Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Speaking of dumb poo poo the right latches onto, someone set fire to a Lincoln bust with some fireworks, which I'm gonna call a false flag until proven otherwise.

But Columbus really does need to go. He might not be an inspiration to nazis, but that guy was dog poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Lurdiak posted:

Speaking of dumb poo poo the right latches onto, someone set fire to a Lincoln bust with some fireworks, which I'm gonna call a false flag until proven otherwise.

But Columbus really does need to go. He might not be an inspiration to nazis, but that guy was dog poo poo.

That statue was destroyed by fireworks years ago.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Cythereal posted:

That statue was destroyed by fireworks years ago.

:sigh:

ACRE & EQUAT
Aug 28, 2004

FUNERAL BREADS
WAR BREAD

sheep-dodger posted:

In case you really haven't been keeping up and aren't just poo poo-stirring, here's how this artist feels about women's equality:

I think you should be able to extrapolate from there how the other comic is meant.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Lurdiak posted:

Neo-Confederates have plenty of reason to deface Lincoln.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

They aren't trying to cleanse history, you shitheel, they're trying to cease the glorification of the ugly parts of it. There's a difference between pretending the Civil War never happened and stressing that the people who owned human beings were wrong.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Schools outside of the south probably aren't gonna stop teaching that the rebellion was about slavery though.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

I'm actually relieved to see that so far, these cartoons haven't been as awful as I was bracing myself for since Saturday. Of course, we haven't yet heard from some of the biggest fuckers: Garrison, Lester, and Branco. I half expect them to eventually start assassinating Heather's character.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Liu posted:

It's a dickless nazi crying his loving eyes out not the empire strikes back, lmao, the hero is at his low point!!

what a loving joke, whoever wrote that is a dumbshit
Self-mythologising but-I'm-the-protagonist shite is very much a core part of fascist rhetoric.

QuoProQuid posted:

i take issue with joe schmuckatelli from twitter dot com trying to claim any authority on the matter

sobbing his eyes out doesn't make him look good from a pr or a legal perspective and i'm not going to uncritically follow some random text i see on social media
Uncritically reposting a video created and uploaded by a nazi who wants people to repost the video he created and uploaded, though, that's the woke poo poo, to me

I'll shut up about this after this but I wanna explain: the key thing about that vid is that the intended audience is would-be fascists who see mean ol' antifa types reposting a video of a man who's Very Upset about being treated so Unfairly when all he was doing was Just Asking Questions. Anyone who shares it is being used as a vector and helping it reach those people.

Spreading material that shows these people in a state of vulnerability not of their own making – Spencer sniffling after getting clocked in the loving jaw, the shirtless Charlottesville kid, the "I just wanted to share memes and make friends" frogposter goober from a few weeks back – is effective and takes control of the narrative away from them. This isn't one of those cases, and the guy in the video understands that. When you share material that nazis produce themselves, on their own terms – material that directly and blatantly exploits the "our enemies want to see us chagrined and humiliated" insecurity of the pro-fascist base – you're complicit in disseminating their propaganda.

Pretty good fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Aug 18, 2017

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

rydiafan posted:

They aren't trying to cleanse history, you shitheel, they're trying to cease the glorification of the ugly parts of it. There's a difference between pretending the Civil War never happened and stressing that the people who owned human beings were wrong.

Seriously cleansing history would be telling a story of America that didn't involve Thomas Jefferson loving his slaves or the Fort Pillow Massacre or Rosewood Florida, aka what conservatives actually want to do.

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

...but enough about World War II

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

How can he be against fascism, when he himself is made of fasces??

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

All I see is Trump having a rotting hole in his cheek. I can't tell what it's supposed to be, a massive zit?

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

toanoradian posted:

All I see is Trump having a rotting hole in his cheek. I can't tell what it's supposed to be, a massive zit?

Trump is tearing off his face so he can reveal how much of a hate skeleton he is. A Poltergeist cartoon.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

yes

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Two-week delay biting drunky duck in the rear end again

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Pakled posted:

Two-week delay biting drunky duck in the rear end again

I wouldn't bet on it.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Fister Roboto posted:

How can he be against fascism, when he himself is made of fasces??

You spelled that wrong. It's "feces".

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Anyone got "many sides" cartoons that weren't featured in the thread? Thinking of doing a compilation.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

“Lamps racy; not racist” is goddamn inspired

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Is it me or is the hydrocephaly in Kal's Trump getting worse?

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

toanoradian posted:

I just see goatse, but that says more about me than anything else I think

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
Politibob:

I like the expressions in the third panel.

Action-Man
Aug 12, 2007

Adventure Time
come on grab your friends

Everything floats down here.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

this is well done

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Goddamm fake medians

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Office Pig posted:

Is it me or is the hydrocephaly in Kal's Trump getting better?

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Oh no the villainous opinion of "wipe out confederacy."

These guys are letting their real allegiances show and we shouldn't forget if this all gets beaten back.

Zetsubou-san posted:

this is well done

Yeah it took me a second. It's really good.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

This is fun because the Online Left genuinely does seem to have an imbalance there, but Tinsley being Tinsley he thinks any amount of the latter is unacceptable. "I was happy until you made this problem affect me, you selfish thugs!!!!!"

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Friendly reminder that a Nazi murdered a woman who was protesting Nazis.

But libs dumb and bad I guess. Mercy.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
That's some body horror. :gonk: I guess it's supposed to be a pimple, but it looks like some hole in the flesh.
As good as ever! It even has Dr. Bornstein!

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

frankenfreak posted:

That's some body horror. :gonk: I guess it's supposed to be a pimple, but it looks like some hole in the flesh.

I kept looking closer and closer to see if it was Bannon. Looks like him a little.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Tiny hands and teetotaling Trump :discourse:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Saint Sputnik posted:

Goddamm fake medians
So much for the mainstream medians

• Locked thread