Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Looks like I need to borrow some Bazes for LS 9 nodes. Anybody have some available ally slots who can help?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

tadashi posted:

Looks like I need to borrow some Bazes for LS 9 nodes. Anybody have some available ally slots who can help?

If you friend me, my zFinn should let you beat them if you have your resistance dudes at any sort of reasonable gear level.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

So how do you go about setting which character you share with allies?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Canemacar posted:

So how do you go about setting which character you share with allies?

you share allies separately for all three dark side, light side, and cantina missions. Just log in and do 1 node manually with the leader you want shared and that leader will be available to your friends.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

I no longer even make an attempt on the final node. Life's too short.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

Cactus posted:

I no longer even make an attempt on the final node. Life's too short.

:same:

Chilichimp posted:

you share allies separately for all three dark side, light side, and cantina missions. Just log in and do 1 node manually with the leader you want shared and that leader will be available to your friends.

Thanks for this.

Also, a big TY to Jerkface (not sure the SA handle) who put GK on his light side ally which allowed me to finally 3 star Shoretrooper.

Moral_Hazard fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Aug 18, 2017

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Chilichimp posted:

Agreed, thanks for this. For some reason I had never seen a breakdown like, and random people I would ask never seemed to know.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Just set my lightside lead to Kenobi if anyone needs that.

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you

fishtobaskets posted:

If you friend me, my zFinn should let you beat them if you have your resistance dudes at any sort of reasonable gear level.

What toons do you use in your resistance team?

Mine are:

I'm considering getting zFinn, but I don't really use that team much as I've also have a decent Sith team.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Anders posted:

What toons do you use in your resistance team?

Mine are:

I'm considering getting zFinn, but I don't really use that team much as I've also have a decent Sith team.

zFinn, Poe, R2, Rey, and RT, I'm pretty sure.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Chilichimp posted:

zFinn, Poe, R2, Rey, and RT, I'm pretty sure.

^this. R2 was what brought resistance into fashion for his potency boost and ability to pop exposes off the taunt (along with all the other cool poo poo he does for any team) but for LS hard nodes any zFinn lead w 4 resistance should work fine. Make sure Poe/Finn/RT/RP have potency to max expose

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I don't have a "need" at the moment from arena currency so wanted to see what the thread thought I should do:

Maybe useful?
Cass 25/30
Savage 11/30

Unlocked:
Ugnaught, Greedo, CUP

Not Unlocked:
Asajj, NG

Or just bank arena currency until Ep VIII arrives?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Prolly worth unlocking NG at least, as it's supposed there will be a review for Separatists soonish and he's the likely choice for fleet commander.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

tadashi posted:

I don't have a "need" at the moment from arena currency so wanted to see what the thread thought I should do:

Maybe useful?
Cass 25/30
Savage 11/30

Unlocked:
Ugnaught, Greedo, CUP

Not Unlocked:
Asajj, NG

Or just bank arena currency until Ep VIII arrives?

I'm banking mine from now on. The Leia crunch for CLS taught me a lesson.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Chilichimp posted:

Prolly worth unlocking NG at least, as it's supposed there will be a review for Separatists soonish and he's the likely choice for fleet commander.

On the flip side, might they just give us the unlock shards if they do make him fleet commander, like they did with other pilots? Are there any pilots they have introduced post-ships launch that we didn't get some welfare shards for?

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

MoraleHazard posted:

:same:

Thanks for this.

Also, a big TY to Jerkface (not sure the SA handle) who put GK on his light side ally which allowed me to finally 3 star Shoretrooper.

It me :coal:

Herux
Dec 1, 2013
http://imgur.com/a/fSyqf

That is 780k friend points! Hurray Shards!

OH and ontop of those alreayd maxed chars I also ended up with:

125/100 Jedi Consular!
105/65 Ewok Scout
80/30 on clone sergeant
176/85 Ashoka tano
101/65 rebel scout
140/65 stormytrooper
96/65 urorourourourr
32/30 hoth soldier
86/30 jedi guardian
84/80 IMA GUN DI new unlock okay!

Herux fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Aug 18, 2017

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
The return on shards seem so bad. I only have like 2000 shards saved up and I've got like 15 7* toons right now.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

Which zeta should I prioritize for CLS?

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

MichiganCubbie posted:

Which zeta should I prioritize for CLS?

It Binds All Things - his second unique.

It's like giving him +100 speed after round 1.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I have a new algorithm for sm AAT. 12 hr hold, p1, 6 hr hold, p2, 6 hr hold, p3, 6 hr hold p4.

It might seem a little complicated, but it's just 2 points on the clock that give at least 2 reasonable time slots to every time zone on the globe.

Raid start: 8p (get your zero in)
P1: 8a
P2: 2p
P3: 8p
P4: 2a

It leaves 18 hrs mop up time for p4, which we havent needed historically.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
This is going to sound really paranoid but does drop rates go down if you have enough shards to promote a character but don't promote?

I got my Ezra to 86/85 but am holding off on promoting him for now. Up until that point, he had a near perfect 33% drop rate from cantina (i have been logging the drops). Since then, i have gotten 4 shards in 90 cantina battles. 4 shards in 720 cantina energy... Statistically it should have been 30

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

Mike, Steve, what the hell
Hey guys, you've seen me post a few times in this thread so I was wondering if it's ok to recruit for a non-goon guild here. Because i'm european :(

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Mister Blueberry posted:

Hey guys, you've seen me post a few times in this thread so I was wondering if it's ok to recruit for a non-goon guild here. Because i'm european :(

I did and no-one seemed to mind.

