Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
Somebody do a mockup of my awesome win now stanley cup contender team thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

stab posted:

Somebody do a mockup of my awesome win now stanley cup contender team thanks

Drouin - Barkov - Pastrnak
Byron - Berglund - Atkinson
Burmistrov - Granlund - Hemsky
Caggiula - Laughton - Yakupov
Tippett, Gauthier

Bouwmeester - Ristolainen
Myers - Seabrook
Nurse - Larsson
Sergachev

Rask
Neuvirth

Coach: Paul Maurice

This team is going to win the draft lottery, baby!

Laderhan
Oct 2, 2013

Kilza posted:

Myers - Seabrook
Nurse - Larsson
Sergachev

Jesus christ that defense :magical:

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Let me know when Free Agency starts, so I can sign some vets for my scratches.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

Laderhan posted:

Jesus christ that defense :magical:

Good way or bad way?

Cause if you compare it to my d from last year, theyre amazing

stab
Feb 12, 2003

Kilza posted:

Tippett, Gauthier

Myers - Seabrook
Nurse - Larsson
Sergachev

Rask
Neuvirth

Thanks fam

Ps team owns

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Kilza posted:

Tippett, Gauthier

Myers - Seabrook
Nurse - Larsson
Sergachev

Rask
Neuvirth

This team is significantly better than actual montreal.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Do you guys think my team sucks or is it cool

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Forwards are pretty good. Not sure about Beagle, but at least he's playing on the fourth line. Not really sold on your defense, but if McAvoy is the real deal that could make it easier. I think you probably have one of the better goaltending tandems, if not the best. I would bet on it being a playoff team.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Fowler-McAvoy
Chara-Emelin
Zadorov-Hunwick
Folin

Uhhh your forwards are decent but that shambling D corps isn't going to win awards, especially if Zadorov fucks off to the KHL. Also you only have two right handers.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
yea the defense is garbage. I thought I'd be able to pick up guys later and then I straight up forgot about people, Kulikov comes to mind as a guy who would probably be an improvement and instead I picked a prospect, and it ended up being a mess. I think I started off pretty strong and had some ok picks in the mid round but I wasn't happy with the last...10 rounds or so

Laderhan
Oct 2, 2013

stab posted:

Good way or bad way?

Cause if you compare it to my d from last year, theyre amazing

bad way, hopefully Sergachev develops and it looks better in a few years. I really like that forward group, though.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Time to breakdown my lovely amazing team:

MacArthur - Couturier - Pominville
Vatrano - Lindholm - Puljujarvi
Jokinen - Eller - Noesen
Comeau - Ryan - Weise
Hannikainen, Slepyshev, (Glass)

Hedman - Klingberg
Klefbom - Pesce
Kempny - Pysyk

Talbot
Jarry

Coach: Bill Peters

Honestly, I think it turned out better than I first anticipated. What I wanted to do with my first two picks was get a top line center then a top pairing D-man. But after I took Hedman things kinda got weird, and I ended up going "I'll just stack my defense who cares".

The results aren't too bad. While not taking a forward until the 6th round obviously left me in a hole, I don't actually mind my forwards too much. The main thing that I drafted for was possession controlling forwards. MacArthur - Couturier - Pominville is basically a 2nd line playing a lot more minutes than they should be that's basically tasked with controlling possession and shutting down the other team's top line. Vatrano - Lindholm - Puljujarvi is my main offensive line that'll get sheltered in an effort to help boost their production. My bottom 6 of Jokinen - Eller - Noesen and Comeau - Ryan - Weise is versatile, with them all being good at possession and being able to play multiple positions, so they can easily be switched up. Hannikainen and Slepyshev are both waiver exempt and can both fit into the my line-up if the need arises, so they work as 13th/14th forwards. Cody Glass is basically my 1st line center of the future.

My defense is amazing. Hedman - Klingberg is an excellent first pairing. Klefbom - Pesce can easily be a first pairing by themselves as well, where Pesce basically fills in the Larsson role of the actual Klefbom-Larsson pairing on the Oilers except Pesce is better than Larsson. Kempny - Pysyk is an elite shut down 3rd pairing that could probably act as a 2nd pairing on most teams. I'm banking on them all staying healthy, plus there wasn't anybody else I really liked that could play in the NHL right away, thus the reason for not picking up a 7th D-man.

