Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Alfalfa posted:

Messing around with a few different online draft analyzers with Mock Drafts.

Which draft would you say went better?

12 Man Standard 6 PATD scoring

Draft 1:
L. Bell
J. Ajayi
D. Baldwin
J. Mixon
M. Bryant
M. Gillislee
W. Snead
D. Martin
J. Graham
M. Mariota
J. Winston
E. Ebron
K. White
R. Anderson
Panthers D/ST
W. Lutz

Draft 2:
L. Bell
J. Howard
D. Bryant
M. Crabtree
B. Powell
M. Mariota
J. Graham
J. Crowder
D. Henry
K. Britt
J. Matthews
P. Rivers
J. White
J. Conner
Panthers D/ST
M. Prater

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
Yeah definitely 2

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

Marshmallow Blue posted:

Yeah definitely 2

That's what I was leaning as well. Pretty interesting plugging in the same league info into 2 different draft analyzers and seeing such a difference in drafts/recommendations.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
*shakes magic 8-ball*

Will Blake Bortles and Allen Robinson rekindle that deep ball magic from 2015?

https://twitter.com/BigCatCountry/status/898346245265039361

:suicide:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Please tell me how much I hosed this team up. 10 team, 2QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1FLX/1DST, Half PPR. I had the second pick in the draft.

QB: Aaron Rodgers (1), Andrew Luck (3), Tyrod Taylor (13)
RB: Melvin Gordon (2), Ezekiel Elliott (4), Spencer Ware (6), Ameer Abdullah (9), Samaje Perine (15)
WR: Alshon Jeffery (5), Stefon Diggs (7), Pierre Garcon (8), Cameron Meredith (11), Marvin Jones (12), Ted Ginn (14)
TE: Kyle Rudolph (10)
DST: Pittsburgh (16)

I'm not terribly enthused at how poorly my WRs turned out, and most of that is due to how much I overestimated the rate at which QBs would go. I could easily have waited several rounds past Luck and gotten a Mariota or something else, and as a result my WRs have suffered. That said FantasyPros said I have the #1 draft in the league so that's a plus.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/898387590482710530

The Henne :bandwagon: rides again

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

I think you're in a good position to start the year hot. I feel like a lot could go wrong on you in different places but poo poo you've got talented starters at RB until you don't. Waiver moves will help keep you steady until Elliott returns. And I wouldn't be surprised if several of your WRs start hot too. Also Aaron Rodgers and maybe Andrew Luck sooner than later? Feels like the sort've team that could go 5-0 before anything starts going wrong. Which is plenty of time to adjust.

Tiptoes fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Aug 18, 2017

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Please tell me how much I hosed this team up. 10 team, 2QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1FLX/1DST, Half PPR. I had the second pick in the draft.

RB: Melvin Gordon (2), Ezekiel Elliott (4), Spencer Ware (6), Ameer Abdullah (9), Samaje Perine (15)
WR: Alshon Jeffery (5), Stefon Diggs (7), Pierre Garcon (8), Cameron Meredith (11), Marvin Jones (12), Ted Ginn (14)

I'm not terribly enthused at how poorly my WRs turned out, and most of that is due to how much I overestimated the rate at which QBs would go. I could easily have waited several rounds past Luck and gotten a Mariota or something else, and as a result my WRs have suffered. That said FantasyPros said I have the #1 draft in the league so that's a plus.

Flip Luck asap for a WR upgrade.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Doltos posted:

Flip Luck asap for a WR upgrade.

That's a terrible idea.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

That's a terrible idea.

Oh didn't realize it's a two QB league. Yeah I'd just hope one of your WR's distinguishers himself as a guaranteed starter elsewise just play the waiver wire. You did great picking up guys that no one wanted to touch like Luck and Elliot. If your team stays healthy and Gordon contributes outside of ridiculous TD totals you should be unstoppable later on in the year

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Tiptoes posted:

I think you're in a good position to start the year hot. I feel like a lot could go wrong on you in different places but poo poo you've got talented starters at RB until you don't. Waiver moves will help keep you steady until Elliott returns. And I wouldn't be surprised if several of your WRs start hot too. Also Aaron Rodgers and maybe Andrew Luck sooner than later? Feels like the sort've team that could go 5-0 before anything starts going wrong. Which is plenty of time to adjust.

