Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya
The best thing for sisters is pretty well Dominions, Retributors and Seraphim(And Celestine).

I use flamers on Seraphim, but that is mostly because I don't want to convert Melta pistols.

Celestine hits like a goddamn truck too.

This is the best that Sisters have been since like 5th edition.

I am a filthy mixer though, so I have Tempestus to drop in behind my enemy to help with tanks hidden somewhere.

I wish I had repressors to use, but Immolaters are quite good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

Deptfordx posted:

Say. Wasn't there supposed to be a new Titans game coming out? In fact now I think about it weren't we expecting it back in March?

Adeptus Titanicus. Supposedly delayed because they wanted to do a larger release for it after Blood Bowl went down well, so Necromunda got pushed up the timetable.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I haven't been paying attention for awhile, is Warhammer good now? And have they updated the Chaos Space Marine models beyond the new Nurgle guys?

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
8th ed is great, Chaos ain't getting new models outside the new Nurgle stuff.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

SteelMentor posted:

Adeptus Titanicus. Supposedly delayed because they wanted to do a larger release for it after Blood Bowl went down well, so Necromunda got pushed up the timetable.

It was originally going to be resin Titans, but they confirmed at the recent weekender that AT will be primarily plastic kits instead. The rules / book are all done, they're just working on more models and waiting for a better spot in the release schedule next year.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

xtothez posted:

It was originally going to be resin Titans, but they confirmed at the recent weekender that AT will be primarily plastic kits instead.

This pleases me greatly.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
Does anybody even purchase those Forge World titans

Like I can't even imagine what sort of person would field one since a single titan is like an entire army's worth of points

Also they cost as much as my student loan payments for an entire year

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
This dude's D&D board went viral and you can see some stuff in the background

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

Guy Goodbody posted:

This dude's D&D board went viral and you can see some stuff in the background

I remember seeing that. You can buy a decent car for the money this guy has sunk into what we can see in this picture alone. I think the titans by themselves were like 3-4k US.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

goose willis posted:

Like I can't even imagine what sort of person would field one since a single titan is like an entire army's worth of points

Horus Heresy games.

We have a psychic Warlord class that is 3250pts base. The smallest game you can use it in is 13000pts.

EDIT: One of its weapon options is essentially a weaponised starship warp drive that malfunctions on command.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
Titans seem like the sort of thing that you should be able to easily proxy or even build yourself since the scale is so insanely large

I just don't understand how they can charge over a thousand dollars for a loving block of resin with some details on top

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
The Warlord is an incredibly impressive model. It's a pretty niche purchase, to be sure.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

goose willis posted:

Titans seem like the sort of thing that you should be able to easily proxy or even build yourself since the scale is so insanely large

I just don't understand how they can charge over a thousand dollars for a loving block of resin with some details on top

Aren't the smaller ones around the size of the Kotobukiya Metal Gear Rex?

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
an imperial US measurement I am not familiar with.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

goose willis posted:

Because everyone thinks that and then they try to scratchbuild one and it looks like garbage.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

goose willis posted:

Here's mine

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.

goose willis posted:

Played with, multiple times. We've even done titan only battles.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Stop talking about 30k guys, people might get the wrong idea

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Broken Record Talk posted:

nice gw angle you got there

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Does every 40k player have those ikea glass display cases? I have 3 myself...

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

OhDearGodNo posted:

Does every 40k player have those ikea glass display cases? I have 3 myself...

Detolfs are the go-to display case for nerd poo poo. Doa google image search for Detolfs, nobody's putting vases in those things.

R0ckfish
Nov 18, 2013
So I am thinking of doing a bunch of Salamanders, and man am I having troubles figuring out what to do with the last 700 points of a potential list, at the moment I was thinking I would have at least the starter marines in DI, a Las Repulser and aggressors which is ~1300 since I am not sure if I would use the ancient. After that if I do primaris only it seems hard not to have a bunch of dark angels (more intercessors, hellblasters and I dunno a some more inceptors or something), otherwise I was thinking of having a fatty team of assault centurions in a redeemer.

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009
E: forgot I had the prospero box

Immanentized fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Aug 18, 2017

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках
I'm planning on doing Vulkan He'Stan and two units of flame Aggressors to round out my Salamanders, if that helps.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Guy Goodbody posted:

Detolfs are the go-to display case for nerd poo poo. Doa google image search for Detolfs, nobody's putting vases in those things.

Agree. They are also scary to put together.

I'm using 3 high color rated puck lights but they don't seem to reach the bottom shelves better.

I wonder if strip lighting on each level is better.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Personally I prefer Billy with glass shelves and doors. You can get a greater density of shelves because it's actually designed to accommodate them. Get some clear plastic jewellery display steps to stand your men on and you're good to go.

Lovely Joe Stalin fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Aug 18, 2017

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

This isn't even yours.

Hamshot
Feb 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

goose willis posted:

i JuSt DoNt UnDeRsTaNd

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

One_Wing posted:

I have finished painting up some Wraithguard and Windriders and am super psyched to try out the new edition. This is the list I've come up with for a 1000 point game - does anyone have any suggestions?