I do like my goaltending. Talbot is good, he was a huge reason why the Oilers made the playoffs last season and behind my D he should post exceptional numbers. Like I said, I like Jarry. I think he's good enough to be a back-up right now and play 15-20 games, and hopefully he can take over for Talbot in a few years.

As for Bill Peters, I did say this when I picked him but he turned Carolina into a strong possession team. I think he can do the same with this team, and with a strong defensive group and a goaltending duo who doesn't suck he should be able to get this team into the playoffs.

In general, it's going to be a boring team that focuses more on defense than offense. I think it's good enough to make the playoffs thanks to my killer D and G, but not good enough to win the Cup since there isn't any real star power offensively. In a couple of years, as I sign free agents, stockpile drafted players and have guys like Glass, Lindholm and Puljujarvi grow into really good players, my forwards will finally be good enough to match my defense and goaltending. The Oilers will dominate the league and win the Stanley Cup, baby.

Even my contracts are centered around this:

My top 4 D are locked up for the next 5 years, plus Pysyk for the next 3. Only Kempny needs to be re-signed after this season, which I would do at something like 6 years, $3 mil AAV. Only 4 of my 12 forwards are signed past 2019. So I'm able to move them out and bring in new guys easily. Obviously having Talbot needing to be re-signed in 2 years isn't ideal, but I would make it work. Having a ton of cap space was by design as well, since this will allow me to pay for the best forward free agents that come onto the market.

All in all, a good team that isn't ready to win the Cup yet, but will in 2-3 years. :getin:

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

In 2-3 years MacArthur Pominville and Jokinen will all be dead (if not sooner) so I'm not seeing who's supposed to score the goals there. Good D for winning 2-1 games in the interim though.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I like your defense a lot but I just don't see who scores the goals.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Great second-round exit team, ergo the Predators of yesteryear

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

For fun, let me breakdown the Kings:

JvR - E. Staal - Kessel
Bailey - Kesler - Grabner
Filppula - Nielsen - Gaborik
Kunitz - Vermette - Parenteau
Chimera, Sceviour

Keith - Martinez
Beaulieu - Seidenberg
Streit - Sustr
Wiercioch

Rinne
Hutton

Coach: Ken Hitchcock

Obviously they got a bit of a raw deal. Didn't get to pick until midway through the 3rd round, then after the 5th round (I think) they had to pick last every round. Still, turns out that drafting purely by looking at points alone gives you a really good team. Those forwards are real good. Defense is decent, I think it could be a bit better but it's still good for how the picks ended up going. Goaltending all depends on Rinne. Hopefully good Rinne shows up for this team. Ken Hitchcock, well I was supposed to draft McLellan for them but I hosed up and thought he was gone. Hitchcock is still fine though, he's won a Cup before.

Bottom line, they're a win now team. They're hosed in the near future, but who cares if you win the Stanley Cup!

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Kilza posted:

Fabbri - Toews - Perry
Marleau - Spezza - Zuccarello
Dzingel - Ho-Sang - Dano
Hinostroza - Blandisi - Ward
Bollig, Hossa

Forsling - Burns
Oleksiak - DeAngelo
Oduya - Subban
Girardi

Crawford
Subban

Anti(fun) Hero Michel Therrien

Aint nobody but me winning the draft. :colbert:

e: 500k in cap space too, suck it losers. :smug:

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
Looking for thoughts and opinions on the Winnipeg Jets. If there's anybody lurking the thread who hasn't been drafting, feel free to weigh in on how awful all our teams are.

Ovechkin - Thornton - Pavelski
Sharp - Hertl - Boeser
B. Pouliot - Keller - Burrows
Abdelkader - Nash - Raffl
Stajan

Rielly - Muzzin
Hamhuis - Schlemko
D. Pouliot - Gudbranson
Juolevi

Jake Allen
Al Montoya
Ilya Samsonov

I don't see too much issue in getting Boeser and Keller signed in the future, even with Abdelkader's contract. 8m in my cap space is taken up by Thornton who will be retired by the time that's an issue.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Meier - Seguin - Forsberg
Connor - Sobotka - Radulov
Jaskin - R.Strome - Jagr
O'Regan - Sedlak - Compher
Agostino

Hjalmarsson - Letang
A.Greene - Stralman
Djoos - Honka
Heed

Schneider
Dell

Prospects:
Miro Heiskanen

Head Coach Jon Cooper

Of course I'm not the most neutral observer but this is certainly the best 'Win Now' team I've drafted.

