Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

:wom: will blow your mind.

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

Personally I prefer Billy with glass shelves and doors. You can get a greater density of shelves because it's actually designed to accommodate them. Get some clear plastic jewellery display steps to stand your men on and you're good to go.

Woah. I got the bill with glass doors but I need those glass shelves... Are those 3rd party or does Ikea just sell them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

I never thought to use the nail polish racks for mans. Fantastic.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

TTerrible posted:

As hobbies go, having the most obscene ridiculous component top out at £1k is pretty tame. Only a tiny subset of people involved will go that far. People into paintball, shooting, motorsport, pc gaming will beat that easy.

I do not own a titan, nor will I ever :v:

Yeah I regularly travel abroad to run, and own a motorbike. Gaming is like the least costly of my hobbies.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

WhiteOutMouse posted:

Woah. I got the bill with glass doors but I need those glass shelves... Are those 3rd party or does Ikea just sell them

Ikea sells them but you need to search specifically for them on the site - http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/products/storage-furniture/bookcases/billy-extra-shelf-glass-art-10286752/

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat
Okay this rather slipped my notice, primaris lieutenants can take master crafted stalker rifles just like captains.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Corrode posted:

There's people in the world for whom money isn't an object

Or they just buy one from China for 1/4 the cost.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

how are scouts right now

are scouts good? I have a lot of scouts and I want to get them land speeders. I don't want to run mostly scout armies but I plan on having a decent amount (so I can run BT rules and have a bunch of crusader squads as well)

last time I played 40k was beginning of 6th edition

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Artum posted:

Okay this rather slipped my notice, primaris lieutenants can take master crafted stalker rifles just like captains.

I just want to know why they have to give up their rifle (and can't take a regular rifle at all) in order to get a power sword.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Babe Magnet posted:

how are scouts right now

are scouts good? I have a lot of scouts and I want to get them land speeders. I don't want to run mostly scout armies but I plan on having a decent amount (so I can run BT rules and have a bunch of crusader squads as well)

last time I played 40k was beginning of 6th edition

Scouts are decent cheap Troops. 65pts with bolters and an HB is decent, snipers are good, world's your oyster. Just keep them cheap.

Major Spag
Nov 4, 2012

Corrode posted:

Scouts are decent cheap Troops. 65pts with bolters and an HB is decent, snipers are good, world's your oyster. Just keep them cheap.

Furthermore, the ability to force mortal wounds on any character says a lot.

I'd also advocate taking a couple of vindicares to really wipe out leader buffs for your scouts.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

Major Spag posted:

Furthermore, the ability to force mortal wounds on any character says a lot.

I'd also advocate taking a couple of vindicares to really wipe out leader buffs for your scouts.

I've played my sniper scouts in like 4 games so far and they have yet to deal a single mortal wound. I honestly don't think they've managed to deal a single unsaved wound at all.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

Pendent posted:

I've played my sniper scouts in like 4 games so far and they have yet to deal a single mortal wound. I honestly don't think they've managed to deal a single unsaved wound at all.

You need to run like 30 and have them crowded around bobby g. Rerolling the wounds gives more chances of 6s.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

a cock shaped fruit posted:

Crosspost, RE my local game stores CHAPTER CHALLENGE, and the entries we have so far:

Nice sons of malice

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I just want to know why they have to give up their rifle (and can't take a regular rifle at all) in order to get a power sword.

I think there arent master crafted bolt rifles purely because they'd always be the best option, you'd never want the auto rifle over it because its only going to matter slightly for that 9" gap and after that the rifle would be miles better, and 6" +1 ap isnt worth the tradeoff off an extra shot and penalty free fire on the move.

Hamshot
Feb 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Saint Drogo posted:

you're keeping this quality poo poo to yourself while the Unspiration thread limps along on titty models??

I crossposted them like 30 seconds after the post in this thread. :shrug:

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

That's what the model comes with!

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.

MasterSlowPoke posted:

That's what the model comes with!