++ Patrol Detachment (Aeldari - Craftworlds) [53 PL, 1000pts] ++

+ HQ +

Farseer [6 PL, 113pts]: 1. Guide, 2. Doom, Witchblade

+ Troops +

Guardian Defenders [4 PL, 105pts]: 10x Guardian Defender
. Guardian Heavy Weapons Platform: Bright Lance

Guardian Defenders [4 PL, 80pts]: 10x Guardian Defender

+ Elites +

Howling Banshees [8 PL, 124pts]
. 6x Howling Banshee: 6x Power Sword
. Howling Banshee Exarch: Shuriken Pistol & Executioner

Wraithguard [10 PL, 200pts]: Wraithcannon, 5x Wraithguard

+ Fast Attack +

Windriders [5 PL, 96pts]
. 3x Windrider - Shuriken Cannon: 3x Shuriken Cannon

+ Heavy Support +

Wraithlord [7 PL, 125pts]: Ghostglaive, Shuriken Cannon, Shuriken Catapult, Shuriken Catapult

+ Dedicated Transport +

Wave Serpent [9 PL, 157pts]: Twin Bright Lance, Twin Shuriken Catapult

++ Total: [53 PL, 1000pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

Feels like you're light on anti-tank. With the way that high Damage weapons are useful not only for vehicles, but also for any number of other targets including Warlords, 2-3 wound Elites, Monsters, and so on, you're going to want more of that, even in a 1000pt game. My most recent 1k game had me with a Lemun Russ and a Razorback against an army with three Raiders in it. Right now, the kind of 1k army I normally run could probably take out all three of your Bright Lances on the first turn, since I'll have lots of Missile Launchers to shoot down the Serpent and 10 Guardians will evaporate if I sneeze on 'em with Bolter fire. Once they're gone the only easy way you'd have left to take out high toughness/high wound targets is punching them to death with the Wraithlord, and that's going to be a bitch trying to run down speed 12" vehicles with a Wraithlord.

tl;dr Get more Bright Lances and/or Aeldari Missile Launchers

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

I like the last one as abstract art.

Title: Titan
Medium: Lowe's discount PVC piping I bought with the last $6 on a gift card I used mostly to buy paint for huffing.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.

Amazing

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.

panascope posted:

This isn't even yours.

Betrayed, by the Warmaster? Why I never... :vince:

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
You're out of the magic circle.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.
Crosspost, RE my local game stores CHAPTER CHALLENGE, and the entries we have so far:

a cock shaped fruit posted:

The 'Sons of Stygia' were a veto-d name, he reserved the right to choose his own name. *shrug*

The rest, in order:
  • War Brothers
  • Regal Consuls
  • Iron Hawks
  • Doom Templars (I love this one)
  • Sapphire Angels

Where's my entry? I'm a dickhead that didn't leave it in the display case.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
I love the head on the War Brother. Tally ho.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

goose willis posted:

There's people in the world for whom money isn't an object

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

a cock shaped fruit posted:

Crosspost, RE my local game stores CHAPTER CHALLENGE, and the entries we have so far:

Heh, Sapphire Angles :)

One_Wing
Feb 19, 2012

Handsome, sophisticated space elves.

jng2058 posted:

Feels like you're light on anti-tank. With the way that high Damage weapons are useful not only for vehicles, but also for any number of other targets including Warlords, 2-3 wound Elites, Monsters, and so on, you're going to want more of that, even in a 1000pt game. My most recent 1k game had me with a Lemun Russ and a Razorback against an army with three Raiders in it. Right now, the kind of 1k army I normally run could probably take out all three of your Bright Lances on the first turn, since I'll have lots of Missile Launchers to shoot down the Serpent and 10 Guardians will evaporate if I sneeze on 'em with Bolter fire. Once they're gone the only easy way you'd have left to take out high toughness/high wound targets is punching them to death with the Wraithlord, and that's going to be a bitch trying to run down speed 12" vehicles with a Wraithlord.

tl;dr Get more Bright Lances and/or Aeldari Missile Launchers

Useful data, thank you. I have a second, properly old-school wraithlord model without the blade that I could stick a bright lance to, so would you suggest losing the blade and changing the shuricannon to a lance (as that's a doable points wise).

I do have the wraithguard as additional anti-tank mind - they should utterly murder any vehicle they get to fire on with S10 d6 damage guns.

Also, can a 1000 point army seriously tag an average of five krak missile wounds on t1 (assuming d6 damage that's how many it takes to down a serpent on average thanks to the shield)?

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Corrode posted:

There's people in the world for whom money isn't an object

As hobbies go, having the most obscene ridiculous component top out at £1k is pretty tame. Only a tiny subset of people involved will go that far. People into paintball, shooting, motorsport, pc gaming will beat that easy.

I do not own a titan, nor will I ever :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

Hamshot posted:

i JuSt DoNt UnDeRsTaNd
you're keeping this quality poo poo to yourself while the Unspiration thread limps along on titty models??