Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

i've just heard about the tina fey bit

boys, girls, everyone beyond and in between, i'm in the suck zone. i'm in it deep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lee Fang is a loving bore.

He retweeted some snide poo poo about "tankies" and I unfollowed his concern-trolling rear end.

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Guys guys guys

I know a Nazi just killed someone, but can we take a moment to think about how passionate we're getting???

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

i've just heard about the tina fey bit

boys, girls, everyone beyond and in between, i'm in the suck zone. i'm in it deep

Anything approaching the change that came over his features I have never seen before, and hope never to see again. He cried in a whisper at some image, at some vision—he cried out twice, a cry that was no more than a breath: “The suck! The suck!"

tower time
Jul 30, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ft2w_AZ1Mdk

Cake will make this ok.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 16 days!)

MSNBC just showed a CBS poll that shows 55% of participants don't think "both sides are to blame for violence.". slight majority of Americans aren't complete idiots. 35% agreed with Trump.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

how about instead of cake, we eat the rich

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

MSNBC just showed a CBS poll that shows 55% of participants don't think "both sides are to blame for violence.". slight majority of Americans aren't complete idiots. 35% agreed with Trump.

It's kinda scary that Trump's base is 35% because it means that 35% of the country are horrifying mistakes of evolution.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

zegermans posted:

It's kinda scary that Trump's base is 35% because it means that 35% of the country are horrifying mistakes of evolution.

If it makes you feel better, it's only 35% of whoever voted and/or answers polls

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I'm more worried about the 10% who are too stupid or ignorant to have an opinion.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

also sheesh Tina Fey, if you kept up on the news, you'd know you could have your cake and protest too :rolleyes:

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Oh what's that...? Tina Fey's assets are being seized and she's being sent to the guillotine? I'd love to help her, but I'm enjoying some delicious sheetcake.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Way to stand up against racism, Leo #resist #trumprussia

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I'm more worried about the 10% who are too stupid or ignorant to have an opinion.

Honestly the 35% of both-siders here are admitting this same exact thing, the 10% are just more honest about it

Saying that you blame "both sides" means that you're either too lazy or too salty to test your basic assumptions (that leftists in black hoodies are scary so they must have done something bad), because basic research will disprove them.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Frijolero posted:

Oh what's that...? Tina Fey's assets are being seized and she's being sent to the guillotine? I'd love to help her, but I'm enjoying some delicious sheetcake.

As Nazis storm her home, I'm showing my support of Tina Fey by buying things with my American Express Blue card

i get cash back or something

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Pretty sure that category is "people who were loving woth us."

tower time
Jul 30, 2008

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Whats the chance that with how the question was phrased that 55% includes some people who exclusively blame antifa people for the violence? I've seen a few of those in the wild, and not just on the internet.

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
We need to not even engage the issue of "violence" as it's already a loaded centrist argument to begin with.

Both sides are willing to fight, it's just that one side is murderous racists and the other side is egalitarian.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Weeping Wound posted:

also sheesh Tina Fey, if you kept up on the news, you'd know you could have your cake and protest too :rolleyes:

RICE CRISPY TREATS AND FONDANT ISN'T A CAKE

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Jazerus posted:

also a fifth half that's into christianity

juggalos are complex and & multi-faceted

fukken juggalos how do they work!!

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/IronStache/status/898543214990430208

Ironstache no

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
The Dark Carnival is a land of contrasts

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

goddamnit. now I kind of want some cake.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

it also includes fat man titties

fat men flashing their fatorbs is a pretty common juggalo pastime round here
Juggal:orb:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Iron Twinkie posted:

Look, all I'm saying is the best way to fight extremism is to consume your favorite #brands at minority owned businesses before the Nazis come burn them down.

"instead of going out into the streets and protecting minorities and the elderly, eat some lovely sheetcake!"

