Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Smiling Jack posted:

remember when 2008 swept in a permanent democratic majority because people were so upset with the republicans

or remember when Trump's campaign crashed because he sexually assaulted women and mocked a gold star family

there is always more, the electorate is always worse, the future is the democrats loving up forever
Well on 2008. Norm Coleman acted like a gigantic bitch and tied Franken up in court for 8 monts. Mitch McConnell obstructed everything to try and make Obama a one term president. Joe Lieberman was his cunty self. Then Ted Kennedy died and Scott Brown replaced him. What little time to get something done there was got wasted by loving Turtleman, and then 2010 happened due to a combination of idiots who didn't understand the con job the Republicans had played for 2 year and idiots who don't vote in primaries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

milk milk lemonade posted:

If Donald Trump tried to kill himself would the secret service stop him cause its their duty? Can you imagine knowing your legacy is going to be that you're the most retarded president of all time by a factor of 10? I'd kill myself.

Chairman Cheeto would never off himself and will never see himself in that light. He's whole-hog narcissist all the way; thinks he's practically infallible.

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band

FrozenVent posted:

Hey I'm the guy who used to drive the freighters your skipper was so worried about.

We thought he was an absolute dolt.

The VHF is not a collision avoidance tool. Don't loving talk to me unless you have good reason to.

Asking a freighter why they made a course change that put them on a collision course with a sailing vessel broadcasting on AIS at 0300 isn't a good reason to use VHF. Got it.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

McNally posted:

In fairness, nobody gives a gently caress about gold star families.

:stare:

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Ceiling fan posted:

Asking a freighter why they made a course change that put them on a collision course with a sailing vessel broadcasting on AIS at 0300 isn't a good reason to use VHF. Got it.

merchant marine still angry about pq-17

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Ceiling fan posted:

That wasn't a freighter, it was a lighthouse :troll:

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
http://www.businessinsider.com/assange-turned-down-documents-related-to-russian-government-corruption-2017-8

You will be shocked, SHOCKED to find out that Assange apparently does not want to directly publish stuff that makes Russia look bad!

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

McNally posted:

In fairness, nobody gives a gently caress about gold star families.

:glomp:

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Smiling Jack posted:

remember when 2008 swept in a permanent democratic majority because people were so upset with the republicans

or remember when Trump's campaign crashed because he sexually assaulted women and mocked a gold star family

there is always more, the electorate is always worse, the future is the democrats loving up forever

And of course, voting is done secretly. As it should be. But as a consequence, half the people who say Trump's latest faux pas is a dealbreaker will still vote for him when nobody's watching. Just like they did the last time. Party above all.

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016

Duke Chin posted:

Chairman Cheeto would never off himself and will never see himself in that light. He's whole-hog narcissist all the way; thinks he's practically infallible.

Mr. Mambold posted:

That's not how absolute narcissism works.

Okay but theoretically would secret service stop him?

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016

Arc Light posted:

And of course, voting is done secretly. As it should be. But as a consequence, half the people who say Trump's latest faux pas is a dealbreaker will still vote for him when nobody's watching. Just like they did the last time. Party above all.

He lost the election though qtiyd

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Literally anyone in the loving room with the president would stop himself from putting a gun to his head unless he had completely alienated them

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

I doubt the president is ever alone and unobserved long enough to OD or hang himself without someone intervening.

I mean, everyone trots them out as some sort of moral authority, but the truth is that they usually understand the geopolitical forces that lead to their kids getting blowed up on some dusty foreign road even less than their kids did when they enlisted.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

He lost the election though qtiyd

we lost

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Dead Reckoning posted:

I doubt the president is ever alone and unobserved long enough to OD or hang himself without someone intervening.

http://articles.latimes.com/2002/jan/14/news/mn-22490

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Apparently Spanish cops killed the gently caress out of 5 other terrorists attempting to terrorist.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005

psydude posted:

Apparently Spanish cops killed the gently caress out of 5 other terrorists attempting to terrorist.

Yeah this is going to be hard to write off as a lone wolf.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

J33uk posted:

Yeah this is going to be hard to write off as a lone wolf.

https://twitter.com/kingdonomics/status/895023053075120128

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Arc Light posted:

Everyone shoots their mouth off on social media these days. If you know anyone who is still in the tank for Donnie make sure to archive their poo poo to shame them with later, if there is a later.

Of course you'll probably get "BUTTERMAILZ!!"

