Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

Levitate posted:

Man all the news this weekend sure has me fired up to have a vocal trump supporter on my favorite team :thumbsup:

Ugh, thanks for reminding me.

Though this inspired me to check out his Twitter to see just how vocal he is about that poo poo (lately, not very vocal, thank god), and stumbled upon this, which is basically a cleaned up NYCGUIDOVOICE post:

https://twitter.com/tonydee07/status/892560343247060992

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

OldSenileGuy posted:

Ugh, thanks for reminding me.

Though this inspired me to check out his Twitter to see just how vocal he is about that poo poo (lately, not very vocal, thank god), and stumbled upon this, which is basically a cleaned up NYCGUIDOVOICE post:

https://twitter.com/tonydee07/status/892560343247060992

members only restaurant with a crappy drop ceiling huh

e: goddamn NYCGUIDOVOICE is a good follow

Levitate fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Aug 18, 2017

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
WELP a Deangelo NYCGUIDO avatar sounds pretty much perfect for RAS this season.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

EYYYY I'M DRIPPIN MY GLOVES HEA

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

(decades of idolizing mark messier and hating Dennis potvin)
Blueshirt lives matta

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

(Trying to explain the difference between CORSI and FENWICK to my uncle)

So whatta yous gay or what?

*Looks at the Penguins logo*

Aayyyyy cockle doodle doo, mistah pigeon

Rotten Cookies fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Aug 18, 2017

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

(everyone gets mad at Marc Staal)

EYY OOPSADAISILIANO

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

yellowcar posted:

(everyone gets mad at Marc Staal)

EYY OOPSADAISILIANO

Lmao

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

https://twitter.com/nycguidovoice/status/829724475390300160

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

"Yeah?"
"Yeah."
"Who's dis?"
"Dis is Jeff."
"Jeff, what happened? Did ya get it straightened out?"
"Well, we had a problem and, uh, we tried ta do everyting we could."
"Whaddya mean?"
"Well, ya know what I mean. He's gawn. And we couldn't do nothin' about it".
"That's it...whaddya mean?"
"He's gawn. He's gawn, and dat's it."

(Slams phone, cries. AV comes running out.)

And that's how I envision the buyout of Dan Girardi taking place.

e- Needed to Guido it up a bit by changing spellings.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Aug 18, 2017

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

CBJSprague24 posted:

"Yeah?"
"Yeah."
"Who's dis?"
"Dis is Jeff."
"Jeff, what happened? Did ya get it straightened out?"
"Well, we had a problem and, uh, we tried ta do everyting we could."
"Whaddya mean?"
"Well, ya know what I mean. He's gawn. And we couldn't do nothin' about it".
"That's it...whaddya mean?"
"He's gawn. He's gawn, and dat's it."

(Slams phone, cries. AV comes running out.)

And that's how I envision the buyout of Dan Girardi taking place.

e- Needed to Guido it up a bit by changing spellings.

I like this play. One defender goes one way and the other goes the other. And Hank's saying "Whaddya want from me?"

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

Call Your Grandma posted:

I like this play. One defender goes one way and the other goes the other. And Hank's saying "Whaddya want from me?"

Fuckin' stunad over there, and gavone over there! Fuckin' fugazey defense their heads always mushad can't keep the puck outta the zone ta save their liiiiiiives

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
Tony DeAngelo to Red Wings roof e4

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
CORRECTION: Tony DeAngelo to Detroit Right Wings e5

Westmountdke
Mar 17, 2005
I'm disowning my own post

Westmountdke fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Aug 18, 2017

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

RJ Umberger gets a PTO with Dallas.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
enter the mcleod

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Hockey goons, my band is about to embark on a 10-week tour of US/Canada. We tour extensively quite often, we're a duo of brothers. I play drums, he plays guitar/loops, we work with the engineer of The Melvins. Mix of heavy rock and a sort of cinematic post-rock I suppose. Come say hi, mainly because I've never met any of you in real life and have been posting here for a long while.

http://www.jerkagram.com/tour

We're going almost everywhere, and if you live in a major non-Alberta Canadian city, we will be playing it.

*end shameless promotion*

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

Bridgeport, CT? Wow, you really are playing everywhere.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

Hockey goons, my band is about to embark on a 10-week tour of US/Canada. We tour extensively quite often, we're a duo of brothers. I play drums, he plays guitar/loops, we work with the engineer of The Melvins. Mix of heavy rock and a sort of cinematic post-rock I suppose. Come say hi, mainly because I've never met any of you in real life and have been posting here for a long while.

We're going almost everywhere, and if you live in a major non-Alberta Canadian city, we will be playing it.

Why have you chosen to avoid Alberta?

Is it the smell?

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

Aphrodite posted:

Is it the smell?

no one ever plays alberta unless its the saddle dome or rexall/rodgers

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

Is it the smell?

Everything between Vancouver and the Ontario border is a desolate wasteland 90% of bands worth their weight in dead animals will not venture.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

Is it the smell?

Way too many hours of driving and nearly enough of a payoff. It was much more conducive to exit Canada into Minneapolis/Chicago/St Louis territory.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Zodijackylite posted:

Bridgeport, CT? Wow, you really are playing everywhere.

More like Black Rock. I grew up in Connecticut and lived in Bridgeport/Fairfield for 4 years so a lot of my friends from home are gonna be there.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The smell. Knew it.

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

More like Black Rock. I grew up in Connecticut and lived in Bridgeport/Fairfield for 4 years so a lot of my friends from home are gonna be there.

Cool, I never knew that. I'm from here, too. I can probably make it to the show. That's the day before pre-season Rangers hockey starts!

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

Way too many hours of driving and nearly enough of a payoff. It was much more conducive to exit Canada into Minneapolis/Chicago/St Louis territory.

And yet you choose Madison over Milwaukee.

Actually, that's probably the right move. Most of the music venues in Milwaukee blow.

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

The smell. Knew it.

It would be a good excuse to hop a greyhound and get away from the smell for a few days. Alas, I can't afford to take time off, much less a bus ticket/hostel bed.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Richmond or DC could work for me

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

Way to avoid DFW you jerk

:mad:

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

Cool, will mark off your Ottawa date on the calendar.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Infidel Castro posted:

And yet you choose Madison over Milwaukee.

Actually, that's probably the right move. Most of the music venues in Milwaukee blow.

The booking process isn't necessarily choosing somewhere to play. There are a lot of variables which go into choosing the best show and a big part of that is what is available on that day and which bands can play it. We've played Milwaukee plenty but it didn't come together this time so we went to Madison.

Brodeurs Nanny fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Aug 18, 2017

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Zodijackylite posted:

Cool, I never knew that. I'm from here, too. I can probably make it to the show. That's the day before pre-season Rangers hockey starts!

Are you my age/do I know you? I'm 32.

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
Guelph is not a major city :colbert:

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Aphrodite posted:

The smell. Knew it.

Are you disagreeing with his choice? I'm not.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

checksin posted:

Guelph is not a major city :colbert:

I didn't say it was. I merely said that if you live in A major city in Canada which is not in Alberta, I will be there.

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

I missed your last show in Pittsburgh and now you're not coming. I'm sorry ok?

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

glynnenstein posted:

Every CBA negotiation for 25 years has resulted in either a strike or a lockout, because Prokauser Rose knows exactly what it's doing.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

See you in Toronto, if we're not all dead by then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
https://mobile.twitter.com/A_Kalnins/status/898877063842734080

• Locked thread