This is definitely GW's worst policy direction.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Broken Record Talk posted:

This is definitely GW's worst policy direction.

Especially the part where we won't know what options the PF/Plasma Pistol Captain has until he shows up.

I do think it's funny that Intercessor Sergeants have the option to carry power swords but there isn't one in the box.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Especially the part where we won't know what options the PF/Plasma Pistol Captain has until he shows up.

I do think it's funny that Intercessor Sergeants have the option to carry power swords but there isn't one in the box.

But there is a power sword on the Ultramarine Primaris upgrade sprue.

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

Guy Goodbody posted:

This dude's D&D board went viral and you can see some stuff in the background

I have seen pictures of this guy's setup before when looking for pictures of Mierce Miniatures' models. He's got room-sized tables of fully-painted (I assume all commissioned) terrain, commissions world-class painters to do loads of stuff, etc. It all looks absolutely amazing.

I always wonder what a guy like that does though. I mean, I don't know any super-rich people, but surely most really fabulously wealthy sorts have a very consuming job or a busy schedule. That amount of gaming stuff makes me think of someone with a lot more time on his hands. I wonder if it's inherited wealth, and when all the other oligarchs' kids are going out shagging supermodels and throwing yacht parties, this one guy is down in his super-basement playing with his massive toy castle while his aging plutocrat father worries about him.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Pendent posted:

But there is a power sword on the Ultramarine Primaris upgrade sprue.

There's also a ton of them in my old CSM Warrior Sprues. :getin:

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

Corrode posted:

Yeah I regularly travel abroad to run, and own a motorbike. Gaming is like the least costly of my hobbies.

You travel, regularly, to run? Like on foot jogging?

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Stanyer89 posted:

You travel, regularly, to run? Like on foot jogging?

Yeah, I've run marathons all over Europe.

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

Corrode posted:

Yeah, I've run marathons all over Europe.

Yeah you might as well save your knees and ligaments and just buy a Resin Titan tbh.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Stanyer89 posted:

Yeah you might as well save your knees and ligaments and just buy a Resin Titan tbh.

I bought a Redemptor Dread today so the walkers are getting taller at least.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Corrode posted:

I bought a Redemptor Dread today so the walkers are getting taller at least.

Baby steps. You can't just jump right to krokodil

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

panascope posted:

Baby steps. You can't just jump right to krokodil

It really is krokodil. When I got back into 40k with 8th I picked up a sicaran venator because it looked cool, and in just a few months I've added a spartan, leviathan, deimos vindicator, have a second leviathan, a fire raptor, and a jetbike squad on their way, and have been staring at more FW dreads.

Mr.Fuzzywig
Dec 13, 2006
I play too much Supcom

Thanqol posted:

Oh, are we posting Cawls?

[timg]http://i.imgur.com/kTBqPns.jpg][/timg]

Blue cawl? Blue necrons! Best buds for life!

[timg]http://i.imgur.com/RyVnc6x.jpg][/timg]

[timg]http://i.imgur.com/a7xFoHK.jpg][/timg]

[timg]http://i.imgur.com/DrntHBU.jpg][/timg]

[timg]http://i.imgur.com/hlum6Yo.jpg][/timg]

Sorry for the lovely phone pics. I should build something like that lightroom posted a while back.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Booley posted:

It really is krokodil. When I got back into 40k with 8th I picked up a sicaran venator because it looked cool, and in just a few months I've added a spartan, leviathan, deimos vindicator, have a second leviathan, a fire raptor, and a jetbike squad on their way, and have been staring at more FW dreads.

Cum play Horus Heresy m'lard

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
Grimey Drawer

panascope posted:

Cum play Horus Heresy m'lard

I only have 10 painted tactical marines, and don't really want to buy the heresy books until they release angelus. Plus, nobody at my local store plays 30k. Unless PNW crew is in the Seattle area?

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Genghis Cohen posted:

I have seen pictures of this guy's setup before when looking for pictures of Mierce Miniatures' models. He's got room-sized tables of fully-painted (I assume all commissioned) terrain, commissions world-class painters to do loads of stuff, etc. It all looks absolutely amazing.

