Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Dispatch from Mera Luna: Anders Hagström has a folder on his desktop entitled "loving Werewolf EPIC"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xov
Nov 14, 2005

DNA Ts. Rednum or F. Raf
Livestream of Mera Luna - http://www.ndr.de/unterhaltung/events/mera_luna/Mera-Luna-Das-Festival-im-Videostream,meraluna1010.html

Sad I missed Mesh but hopefully they put the video up soon.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

xov posted:

Livestream of Mera Luna - http://www.ndr.de/unterhaltung/events/mera_luna/Mera-Luna-Das-Festival-im-Videostream,meraluna1010.html

Sad I missed Mesh but hopefully they put the video up soon.
Who is this

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

P sure that was the OST+FRONT drummer, they're ok for being kind of just a more boring Rammstein

Ashbury Heights had a good set, a couple songs from Looking Glass Society but also quite a few older songs (I think they planned to play Piano last but they ran over and got shooed off, plus they both seem really nice)

And I never did find out what loving Werewolf EPIC was :smith:

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Lol, shared with anyone watching the KMFDM set

This is loving bad

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Hahahaha.

Oh well.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

when do the videos get posted? I'd like to see bad KMFDM to make me feel better about not buying tickets.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Best Jumbotron moment thus far: a girl openly weeping at the end of the Schandmaul set

I'm happy too, because it's the last pirate bullshit band of the festival

Edit: I see you, guy up in the ATC tower using the telescope thing to creep on Blutengel's strippers

And I totally approve

Prop Wash fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Aug 13, 2017

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

i liked all the slow zoom outs on Cruxshadow boobs.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I'm just gonna leave this screenshot I took of the Blutengel video here

a cyborg mug fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Aug 14, 2017

W424
Oct 21, 2010

extradite THIS! posted:

Woah, exactly the same face I make when I hear Blutengel.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

W424 posted:

Woah, exactly the same face I make when I hear Blutengel.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one here who has an embarrassing orgasm face!

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

extradite THIS! posted:

New Universal Monster franchise Frankenstein's Monster has strong eyebrow game.

ANYWAY, getting pretty excited for Infest in under two weeks. Should be seeing some awesome bands (RevCo, Die Krupps, iVardensphere, end.user, Wulfband, Empathy Test and Juggernauts being the bands I am particularly excited about in advance) and somehow fitting in partying and karaoke amidst the bands!

Also I had no idea that Accessory did a cover of Folsom Prison Blues
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvUr4GoBMcw

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

extradite THIS! posted:

Glad to hear I'm not the only one here who has an embarrassing orgasm face!
lmao :drac:

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Oh hello.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgelkF2gMwI

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007
Laibach coming to Stockholm in November. gently caress YES!

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Hedenius posted:

Laibach coming to Stockholm in November. gently caress YES!

Gogogogogo! I bought the tickets to the Helsinki show the moment they were available.

You coming to the FLA show by the way?

Chococat
Aug 22, 2000
Forum Veteran

The recorded stream is up now for M'era Luna if you missed it live.

http://www.ndr.de/unterhaltung/events/mera_luna/Mera-Luna-Festival-2017-Die-Videos-der-Konzerte,meraluna1010.html

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Oh this is coooooool :woop:

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

The crowd at that M'era Luna looks like rear end judging by the videos I had a look at. Barely anyone is moving or doing anything at all. Prop Wash what was your experience? Also where ur festival review at boi

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007

extradite THIS! posted:

Gogogogogo! I bought the tickets to the Helsinki show the moment they were available.

You coming to the FLA show by the way?
Unfortunately I can't go to FLA.

Chococat
Aug 22, 2000
Forum Veteran

extradite THIS! posted:

The crowd at that M'era Luna looks like rear end judging by the videos I had a look at. Barely anyone is moving or doing anything at all.

I think everybody was exhausted from slogging through three inches of sucking mud on the grounds and rain. I saw a few boot platforms that were lost and embedded in the mud.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

extradite THIS! posted:

The crowd at that M'era Luna looks like rear end judging by the videos I had a look at. Barely anyone is moving or doing anything at all. Prop Wash what was your experience? Also where ur festival review at boi

Haha yeah Chococat is right, most people were all pretty worn down. Here is a picture of my boots:

I don't want to get too down on the fest organizers because they were dealt a terrible hand by the rain, but at the same time the transportation plan involved walking literally 2.5 km to the bus pickup point at midnight (using our smartphones to light the path through the mud). I would do things differently next time - specifically I would probably just stay in the local area and cab or drive it to the Hildesheim Hbf and take the shuttle bus, but the right answer is definitely to camp it.

Still, everything that happened inside the gates was pretty awesome. I stuck to the Hangar Stage most of the time because I like unpopular music. I think probably most people at M'era Luna were more about the main stage acts, but imo the Hangar Stage had a much better lineup overall. That works out also because the main stage acts are streaming anyway (the hangar sets were definitely recorded too, but I think they may end up in a Sonic Seducer instead). Unzucht, Ost+Front and Feuerschwanz were kind of whatever, so we moved to the hangar for NamNamBuLu which was an excellent act. Faderhead was pretty great, and I think probably had the most audience energy out of any non-And One set. It was the first time I'd seen the video for Dancers" and it sure is something!

