Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

Broken Record Talk posted:

Given that Thousand Sons got Magnus, and Space Wolves got Russ, with the release of Inferno, I can't imagine that they wouldn't do Sanguinius and The Lion for Angelus.

But it's FW we're talking about, and post-Bligh :rip: FW at that, so who the hell knows? Might just mean we get more Blood Bowl and Custodes minis.

I heard Inferno will actually only be Custodes now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Booley posted:

It really is krokodil. When I got back into 40k with 8th I picked up a sicaran venator because it looked cool, and in just a few months I've added a spartan, leviathan, deimos vindicator, have a second leviathan, a fire raptor, and a jetbike squad on their way, and have been staring at more FW dreads.

My only experience with all-resin tanks was a ChinaForge Land Raider Achilles that I almost threw into a wall, how is the Sicaran to build? I kinda want one but not if its gonna take years off my life.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
The Sicaran mould is a piece of poo poo.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

TTerrible posted:

The Sicaran mould is a piece of poo poo.

I found it the exact opposite, mine went together trivially. Nothing warped, casting gates in fairly decent places. A bit of mold slip on the barrel, but that was fixable without even any putty. Unlike my spartan that I wanted to murder. Are you mistaken in which you're thinking of?

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Booley posted:

I found it the exact opposite, mine went together trivially. Nothing warped, casting gates in fairly decent places. A bit of mold slip on the barrel, but that was fixable without even any putty. Unlike my spartan that I wanted to murder. Are you mistaken in which you're thinking of?

Not at all. When did you pick it up? They may have renewed the mould.

The top/front part of mine was twisted so badly in all three directions that it was fit only for terrain. Heating it up enough to make the thick parts malleable would have destroyed the thinner front plate. Forge Worlds amazing customer service told me to eat poo poo. Someone else in my group got one that wasn't quite as bad and they managed to get it together but it still has a good1-2cm gap on one side. They're happy with that so :shrug:

The Sicaran was at one point known for this particular problem. They may have fixed it.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
My sicaran was trash too. Hilarious mold slips on the tracks, unsalvageable weapons, and a lot of gap filling. I had to resculpt some of the tracks and contacted Forge World for replacement weapons. I probably could've gotten a full second kit out of them if I really wanted to, but I was able to fix everything else. It just took a while.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Premium Jewel Like Objects Of Wonder.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

TTerrible posted:

Not at all. When did you pick it up? They may have renewed the mould.

The top/front part of mine was twisted so badly in all three directions that it was fit only for terrain. Heating it up enough to make the thick parts malleable would have destroyed the thinner front plate. Forge Worlds amazing customer service told me to eat poo poo. Someone else in my group got one that wasn't quite as bad and they managed to get it together but it still has a good1-2cm gap on one side. They're happy with that so :shrug:

The Sicaran was at one point known for this particular problem. They may have fixed it.

I ordered mine in early June of this year. So maybe they fixed the mold. When did you and Safety Factor order yours?

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Booley posted:

I ordered mine in early June of this year. So maybe they fixed the mold. When did you and Safety Factor order yours?

Ah mine was a couple of years ago at least.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I distinctly remember hearing about the redo before I ordered mine. I had held off because the kit was notorious for having problems. Maybe I got unlucky and got an older model. No one else I know who has gotten a sicaran since then has had the same problems I did.

Xarlaxas
Sep 2, 2011

Who speaks for the Man's cub?
After hearing how awesome the Repressor is for the Sisters of Battle I want one, but, apparently, the mould is worn out at Forge World. :cry:

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
lmao who keeps buying me this avatar it's one of you guys

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

goose willis posted:

I wish it was me, I really do. That is one of my favorite avatars on these forums

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat
Honestly it'd be a better avatar if enraged honking was the text on it.

Any recommendations on what colours to use for glowing purple? Started work on the librarian and I'm not a fan of the yellow glowing piping for their kit.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

goose willis posted:

Just give in to it and wear it as a badge of pride.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

Artum posted:

Honestly it'd be a better avatar if enraged honking was the text on it.

Any recommendations on what colours to use for glowing purple? Started work on the librarian and I'm not a fan of the yellow glowing piping for their kit.

