Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bengy81
May 8, 2010
So...Did the newest patch break the game for anybody else?
I'm getting stuck on the match loading screen, sometimes it boots me to the main menu after I force open task manager, but mostly its just freezes. Any ideas on a fix?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

bengy81 posted:

So...Did the newest patch break the game for anybody else?
I'm getting stuck on the match loading screen, sometimes it boots me to the main menu after I force open task manager, but mostly its just freezes. Any ideas on a fix?

try disabling your av if nothing else works. A few patches ago bitdefender was causing me to crash every time I got in the airplane

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747
I wish I had a way to counter people instantly headshotting me with crossbows and instantly headshotting me with KAR98s in 1v1 situations.

Maybe I should just /gitgud/

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

puberty worked me over posted:

I wish I had a way to counter people instantly headshotting me with crossbows and instantly headshotting me with KAR98s in 1v1 situations.

Like a level 3 helmet maybe?

Confer
Feb 28, 2017

puberty worked me over posted:

Or you know, don't sit still long enough to get hit by a crossbow. Bob and weave baby!

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
They need to bring stats to FPP so my stupid friends will play

What does the badness score in the discord mean?

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

They should put working windshield wipers on cars for FPP, it would really add to the immersion.

Confer
Feb 28, 2017

VulgarandStupid posted:

They should put working windshield wipers on cars for FPP, it would really add to the immersion.

That would be awesome on the raid maps. Especially if the water actually obscured your vision slightly before being wiped off.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Just got my first chicken dinner after an obscene number of games. I managed to get a silenced kar98k early on and found a really nice camping spot facing up a hill with a rock to my back in the middle of the 4th circle. Lucky circle placements allowed me to stay in my spot for a bit and hit people as they ran up the hill past me. I finished the last dude with my UMP as he crouched up from prone to try to spot me.

I've finished top 2 or 3 so many times so it was a relief to finally win one.

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go
I just dropped out of the top million in rating. Yay?

Crappers
Jun 16, 2012
This game has stats? I'm afraid to see how badly I'm doing tbh

Confer
Feb 28, 2017

Crappers posted:

This game has stats? I'm afraid to see how badly I'm doing tbh

It's at the top right when you're waiting in the lobby. It's under 'statistics'.

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go
Is there any kind of estimate that people have done on how many of each item you can expect in each game? I know it's random but even random falls within a distribution.

What really got me thinking about it was cars. About 20 of us landed on the military base and the circle was about as far north as it could get, and all I could think was "everyone who doesn't find a car is going to die". So I'm curious about how many cars there are on the map, but it got me thinking about the rest of the items. Has anyone run the numbers?

Fists Up
Apr 9, 2007

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

Is there any kind of estimate that people have done on how many of each item you can expect in each game? I know it's random but even random falls within a distribution.

What really got me thinking about it was cars. About 20 of us landed on the military base and the circle was about as far north as it could get, and all I could think was "everyone who doesn't find a car is going to die". So I'm curious about how many cars there are on the map, but it got me thinking about the rest of the items. Has anyone run the numbers?

Was also interested in the same question around loot tables. If i parachute into a big town is there always a certain number of 8x scopes or kar98k's or could there be 0 one day and 4 the other? Is it distributed across the map (so maybe this game all the best loot is in the military base) or in zones?

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go
Even intuitively, I'm certain that there's not always the same amount of X item in a particular town or area. But across the entire map? It's large enough that it's possible that there are exactly 13 M16A4s on the map every.single.time. Would be fun to know for some theorycrafting.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

VulgarandStupid posted:

I was going to post a video of Die Hard Trilogy with the windshield wipers clearing blood off your screen but every single video online plays the game in third person so you can't see it.

What the gently caress that was the best goddamn part.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

The loot is distributed in areas, with a set number of valid spawn locations. Some areas are yellow: good loot, some are red: best loot. There is no set number of certain items that spawn in certain areas, just increased chances of better items in some locations. Any item can spawn in any spawn location, but places in the middle of nowhere are way less likely to have good stuff like t3 armor or good rifles.

Cars have a set number of spawn locations where it's possible for them to spawn. Along every road pretty much. A few spots have a much higher chance of spawning cars (something around 50%), usually these are garages.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
I'm sure there's a vehicle, an 8x, a sniper and level 3 stuff for every man woman and child on the map.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Also no matter where the first circle is, it's weak enough to make it on foot with a few boosts.

Confer
Feb 28, 2017

I've always thought that the game divided the weapons into tiers and then made sure that there so many tier 1/2/3 guns in areas that usually have a high drop density.

Fists Up
Apr 9, 2007

Taffer posted:

The loot is distributed in areas, with a set number of valid spawn locations. Some areas are yellow: good loot, some are red: best loot. There is no set number of certain items that spawn in certain areas, just increased chances of better items in some locations. Any item can spawn in any spawn location, but places in the middle of nowhere are way less likely to have good stuff like t3 armor or good rifles.

Cars have a set number of spawn locations where it's possible for them to spawn. Along every road pretty much. A few spots have a much higher chance of spawning cars (something around 50%), usually these are garages.

So lets say there's a 25% chance to spawn a kar98k in each of the red zones. Would that mean some very rare games it could be zero and some every chance is a hit?

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fists Up posted:

So lets say there's a 25% chance to spawn a kar98k in each of the red zones. Would that mean some very rare games it could be zero and some every chance is a hit?
You could still have a Kar spawn in a random house, it's just a much lesser chance.