First Line: Seguin/Forsberg obviously is a pretty safe bet to dominate and do all the things you want your first line to do. Timo Meier is slated to play on San Jose's top line this year, and was a possession monster (in admittedly a small sample size) last year and a monster in juniors. It's perhaps a little much to ask of him at his age but I think he could handle it.

Second Line: Sobotka looked like St. Louis's best player in the playoffs after Tarasenko. I think he's slated to be their 3C, but looking at his numbers over the years I think he's a very viable 2C, especially with Radulov on his wing. Connor is something of a question mark, but he was the best player in the AHL over the 2nd half of last year and absolutely insane in the USHL and college. I think he'll be this year's Ehlers for the Jets, probably not that production level (because he won't play with Scheifele and Laine), but he may have more talent. Sobotka and Radulov are getting up there in age, but they should still have enough left in the tank to make this a very solid second line for 2-3 years.

Third Line: Probably my biggest weakness. I need Strome to recover and become something of the player he was slated to be. Jagr and Jaskin are huge bodies and suppression monsters, so hopefully this line could hold their own, chip in here and there, and grind it out like the Kings bottom six used to do.

Fourth Line: I went perhaps too young here. Sedlak was a great suppression guy last year, but I am admittedly worried about his low AHL production. The Jackets seem to like him though. O'Regan and Compher are guys who dominated in college and carried that into really great AHL debuts (O'Regan was rookie of the year). Agostino was the AHL MVP. I've always been pretty high on these kinds of guys. I don't really buy that top line career AHL players can't be good NHLers, even in a bottom six role. The NHL's thinking just hasn't caught up to that line of thinking yet (although it's trending that way). Not that O'Regan and Compher are slated to be career AHLers anyway, both guys are expected to be full time NHLers very soon by their respective franchises. Agostino is more of a question mark (he's already 25), but Boston liked him enough to give him a one way deal and he was good in his limited time with the Blues after destroying the AHL.

First Pair: When Letang is healthy, he's one of the best D in the league. Hopefully he plays more than 40 games. Hjalmarsson would be expected to play a similar role to the one he'll take for the Yotes this year (pairing with OEL and letting him do this thing).

Second Pair: Greene has had somewhat ugly fancies over the past year-year and a half, but that's because he's expected to do anything and everything for the abysmal Devils D corps. Paired with Stralman I think he's very viable as a 2nd pair shutdown guy. These two would be rock loving solid imo.

Third Pair: It would have been nice to have someone more steady with Honka, who is going to be a puck moving beast, but I like Djoos a lot and think he'll make Washington this year. This pair would get a lot offensive zone draws and chip in some points here and there. Honka is capable of moving into the top four (I believe Dallas is playing him there) when/if Letang goes down. Heed is a RHD who lit up the AHL last year (ppg from D) and could move into Honka's spot should Letang go down.

Goalies: I'm still pretty high on Schneider despite his poo poo year. With this D in front of him I have to think he'd have a pretty good year. He is getting a bit older though. Dell was one of the best backups in the league last year but he's pretty unproven so hopefully it wasn't a fluke!

Prospects: Miro played in the Liiga at age 17. Hopefully he'll be better than Larsson. Man for a team that had nothing on D for a while Dallas could have an incredible D with him/Honka/Klingberg and even Lindell (although he was kinda lovely last year).

Coach: I like Cooper a lot, his systems are positive and his players seem to like him. Great lower league track record too.

The Cap: 2019 would be a big year. A lot of big time players with expiring contracts at the UFA (chiefly Seguin) and RFA level.

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Aug 18, 2017

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

Furnaceface posted:

Fabbri - Toews - Perry
Marleau - Spezza - Zuccarello
Dzingel - Ho-Sang - Dano
Hinostroza - Blandisi - Ward
Bollig, Hossa

Forsling - Burns
Oleksiak - DeAngelo
Oduya - Subban
Girardi

Crawford
Subban

Anti(fun) Hero Michel Therrien

Aint nobody but me winning the draft. :colbert:

e: 500k in cap space too, suck it losers. :smug:

This is a really special team.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

Yaya posted:

Looking for thoughts and opinions on the Winnipeg Jets. If there's anybody lurking the thread who hasn't been drafting, feel free to weigh in on how awful all our teams are.

