaos shards and 4 harbinger shards at least is meaningful. it's like, a chaos orb worth of junk total.

just cancel harbinger league and repeat breach league. breach league was the best

Kevos Setzer
Dec 1, 2004

I can transform, right?

LordNat posted:

Those new supporter packs sure are... umm... supporter packs.

I want to know how to get that stargate harbinger portal that was in one of the pictures.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I still don't understand breaches

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

i click on the hand thing and a whole bunch of stuff rushes at me to give me gifts

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

euphronius posted:

I still don't understand breaches

All I know is there was a hand and then i clicked on it and then I died

Another time I clicked on it and I didnt die, and then there was some loot from the anime monsters, but then the purple went away and so did the loot

so I dont understand breaches either

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Sometimes there's little hands you can click too

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Look in the general vicinity of the breaches for barely-visible shimmering hands (they're not always there though). They'll spawn if the breach gets big enough and give you more shards.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

i didnt like breaches because they made me run out of scrolls of wisdom

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Get a better loot filter and/or vendor stacks of Whetstones for even more Wisdoms.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away
The purpose of breaches is to run around and get as many hi-fives as possible.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I followed some dumbshit guide that had me using just ED including GMP and picking up the projectiles piercing wheel. Goddamnit.

Piercing is good because spreading ED is easier if you can reliably hit weak enemies to kill them quickly, and that's harder if there are a bunch of buff dudes in the way. I definitely don't think GMP would be worth it though.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I've decided, it will be a raw phys Cyclone Slayer, no other gimmicks this time like ngamahu or dirge. I may have made a poor decision, but lord knows I'll just make like five more alts this league anyway. :v:

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

breaches seem cool as hell and make me sad I missed the league for them, only seen like 3 of them so far

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

breach was probably my favorite league so far (started with perandus)

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Breach was definitely top loving tier, especially when you got several maps in a row with Beyond, and put zana mod Beyond on them :getin:

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Ciaphas posted:

Breach was definitely top loving tier, especially when you got several maps in a row with Beyond, and put zana mod Beyond on them :getin:

Beyond Breach Harbinger with a Strongbox to activate. :unsmigghh: Give me blood.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Mo_Steel posted:

Beyond Breach Harbinger with a Strongbox to activate. :unsmigghh: Give me blood.

Tack on Sea Witches And Their Spawn for extra :kheldragar:

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Ciaphas posted:

And fracturing enemies mod as well

:rip:

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

whypick1 posted:

the beyond bosses spawn possessed by tormented spirits, and any rogue exiles spawned by the strongbox summon a warband on death

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Ciaphas posted:

Mo_Steel posted:

Ciaphas posted:

whypick1 posted:

Jazerus posted:

the beyond bosses spawn possessed by tormented spirits, and any rogue exiles spawned by the strongbox summon a warband on death

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2Upx3V36_8

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Man I've been doing Mathil's SR Trickster route and you sure can be repeatedly snap stunned out of casting and die miserably real fast in maps. I might give up SSF here and get better gear. Save me Brine King!

Mr. Whale
Apr 9, 2009

Dely Apple posted:

Man I've been doing Mathil's SR Trickster route and you sure can be repeatedly snap stunned out of casting and die miserably real fast in maps. I might give up SSF here and get better gear. Save me Brine King!

Try scion. The extra skill points, plus being able to start at the shadow nodes means that you have access to a ton of life and life regen nodes.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
I've been running an Oro flicker build this league, and it's loving hilarious. I'm just really glad that I've never had any problems with epilepsy or seizures, because I'm pretty sure this build can cause some serious issues for people that suffer from that.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I think I got a flipping problem, I tell myself I'm not going to spend much of my time flipping items on poe.trade, then I see someone list a ring like this for 5c and it sells for 150c within a few hours.

At least I gave the guy 3x what he was asking for so he chose me over the other 50 people asking for it.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

That's a 15 c ring imho

Ok maybe 25 c

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

The beginning of the end of PoE has a release date:

https://twitter.com/pathofexile/status/898405081476849664

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

in before "xbox release is why harbinger sucks"

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

whypick1 posted:

The beginning of the end of PoE has a release date:

https://twitter.com/pathofexile/status/898405081476849664

Can't wait for it.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
Anyone have a decent Oro in Harbinger league they can sell me? Just hit 67 on my first build after being gone for a while and I'm eager to get to flickerin.

edit: taken care of, thanks

CubeTheory fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Aug 18, 2017

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Broken Cog posted:

I've been running an Oro flicker build this league, and it's loving hilarious. I'm just really glad that I've never had any problems with epilepsy or seizures, because I'm pretty sure this build can cause some serious issues for people that suffer from that.

How does that compare to a terminus est version?

Pastry Mistakes
Apr 6, 2009

The XBOX release, will it be cross platform? As in can xbox users play with pc players?

So this is my first league, and I've kind of been doing my own thing. On my tree you'll see I've taken a few ideas here and there, but now I need some optimization because I do want to get as far as possible map wise.
https://pastebin.com/BYw9ELti

I'm level 78, I've 186% life from the tree/4.8k health, 162% armor/11.4k armor.
  • My initial goal was to become a facetanking berzerker who leeched life like a madman to stay immortal. Problem with that is there's no way I can reach Vaal Pact with what I've done (I didn't even know it existed since I stayed within the marauder skill area).
  • Another issue is that I'm not sure if I need as much life leech as I have, so if it turns out I can get some skill points back I'd love to do it. This si mainly an issue for me because I weear Death's Oath armor, which hits me with chaos damage every time I kill something. Benefits seemed to outweigh the negatives though because I thought armor was actually important and it gave me 2.3k right off the bat :(
  • I have 2 jewel sockets that I have housing 2 Survival Skills crimson jewels (+40% chance to deal double damage with Heavy Strike). I don't use Heavy Strike anymore, so half the jewel is useless to me - and on top of that I'm not really sure if I need the +20% physical damage they give me, so if there is something else that's rec'd to put in there I'd love to hear it.
  • I know I need more life. I figure my boots and helm need immediate replacing, I'm just unsure what I should look for other than +Life

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

trying out filterblade.xyz for the first time. its so cool. finally an easy way to turn off the leather belts im never going to bother to chance and the drat crude bows.

what do you guys have for chance bases this league? i added sapphire flask to t2 and moved sorc boots and ebony tower shield up to t1

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Pastry Mistakes posted:

The XBOX release, will it be cross platform? As in can xbox users play with pc players?

Big fat "no" there

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Pastry Mistakes posted:

the xbox version will be balanced somewhat differently, mostly because you can't aim a lot of skills precisely with a controller, so cross-platform play would be basically impossible to implement

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I followed some dumbshit guide that had me using just ED including GMP and picking up the projectiles piercing wheel. Goddamnit.

Unless this has been changed while I wasn't looking, the dot double dipping changes mean that the damage penalty on GMP only applies to the projectile component of Essence Drain but the dot does full damage. Should clear a ton faster than ED + Contagion until you're well into maps (maybe even then) and you can swap Swift Affliction for bosses.

Feel free to try out both, the tree shouldn't change that much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Pierce used to be a huge thing for ED, both as a source of damage and for the QoL from piercing things.

I really want to try a trickster with the new DoT changes to ED and see how much fun it is / how far I can push it.