Fists Up
Apr 9, 2007

Stuntman posted:

You could still have a Kar spawn in a random house, it's just a much lesser chance.

I guess what I mean is that is there a chance none of those spawn points create a kar98k or does the game set a minimum threshold where at a certain point it guarantees a minimum number of rare items.

I've seen the map with red/yellow zones but am curious if there are games where everywhere has high quality loot for everyone vs ones where it's barren across the board.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
I think it's always the same distribution in every game, which would mean that the heat death of the universe will come before there's truly a map without any kar98s. Now, it is possible that they pick a distribution per round that itself is randomized, in which case they could vary gun rarity across the board, but I don't think they do. They could certainly do interesting things with that. (ARs being really rare in a round would certainly be interesting.)

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go
The loot map is, I'm not trying to be a dick here, useless. Better loot is in denser areas with more buildings? You don't say.

The basic distribution of loot is easily understood, I'm literally asking if there's numbers. You don't need to be an expert to know landing north east of Stalber is probably not going to give you the best loadout.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

The loot map is, I'm not trying to be a dick here, useless. Better loot is in denser areas with more buildings? You don't say.

The basic distribution of loot is easily understood, I'm literally asking if there's numbers. You don't need to be an expert to know landing north east of Stalber is probably not going to give you the best loadout.

hmm. well, start counting then, boy.

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go
There's a pan in Stalber.

One. One pan.

Also, it turns out that, despite looking like one on the map, Stalber isn't a town at all. Got me. That was a lonely little landing.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Fists Up posted:

I guess what I mean is that is there a chance none of those spawn points create a kar98k or does the game set a minimum threshold where at a certain point it guarantees a minimum number of rare items.

I've seen the map with red/yellow zones but am curious if there are games where everywhere has high quality loot for everyone vs ones where it's barren across the board.

None of us know the code but I doubt that it would be built that way, it's just RNG that's sometimes seeded to prefer better items. Still totally random.

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

Also, it turns out that, despite looking like one on the map, Stalber isn't a town at all. Got me. That was a lonely little landing.
It's a shame Stalber doesn't have top notch loot to attract more people, it's a fun place for a fight.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

I'm genuinely amused that there are all these goons wanting formulas and probably spreadsheets for how things like loot distribution works to the T, the Discord's badness rating and how exactly player ratings are calculated. Just play the game, maybe you'll get better and won't need to worry about any of it.

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

I JUST CAN'T STOP TALKING ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE'S PONY AVATARS

~SMcD

HatfulOfHollow posted:

Just got my first chicken dinner after an obscene number of games. I managed to get a silenced kar98k early on and found a really nice camping spot facing up a hill with a rock to my back in the middle of the 4th circle. Lucky circle placements allowed me to stay in my spot for a bit and hit people as they ran up the hill past me. I finished the last dude with my UMP as he crouched up from prone to try to spot me.

I've finished top 2 or 3 so many times so it was a relief to finally win one.

Nice job! :hfive:

Just got my first FPP chicken dinner tonight too. An UMP also cinched me the win. Ending was at the 3 warehouses between hospital and Georgie.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

VulgarandStupid posted:

I'm genuinely amused that there are all these goons wanting formulas and probably spreadsheets for how things like loot distribution works to the T, the Discord's badness rating and how exactly player ratings are calculated. Just play the game, maybe you'll get better and won't need to worry about any of it.

Yeah, really. I get a Kar98 in 100% of games where I don't suck, and if I suck, I don't deserve one and won't make good use of one anyway.

Mr.Citrus
Jul 27, 2005

Does anyone know if fpp stats are at least being recorded?

I have ludicrously bad tpp stats, but I tend to average like 4 kills a fpp game and have 4 fpp chicken dinners in the last week since I really started putting serious hours into the game.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Of course the game I jump in before bed "It's a quick one I'll just play very aggressive and soak up some kills before being knocked out" ends up being the first FPP game where I take the chicken dinner.

The final circles were inside novorepnoye and it was easily the most entertaining final half of the game I've played yet

TheKevman
Dec 13, 2003
I thought Mad Max: Fury Road was
:mediocre:
so you should probably ignore anything else I say

Canuckistan posted:

Stolen from REddit:

A Korean streamre finds a 7+ men Chinese teamer group identified with red tshirts. After wearing a red shirt, streamer goes undercover in a group, kills everyone with a grenade later, finishing off the last stray that came for revenge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3FXKoIsJyk

This isn't getting nearly enough love

Fists Up
Apr 9, 2007

VulgarandStupid posted:

Just generally interested in how they are doing it. Would love to have a round where most people are rocking pistols after 20 minutes. Nothing better than extended mag auto P18C

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
I've landed at the prison ("Murder City" to my squad) and found it barren before. Not like, someone slid in and looted everything; I mean like, we were the only team to land there, and there wasn't even any rifles. Best thing we found was a Micro Uzi.

Point is, RNG sucks dick, and you're never guaranteed poo poo in this terrible game that I love so much.

Fauxshiz
Jan 3, 2007
Jumbo Sized

VulgarandStupid posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRfztzTpmvE

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

i mean we have actual nazi's running around, some actually in the discord

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Canuckistan posted:

Stolen from REddit:

A Korean streamre finds a 7+ men Chinese teamer group identified with red tshirts. After wearing a red shirt, streamer goes undercover in a group, kills everyone with a grenade later, finishing off the last stray that came for revenge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3FXKoIsJyk

This owns

• Locked thread