Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Phylodox posted:

You could stretch it and say it's the intro to Part 2.

Nice, I hadn't thought of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Phylodox posted:

You could stretch it and say it's the intro to Part 2.

I'd accept that :v: especially since Haddonfield is my favourite map in DbD

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Basebf555 posted:

Nice, I hadn't thought of that.

Also whole chunks of Freddy Vs Jason take place in a suburban area. I know they don't have the rights to that movie but who cares? We get bits of the area around the camp in a couple of the movies, and it would be really nice to get away from the camp/woods for a bit.

Maybe we'll get that Manhattan (Vancouver) map that's been tossed around here before.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

joylessdivision posted:

Also whole chunks of Freddy Vs Jason take place in a suburban area. I know they don't have the rights to that movie but who cares?

You can't copyright "suburbs", though. You could have signs around saying "Welcome to Springwood", maybe, with half the name obscured somehow, but that actually might be tempting fate.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
Nah, just a heavily wooded suburban lakeside area... as seen in 2, 4, 7, and Final.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Even just a more dense area would be nice, although I guess that's being taken care of with the smaller maps :v:

Danaru fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Aug 17, 2017

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

CHADDDDDD!!!!!! :argh:

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Sounds pretty scientific

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
there actually is a biological basis for that, it's been documented and researched really, really exhaustively. there is a distinct difference between high and low fertility orgasms for women.

there's one or two things this guy fails to mention, though.

- it's also true for men. though to a somewhat lesser extent, it still exists.
- 'low quality sperm' has absolutely loving nothing to do with it lol it's a tribal/low level social thing that goes back to being apes
- its basic function in all primates is to promote genetic diversity without wrecking pair bonds that are required for successful rearing. that's what purpose adultery serves, on both sides of the gender equation, and it works.

in other words he's still a dumbfuck angry virgin even when he's quoting biological fact because he derives all the wrong meanings from those facts.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

MacheteZombie posted:

CHADDDDDD!!!!!! :argh:

r/incels is over there....

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

what the gently caress is happening

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

joylessdivision posted:

r/incels is over there....

And should stay there or better yet cease to exist.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
lol

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

But how can these advanced theories be applied to the narrative of Friday the 13th?

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
I smell a new Jason shtick!

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Lol great idea, I'm gonna start ranting about how strong Jason is because he's volcel.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

https://twitter.com/Friday13thGame/status/898326012823457792

They updated the website with news announcing 2 new counselors and new maps, but nothing solid. Also a "Summer 84" DLC outfit set.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

joylessdivision posted:

They updated the website with news announcing 2 new counselors and new maps, but nothing solid. Also a "Summer 84" DLC outfit set.

:woop:

This is really all they need to do, just come up with some good new locales.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

the interesting bit in the code of conduct update:

(xiii) Logging out or exiting the Service during live game-play. We may track this data over time and issue a temporary ban when a user is determined to have left mid-game too many times. The length of the temporary ban will increase over time if a particular account continues to leave live game play; or

(xiv) Playing on another person’s account to “boost” that account’s status or rank.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
let's get this over with: :nws:

Tinfoil Papercut fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Aug 18, 2017

Caros
May 14, 2008

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Uh... huh.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

They modelled rear end jiggle, in a game based on an 80s boobs n blood slasher franchise. You knew it was coming.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

The patch with the new map variants is supposed to have a fix for the memory leak, a fix for objects clipping through the ground, remove Jason's ability to block firecrackers, flare guns, and traps, and more environmental kill locations

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Did they even have bikinis that small in 1984?

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

Skoll posted:

Did they even have bikinis that small in 1984?

I want those first season of married with children bikinis that are insanely sharp angled because they had to go over the hip. Hell Deborah is already the young version of Angela from Who's The Boss, so there's some wonderful outfit ideas right there. I want Jasons mask to get caught on my massive shoulderpads.

Edit gently caress if they have a Speedo Chad I'm switching off random for the first time in forever.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Good good, now show us Chappa's Speedo.

Sticky Nate posted:

what the gently caress is happening

I don't know but it's sending me into a murderous rage reading it so I guess it's thread-appropriate.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Regrettable posted:

The patch with the new map variants is supposed to have a fix for the memory leak, a fix for objects clipping through the ground, remove Jason's ability to block firecrackers, flare guns, and traps, and more environmental kill locations

its the patch we've been waiting for

also, i hope lachappa gets a speedo

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Kelp Plankton posted:

its the patch we've been waiting for

also, i hope lachappa gets a speedo

Really hoping they aren't just bullshitting with that stuff.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Imagine seven Lachappas in speedos

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
LaChappa will be in a wetsuit

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

I demand handcrafted chub jiggle

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Coffee And Pie posted:

No joke this will probably be the case, the devs probably can't resist a Part 3 reference.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Coffee And Pie posted:

Yes!

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

King Vidiot posted:

No joke this will probably be the case, the devs probably can't resist a Part 3 reference.

Well.....

https://twitter.com/friday13thgame/status/893223454572290048

I swear if Shelley makes it into the game he dies first every time I'm Jason and if I spawn as him I'm dying first.

I hate Shelley. But new maps and the "Summer of 84" makes me think we might get a daytime/sunset map which would be pretty neat.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Reposting from the Discord:

quote:

Retro Jason rework
Retro Jason will be removed soon for a short while in order to rework the music so that Jason can also hear it
"We’re going to be removing Retro Jason for a little TLC work. Don’t freak out, it will only be a month or so. We have some plans for this Jason, as we will be adding new music that both the counselor AND Jason hear during gameplay. And trust us, you’ll like the results."

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Regrettable posted:

Please let it be this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lp74OEHxqNE

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Frankly this is still creepy as gently caress (one thing that game did well was the music)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEgEAQ2J5wI

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Regrettable posted:

That's actually fine because the fakeout music never works when Retro Jason is in use, and he definitely needed to hear the cool stuff himself. People are going to flip the gently caress out anyway I think.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

hopefully they will make the skin usable from random as well, that is my largest problem at the moment; if i roll jason part 3 i'm not a chiptune :{

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
What about when the counselors are running around and Jason isn't near by? We still get the orchestral music. What would be REALLY nice is if playing as Retro Jason made ALL the music retro... Mitch would just have to write one additional track, honestly, since they're already giving Retro Jason his own retro music for playing as him. Something different... maybe in a minor key? Make it subtle. Amps up with some fading arpeggios like in an old C64 game. Occasional DPCM hits for stabs... keep the tension going. That would be cool.

• Locked thread