A team with Andrew Luck and Zeke as 3rd and 4th round picks is not in a position to "start the year hot" I don't mind either pick where they were taken given it's a 2 QB league, but he should just be happy to tread water until those players get back. Once they're back and he finds a hot WR on waivers, its a fine team.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

coronaball posted:

A team with Andrew Luck and Zeke as 3rd and 4th round picks is not in a position to "start the year hot" I don't mind either pick where they were taken given it's a 2 QB league, but he should just be happy to tread water until those players get back. Once they're back and he finds a hot WR on waivers, its a fine team.
You're not giving his team enough credit. Rodgers/Taylor is a pretty solid QB combo until he has an A+ combo of Rodgers/Luck. Riding two out of three of Gordon/Ware/Abdullah (plus Perine and waivers) should look good for the first few weeks. And several of his WRs are going to start the year hotter than how they end it in the rankings. Wentz comes out peppering Jeffery with targets and Diggs looks great until he gets banged up and also Garcon is getting drat near ten targets a game and Meredith is looking decent as the top option in Chicago and also Jones and Ginn are doing poo poo too because why not. And Kyle Rudolph? Could be worse.

If he gets hit with injuries earlier than others, things go south quickly but that's basically the same for most. But over the first 5-6 weeks, I think that team can perform pretty well until attrition takes its toll and he has to adjust. If he's lucky, maybe he only needs to make a couple moves until Elliott is back. And he needs to make a move for a stronger receiver mid-season. He'll need a true WR1 for the second half and playoffs.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I just am having a hard time wrapping my brain around Melvin Gordon. I just don't think he's that good. But yet, I still feel like he's gonna be force fed and still put the numbers up regardless.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I just wrote this on Reddit and feel I did a better job of explaining myself.

I'm having problems figuring out my first round pick. I'm #8 out of 10. 0.3 PPR. 0.1 rushing attempts.

I'm thinking best case is LeSean McCoy. But thanks to the Zeke suspension, I'm thinking there's zero chance he drops to me. Which brings me to the choice of (most likely)...

Devonta Freeman
Melvin Gordon
Odell Beckham
AJ Green

I'm thinking that's what is most likely available to me. I'm leaning Freeman. Just sucks ill need to make sure and burn a 6th or 5th for Coleman as well. But his talent & opportunity & history of production despite Coleman leads me to think he's my #1 of those guys.

Now, perhaps it's crazy to pick Freeman over Odell. But, I feel this scoring format leans more towards RBs with the 0.1 rushing attempts. Which leads me to Melvin Gordon. I think he has the opportunity but is not near as talented and has one year of production after a putrid rookie year. Ever since I've been burned by one year wonders (CJ Spiller) or stat darlings (Lamar Miller) in the first round, Gordon just REAKS of that same stench.

Beckham will be good. But honestly, I think Eli is trash and will be even worse this year. Then you've got Brandon Marshall taking a lot of redzone targets and perhaps even Evan Engram taking targets as well. I'm thinking Beckham finishes in the top 10 or 15 for WR. But that isn't good enough for me in the first round.

So that leaves me mer with Freeman vs. AJ Green. Who will be a top 3 WR this year.... that's where I get confused. The edge in scoring I believe tips me to Freeman along with positional scarcity.

But AJ is gonna ball. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
My only thing about Melvin Gordon though...

New head coach Anthony Lynn. Formerly from the Bills. We saw their rushing game last year.

He loving runs the ball

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Joe Holka of 4For4 agrees with you. Gordon is not an efficient ball carrier and still has room for improvement. However Holka thinks that Gordon is a solid volume play and more importantly has the physique to survive being a bellcow. Without any 2017 RB rookie picks in the backfield it seems extremely unlikely that Gordon won't be force fed, and the offensive line should improve.

With 0.1 points per attempt it's a great pick.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Might be rough first few weeks if Luck is on PUP, but it's an otherwise really solid draft in 2QB format. I'm probably a bit biased though, and absolutely covet top tier QBs in 2QB leagues. Aaron Rodgers has been my David Johnson for years. Love that pickup in the first round. If you weren't first pick overall I'd be thanking the rest of the league for gifting him to you.

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo
Need a keeper (1PPR) 12 team league

Keep Kelvin Benjamin, sacrifice 14th rd draft pick
Keep TY Hilton, sacrifice 4th rd draft pick
Keep Jordan Howard, sacrifice 13th rd draft pick

e: ty for the unanimous reaction to this guys

railroad terror fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Aug 18, 2017

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

Howard definitely.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Tiptoes posted:

Howard definitely.

Yeah, it's not even close. Howard by a mile.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Tiptoes posted:

Howard definitely.

At that price point every concern about Howard is wiped away.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Is there anywhere I could see completed dynasty auction drafts?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

railroad terror posted:

Need a keeper (1PPR) 12 team league

Keep Kelvin Benjamin, sacrifice 14th rd draft pick
Keep TY Hilton, sacrifice 4th rd draft pick
Keep Jordan Howard, sacrifice 13th rd draft pick

e: ty for the unanimous reaction to this guys

Fuckin' Howard.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

RCarr posted:

Is there anywhere I could see completed dynasty auction drafts?