Really, when I try to do glowing colors I just basecoat it in the color I want, add some white, and then glaze it with a P3 ink of the appropriate color. Works great for me. P3 doesn't have a purple ink but I'm sure other manufacturers do, or you can figure out a mixture of stuff using their blue ink.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
So, I just won this painted Imperial Knight with custom Adeptus Custodes bits off Shapeways from Black Label Painting.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Well done, that ham.

Felime
Jul 10, 2009

LingcodKilla posted:

Just give in to it and wear it as a badge of pride.

Seriously, I'm waiting on an avatar until I piss someone off enough to earn one. Unfortunately I'm not actually all that infuriating.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

Zuul the Cat posted:

So, I just won this painted Imperial Knight with custom Adeptus Custodes bits off Shapeways from Black Label Painting.

Time to make a Talons army! :getin:

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Felime posted:

Seriously, I'm waiting on an avatar until I piss someone off enough to earn one. Unfortunately I'm not actually all that infuriating.

Just post "But fuckin' ULTRAMARINES, right guys???" 20 times a day and you'll get one soon enough.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Corrode posted:

Just post "But fuckin' ULTRAMARINES, right guys???" 20 times a day and you'll get one soon enough.
Disclaimer: It'll probably be a shaky Marneus Calgar or Guilliman with "BUT FUCKIN' ULTRAMARINES, RIGHT GUYS???" as the red text.

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Eh. I'm pretty content with my current logo.
butt fuckin' ultramarines

40k Badcast update:

No Badcast next week as I'm gonna be at the beach. The week after, right before NOVA we will be releasing the next episode and we have HUGE NEWS. Make sure to listen. And get your friends to listen. And your mom. But not your dad. gently caress that guy.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

The Sex Cannon posted:

butt fuckin' ultramarines

40k Badcast update:

No Badcast next week as I'm gonna be at the beach. The week after, right before NOVA we will be releasing the next episode and we have HUGE NEWS. Make sure to listen. And get your friends to listen. And your mom. But not your dad. gently caress that guy.

Yeah my dad is kind of an rear end in a top hat. Thanks for the heads up he's not welcome.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Going to go to NOVA next year I think since I'm moving to richmond. Too bad it's the same weekend as dragoncon, my girlfriend likes going there and this will be my first year going. I hear they have 40k at dragoncon.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

chutche2 posted:

Going to go to NOVA next year I think since I'm moving to richmond. Too bad it's the same weekend as dragoncon, my girlfriend likes going there and this will be my first year going. I hear they have 40k at dragoncon.

They have like 60,000 people at Dragoncon so it's safe to say they have everything.

I'm the opposite, this is my first NOVA and first time in 16 years NOT going to Dragon.

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Eh. I'm pretty content with my current logo.

JoshTheStampede posted:

They have like 60,000 people at Dragoncon so it's safe to say they have everything.

I'm the opposite, this is my first NOVA and first time in 16 years NOT going to Dragon.

You've made the right choice. We are gonna slam so many fuckin' hams.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
tbh battletech is my main jam but it's so goddamn hard to find groups for it. The only irl games I've had in years is when I've taken my models out and ran demos. So I'll probably end up going wherever has the most presence for that.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Autism Sneaks posted:

Time to make a Talons army! :getin:

No kidding. Time to pick up some Custodes from eBay.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

Zuul the Cat posted:

No kidding. Time to pick up some Custodes from eBay.

Still mildly annoyed that I didn't jump on those 10 sword and board custodes and a land raider unpainted for £50.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

chutche2 posted:

my girlfriend

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I traded armies with a friend for a day, just because we wanted to try each other's armies out for a few games.

Oh no I'm in love with the Kult of Speed. And it's not even that expensive, cash-wise.

I feel the need.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Crosspost from the Great Goon Chapter Challenge!

Zark the Damned posted:

Alpha Barracudas reporting for duty!

The Alpha Barracudas were amongst the first of the Primaris Chapters to be decanted, and were immediately assigned to the protection of the Piscina system after the Cicatrix Malediction triggered an Ork uprising there.