Unfortunately I didn't get to see White Lies (thanks, streaming!) because I stuck around for Ashbury Heights. I never did find out what's up with "loving Werewolf EPIC" but I did find out that apparently Anders has been on a liquid diet for like 6 weeks and is really, really sick? With that in mind the dude deserves a drat medal for the show he put on. Also there was some woman behind me screaming out all the lyrics, which was distracting. Then the end of Project Pitchfork and dinner. We got back in time to get second row for KMFDM, which easily clinches the most disappointing live performance I've ever witnessed. Lucia showed up, but nobody else did - the guitars were lethargic and the drummer noticeably dropped the beat like two or three times. Sasha didn't move much during the set, but you could tell the difference between the older material and the newer stuff - for some reason he didn't move from his setup at all during the material from the new album. It was totally weird. I didn't listen to the new stuff before M'era Luna but I did notice that all the songs sort of start out at a tempo that you would want KMFDM to play at, then slam on the brakes and cruise in the slow lane for like five minutes. Anyway, KMFDM sucks. Thankfully Covenant came through and did what Covenant always does, which is to play excellent songs as Eskil explains how great it is to be alive between the songs. The man has charisma. Daniel Myer thought he was already at a Haujobb set and started doing his thing, which is to yell "HEY," which got Eskil to thank him for his new remix of Figurehead. Daniel Myer also took the vocals for a heavily reworked version of Lightbringer. I've seen Covenant three times with the Eskil/Daniel/Joakim lineup and it just always seems like Eskil is loving with Daniel the whole time. Korn was delayed 30 minutes because they lost power for a bit, so we got to see the whole set. It was Korn. They basically played the songs exactly as written. IDK, I was big into Korn back in the 90s but I had totally moved on so it was a little weird to hear them now. Jonathan Davis is pretty monotone now due to his asthma, there was no variation like you'd expect on "Got the Life" (and none of that scatting either, aboomdopdaPOWWWbanbaditty). Then it took three hours to get back to the hotel.

We slow-rolled Sunday because we were so tired and old so no Tyske Ludder (which sucks, they were great at E-Tropolis). Cruxshadows was a great show though! I can't watch Mono Inc because I think they're kind of boring and their singer dude looks like a giant baby, but thankfully Haujobb came on at that point. Not a huge crowd for Haujobb, but it might have been my favorite non-And One show. Daniel Myer has a huge amount of stage presence and it was an extremely tight set. The setlist isn't up yet but it was very New World March-heavy. Stayed put for FLA, was completely satisfied by their performance. Bill Leeb seemed a bit tired (their tour schedule is merciless) but everyone else had a ton of energy and they played some very, very old tracks. Setlist not up for them either, but there was absolutely nothing from Echogenetic (except for one of their transitions, which included like two bars of Killing Grounds). He claimed that this was the first time they've played Civilization in Europe? Resist, Neologic Spasm, Mindphaser, Prophecy, a couple more I don't remember... I may be a total Echogenetic johnny-come-lately fan, but it was nice to be reminded of what a massive body of work they have to draw from.

We missed DAF because we're total posers and went to get food instead, so we saw the whole Blutengel set. I think their music is painfully generic and their stage show is goofy, but also they have the ability to reach into my brain and bypass all that and just play fun music that I like to move to. The crowd seemed extremely into Blutengel as well. Finally there was And One, which I have never seen live before. I absolutely regret that now, because there is no frontman like Steve Naghavi. Dude had the crowd eating out of the palm of his hand by the end of their first song, Techno Man. Then, just like Project Pitchfork, they played Timekiller as their second song :v: They played for like an hour, and then And One closed the show by announcing that they'll be playing Amphi Festival next year :v: :v: So, see everyone at Amphi?

Anyway lol if anyone read all that. KMFDM sucks, Haujobb is good and so is Steve Naghavi. Please screencap your favorite M'era Luna moments, and I'll post if I see Sonic Seducer release those hangar stage acts.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
And One is a good band, but weirdly gleefully derivative. Steve Naghavi is basically cosplaying as Dave Gahan from Depeche Mode at all times, and they even covered the main hit of one of the other headliners.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Dang that's a thorough rear end festival report, thanks! Sounds like mostly a good time.

Sorry to hear about KMFDM, I hear they're usually pretty great. I still haven't seen them live. Korn being a letdown is also a shame, but I dunno if I would've expected anything more either.

