Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Weeping Wound posted:

oh, thanks for posting this after I did just that

same, but before instead of after

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

deadgoon posted:

how is this racist

tayne has a black friend, so what

It’s not yet clear what will happen to the statue of Foster, composer of “Oh, Susanna,” “Camptown Races” and musical numbers for a slew of blackface minstrels.

The statue depicts Foster (who was white) looking regal above a banjo-playing black man in tattered clothing. The statue, which sits near the University of Pittsburgh campus on Forbes Avenue in Oakland, was commissioned in 1900 by a local newspaper editor who imagined Foster, “catching the inspiration for his melodies from the fingers of an old darkey reclining at his feet strumming negro airs upon an old banjo,” per a 2010 City Paper article.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

juche avocado posted:

we now rejoin the mattering, already in progress, and tonight! welcoming yinlock

*wanders on stage in rags, holding hand up to block the blinding rays of the stage lights* trump doctor...sex cake?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Your Personal Muse posted:

what happened during real infrastructure week I forget

he fired comey iirc

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

i only looked at it very briefly but their whole "find faith and friendship" thing makes me think its some weird religious thing, so they're probably just doing that for tax exempt status to grift rubes like everyone else

or its a sex thing. maybe both

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Regular Nintendo posted:

what the gently caress is this even saying, gently caress i hope branco has a stroke god drat

whiny baby pansy liberals are gonna make kids play touch football so they don't get head boo-boos, rather than tackling each other like REAL MEN until they can't see straight from all the concussions :dong:

kaleedity posted:

the f3 guys sell a lot of poo poo for a 501(c)3 tax exempt organization

all their profits go to building "male leadership" community programs

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

what has bannon actually been right about so far

He has done nothing but step on rakes since the day trump took office. This is him saying "haha you might think the nazi rallies have backfired in the worst way possible but it is actually I who is winning"

Nothing. Don't take bannon serious

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

incel singularity

the incelularity

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Typo posted:

we are hosed aren't we

Bannon's not wrong, unfortunately, its just that the establishment GOP will never let the party go to economic populism

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

no leftisim that has pretenses to seriousness in tyool 2017 can abandon either the New Left nor the Old Left and there's not much more than oppression Olympics or reciprocal accusations of erasure-through-priority that keeps them apart

oh and a lack of charisma that too

can we stop bein so fuckin easily wedged idk

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

shout out to cletus on the right of the back row there

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Regular Nintendo posted:

what the gently caress is this even saying, gently caress i hope branco has a stroke god drat

they're playing flag football not tackle football, cause liberal/science

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

every week is real infrastructure week

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Any time you find yourself agreeing with deadgoon you should figure out where you went wrong

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

the answer is both 4eva and always

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'

we tore down racist monuments

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

juche avocado posted:

no leftisim that has pretenses to seriousness in tyool 2017 can abandon either the New Left nor the Old Left and there's not much more than oppression Olympics or reciprocal accusations of erasure-through-priority that keeps them apart

oh and a lack of charisma that too

but bannon said all the bad things happening to his nazi pals are in fact extremely good, and why would he lie???

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
cult gay so what

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

Feldegast42 posted:

Bannon's not wrong, unfortunately, its just that the establishment GOP will never let the party go to economic populism

idk dude it might take a couple of cycles but he can primary out enough establishment types to reform the party agenda or at least force the establishment to bend the knee

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

explain urself citizen tayne

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
TRUMP

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:

Typo posted:

he has a point though

if the democrats are gonna go bernie's path this sort of poo poo does alienate a lot of white working class people the vast majority say statues aren't racist

the saving grace is college educated whites are 50/50 on it but then you get hillary's 2016 strategy redux which even if it wins might be bad cuz then democrats are centrist globalist Macrons while the republicans are America's national front

SIR.

This is blue apron, it is better way to cook. Since we bring the home cooked meals to you, there is no need to come visit us. So please stay in the succ zone

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

euphronius posted:

succ zone : no bannon is right !!

If you actually were to go to the succ zone you would find it is talking about very much other things. Like Juggalos

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

lol "bannon os lot wrong"

who types this

who believe this

(rhetorical do not at me$

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

juche avocado posted:

honestly i doubt it

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Squizzle posted:

tag yrself im the 2 eyes in shadowy leaves or mosses sitting on the branch a lil above deaths arm

I'm the nazi in the stahlhelm given my username

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
In which, once again, Trump is a loving hypocrite
https://twitter.com/JuddLegum/status/898355763353198592

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

bannon is the most wrong person who has ever lived

his flesh is literally corrupting

he's evil

but no I hate Hillary so much I'll listen to Lucifer

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Typo posted:

he has a point though

if the democrats are gonna go bernie's path this sort of poo poo does alienate a lot of white working class people the vast majority say statues aren't racist

the saving grace is college educated whites are 50/50 on it but then you get hillary's 2016 strategy redux which even if it wins might be bad cuz then democrats are centrist globalist Macrons while the republicans are America's national front

By this logic everything will backfire then.

Going full bernie is bad, but also not going full bernie is bad. This is the start of actual passionate leftist action in this country against nazis of all people. Sitting republican politicians are implicitly siding with Anti-Fascist groups against the President of the United States from their own party.

None of this is good for the right wing.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

http://i.imgur.com/NQjgc89.gifv

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Typo posted:

idk dude it might take a couple of cycles but he can primary out enough establishment types to reform the party agenda or at least force the establishment to bend the knee

yeah trumps playing the long game here for sure

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

euphronius posted:

lol "bannon os lot wrong"

who types this

who believe this

(rhetorical do not at me$

bannon got his guy elected, so, he obviously has a decent understanding of american politics and the american people

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'
https://twitter.com/ParkerMolloy/status/898343146970464256

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

mirin the muldoon quads

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

if you are typing out "bannon has a point "

Jesus

loving

Christ

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

what has bannon actually been right about so far

He has done nothing but step on rakes since the day trump took office. This is him saying "haha you might think the nazi rallies have backfired in the worst way possible but it is actually I who is winning"

I think its debatable how much you want to conflate what he thought were candid-off-the-record statements with a public interview in the way that article does

like in that same interview he totally trashed the Trump administrations official stance on North Korea, and he's obviously right on that

running on pocketbook issues while your opponents attempt to corral a heterogeneous coalition using narrowly tailored identity appeals because their corporate donors won't let them even countenance popular policies is something that a sensible person would expect to work, while his NYT interview seems like "I'm laughing!"-style spin of a loving PR disaster (though one that may advantage to Bannon's palace intrigues by further isolating Trump from the Republican establishment)

because running on not being racist starts looking a lot more appealing when your opponent is explicitly aligning themselves with the loving Klan and Nazis

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:siren: Bonnie Tyler is gonna sing Total Eclipse of the Heart during the eclipse :siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

deadgoon posted:

bannon got his guy elected, so, he obviously has a decent understanding of american politics and the american people

according to trump, not really

okay i just wanted an excuse to bring up the time trump claimed that bannon was just riding his coattails to glory

• Locked thread