I don't think DynastyLeagueFootball has that exactly, but they have a whole subforum about auction/salary cap for dynasty.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Joe Holka of 4For4 agrees with you. Gordon is not an efficient ball carrier and still has room for improvement. However Holka thinks that Gordon is a solid volume play and more importantly has the physique to survive being a bellcow. Without any 2017 RB rookie picks in the backfield it seems extremely unlikely that Gordon won't be force fed, and the offensive line should improve.

With 0.1 points per attempt it's a great pick.

I believe strongly in Melvin Gordon for two reasons. He breaks a ton of tackles and his feet never stop moving. That's all effort and that's all I can hope for out of a RB.

Also he still catches a ton of passes in that offense and Rivers loves dumping it off to RBs. Oliver might steal some third down reps but Gordon's still in a points bonanza offense.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Oh boy, I sure do love being a commissioner and having last minute drop-outs!! Especially when one draft is tonight.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Volume is king, and is way more stable year to year then efficiency. Gordon should be fine in the 2nd.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Gordon is going 2nd round in only 4 man leagues.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

89 posted:

Gordon is going 2nd round in only 4 man leagues.

Yeah, he seems to be back end of the 1st. Generally seems to be the first guy of the second set of RBs.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

His ADP is 9-10, wouldn't be too strange for him to fall past two of Freeman, Murray, Jordy in an odd draft. But yeah you're right it's a bit of a long shot with Zeke out of the first.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
If I could end up with both Freeman & Gordon with the #8 out of 10 spot, I'd freak

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

89 posted:

If I could end up with both Freeman & Gordon with the #8 out of 10 spot, I'd freak

Just dropping your pants and rosterbating before the draft even finishes.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Ben Nevis posted:

Just dropping your pants and rosterbating before the draft even finishes.

I just gotta figure out if I like Freeman/DeMarco or Melvin/DeMarco better. I guess you can't really go wrong with either.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
In our keeper league, I have DJ and the 4th OA. If the big 3 WRs are off the board I might go Gordon and pair him with DJ.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Gordon will be a high end RB2 but people are taking him as a low RB1, which is fine given the position. His end of season finish is gonna be more Colts Frank Gore than anything else.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Alright. Everyone's Top 10 RBs.

Go.