Tbone and good soldier and the auto draft kings are the best ones. I am baffled how the fake oilers didn't draft a forward for 6 rounds and still have a lovely defence

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

glynnenstein posted:

This is a really special team.

I wanted t o make a team worse than last years Avs.

Im not sure I succeeded.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Furnaceface posted:

I wanted t o make a team worse than last years Avs.

Im not sure I succeeded.

shoulda picked Varlamov (uh, is he the only unquestionable starting goalie who didn't get picked?)

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Huberdeau-Malkin-Neal
Burakovsky-Duchene-Hornqvist
Beauvillier-Cizikas-Kapanen
Leivo-Lewis-Kunin

OEL-Carlson
Methot-Savard
McCabe-Franson
Dunn-Makar

Reimer
C. Johnson
Demko

Coach: Todd McLellan

I went youth-heavy towards the end of the draft but I wanted some cap space left over so I can trade a prospect for vet or two at the deadline and win a cup, which is exactly what this team would do.

The top 6 forwards and D will score a lot if healthy. I gave the youngsters in the bottom 6 quality two-way vet centers to play with. Beauvillier, Kapanen and Leivo may not get a lot of playing time this season thanks to roster crunches but they're all ready for NHL roles. Kunin I know next to nothing about but his coaches talk about him as if he's a savvy intangible-filled leader so he can probably fill in the least important role on the team.

Methot isn't a great #4 but he should be serviceable with Savard. McCabe and Franson would score plenty on a third pair. Dunn might get NHL time right away after his monster rookie season in the AHL but Makar probably needs another season in junior at least; both have top-pairing potential.

Reimer is an okay starter given a moderate workload and probably the weakest link, but he usually puts up league-average numbers. gently caress goalies anyway. T-Mac is a good coach and has at least as much to work with here as he will with the Oilers. Bring it on.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

mennoknight posted:

Tbone and good soldier and the auto draft kings are the best ones. I am baffled how the fake oilers didn't draft a forward for 6 rounds and still have a lovely defence

You're just jealous the actual Flames D can't be that good. :colbert:

Jordan7hm posted:

shoulda picked Varlamov (uh, is he the only unquestionable starting goalie who didn't get picked?)

Nah, Mike Smith didn't get picked either.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Danault-Granlund-Kucherov
Hagelin-Johnson-Gallagher
Duclair-Karlsson-Shaw
Di Giuseppe-Barbashev-Goldobin
(Hudon, Gauthier)

Brodie-Parayko
Matheson-Vatanen
Davidson-Dotchin
(Murphy)

Halak
Korpisalo

Coach Montgomery

so I guess my theme this year was guys whose names end in the syllable "-en." I will score a lot more than my other SAS draft teams have, at the cost of putting on a theoretically weaker puck possession game. I think I got a lot of dudes who are skilled at getting themselves or enabling others to have high quality shots. the goaltending is probably good for a year, and then a massive question mark from there though I am high on Korpi. I like my defense and think it moves the puck up the ice very well to always keep the offense going. Kucherov gonna score 50 like those awful projections said

none of those 18-19 RFA contracts seem like they would be scary. maybe Matheson ends up being freakishly amazing and winning
Kucherov, Korpisalo have to be paid in 19-20 and I need a Hagelin replacement
Granlund and 2 top 4 D in 20-21 is when it gets rough but they are also the older D so it doesn't hurt too badly

boy i didn't know Johnson was signed that long. the core of my team can stick together for a good while at least. now as to whether it is a good core, i personally find it very difficult to affirm or deny such a thing

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I like your D a lot. I hope Murphy gets a good chance this year.

The forward core seems really good. The first pair would need to play a load of minutes but they're capable. I like it but I wish you had better goaltending.