The FLA set sounds interesting. They're on their tour right now and they do seem to be playing a couple of tracks off Echogenetic: https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/front-line-assembly/2017/strasse-e-dresden-germany-6be55e1a.html

But maybe they played a shorter set at M'era Luna and left the new material off the setlist? Or did they play other stuff altogether? Should still be a cracking show. I'm seeing them on Friday in Stockholm and I'm so loving excited, I kinda haven't stopped thinking about seeing FLA live again ever since we danced our asses off to them last year at Amphi. Also holy poo poo am I glad they're finally playing something from Civilization, that's like in my top 5 albums of all time and I was worried I'd never get to see a single song from it live.

BlutEngel is very silly but also catchy and fun as hell, and Chris Pohl definitely takes himself and BE way less seriously than people who actively dislike BlutEngel. Welcome :getin: :drac:

Also yeah And One is the loving best live. Naghavi is a crazy man.

Edit: Oh yeah and also - that festival organization doesn't sound too great, and since I'm not particularly fond of festival camping, I think I'll stick to Amphi / WGT / other festivals that are in cities or at least in paved areas. I'd like to go to the Nocturnal Culture Night in Leipzig someday, I hear that's a great fest.

a cyborg mug fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Aug 16, 2017

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Song from new Encephalon:

https://encephalon.bandcamp.com/

Encephalon and MIAB both coming out on the same day! :woop:

Prop Wash posted:

We got back in time to get second row for KMFDM, which easily clinches the most disappointing live performance I've ever witnessed. Lucia showed up, but nobody else did - the guitars were lethargic and the drummer noticeably dropped the beat like two or three times. Sasha didn't move much during the set, but you could tell the difference between the older material and the newer stuff - for some reason he didn't move from his setup at all during the material from the new album. It was totally weird. I didn't listen to the new stuff before M'era Luna but I did notice that all the songs sort of start out at a tempo that you would want KMFDM to play at, then slam on the brakes and cruise in the slow lane for like five minutes. Anyway, KMFDM sucks.
Rofl. I salute you for the post. "I go see KMFDM so you don't have to."

BrutalistMcDonalds fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Aug 17, 2017

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

KMFDM were said to be putting on a good live show a few years ago, bummer that that's not the case at the moment.

Chococat
Aug 22, 2000
Forum Veteran

Molestationary Store posted:

KMFDM were said to be putting on a good live show a few years ago, bummer that that's not the case at the moment.

I feel like this statement isn't very true, they were equally as bad (and took a large chunk of my hearing with them) when I saw them... 14(?) years ago.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

They were awful on that particular tour you're talking about, but I saw them a few years ago and it was ... really great. I wouldn't have gone but I got a free ticket. Was very glad I went.

teethgrinder fucked around with this message at 12:37 on Aug 18, 2017

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

the tour I saw last was ... 6 years ago? When the drummer broke his arm right before tour and then did the entire show with 1 arm and it was impressive as gently caress and overall was amazing.

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.

Chococat posted:

I feel like this statement isn't very true, they were equally as bad (and took a large chunk of my hearing with them) when I saw them... 14(?) years ago.

I saw them on the WWIII tour with Bile and thought they were very good. Although, at the time I was in love with Lucia and her vinyl onesies.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Baron Von Ghoulosh posted:

I saw them on the WWIII tour with Bile and thought they were very good. Although, at the time I was in love with Lucia and her vinyl onesies.

That was a great tour too and :same:

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

FLA in like ten mins :getin:

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

im not sure this belongs here but the new alice glass is not very good

wwiii was a good kmfdm show

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Der Rest was a band

FLA kicked rear end with a setlist that was tweaked slightly with Deadened instead of Iceolate which was great because I loving love Deadened

We never figured where Celldöd was supposed to play.

That was my FLA in Stockholm story. Thanks for reading

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

I finished playing Hellblade and the creidts rolled and music started playing and I was confused because it sounded like Ronan, so I looked the song up and it was Illusion by VNV Nation. I was kind of surprised to actually hear some VNV in a major video game release.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

extradite THIS! posted:

Der Rest was a band

FLA kicked rear end with a setlist that was tweaked slightly with Deadened instead of Iceolate which was great because I loving love Deadened

We never figured where Celldöd was supposed to play.

That was my FLA in Stockholm story. Thanks for reading
They're playing here with Revolting Cocks in a few months and I guess I have to go now GEEZE

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

They're playing here with Revolting Cocks in a few months and I guess I have to go now GEEZE

Yes you do! FLA fucken owns live.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah I'm definitely more of a FLA fan.

I always loved this Revolting Cocks song though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-43uRzkfGQE

And I have to give it to Beers, Steers and Queers because that's the best song to listen to while driving here in Texas.

I've found a way to simulate it here, mute the left: http://youtubedoubler.com/?video1=h...ame=aphrocarlin

BrutalistMcDonalds fucked around with this message at 09:07 on Aug 19, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

magiccarpet posted:

im not sure this belongs here but the new alice glass is not very good

I just checked it out because of this post, and yeah, whoof. It seems like a naked cash-in attempt at hooking a more traditional dance/pop audience.

Bummer. The first two Crystal Castles albums are awesome. The third one is okay. Now it seems like both halves are trying their best to make music as boring and generic as possible.