01. David Johnson
02. LeVeon Bell

Yup
-
03. LeSean McCoy
Shady is unstoppable. Zeke getting suspended probably hosed me from getting him. I don't feel the need to type about Shady. He produces despite the situation. The only reason he isn't up there with DJ & Bell is because he's in Buffalo. Which, is notably in firesale mode.
-
04. Devonta Freeman
Dude has a couple of seasons of RB1 production despite Coleman's involvement. He also just got a big contract, so you know the Falcons value him very much so. He's the Falcon's 2nd best weapon behind Julio. But, some could argue he's the most important. The only worry is Shanahanahanan is in SF. But I think he'll be fine. Also noteworthy with this pick, you'll be burning a 6th pick on Coleman for insurance.
05. Melvin Gordon
i was initially down on Gordon cause his individual talent didn't seem all that great. 3.9 YPC. But, his volume is ridiculous. And he's not gonna face stacked boxes like Gurley did cause of the reliable Rivers passing attack. And the new head coach Anthony Lynn was the mastermind behind the Bills run game last year. So basically the Chargers are gonna loving RUN the ball. Gordon is increasingly looking like not a very sexy pick, but a very reliable pick.
06. DeMarco Murray
This is higher than most people. But I believe Murray is right up there with Gordon & Freeman. From the snaps he has taken in his career, DeMarco should statistically have 2 more DeMarco Murray good seasons left in his tank. The Titans are obsessed with running the ball and have made various WR upgrades in the offseason which will only help the rushing attack. The only worry is the Titans giving Henry more carriers and I do think that'll happen. But not by much. I don't think we have to worry much about that till next year. But much like Freeman, this means you're also gonna burn a 7th on Henry for insurance. I think DeMarco puts up the same points as last year, a little less at worst.
-
-
-
07. Jay Ajayi :redflag:
Some people are crazy high about Ajayi. I'm open to the idea that he lives up to that hype. But, personal opinion? He had 3 REALLY big games last year that inflated his stats. 2 of them were against the Rob Ryan Buffalo defense that made every offense look like a million bucks and allowed the Eagles to snipe a corner from them that was almost defensive rookie of the year. Ajayi cooled off big time after those big games. I actually believe Cutler will be an upgrade to that offense, which would open things up for Ajayi. But, I just hate players with only 1 year of production. I've been burned too much by that. And with your 1st and 2nd round picks, you're not looking for someone who's boom or bust. Ajayi will get the opportunity under Gase. He could work out. Alternatively, it's more likely that Cutler crashes and burns than soaring with the Dolphins and all of a sudden everyone is dropping Ajayi by Week 10 because the Dolphins are a laughing stock at QB. Just too many risks for me. Honestly, not drafting him unless he's super late.
-
08. Marshawn Lynch
This may be a controversial ranking. Yes, Lynch is "old". He took a year off. His running style has given him back problems. But, there's also a good chance that year off has benefited him more than anything. This is what I know. Camp reports and reports from team officials are IN LOVE with Marshawn this offseason. Also, there hasn't been a smarter office in football the past couple of years outside of Belichick when it comes to acquiring new talent for a team. Well, and Howie :allears:. I'm trusting the Raiders front office with this decision. Also, Latavius Murray is not that good. Yet, behind one of the best o-lines in the league with Oakland, dude had 12 TD's. Marshawn Lynch at 60% is 10x better than Latavius Murray. Even if Lynch does mix carries with Richard/Washington in the open field, who's gonna be there for EVERY red zone carry? loving Marhsawn Lynch. Dude's floor is 10 TDs. His ceiling? Oooooh yeaaaah. I'm drafting Lynch if I can. He can be had in the 3rd/4th.
-
09. Jordan Howard :redflag:
I'm again going back to his just 1 year of production being my turn off. You don't waste 1st and 2nd round picks on "potential" and 1 year of production. It rarely pays off. I've learned my lesson. CJ Spiller and Lamar Miller. Jordan Howard looked great last year despite the offense, that's true. But, now the Bears offense is SOMEHOW worse than last year's. If you want a good RB on a garbage team, wait to draft Crowell one or two rounds later. You'll be much happier. Less flashy name, better stats most likely. Jordan Howard is gonna be this year's Todd Gurley. Stacked boxes stacked boxes stacked boxes. His potential is the only reason he's in this top 10 because RB's look so bad after the first batch are off the board.
10. Todd Gurley
Honestly, I thought about ranking Gurley over Jordan Howard and maybe I should. The Rams have gone out and improved their offense notably with Sammy Watkins, Robert Woods, and Cooper Kupp coming into town. The extra year of experience should also benefit Goff's development. Which means, what? Less stacked boxes. Defenses respect Sammy Watkins. Gurley is the real deal, just got the poo poo end of the stick last year. Gurley will make a comeback this year. Maybe I should rank Gurley higher than Howard...

Notables:
Mark Ingram - Yeah yeah, AP, Payton doesn't like running the ball blah blah. Draft Mark Ingram and reap the benefits of his top 10-15 finish every year.
Isaiah Crowell - Bad team, but keeps producing regardless. Multiple years. For some reason I just don't like his name and it keeps me from drafting him. But if you can get Crowell in the 4th, you do it. 1,000 yards, 6-8 TDs confirmed.
CJ Anderson[ - You want him at this low ADP. Just do it. Do it.
Dalvin Cook - Dude is gonna be the best of the rookie RBs. Just watch.
Spencer Ware - Notable because his ADP is soooo low. He's gonna show up on a lot of WR top heavy teams.

Also, don't draft Lamar Miller.

I'm not ranking Zeke cause I'm not drafting him regardless of suspension.

89 fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Aug 18, 2017

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Man I'm not sure how I feel about any of those guys after Freeman at current ADP. I'm inclined to go WR in that range and take the likes of Miller/Crow/Hyde in the third. But other than Lynch I can't really argue with the rank order.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Forever_Peace posted:

Man I'm not sure how I feel about any of those guys after Freeman at current ADP. I'm inclined to go WR in that range and take the likes of Miller/Crow/Hyde in the third. But other than Lynch I can't really argue with the rank order.

I'm thinking go WR after Freeman/Gordon/Murray are off the board.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Spoeank posted:

Gordon will be a high end RB2 but people are taking him as a low RB1, which is fine given the position. His end of season finish is gonna be more Colts Frank Gore than anything else.

Why? Despite the Lamp injury, o-line can't be worse, right? Keenan being back, Henry having another year in the league, Tyrell being involved from the start, etc, all point to an even better overall offense than last year. Volume will be there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

RVProfootballer posted:

Why? Despite the Lamp injury, o-line can't be worse, right? Keenan being back, Henry having another year in the league, Tyrell being involved from the start, etc, all point to an even better overall offense than last year. Volume will be there.

Yeah, the situation is pretty darned good. But a dozen guys hit 1000 rushing yards last year and Gordon wasn't one of them (though 41 catches certainly helps!). Also pretty easy to see his touchdown numbers drop if more red zone options are healthy. He could easily live up to a 9th overall pick but there is risk that he doesn't.

• Locked thread