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Aug 18, 2017

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

Foligno - MacKinnon - Backes
Ladd - Nugent-Hopkins - Bjorkstrand
Matthias - Bjugstad - Sprong
Prince - Hischier - Sheahan

Hanifin - Subban
Alzner - Pateyrn
Holden - Kronwall

Mason
Lack

Coach: Don Hay

Scratches:
Yanni Gourde (C)
Eric Gryba (D)

Minors:
Linus Ullmark (G)

I went with a bit of an esoteric gimmick, I guess. I limited my pool of available players per round to those whose names started with the last letter of the previous player picked name, i.e. P.K. Subban to Nathan MacKinnon, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins to Steve Mason, etc, all the way down to Linus Ullmark. Hopefully that made sense. I think it started off pretty alright, but about 6 or 7 rounds in, I realized it was maybe not a gimmick that would lead to a good team. I’ve learned that a lot of players names end with N, and not a lot begin with them, and of those that do begin with N, there are even fewer good players.

On to the team itself. I’m relatively pleased with the forwards, despite my bellyaching last paragraph. I’ve got a lot of center depth, and I would likely use Hischier’s line for offensive zone starts, just make it a bit easier to acclimate to playing in the NHL. Foligno is a pretty standard first liner, and MacKinnon ought to rebound on account of not being on the Avs. Backes still has pretty decent fancies, and should be able to slot in nicely as the right wing. RNH should be able to handle the 2C responsibilities nicely. Bjorkstrand is a bit of a question mark at 2RW, but if he struggles Sprong could help out. Prince has decent fancies, and should do fine at his current position, and I could easily see him getting bumped up if he excels at it. The rest of the forwards were basically guys who had alright fancies, and satisfied my gimmick. The only thing that really concerns me is the contracts of Backes and Ladd, when they eventually get bad/even more bad while I have promising RFAs to sign in Sprong, Bjorkstrand and Hanifin.

The defense I’m a lot less keen on. The first pairing should be fine, PK is obviously great, and Hanifin looks to be pretty good himself. Alzner is overpayed, but he’s a darn fine second paring guy. After this it falls apart. None of the remaining RDs I have inspire me with a bunch of confidence. Pateryn has alright fancies, albeit with limited icetime. If he can’t step up the whole operation gets a little dicey. Holden seems like he can handle bottom pairing duty fine, especially if he’s not on the Avs. Kronwall should be serviceable in a limited role, and I guess I needed to, he could move up to second paring.
Steve Mason has been pretty good on some pretty bad flyers teams, and as bad as my defense is, I think he’s succeeded with worse. He struggled the previous season, but that is probably because platooning your goalies and firing the good goalie coach are bad ideas. They have tacos in New Jersey, so Lack should be fine.

Don Hay’s name begins with D, and that’s good enough for me.

Yanni Gourde and Eric Gryba will likely serve as healthy scratches, unless someone struggles mightily. Ullmark will be in Albany Binghamton for this season, play backup to Mason for 18-19, and hopefully be ready to be the starter when Mason’s contract is up for the 2019-20 season.

I see this team as being able to compete for a playoff spot, but not be an actual contender. The actual window will likely open a few years down the road, as Bjorkstrand, Sprong, Hischier, and Hanifin develop into (hopefully) above average talent. It’s possible as the window approaches, a one of the forwards is shipped out to bolster the defense, but that’s several years down the road. For now, they’ll likely have to settle for one of the wildcard spots, at best.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I'm not super thrilled with my forward group though being able to snag Cullen late did a lot to redeem my fourth line which was looking disastrous. I do have a pretty strong defense, though. Murray-Jensen is a great third pair, I think, and my top 4 is strong.

I'm pretty sure Price could get this team into the playoffs.

Guentzel-Giroux-Rakell
Connor Brown-Horvat-Silfverberg
Armia-Zajac-Jurco
Bellemare-Cullen-Reaves

Lazar/Bertuzzi

Pietrangelo-Colin Miller
Dumoulin-Chris Wideman
Ryan Murray-Jensen

Morrow

Price

Randy the Dandy Carlyle

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

eXXon posted:

Huberdeau-Malkin-Neal
Burakovsky-Duchene-Hornqvist
Beauvillier-Cizikas-Kapanen
Leivo-Lewis-Kunin

OEL-Carlson
Methot-Savard
McCabe-Franson
Dunn-Makar

Reimer
C. Johnson
Demko

I like this team a lot although your goaltending is a huge concern. But that's a nasty top six and your top pairing owns. Your bottom six is a tad questionable, but does have youth on its side.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Ginette Reno posted:

I'm not super thrilled with my forward group though being able to snag Cullen late did a lot to redeem my fourth line which was looking disastrous. I do have a pretty strong defense, though. Murray-Jensen is a great third pair, I think, and my top 4 is strong.