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Some Republicans are paying lip service-

http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/17/politics/tim-scott-donald-trump-charlottesville/index.html

http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/17/politics/bob-corker-criticizes-trump-charlottesville/index.html

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
That ain't lip service. That's trying to get out of being loving slaughtered in 2018

Edit: Republicans have to hate this motherfucker right now. Gonna get insane before the end of the year

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

That ain't lip service. That's trying to get out of being loving slaughtered in 2018

Edit: Republicans have to hate this motherfucker right now. Gonna get insane before the end of the year

I'm still not trusting midterm turnout though. Noisy tweets are just that but answering polling sure as poo poo ain't the same as putting the controller down and taking the time to go vote and that's not counting the flaming hoops that are gonna be in the way of anyone not lily as gently caress.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
I just caught up to Trump's Pershing-pigs-blood comment.

Is that...a step up from him congratulating himself on calling it? I mean...it's just something incredibly dumb, but I feel like it's a little less bad than a guy being giddy about people dying so he can say he was right.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I just caught up to Trump's Pershing-pigs-blood comment.

Is that...a step up from him congratulating himself on calling it? I mean...it's just something incredibly dumb, but I feel like it's a little less bad than a guy being giddy about people dying so he can say he was right.

I dunno. I feel like it is citing a totally false story that's quite racist and could very easily be seen as promoting racism and anti-islamic tendencies, and possibly even war crimes at a time when the absolutely last thing he should be doing is getting anywhere near any of that. It was just incredibly impulsive and stupid and gross. There are rumors flying around rn that Kelly is resigning soon, possibly already did and is announcing it tomorrow, and I would not be surprised at all if that was the tweet that broke the Kelly's back.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Blind Rasputin posted:

I dunno. I feel like it is citing a totally false story that's quite racist and could very easily be seen as promoting racism and anti-islamic tendencies, and possibly even war crimes at a time when the absolutely last thing he should be doing is getting anywhere near any of that. It was just incredibly impulsive and stupid and gross. There are rumors flying around rn that Kelly is resigning soon, possibly already did and is announcing it tomorrow, and I would not be surprised at all if that was the tweet that broke the Kelly's back.

Who wants to make some money? :getin:

https://www.predictit.org/Contract/7605/Will-John-Kelly-be-White-House-chief-of-staff-on-September-30#data

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Mike Pence's website got hacked.

http://www.officialmikepence.com/

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?

Two Finger posted:

Mike Pence's website got hacked.

http://www.officialmikepence.com/

April Fools!

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Ceiling fan posted:

The guy's an idiot who's following the yellow line on the magic box. Talking to him - if he speaks English - won't make him less of an idiot. Change course. You know, like the rules say you should do.

In five years at sea, I never once heard a collision avoidance discussion with a pleasure craft that wasn't a complete waste of time. And I've never heard a collision avoidance discussion outside of pilotage water that didn't dissolve into hilarious - but useless - screaming in butchered English. "YOU CROSS MY BOW I KILL YOU I KILL YOUR WHOLE FAMILY!" Type stuff. You've got a rudder, use it.

Don't use the VHF for collision avoidance. Unless you're RAM or NUC.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

https://twitter.com/JulianRoepcke/status/898481616540008448

Interesting if this turns out to be verified.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

loving Yankees fans

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

.....this kind of makes sense in a way. Assad wants to drive away any support for Syrian refugees, it wouldn't be shocking to find out that he's got people trained to look like ISIS to diminish support for refugees.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
hoooooly moly

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/898515484244574208

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/898513095089205250

Transcript: https://twitter.com/DavidWright_CNN/status/898512909185110017

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Aug 18, 2017

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

CommieGIR posted:

.....this kind of makes sense in a way. Assad wants to drive away any support for Syrian refugees, it wouldn't be shocking to find out that he's got people trained to look like ISIS to diminish support for refugees.

Or the Russians running the show for him

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Internet Wizard posted:

Or the Russians running the show for him

That too.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

She calls her daughter "Ms Heyer"?

Bit odd, no?

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Bit odd, no?

Yeah, I don't say anything strange when my kid just died and I'm on TV for one of the first times in my life.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

People react strangely to strange events, like having your daughter murdered by a Nazi, getting poo poo on by the President or being on television, or all three at once.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Everyone relax, I was just pointing it out, not going full SEE, SHE'S A PAID CRISIS ACTOR, FALSE FLAG, FALSE FLAG!!

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Bit odd, no?

Thought that too, it's really odd. At some point there was a last name change (mother's name is Susan Bro, different last name), so I figured she's just all kinds of messed up after the funeral and being on TV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Everyone relax, I was just pointing it out, not going full SEE, SHE'S A PAID CRISIS ACTOR, FALSE FLAG, FALSE FLAG!!

I didn't think you were. It just seemed to have a simple explanation to me. I'd say some stupid poo poo if you just pointed a camera in my direction.

• Locked thread