Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

In fairness to Chris, he know that his AI will be so realistic that if it cant eat it would die, so he is getting the mess hall sorted first, closely followed be the toilet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

cool new Polack jokes posted:

Chris Roberts Presents the BDSSE (Best Derek Smart Subforum Ever!)

:derekpop:

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

Quavers posted:

Someone on :reddit: grabbed this in time:

So... they expect to fix 6 bugs in a 16 day span. There's 81 bugs left, divide that by 6 and multiply by 16, to get 216 days till 3.0 ooor... 7.2 months. That's assuming that they keep going at the same speed they say their going, and don't run into some really huge issues as they near shipping 3.0.

Viscous Soda fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Aug 18, 2017

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
well, there's another leak about the dev tools being absolutely poo poo confirmed

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

thatguy posted:

I do think the sub-forum name is kind of poo poo though to be honest.

A user requested that we not use "Derek Smart's Nightmare Autism Battle Arena" and it was the best I could come up with on the spot =/

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

TheAgent posted:

There's probably been $5m worth of devtime thrown at that loving mess hall scene for SQ42. just let it loving go chris. jesus
Thinking about stuff like this makes me unironically super excited to see what it turns out like.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:
Derek Smart's Poker Palace: Calling Bluffs and Just Posts

MinorInconvenience
Feb 24, 2017

Criminal lawyer or criminal, lawyer. Yeah. No difference.

Viscous Soda posted:

So... they expect to fix 6 bugs in a 16 day span. There's 81 bugs left, divide that by 6 and multiply by 16, to get 216 days till 3.0 ooor... 7.2 months. That's assuming that they keep going at the same speed they say their going, and don't run into some really huge issues as they near shipping 3.0.

Can someone explain to me with that much time left to fix the 80+ "must fix" bugs, just how "game journalists" have been able to play 3.0 already? Anyone?

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
expect to hear a lot about "code merging" and somehow its all lumberyards fault because amazon won't support them in the next year

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Mr. Tophat's Just Post Freedom Palooza

Aurra
Feb 3, 2006

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

MinorInconvenience posted:

Can someone explain to me with that much time left to fix the 80+ "must fix" bugs, just how "game journalists" have been able to play 3.0 already? Anyone?
scripted demos are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay easier to pull off, especially if you restrict the player or don't let them play but watch you "play"

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.

ahahahahhahahaha the trendline for this lands in Spring.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
The sub-forum name should be simple. Let the thread title be the weird one.

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

3.0 at Citcon confirmed!

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Quavers posted:

Someone on :reddit: grabbed this in time:

Lol, 17 days to reduce the number of issues by 10%.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Chris Roberts Presents > Star Citizen

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Hahahah yes.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

This is the poo poo! gently caress yeah!

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

something about this project isn't quite right anyone else agree?

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

A Neurotic Corncob posted:

something about this project isn't quite right, anyone else agree?
nah, everythings cool. did you see the new door tech on the latest atv? pretty drat impressive

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
starcitizen.jpg

Trilobite
Aug 15, 2001
It's so beautiful, and hysterically funny, too.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

thatguy posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Chris Roberts Presents > Star Citizen

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Chris Roberts Refactors > Star Citizen

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Chris Roberts Scope Creeps > Star Citizen

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Chris Roberts Saves PC Gaming > Star Citizen

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Quavers posted:

More cafeteria bullshit :laffo:

I would buy the poo poo out of a $5 realistic cafeteria simulator.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
loving LOL at the new graph. oh. my. Gods.

Gravity_Storm
Mar 1, 2016

Quavers posted:

Its now down to 1 NPC, 1 table. Surely this can be acheived..?

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Quavers posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Chris Roberts Saves PC Gaming > Star Citizen
I like this one.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

:ohdear:

There are going to be a lot more meltdowns over the coming months

:tif:

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

That's quite a load you got in them diapers
I'm predicting that the bullshot they show at gamescon will have a heavy focus on a crashed Idris on one of the moons, they will then put the Idris up for sale again to ride the hype train.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

thatguy posted:

I like this one.

:tipshat:

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Kinda now explains why Chrisco looked so pale like he saw a ghost in the last pic posted a few pages back.

Guess my Av is gonna be good for another year or 2.

*Edit* Cat taxxe

MinorInconvenience
Feb 24, 2017

Criminal lawyer or criminal, lawyer. Yeah. No difference.

Quavers posted:

:ohdear:

There are going to be a lot more meltdowns over the coming months

:tif:

And so begins the eternal race between time and money. Will CIG get something they can call 3.0 out before the funding dries up? Tune in next week. Same Bat Time, Same Bat Channel.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Quavers posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Chris Roberts Refactors > Star Citizen

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Chris Roberts Scope Creeps > Star Citizen

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

this owns

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

:eng101:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Kickstarter / Early Access - Yeah but this time it will be different > Star Citizen

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

Quavers posted:

Entire team cannot figure out "The cup issue" where collision is screwing up the entire animation. :lol::lol::lol: I think that poor intern said it took him weeks of searching to figure out the cause.

But I'm sure complex and engaging mining is just around the corner. This is going to be spectacular.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:
This is actually really hard to watch with Cpt. Richards totally misplaced :smuggo: expression permanently plastered in the corner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot
88 bugs down to 86

I for one am convinced this three dot oh will be live in a month or so