I'm pretty sure Price could get this team into the playoffs.

Guentzel-Giroux-Rakell
Connor Brown-Horvat-Silfverberg
Armia-Zajac-Jurco
Bellemare-Cullen-Reaves

Lazar/Bertuzzi

Pietrangelo-Colin Miller
Dumoulin-Chris Wideman
Ryan Murray-Jensen

Morrow

Price

Randy the Dandy Carlyle

it's another team I think is better than the Real Canadiens (especially the D). I like Zajac a lot as a 3C but Armia/Jurco are pretty meh.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I love defending my Sabres and ex Sabres to an unjustifiable extent, but man that McCabe-Franson pair would scare me

Def the best 1/2 center punch I see though.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Gaudreau - Galchenyuk - Nyquist
Killorn - Anisimov - Athanasiou
Rieder - Dubois - Boedker
Kuhnhakl - Eakin - Leipsic
x Motte

(Nichushkin)

Carlsson - Trouba
Nutivarra - Barrie
Forbort - Carrick
x Polak

Jones
Pickard

Coach Todd Rearden

My team is building for 18-19. There's a lot of unknowns in the lineup, but my goaltending is strong and top 6 is serviceable. It'll be a better lineup once Nichushkin comes back from the KHL, and once PLD/carlsson find their footing.

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

He died

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Jonathan Fisk posted:

I love defending my Sabres and ex Sabres to an unjustifiable extent, but man that McCabe-Franson pair would scare me

They played fine together. If there's anything to worry about, it's McCabe away from Franson, but it appears most of that was getting absolutely buried alongside Rasmus Ristolainen, who appears to have an entirely undeserved reputation as a stud shutdown D.

Anyway I'm glad to have found a website with WOWY info again, but unfortunately it seems to just be for the last season and doesn't have zone deployments like hockeyanalysis did.

Boomer The Cannon posted:

Gaudreau - Galchenyuk - Nyquist
Killorn - Anisimov - Athanasiou
Rieder - Dubois - Boedker
Kuhnhakl - Eakin - Leipsic
x Motte

(Nichushkin)

Carlsson - Trouba
Nutivarra - Barrie
Forbort - Carrick
x Polak

Jones
Pickard

Coach Todd Rearden

My team is building for 18-19. There's a lot of unknowns in the lineup, but my goaltending is strong and top 6 is serviceable. It'll be a better lineup once Nichushkin comes back from the KHL, and once PLD/carlsson find their footing.

I like your RD and LW but uhhhh LD and C is a giant hole. Isn't Galchenyuk terrible as a C?

Also T-Bone does Ryan Strome even play C anymore? He's certainly not going to on the Oilers.

Precambrian Video Games fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Aug 19, 2017

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy
With my last pick I'll take an actual D man from Colorado, Bigras. I'll post my lines tomorrow.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

eXXon posted:

Also T-Bone does Ryan Strome even play C anymore? He's certainly not going to on the Oilers.

Actually, he will play center with the Oilers for some games. This is something I remember Chiarelli talking about in his press conferences. Which makes less sense why the Oilers would trade away Eberle, a RW, for somebody who'll play C, a position where they already have 3 guys better than Strome (McDavid, Drai, Nuge). They'll trade away Nuge next off-season to make room, RIP

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy

take me you ANIMAL posted:

With my last pick I'll take an actual D man from Colorado, Bigras. I'll post my lines tomorrow.

And I guess I signed one of my FA's, been locked in the trump thread for the past few days so sorry I missed the last round.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

eXXon posted:

They played fine together. If there's anything to worry about, it's McCabe away from Franson, but it appears most of that was getting absolutely buried alongside Rasmus Ristolainen, who appears to have an entirely undeserved reputation as a stud shutdown D.

Anyway I'm glad to have found a website with WOWY info again, but unfortunately it seems to just be for the last season and doesn't have zone deployments like hockeyanalysis did.

Brother, Rasmus is barely a top-4 D rn and he's miles better than anyone else on last year's squad. It's why they brought in 3 new starters and hopefully will Butcher too.

I don't know enough about advanced metrics as to speculate why they're misleading in this case but it's probably due to Dan "Satan" Bylsma and the tank poisoning the well

• Locked thread