I always wonder what a guy like that does though. I mean, I don't know any super-rich people, but surely most really fabulously wealthy sorts have a very consuming job or a busy schedule. That amount of gaming stuff makes me think of someone with a lot more time on his hands. I wonder if it's inherited wealth, and when all the other oligarchs' kids are going out shagging supermodels and throwing yacht parties, this one guy is down in his super-basement playing with his massive toy castle while his aging plutocrat father worries about him.

A dude I used to play with at the L.A. Battle Bunker had all kinds of forgeworld commissioned painted stuff. He ran all of the apocalypse games there, and only played apocalypse so he could use his titans and thunderhawks.

He mentioned he just never married and had a ton of disposable income, so that's why he did it.

Moral of the story is don't get married or have kids, hoard your money to buy plastic toys.

Edit: are we posting Cawls? I must have missed it.

Zuul the Cat fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Aug 18, 2017

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Booley posted:

I only have 10 painted tactical marines, and don't really want to buy the heresy books until they release angelus. Plus, nobody at my local store plays 30k. Unless PNW crew is in the Seattle area?

Bulbasaur and tallkidwithglasses both are.

Salynne
Oct 25, 2007

Booley posted:

People play 30k at Meeples in West Seattle I'm pretty sure. Some of those people on that facebook group are goons I think although I don't know which is which. I joined the group but I haven't gone in there still. In about a month I'll be moving down to Burien and then I'll probably hit up Meeples more often.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Zuul the Cat posted:

A dude I used to play with at the L.A. Battle Bunker had all kinds of forgeworld commissioned painted stuff. He ran all of the apocalypse games there, and only played apocalypse so he could use his titans and thunderhawks.

He mentioned he just never married and had a ton of disposable income, so that's why he did it.

Moral of the story is don't get married or have kids, hoard your money to buy plastic toys.

Edit: are we posting Cawls? I must have missed it.

I'm still waiting on my Cawl to show up, drat postal system.

Booley posted:

Is Angelus gonna have Sanguinius in? Him and Dorn are basically all I've wanted ever since they started putting Primarchs out.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
How compatible are 30k and 40k models? Can you run some of the cool rear end dreads, like the Leviathans, in 40k?

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

Zuul the Cat posted:

How compatible are 30k and 40k models? Can you run some of the cool rear end dreads, like the Leviathans, in 40k?

Stuff like leviathans straight up have rules in the forge world index, basically none of the special infantry is supported though outside of the terminators which have plastic kits.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat
That said im struggling to resist the urge to buy some suzerains and run them as 2 units of honour guard.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Zuul the Cat posted:

Yes, the FW bok Index: forces of the adeptus astartes has rules for various contemptors, the leviathan, the deredo, and the chaplain dread. My leviathan dread has been doing so well in 40k I'm considering not running it even though I love the model. For 360 points it will remove any tank/elite infantry squad it gets within charge range of, and with t8, 14w, a 2+ save and a 4+ invuln it doesn't have any issue getting there.

Of course, this might be because my store (mox in Bellevue for seagoons) seems mostly filled with people just getting started and having little/no anti-tank, so a couple dreads/tanks just walk all over their armies.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Corrode posted:

Is Angelus gonna have Sanguinius in? Him and Dorn are basically all I've wanted ever since they started putting Primarchs out.

Nobody knows, but I'd hope/assume so. Sanguinius is the model I want most and will be an instant buy for me. I both want it to happen soon and want it to take a while before they release him because I feel like my skills aren't good enough to do him justice yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.

Corrode posted:

Given that Thousand Sons got Magnus, and Space Wolves got Russ, with the release of Inferno, I can't imagine that they wouldn't do Sanguinius and The Lion for Angelus.

But it's FW we're talking about, and post-Bligh :rip: FW at that, so who the hell knows? Might just mean we get more Blood Bowl and Custodes minis.