Unconventional by Astartes standards, the Alpha Barracudas tend towards playing the long game in their campaigns. They make use of guerrilla strikes and assassinations to weaken their enemy, and only once they feel they are sufficiently weakened will they conduct full on raids to crush their foes. These tactics have led to dark rumours that their geneseed is based on that of the Alpha Legion as part of Cawl's experimentation, but no definitive proof has surfaced.

If you want to paint your own Alpha Barracudas, follow the below guide! (note that some of these are OOP and you'll need to find equivalents!)

Undercoat: Army Painter Plate Metal Spray.
Armour: Highlight with GW Runefang Steel. Apply GW Turquoise Glaze to the recesses and any ribbed cabling like the joints, then re-highlight the edges with Runefang Steel. This is also used for the Bolt Rifle's Magazine.
Bolt Rifle: Highlight metal areas with Runefang Steel. The Casing is painted in P3 Greatcoat Grey, then the whole gun washed in GW Glossy Nuln Oil.
Blue: P3 Cygnar Blue Highlight, washed with GW Drakenhof Nightshade and re-highlighted with Cygnar Blue Highlight.
Shoulder Rims: As a member of the 4th company this guy uses GW Emerald Green rims.
Gold: GW Retributor Armour, followed by a GW Seraphim Sepia wash, then highlighted with GW Auric Armour Gold.
Bone: P3 Menoth White Base. GW Agrax Earthshade Wash, highlighted with Menoth White Base.
Skin: P3 Gun Corps Brown, GW Agrax Earhshade Wash, highlighted with Gun Corps Brown.
Yellow: GW Iyanden Darksun, highlighted with P3 Cygnar Yellow.
Base Top/ Laurels: GW Goblin Green, washed with GW Biel Tan Green, highlighted with GW Goblin Green

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of *blank*
Finished my World Eaters Hellforged Spartan Assault tank. Looking forward to painting this. Sponsons are magnetized for ease of storage and transport.

First time building such a huge lump of resin. Pleased with how it turned out.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

I traded armies with a friend for a day, just because we wanted to try each other's armies out for a few games.

Oh no I'm in love with the Kult of Spe

ed. And it's not even that expensive, cash-wise.

I feel the need.

Kult of Speed is deceptively expensive. Warbikes are $40 for 3.

The trukks and battlewagons aren't that bad though

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Random sisters list!

Celestine w/ 2 bodyguards
Canoness w/ maul, storm bolter

10 sister w/ melta, melta, combi-melta, rhino
10 sister w/ melta, melta, combi-melta, rhino
10 sister w/ flamer, heavy flamer, combi-flamer, rhino
10 sister w/ flamer, heavy flamer, combi-flamer, rhino

10 seraphim w/ 2 melta pistols
5 dominion w/ 5 storm bolters, immolator

Exorcist
Exorcist
5 retributors w/ heavy bolters

1 Plasma obliterator
--------------------------------------------

Canoness tools around with the dominions (even though they lose the advance move)
Retributors go in the plasma oblit to gain line of sight advantage

The only thing I'm not sure on are the exorcists in this edition; they are tough and have nice AP, but random shots and D3 damage are kind of bad.
If I drop the melta pistols on the seraphim I would have points for another canoness which would let me take a heavy detachment for +1 CMD points. This might be worth it. Sisters seem like an army that will benefit from CMD a lot for the rerolls of faith as well as the rerolls for Saint Celestine to get back up. Though less important early on (the only early I can use is to have the retributors shoot twice a turn with 4 heavy bolters).
I also used to run general sisters units (heavy flamer, melta, combi-melta) so it might take a while to get used to specific battle sister units. But in 8th, the way that flamers work, a single heavy flamer isn't going to do much against a horde. Oh well, I'll have to experiment.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Can I feel no pain a plasma self-death?

If I have multiple feel no pain abilities with different names, can I use them all or can I only use one?

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

goose willis posted:

If I have multiple feel no pain abilities with different names, can I use them all or can I only use one?

"Bearer is slain"

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte

goose willis posted:

I'm almost positive you can't. You don't take a wound from a plasma mishap, you're just removed from play.

There might be some ability that allows it, but I can't think of one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Yes but I thought that just meant no wound or save rolls

Also the second question is unrelated to the first