Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

EmmyOk posted:

e: oh actually your first page of posts lol

:ironicat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
In the anime slapfight there are no winners. Except for me because I'm not either one of you.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
As long as you go to work, pay your taxes, and do what you're told by The Establishment, you can enjoy whatever entertainment you want, as long as it keeps you behaving yourself.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Aramek posted:

As long as you go to work, pay your taxes, and do what you're told by The Establishment, you can enjoy whatever entertainment you want, as long as it keeps you behaving yourself.

This, but with the FDA's recommended daily intake of irony.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Soiled Meat

bradzilla posted:

lmfao, you got super butthurt that I called anime bad so you searched my post history

as much as i loathe dismissing any criticism of anime, wrestling is far worse than even the most degenerate anime scum, hth

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Which moves faster, a wrestling storyline or a dragon ball z fight?

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I'd wager that wrestling fans are fatter on average than anime fans

I have no hard data, but that's what my gut tells me

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

steinrokkan posted:

as much as i loathe dismissing any criticism of anime, wrestling is far worse than even the most degenerate anime scum, hth

durrrrrr

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_qxn_8sybw

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

EmmyOk posted:

I've no problem with someone liking or hating both or just liking one but it's funny when someone is like "haha this is for babies and weebs not like wrestling".

Liking things that are meant for children is natural if you were ever a child. Let's just hope it isn't Hitler or Mao.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

This isn't an unpopular opinion by any metric but gosh darn Mr. T. is one of the most charismatic American actors ever.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Nathan Bedford Forrest said that the secret to battle was "gettin' there firstest with the mostest", but if the success of the Soviet Union and especially the United States in and after World War 2 are anything to go by, the correct wisdom is "Get there lastest with the mostest."

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
My unpopular opinion is I don't care if people like the same things I do.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
My unpopular opinion is that if Tatara wins the dance-off and leaves Mako to partner with Shizuka I will lose my poo poo

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Soiled Meat

Please tell me more about your favorite retarded punchy man, if possible in twenty paragraphs or more

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Is Miyazaki anime?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Nathan Bedford Forrest said that the secret to battle was "gettin' there firstest with the mostest", but if the success of the Soviet Union and especially the United States in and after World War 2 are anything to go by, the correct wisdom is "Get there lastest with the mostest."

Sure. No sense in taking advice from one of the guys who was on the losing side, after all.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Taxation is not theft. Privatisation in any way, shape, or form, however, is literal theft.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Apparently Iceland has had Down Syndrome almost disappear due to preventative screening and abortion, and my unpopular opinion is if there's a way to tell if a child you'll have will have a disability or disorder you don't feel you want to handle, you should be able to just have the abortion. I have a parent who works with MH kids and friends who work in child welfare, and I've seen or heard so many parents just leave the kids because they couldn't handle it.

Not to say that the parents who stay and deal with it shouldn't be heralded and respected, but someone who feels they wouldn't be able to stick it out shouldn't let a bad situation play itself out like that.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

bobjr posted:

Apparently Iceland has had Down Syndrome almost disappear due to preventative screening and abortion, and my unpopular opinion is if there's a way to tell if a child you'll have will have a disability or disorder you don't feel you want to handle, you should be able to just have the abortion. I have a parent who works with MH kids and friends who work in child welfare, and I've seen or heard so many parents just leave the kids because they couldn't handle it.

Not to say that the parents who stay and deal with it shouldn't be heralded and respected, but someone who feels they wouldn't be able to stick it out shouldn't let a bad situation play itself out like that.

I think that's the kind of thing Jastiger means when he goes on about eugenics. I think most would agree (except for people who object on religious grounds) that if you feel you can't handle raising a kid (for any reason), getting an abortion is a reasonable option.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
Wrestling is anime. you got goodguys, badguys, a lot of standing around talking, named special/finishing moves and a bunch of idiots off to the side describing/acting impressed by the fight.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Dogs are also anime.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Anime is bloodhound.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

The American Kath & Kim was better than the Australian one. Mainly because the Australian one had Glenn Robbins and Magda Szubanski in it (neither of whom I dislike otherwise but their characters in that show are terrible).

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
You have to be pretty mad to even consider looking at another poster's post history.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

sassassin posted:

You have to be pretty mad to even consider looking at another poster's post history.

Or a secret santa.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Jerry Cotton posted:

Or a secret santa.

I'm more of a sensual Santa

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Pastry of the Year posted:

I'm more of a sensual Santa

I... OK?

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

You will be

Caufman
May 7, 2007
I prefer to drive against traffic than with it.

Tarantula
Nov 4, 2009

No go ahead stand in the fire, the healer will love the shit out of you.

Tiggum posted:

The American Kath & Kim was better than the Australian one. Mainly because the Australian one had Glenn Robbins and Magda Szubanski in it (neither of whom I dislike otherwise but their characters in that show are terrible).

Alright now your just looking for a fight.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Tarantula posted:

Alright now your just looking for a fight.

This is the unpopular opinions thread.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Am I the only one who has never in my life heard of Kath and Kim?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Am I the only one who has never in my life heard of Kath and Kim?

I assume it's a British thing. Did you know that Britain had a Lassie remake, but they called it Skippy and instead of a dog it was a kangaroo?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Guy Goodbody posted:

I assume it's a British thing. Did you know that Britain had a Lassie remake, but they called it Skippy and instead of a dog it was a kangaroo?

It's an Australian thing that had a very short lived American remake

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
How can you look at this and not think it's a liartown parody?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

sassassin posted:

I dunno. If I have a vague recollection that someone said something dumb that's relevant and I know what thread it's in I might poke around.

But yeah anything more involved than that is way too much investment for me.

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

My PHUO is that horror movies are better when the monster gets explained. I want to learn that the monster haunting the house is the ghost of a lady who is sad because her child died in a fire or something. I also want to know where that alien came from and why it hungers for human blood so much.

Of course many horror move explanations end up being bad and cheesy and ruining the mood, but the problem there is that the explanation is silly, not that it exists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
My PHUO is kinda tangential to that; horror movie monsters need rules. Defined abilities, goals, a way to defeat it.

When it's a paranormal Incident type monster, that sucks. It's a demon. What can it do? I dunno, anything. What does it want? To gently caress with people for a while and then kill them at the end of the movie for some reason. Can it be defeated? lol no. That's boring. There's no tension. The monster is going to gently caress with the characters for no reason and then kill them. If it's end goal is kill them, why not do that at the beginning? If there's no way to beat it, why do I care about the character's struggle?