Have the devs of this game given any indication about whether they are aware of and/or think the final GW node being literally impossible 95% of the time as being an issue at all? Or is that working as intended, because it's been the single most annoying source of frustration the last few weeks, and it compounds the normal daily galactic chore fatigue.

I didn't mind it so much back when it was the occasional time but it's every loving time now. Just have 11 nodes then. Or better: shrink it down to six nodes and double the rewards on them.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

Cactus posted:

I did and no-one seemed to mind.

Have the devs of this game given any indication about whether they are aware of and/or think the final GW node being literally impossible 95% of the time as being an issue at all? Or is that working as intended, because it's been the single most annoying source of frustration the last few weeks, and it compounds the normal daily galactic chore fatigue.

I didn't mind it so much back when it was the occasional time but it's every loving time now. Just have 11 nodes then. Or better: shrink it down to six nodes and double the rewards on them.

I quit at node 10. Sometimes node 6 if I'm really annoyed.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

UmOk posted:

I quit at node 10. Sometimes node 6 if I'm really annoyed.

My node 11 is basically what my node 12 used to be like. I can do it about 70-80% of the time. Occasionally easy, mostly challenging but do-able with some sacrifices, occasionally impossible. 12 is now always impossible.

They must be seeing in the data more and more people are doing this and realise it's a problem? The answer is probably that as long as whales keep on whaling they don't really care.

fake edit and now I've annoyed myself by missing the refresh because I was whining about it on the internet. My head feels like a deflated balloon I'm going to bed.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
Galactic Chore.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Node 12 is always a whale gk team and it is the worst and GW!

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I burn through 3-4 teams beating GW some days. Most days just 1-2. The trick is having a deep roster.

Or get zFinn resistance, that apparently owns in GW.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

tadashi posted:

Rebs have a real hard time with LS9, but Jedi can clear through it. I powered through with zQGJ (L), Kanan, Ezra, Mace, JKA. I borrowed whoever was strongest, Luminara when I could get her but Biggs as well. Foresight every time you kill something REALLY cuts down on the bs aoe in LS9 2 and 3.

EDIT GL 8 for Kanan, Ezra, and JKA, 9 for QGJ and 10 for Mace (because I use his ship, don't you loving judge me). I used mace over Tano because he hits hard, I had him geared to the 9s, and the extra dispel was useful. Any competently geared Jedi could replace him, though, and I know lots of people have actually put time and effort in Luminara, I just think she's too slow.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

I love my broken node 12. My node 11 is crazy insanely tough, but my node twelve is like gear 4 cannon fodder.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

From what I heard about the GW power recalculation, you basically need a maxed CLS to break nodes now. True?

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Chilichimp posted:

I burn through 3-4 teams beating GW some days. Most days just 1-2. The trick is having a deep roster.

Or get zFinn resistance, that apparently owns in GW.

Ive finished every day since I got him in May. The only team that gives them an ounce of trouble is full zQGJ/zYoda jedi. Luckily I have a DS aoe team for those nodes.

nfthree
Mar 5, 2007

I've cleared up some inactives from my allies list......141-694-574

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
What makes zFinn so good at GW? Don't you meet the same teams as you could meet in SA?
Does the zFinn GW team require Resistance Trooper or is R2D2 good too? R2 is resistance for some reason, and a lot easier to get than Resistance Trooper

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Ineptitude posted:

What makes zFinn so good at GW? Don't you meet the same teams as you could meet in SA?
Does the zFinn GW team require Resistance Trooper or is R2D2 good too? R2 is resistance for some reason, and a lot easier to get than Resistance Trooper

Resistance Trooper is part of the Core Trio for resistance along with zFinn and Poe. R2, Pilot, and Rey you get to choose two out of three depending on what you're trying to do.

The reason the team is so good for GW is because once they start rolling, they gain massive amounts of ™, and since that carries over in galactic war, you'll often clear entire enemy teams before they get a turn.

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

Resistance ar egreat for so many things btw, and GW is just one of those things.

You get the speed mods, which are great. You get a LS team able to easily beat the lvl9 Hard Light side battles. A decent arena team on attack. And one of the best teams for HAAT, good in phases 2, 3 and 4.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Can you really clear all arena meta teams you are most likely bound to encounter on nodes 6/9/11(12) with Resistance without breaking a sweat?

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

Mr. Neutron posted:

Can you really clear all arena meta teams you are most likely bound to encounter on nodes 6/9/11(12) with Resistance without breaking a sweat?

Some teams can cause a bit of problem, especially with all the mix and mismatch metas we are having now.
But yeah, Zfinn can handle almost anything especially with TM advantage.

By the way my guild is EU based and we are recruiting 12 members that have teams for HAAT after a small purge we had.

We do 24 hour zero DMG on heroic pit and we run normal AAT at the moment, but we're fairly certain that HAAT will be beat next time we go for it, which is september.

So if you like EU hours for raids (7 or 8pm GMT) contact me on discord! discord PM: Lino Albaro#2619

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Mr. Neutron posted:

Yes.