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Crossover time:

https://twitter.com/jk_rowling/status/898455912918241280

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

goddamnit. now I kind of want some cake.

sheetcake is way to sweet and kinda gross.

what you want is authentic Viennese sacher torte

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

I didn't watch the SNL bit, was the TL;DR let the nazis naz while you eat cake in the safety of your white home?

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
I've watched the SNL clip and it's mostly harmless soccer-mom angst about the right-wing and feeling hopeless and lost in the "Trump era."

It's semi-ironic, semi-serious, all sadbrain lib.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

zegermans posted:

I didn't watch the SNL bit, was the TL;DR let the nazis naz while you eat cake in the safety of your white home?

quote:

Noting that white supremacists have other protests scheduled, Fey admitted, “Part of me hopes these neo-Nazis do it in New York City. I hope they do try it and get the ham salad kicked out of them by a bunch of drag queens.” She added, however, “At the same time, I don’t want any more good people to get hurt.” And with everyone “anxious” and asking “what can I do?” she encouraged people to “find a local business you support, maybe a Jewish-run bakery or an African-American-run bakery. Order a cake with an American flag on it, and just eat it.” *rask note: this is supposed to be done in place of counter-protesting nazis*

When Colin Jost questioned how that would help, she shot back, “Love is love, Colin.” Fey went on to stress-eat a cake then and there as she continued to rant about recent events. In regards to white supremacists wanting to “take” back the country,” she pointed out, “We stole it from the Native Americans, and when they have a peaceful protest in Standing Rock, we shoot at them with rubber bullets.” She again emphasized that “the other size is Nazis and Klansman,” and bluntly stated, “And also, who drove the car into the crowd? Hillary’s emails?”

Raskolnikov38 has issued a correction as of 15:20 on Aug 18, 2017

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

this looks suspiciously like corncobbing

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

I thought Seattle was cool, how did this loser get elected?

seattle peaked in the 90s

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

zegermans posted:

sheetcake is way to sweet and kinda gross.

what you want is authentic Viennese sacher torte

this is violence

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
reminder: antifa has been credited (and photographed even) protecting people from nazis and the liberals response is to not do that

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
None of this would be happening if everyone stayed home and just came out to vote Blue every 2–4 years

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Why is the assumption that the nazi movement will dwindle if they are allowed to do whatever they want with no opposition and have peaceful fun rallies where they all get together and do their happy little tiki-torch marches without anyone punching them and listen to inspiring speeches about protecting the future of white children or whatever and make plans to do it again next month because it was such a wonderful weekend

how is that a better idea than forcing them underground because they fear for their own safety

someone explain to me how this cake thing is actually a good strategic move rather than a coping mechanism for bewildered middle-aged white people

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
whats hilarious is these idiots think their pisswater jokes and tweets will somehow go down in the history books* as what stopped fascism

*assuming history books still exist in a few years

Iron Twinkie
Apr 20, 2001

BOOP

I'm way over-analyzing a dumb SNL bit but after watching the weird meandering skit I think it's more about learned helplessness than let them eat cake. Fascism is the natural result of our system. The can be no alternative to Capitalism so the Nazis can not be fought. The electric shocks in the floor have always been here and will always be here and there is nothing we can do. It's better to smother our anger at the wrongness of everything in consumption.

What's bizarre to me is the approval of people that honestly believe this is the best reaction to literal Nazis, armed and in force, advocating for ethnic cleansing in an American city. It's mentally ill.

Iron Twinkie has issued a correction as of 15:38 on Aug 18, 2017

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Iron Twinkie posted:

I'm way over-analyzing a dumb SNL bit but after watching the weird meandering skit I think it's more about learned helplessness than let them eat cake. Fascism is the natural result of our system. The can be no alternative to Capitalism so the Nazis can not be fought. The electric shocks in the floor have always been here and will always be here and there is nothing we can do. It's better to smother our anger at the wrongness of everything in consumption.

whoa its almost slike television networks spread bourgeois ideology

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
You can't discount that there's a hint of irony in the skit. But taken as a whole, it's really sad and shameful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Weeping Wound posted:

cake boss!

• Locked thread